Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Healy's Handler gets $76,500 per year
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
My first reaction is that it's money well spent if I never see Healy's drunk and corpulant body naked again. On top of the aesthetic offense, it gives drunken Irishmen a bad name. If the "consultant" is paid from private funds (I'd give that about a 0.01% chance), I will happily toss in a month's worth of coffee money.

Yea, assuming that he's learned his lesson, $75K to fix that embarassment in front of NOL shipping would be a start in terms of better ways to spend our money to beautify JC.
Quote:

GeorgeWBush wrote:
Furry-

Did they mention who is picking up the freight for that handler? If it's out of Healy's pocket or from his party, fine. But if it's tax money, I find it a bit excessive.

That's some serious cake for someone to dress the guy. It's also money being spent to "spin" him, which seems like a party job rather than a government job.

Next time any of you homeowners cut a check for your property taxes, remember you did your part to make sure Healy's belt matched his shoes.

This is assuming it's being paid with city money. If it is, it's a perfect example of how utterly out of touch politicians are. He's not the President. He's not the Governor. He's a Mayor in a city that isn't exactly flush with cash. Think of what $76,000 would do to, oh, I don't know, fix the collapsing walkway at the waterfront that's been busted for 3 years now.

GWB

Posted on: 2005/12/21 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
From today's Jersey Journal by Earl Morgan:

Familiar faces get new City Hall jobs
Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Continuing a well-worn tradition, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy is filling municipal boards and commissions with familiar faces.

This is a perennial issue, periodically explored in this space because, whether it's in county or municipal government, a select few with the proper political connections are the ones who get the appointments.

The old clich? "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" apparently doesn't hold in Jersey City, where politicians don't dream affording influence to their rivals. Instead, our so-called autonomous agencies are populated with appointees who live and die by the political sword wielded by City Hall.

For instance, the mayor's press secretary, Maria Pignataro - who only recently moved to Jersey City from the Bronx - does double duty as a board member of both the Jersey City Employment and Training Program, as well as the Jersey City Economic Development Corp...

Read the entire article.

Posted on: 2005/12/13 21:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/29 3:40
From JSQ area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

designknob wrote:
Since he's a "handler", he should get a show dog leash to walk Healy around with as well.

i literally almost fell off my chair laughing...

Posted on: 2005/9/19 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/12 23:34
Group:
Banned
Since he's a "handler", he should get a show dog leash to walk Healy around with as well.

Posted on: 2005/9/19 18:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/29 21:11
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Salary seems fair to me.
I'm MUCH more concerned about the many do nothing jobs in Hudson County.

Posted on: 2005/9/19 17:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rngonmt wrote:
OK. Let's ask, and see if an answer is forthcoming:

Open question to Mayor Healy -

Where do the funds for Ms. Pignataro's salary come from?

And while I'm here: How much litter/garbage/etc. could be collected with a budget of 76K? Walked the streets lately, your honor?

From the city's website: Maria Pignataro, Press Secretary

government 101: obviously, her salary comes from the same buckets (taxes, state aid, fees, fines, etc, etc) that every other employee's comes from.

for a city jersey city's size, the mayor's having a press secretary seems to me a justifiable expense. part of that job (aside from dressing the mayor) is to promote the city, which in turn brings in investment, tourists, etc, etc.

as for garbage - what annual salary would you accept to pick up garbage? $25,000? $30,000, $10,000? let's say a living wage of $12,000 (plus benefits? i wouldn't do it without benefits). so the city could hire maybe 4-5 new employees. would that really make a dent? maybe that money would be better spent hiring cops who would actually issue tickets to litterers?

Posted on: 2005/9/18 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
didnt we see this man already - naked on his porch? i could care less if he had his hair combed and his tie knotted. as a matter of fact - i would like him much better if he cleaned up the city more than he cleaned up himself. that would make him a topic for a Movie of the Week. Ths Mayor who Cleaned up JC.

Better yet - get him on Queer Eye and fire Liz Taylor's beautician. Besides I think Liz needs him back.

Posted on: 2005/9/18 17:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/25 19:31
From Journal Square
Group:
Registered Users
OK. Let's ask, and see if an answer is forthcoming:

Open question to Mayor Healy -

Where do the funds for Ms. Pignataro's salary come from?

And while I'm here: How much litter/garbage/etc. could be collected with a budget of 76K? Walked the streets lately, your honor?

Posted on: 2005/9/18 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Furry-

Did they mention who is picking up the freight for that handler? If it's out of Healy's pocket or from his party, fine. But if it's tax money, I find it a bit excessive.

That's some serious cake for someone to dress the guy. It's also money being spent to "spin" him, which seems like a party job rather than a government job.

Next time any of you homeowners cut a check for your property taxes, remember you did your part to make sure Healy's belt matched his shoes.

This is assuming it's being paid with city money. If it is, it's a perfect example of how utterly out of touch politicians are. He's not the President. He's not the Governor. He's a Mayor in a city that isn't exactly flush with cash. Think of what $76,000 would do to, oh, I don't know, fix the collapsing walkway at the waterfront that's been busted for 3 years now.

GWB

Posted on: 2005/9/18 16:42

Healy's Handler gets $76,500 per year
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Page 4 of the NY Times NJ Section 9.18.2005.

Maria Pignataro, former PR person of Elizabeth Taylor is the spokeswoman of Jerramiah Healy. For $76,500 a year, it is reasonable for us to assume that Ms. Pignataro is being paid to ensure that the Mayor does not embarrass the people of Jersey City. Thanks to Ms. Pignataro, we now have a mayor that is presentable in public, wears a tie that matches his suite, and is reminded to trim his nose hairs. Here is an excerpt:

"I treat the mayor like I treated Elizabeth Taylor," Ms Pignataro said. "I'm not sure he realizes it, but I dote on him, always talking to him about his hair and clothes and making sure he's aware of his surroundings."

Here is a tip to Mr. Healy. We don't judge you by your physical appearance, or what you say or write to us in your letters, but by your actions. If you continue to pay lip service to supporting the embankment and similar projects, while letting them wither on the vine, you will lose our support.

Posted on: 2005/9/18 15:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017