Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Weekly Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
Week of 3/13 update

March 13, 2015

Jersey City: Ready for spring

Now that the weather has improved significantly and the sun is shining, many of us are heading outdoors to enjoy the warmer temperatures. While the melting snow brings us hope of new life and new routines, it also lays bare the damage that winter conditions have caused. Potholes are a safety hazard and a threat to quality of life so I am happy to share our administration?s aggressive plan for pothole repairs.

Pothole Repairs

On Tuesday I announced that the Department of Public Works (DPW) is launching an aggressive pothole repair plan that coordinates three agencies with crews working in all wards simultaneously. This will triple the amount of pothole repair teams while also utilizing technology to more quickly and efficiently eliminate potholes. This approach to potholes is aggressive and smart. This year, during the first phase of the two-phase repair process, all pothole repairs will be mapped and digitized so that DPW personnel will know exactly where crews need to be dispatched for the second phase. By utilizing two additional agencies to increase equipment and personnel the city is expanding its capabilities without adding additional costs to taxpayers. To report a pothole, residents should call the RRC at 201-547-4900 or visit the city website at www.jerseycitynj.gov and fill out the online request form.

Until next week.

Steven

Whatever happened to the aggressive pothole repairs? It's August now - we're closer to the beginning of the next winter than the end of the last...

Posted on: 2015/8/2 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

StevenFulop wrote:
Every week, we send out an update on some of the things we are working on as a team. I know that JCList has many people who read it, some of which have strong opinions, and many who are not on my e-mail list, so I thought it would be helpful to also share the update here on a weekly basis.
Hope all is well with all of you (including the frequent critics)
Steve

This is very helpful, thanks! I would love to hear more about the new developments taking place in the city.

Posted on: 2015/6/3 22:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
Week of 3/13 update

March 13, 2015

Jersey City: Ready for spring

Now that the weather has improved significantly and the sun is shining, many of us are heading outdoors to enjoy the warmer temperatures. While the melting snow brings us hope of new life and new routines, it also lays bare the damage that winter conditions have caused. Potholes are a safety hazard and a threat to quality of life so I am happy to share our administration?s aggressive plan for pothole repairs. In addition to the better weather, we have much to celebrate this week in Jersey City: Last night the Council passed our administration?s plan for the City Hall Annex at the HUB; our most recent police promotions include the first African-American Lieutenant in more than a decade, as well as the first Pakistani Muslim in the rank of Sergeant; and last, but not least, on Sunday we?ll celebrate St. Patrick?s Day with our traditional parade.

Pothole Repairs

On Tuesday I announced that the Department of Public Works (DPW) is launching an aggressive pothole repair plan that coordinates three agencies with crews working in all wards simultaneously. This will triple the amount of pothole repair teams while also utilizing technology to more quickly and efficiently eliminate potholes. This approach to potholes is aggressive and smart. This year, during the first phase of the two-phase repair process, all pothole repairs will be mapped and digitized so that DPW personnel will know exactly where crews need to be dispatched for the second phase. By utilizing two additional agencies to increase equipment and personnel the city is expanding its capabilities without adding additional costs to taxpayers. To report a pothole, residents should call the RRC at 201-547-4900 or visit the city website at www.jerseycitynj.gov and fill out the online request form.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ml#incart_related_stories

City Hall Annex

On Wednesday night the City Council passed an ordinance authorizing plans to build a new $20 million City Hall Annex at the HUB on Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive. Many thanks to the Council Members who voted in favor of the plan. This will be the most significant investment in the history of Ward F and fulfills our administration?s commitment to bring investment to Bergen-Lafayette. The City Hall Annex will help jumpstart the struggling shopping center and bring new life to the commercial district. More than 300 city employees will work there, shopping and dining at area establishments, spurring additional economic development including new housing and jobs. Over the life of the building, the project is expected to save taxpayers tens of millions of dollars as the city will no longer be obligated to pay expensive leases.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... 6m_to_build_city_hal.html

Police Promotions

This past Tuesday I announced, together with Public Safety Director James Shea and Police Chief Philip Zacche, the promotion of seven sergeants and seven lieutenants as the fulfillment of the newly established table of organization ? the department?s first in more than decade. Our administration continues to improve public safety and diversify the Police Department, in both rank and leadership, as these promotions include the first African-American Lieutenant in more than a decade as well as the Department?s first Pakistani Muslim Sergeant. Jersey City is the most diverse city in the nation and it is our goal to have a police department that reflects the community it serves, both in rank and file.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ck_man_to_lieutenant.html

St. Patrick?s Day Parade

The Saint Patrick?s Day Parade is one of the longest-running celebrations in our city and I am looking forward to walking with all of you on Sunday, March 15th, as we honor of our Irish-American community. The parade kicks off at 12:30 pm from Lincoln Park. Also, this past Thursday, along with members of the Municipal Council, the Division of Cultural Affairs and the Saint Patrick?s Day Parade Committee, we proudly raised the flag of Ireland at City Hall. This year, the Saint Patrick?s Day Parade Committee is dedicating the parade to Jersey City?s Finest and Bravest. They will also be starting a yearly scholarship fund in honor of Detective Melvin Santiago.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _patricks_day_parade.html

See you all on Sunday! As always, if you missed the latest video update you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/user/JC1TV

Until next week.

Steven

Posted on: 2015/3/13 7:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I hope this email finds you well and that you have all managed to stay safe as we dig ourselves out from under one more winter storm. Despite the dreadful weather, there?s news to share and a lot to look forward to once better weather finally arrives. This past week we announced that Jersey City was selected from nearly 100 applicants as the top 2015 grant recipient by the Tony Hawk Foundation for a grant to install a state-of-the-art, the best in NJ, skate park in Berry Lane Park. We also held a groundbreaking ceremony at the Gloria Robinson Court Homes to celebrate the final phase of this vibrant mixed-income apartment community ? this final phase will include 70 apartments and a 10-classroom Head Start early childhood education center.

Tony Hawk Foundation Grant
We couldn?t be more excited about this grant, which will allow us to build a state-of-the-art skatepark at Berry Lane. Our local skateboarders were instrumental in the design process and this will be one of the best skate parks in the country. The skatepark, which will be approximately 12,000 square feet, will incorporate a combination of street and transition features, including a large, below grade concrete bowl. It will be the first poured in place concrete skatepark in Hudson County, and one of a small number in New Jersey. Berry Lane Park will ultimately transform a 17-acre brownfield of former rail yards, junkyards and industrial facilities into a dynamic recreational facility in the heart of the city and when complete, will result in a nine percent increase in the amount of recreational open space in Jersey City.
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... foundation_awards_je.html

Gloria Robinson Court Homes
Together with the Jersey City Housing Authority, Pennrose Properties LLC and NJ Federal, state and local officials, we celebrated the final phase of the Gloria Robinson Court Homes. Projects like Gloria Robinson are an example of how we can transform outdated public housing sites into desirable mixed-income communities that provide access to housing and quality education in one place. Our vision is for more new development ? both affordable and market rate ? to incorporate this model of providing much-needed pre-k space for our growing student population.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... round_on_final_phase.html

Come spring we will see a lot of new growth in Jersey City for all of our residents to enjoy and be proud of. As always, if you missed the latest video update you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsB7F3Jf_BY
Until next week.
Steven

Posted on: 2015/3/6 14:59

Jersey City Weekly Update
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Every week, we send out an update on some of the things we are working on as a team. I know that JCList has many people who read it, some of which have strong opinions, and many who are not on my e-mail list, so I thought it would be helpful to also share the update here on a weekly basis.
Hope all is well with all of you (including the frequent critics)
Steve

Posted on: 2015/3/6 14:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017