Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: My Friend is Seeking a 1-Bedroom for $1000 in Hudson Co.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
I don't think I have ever had a tenant that was originally from the same neighborhood. Then again.. there was a time I had the only renovated apartments in the neighborhood.

Pre Craigslist I used to advertise and just list the website address (this was a long time ago). I had a really basic webpage with all the basic information, floor plans, etc. This was back in a era where no real estate agent or landlord (or at least very few of them) were doing this.

I had far fewer hits than with a detailed ad in the paper. However, the hits were of much better quality (people who were generally interested in the area). The people could look up the details and reject it before even contacting me.

That's my method too, as much info in the ad as possible to not waste anybodys time. When I look at ads for comps I feel sorry for renters needing to sort through all these crappy minimal and cryptic ads. How hard is it to do a quick floor plan or to take and post a few photos?

Posted on: 2015/4/23 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

That's amazing. It's one way to insure you'll never get a better class of tenant than the ones that already live in the neighborhood! I guess that's what makes me a gentrifier.

Not too long ago someone being on the internet at all was a decent filter for getting better tenants. That's why I stopped advertising in the papers.

I don't think I have ever had a tenant that was originally from the same neighborhood. Then again.. there was a time I had the only renovated apartments in the neighborhood.

Pre Craigslist I used to advertise and just list the website address (this was a long time ago). I had a really basic webpage with all the basic information, floor plans, etc. This was back in a era where no real estate agent or landlord (or at least very few of them) were doing this.

I had far fewer hits than with a detailed ad in the paper. However, the hits were of much better quality (people who were generally interested in the area). The people could look up the details and reject it before even contacting me.

Posted on: 2015/4/23 14:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/8 19:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

That's amazing. It's one way to insure you'll never get a better class of tenant than the ones that already live in the neighborhood! I guess that's what makes me a gentrifier.

Not too long ago someone being on the internet at all was a decent filter for getting better tenants. That's why I stopped advertising in the papers.

Never thought of it that way, but I guess that makes me a gentrifier too. I only advertise online. Although, I make it a point to be very honest about the neighborhood, parking (sucks!), and commute etc. The old ad's used to attract some fancy NYC-UES types who've never set foot in Jersey City much less know the diff between Downtown, Greenville, and the Heights. Eeeek!
Now I make sure to re-describe the exact place and the neighborhood on the first pre-screen call to make sure that no one wastes their time.

I do like the Hoboken-to-Heights spill over though, and same with Exchange Place along the Lightrail line.

Posted on: 2015/4/23 13:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/13 16:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I would not rule out the second floor of a two family home . For that price or close to it you could get a 2 bedroom . Maybe even use of a washer and dryer. Without the hassle of living in a multi unit walk up building.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
You can find many in the Heights for that price. I would suggest hunting around on foot.

Serious question: are there really still people who would put a sign in the window and not put an ad on Craigslist?

Yes, all the time.

I think most people who do that are seniors, over the last 3 years GV apts have been on Craigslist especially ones near the lightrail.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
You can find many in the Heights for that price. I would suggest hunting around on foot.

Serious question: are there really still people who would put a sign in the window and not put an ad on Craigslist?

Yes, all the time.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 20:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/12 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
So True.

Quote:

Nomorebullcrap wrote:
Hi, you shouldn't really post that she is a single female....some creeper could make contact and hurt your friend...think before you type. It's a dangerous world unfortunately.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 12:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Yes, all the time.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 11:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

The signs typically come from a realtor, which would then imply a realtor fee.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 11:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/25 2:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/16 14:24
From Beirut
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, you shouldn't really post that she is a single female....some creeper could make contact and hurt your friend...think before you type. It's a dangerous world unfortunately.

Posted on: 2015/3/25 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/25 1:54
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
There are apartments in Bergen Hill for that rate at the moment. You can likely find something in McGinley Square as well.

Posted on: 2015/3/24 23:16
Dos A Cero

My Friend is Seeking a 1-Bedroom for $1000 in Hudson Co.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I have a very nice, single, mature (30ish) female friend who is seeking a one-bedroom in JC (Heights/JSquare), West New York, Union City or Weehawken. She's looking to move in June 1st and has a budget of about $1000.00.

She will work with a realtor but would like to avoid the fee if she could.

Any ideas? Please PM me. Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/3/24 22:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017