Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
37 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 37

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Street Sweeping ???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Haggis wrote:
We saw the lady in the golf cart writing tickets to cars that were not moved btwn 1-3 today on our block, but there was no sweeper or road work being done..

The "lady in the golf cart" is damn near crazy. She went down 1st St ticketing cars for all kinds of different reasons late last week. It has gotten crazy as of late. Even designated parking areas are being treated and held to some ridiculous standards and cars are getting tickets for random reasons. Of course, there is no talking to them: all attitude and no willingness to engage with citizens.

Wait until you go to court. If it's still the same judge at night you will see what I mean. You will sit for hrs listening to people with warrants for 10 unpaid tickets getting off for pennies on the dollar. Once she sees you live downtown the simpathy ends. I was parked in a legal spot in Newport I showed pictures of it and she had the nerve to tell me "next time put it in a lot"

I pretty much found out the hard way that going to court is a waste of time unless the ticket is for permit parking and the PEO missed your permit. They will readily dismiss those tickets if you show your vehicle is properly permitted. Everything else is pretty much enforced, and you then pay not just the ticket fine, but also court costs. So, the entire thing becomes an expensive waste of time.

Posted on: 6/28 5:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Haggis wrote:
We saw the lady in the golf cart writing tickets to cars that were not moved btwn 1-3 today on our block, but there was no sweeper or road work being done..

The "lady in the golf cart" is damn near crazy. She went down 1st St ticketing cars for all kinds of different reasons late last week. It has gotten crazy as of late. Even designated parking areas are being treated and held to some ridiculous standards and cars are getting tickets for random reasons. Of course, there is no talking to them: all attitude and no willingness to engage with citizens.

Wait until you go to court. If it's still the same judge at night you will see what I mean. You will sit for hrs listening to people with warrants for 10 unpaid tickets getting off for pennies on the dollar. Once she sees you live downtown the simpathy ends. I was parked in a legal spot in Newport I showed pictures of it and she had the nerve to tell me "next time put it in a lot"

Posted on: 6/27 22:45
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Haggis wrote:

Posted on: 6/27 22:05
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Haggis wrote:

I saw this in JSQ area once as well. Shameless.

Posted on: 6/27 8:57
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 6/26 23:53
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

new2jc wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Street Sweeping was NOT suspended for the holiday (according to the twitter feed) however I did come home to keep an eye out for the sweeper and it never came.

This will be going on for weeks - it would be nice if JC's Twitter could update and say where and when street sweeping and milling will really be happening. Better if they just ended street sweeping till all is done.

Agreed. They could easily put out a blast saying Zone 5 street sweeping suspended until further notice.

Posted on: 6/26 17:13
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Street Sweeping was NOT suspended for the holiday (according to the twitter feed) however I did come home to keep an eye out for the sweeper and it never came.

This will be going on for weeks - it would be nice if JC's Twitter could update and say where and when street sweeping and milling will really be happening. Better if they just ended street sweeping till all is done.

Posted on: 6/26 15:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 6/26 15:05
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't it Eid al-Fitr?
I thought street sweeping was suspended...

Posted on: 6/26 13:41
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Another total bungle. Normal rules are in effect: https://twitter.com/JCParking

At least Erie and Jersey were marked for no parking today through Weds to be milled. The best was the road crews using cones to block off entry to E<->W streets at Marin and Jersey leaving it nearly impossible to access the only valid parking spots.

Posted on: 6/26 10:31
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Many downtown streets were milled last week for the repaving process. There are no signs up indicating that they'll be closed for repaving tomorrow (Monday). If common sense prevailed, this would mean no street cleaning because a street sweeper should not drive on a milled street. But then again they might just ticket cars for the fun of it.

Nothing on the JC Parking twitter feed mentions this.

Anyone have the inside scoop as to if alternate side of the street parking will be enforced between the milling and paving phases?

Posted on: 6/25 14:31
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Hopefully the sweeper drives slow to actually clean the street! They are always driving these fast & they are not effective at picking anything up from the street!

Posted on: 2015/3/18 17:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City parking rules back in effect Thursday
By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal
on March 17, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Alternate side of the street parking rules and enforcement will go back into effect on Thursday, a city spokeswoman said.

The rules, which are meant to clear each side of streets for street-sweeping, has been suspended for most of the winter because of the multiple snowstorms that hit the area.

But with most, if not all, of the piles of snow gone, the street sweepers are out on the roadways.
Some street sweepers were seen on the streets yesterday, but city officials say no tickets were being issued.

That will change Thursday, however, when the sweepers will take aim on the large amount of debris that has accumulated over the past three months.

JJ pieceā€¦

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... es_back.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/3/17 9:58
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I think that explains why the taller-than-a-person mountain of snow disappeared from the front of our house. (I was looking forward to see how long it would take to melt!

Posted on: 2015/3/13 11:25
Print Top

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
There's also a new twitter account you can follow @jcparking

Posted on: 2015/3/13 9:43
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
They are street sweeping. They will begin ticketing on Monday.

Posted on: 2015/3/13 8:48
Dos A Cero
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
JC Officialcpage on FB said yesterday that they are currently sweeping, but not enforcing alternate side yet. They said they will post and let people know when alternate side goes back in effect.

Posted on: 2015/3/13 6:04
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
They came through today but didn't ticket. JC gov site says it's still suspended but I imagine after the rain this weekend it'll be back Mon.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 23:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
i hope soon, the gutters and curbs are disgusting all over the place.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 23:05
Print Top

Street Sweeping ???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
JCPA street sweeping yet or do I have to move my car ?

Posted on: 2015/3/12 22:51
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017