Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: White House: N.J. would lose $168 million for schools under GOP aid plan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I'm all in favor of having some pork sent back our way, while keeping taxes the same. However, in REAL TERMS, it's a tiny bit of money divided across NJ schools. In fact, it's far less than half the support that JC alone gets in extra aid from Trenton alone in one year.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Jonathan D. Salant | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Legislation championed by U.S. House Republicans could cost New Jersey $168 million in federal funding for low-income students, according to a White House report issued today.

The Student Success Act, which passed the House Education and the Workforce Committee Feb. 11, would provide $2.07 billion under the Title I program for low-income students over six years, $168 million less than the $2.24 billion New Jersey could expect under President Obama's proposed budget and subsequent projections.

The figures were released as the Obama administration launched a pre-emptive attack on the House bill.

"What were seeing in the House takes us in the wrong direction," Cecilia Mu?oz, director of the White House Domestic Policy Council, said on a conference call with reporters. "We are hoping for a bipartisan conversation. Unfortunately, that has not emerged in the House."

It would be the successor legislation to President George W. Bush's No Child Left Behind Law, which directs federal support for elementary and secondary education.

"The Student Success Act helps provide American families the education system they deserve, not the one Washington wants," said Rep. John Kline (R-Minn.), the committee chairman. "America's parents, teachers, and students have waited long enough for a new law that helps every child in every school receive an excellent education. This important bill will move us closer toward that goal, and I look forward to continuing the debate in the weeks ahead."

More

Posted on: 2015/2/13 20:29

White House: N.J. would lose $168 million for schools under GOP aid plan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jonathan D. Salant | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Legislation championed by U.S. House Republicans could cost New Jersey $168 million in federal funding for low-income students, according to a White House report issued today.

The Student Success Act, which passed the House Education and the Workforce Committee Feb. 11, would provide $2.07 billion under the Title I program for low-income students over six years, $168 million less than the $2.24 billion New Jersey could expect under President Obama's proposed budget and subsequent projections.

The figures were released as the Obama administration launched a pre-emptive attack on the House bill.

"What were seeing in the House takes us in the wrong direction," Cecilia Mu?oz, director of the White House Domestic Policy Council, said on a conference call with reporters. "We are hoping for a bipartisan conversation. Unfortunately, that has not emerged in the House."

It would be the successor legislation to President George W. Bush's No Child Left Behind Law, which directs federal support for elementary and secondary education.

"The Student Success Act helps provide American families the education system they deserve, not the one Washington wants," said Rep. John Kline (R-Minn.), the committee chairman. "America's parents, teachers, and students have waited long enough for a new law that helps every child in every school receive an excellent education. This important bill will move us closer toward that goal, and I look forward to continuing the debate in the weeks ahead."

More

Posted on: 2015/2/13 20:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017