Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City disbands police motorcycle squad amid internal squabbling, sexual harassment claims
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
For the newbies, JC had a great number of cops on bikes in the 1990s. It was a spring/summer patroling. They were all over the city especially downtown. I am not aware of cops on bikes now, I haven't seen them. If we have them they are not in the numbers in the 1990s.

Just because you say you haven't seen any doesn't mean a thing. They were at the parade. I have an asshole neighbor who says he never sees a police car as one drives by. But then again this is a jerk who says he never sees plains clothes officers on the street. Duh.

Well that name Heights Brat suits you well, no I haven't seen them because they are not at the same numbers as in the 1990s. Thank God, you are not my neighbor.

I have been Thanking God for that blessing everyday.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 21:53

Re: Jersey City disbands police motorcycle squad amid internal squabbling, sexual harassment claims
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Put all of the former motorcycle cops on bicycles.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
For the newbies, JC had a great number of cops on bikes in the 1990s. It was a spring/summer patroling. They were all over the city especially downtown. I am not aware of cops on bikes now, I haven't seen them. If we have them they are not in the numbers in the 1990s.

Just because you say you haven't seen any doesn't mean a thing. They were at the parade. I have an asshole neighbor who says he never sees a police car as one drives by. But then again this is a jerk who says he never sees plains clothes officers on the street. Duh.

Well that name Heights Brat suits you well, no I haven't seen them because they are not at the same numbers as in the 1990s. Thank God, you are not my neighbor.

Yvonne why not start your own blog, or run for city council? Until then perhaps the webmaster can provide an ignore feature?
I give you an A for quantity and D for quality of your contributions to JCLIST.

Hide behind a phony name and attack someone, I will give you an F for honesty.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Yvonne why not start your own blog, or run for city council? Until then perhaps the webmaster can provide an ignore feature?
I give you an A for quantity and D for quality of your contributions to JCLIST.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
The guys in the motorcycle squad did seem to be a bunch of juiced-up a-holes. It's good that they disbanded it. However, there is a real need for cops on 2 wheels that can quickly get to emergencies in gridlock. The squad should be restarted, but on scooters or on electric motorcycles. There's no need for the big bikes other than for show.

Resized Image

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/fleet/police/

Posted on: 2015/3/20 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/20 12:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/20 11:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/20 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

elsquid wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
We got rid of cops on bikes ...

Wait, what? When did we get rid of the bike police?

Funny, I have been regularly running into the bike police in the park by me for the last six years. I just got home from an association meeting & the bikes are schedule to be back on the street up here (in the North) as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer.

I also know that the JCPD recently bought a big order of new mountain bikes from Jersey Cycles for the bike-mounted police. I don't think they're going anywhere. (Nor should they.)

But yeah, the motorcycle squad was very helpful in creating and enforcing the rolling road closures for the Ward Tour. (I'm a board member of Bike JC and was our chief marshal at the front last year, so I worked with them a bit, though the bike officers were more closely integrated with our riders.)

I'm sure that with police cars, officers on foot, and a full complement of bike police riding with our marshals, we can run the tour well, but we'll certainly be consulting with the city about how to adjust.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elsquid wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Funny, I have been regularly running into the bike police in the park by me for the last six years. I just got home from an association meeting & the bikes are schedule to be back on the street up here (in the North) as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 1:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
My first thought when I saw this thread was "What about the Bike JC Ward Tour??"

Not sure what went on the other 364 days of the year, but on the day of the Ward Tour the last few years, the MC Squad did a great job making it a safe event for all involved.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Under the Schundler Administration, we spent a lot of money on bikes but down the road those bikes were not used and new bikes were not brought as replacements. I cannot give you an exact year but we don't have cops on bikes like we had in the 1990s. Of friend of mine become a cop in 1993, he was using a bike probably 6 or 7 years.

Posted on: 2015/3/20 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/20 0:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
We got rid of cops on bikes and now we are getting rid of motorcycles cops. It is a bad idea. They see things that cops in cars cannnot see and they can get to incidents better than cops in cars when there is a back up in traffic. I have seen this happen.

In theory. In practice, I've seen JC bicycle and motorcycle cops ignore just as much activity as their brothers-in-cars.

I saw a motorcycle cop ride on the sidewalk in an emergency. It was the only way to get to the incident which involved a car accident.

One time I saw a police officer run onto the sidewalk in an emergency. There was no other way for him to get there. It was fascinating.

Posted on: 2015/3/19 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
We got rid of cops on bikes and now we are getting rid of motorcycles cops. It is a bad idea. They see things that cops in cars cannnot see and they can get to incidents better than cops in cars when there is a back up in traffic. I have seen this happen.

In theory. In practice, I've seen JC bicycle and motorcycle cops ignore just as much activity as their brothers-in-cars.

I saw a motorcycle cop ride on the sidewalk in an emergency. It was the only way to get to the incident which involved a car accident.

Posted on: 2015/3/19 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/19 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/19 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It is wrong to get rid of the motorcycle squad. When traffic is at a standstill, they are the only ones who are able to get through to an emergency.

Outside of parades, I've never seen a JCPD motorcycle cop. And I've never seen a JCPD car have trouble in traffic.

The weather hasn't been good for riding a motorcycle for the last few months and you won't get them out much at night for a variety of safety reasons. During the day, I see them occasionally. It isn't a ton as I think we could use more of them out (its a bit cheaper than a car) but it could just be timing and where they are dispatched as to why you've not seen them...

Posted on: 2015/3/19 17:03
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It is wrong to get rid of the motorcycle squad. When traffic is at a standstill, they are the only ones who are able to get through to an emergency.

Outside of parades, I've never seen a JCPD motorcycle cop. And I've never seen a JCPD car have trouble in traffic.

Posted on: 2015/3/19 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/3/19 14:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/13 16:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I really don't know or care about the politics involved but the JCMC squad did a great job sheparding some 1500 riders 15 miles thru Jersey City last June for the JC Ward tour . It would be a shame if that event did not take place because of this . The Ward Tour is a great showcase for JC .

Posted on: 2015/3/19 12:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like some of those guys tested for steroid abuse / use - Steroid use is illegal in every police department of the U.S

Posted on: 2015/3/19 9:33
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Jersey City disbands police motorcycle squad amid internal squabbling, sexual harassment claims
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City disbands police motorcycle squad amid internal squabbling, sexual harassment claims

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
March 18, 2015 at  4:51 PM

JERSEY CITY - When the St. Patrick's Day parade kicked off on Sunday afternoon, there was something missing: the police motorcycle squad, which usually leads the annual event.

But this year, there was no squad starting off the march because there is no squad anymore. City officials disbanded it last month amid internal squabbling, claims of sexual harassment and a possible investigation into improper overtime payments.

City officials say they eliminated the 26-member squad to make way for more foot patrols, but police sources who asked not to be identified criticizing their superiors say that's not true. Public Safety Director James Shea and Police Chief Philip Zacche disbanded the squad because they were tired of the internal fighting and decided it was easier to get rid of it, according to the sources, who say officers are angry about the city eliminating the century-old tradition.

"They can turn around and say it they're doing it for manpower," one said. "That's a bunch of baloney."

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... otorcycle_squad_amid.html

Posted on: 2015/3/19 4:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017