Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Political Insider: JC councilwoman gets Democratic backing for 31st District Assembly, say sources
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Political Insider: Is Healy to blame for this 31st Legislative District mess?

By Agustin C. Torres | The Jersey Journal The Star-Ledger 
March 21, 2015 at  9:47 AM

The 31st Legislative District has either become the Bermuda Triangle for Democratic Party Assembly candidates or we're dealing with amateurs. You can call this a recap for future reference.

The 31st District Assembly slate was wiped clean by the Hudson County Democratic Organization. The two incumbents, Bayonne's Jason O'Donnell and retired Jersey City cop Charles Mainor, are no longer in the "official" picture. Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop decided he'll run Councilwoman Joyce Watterman but state Sen. Sandra Cunningham (and her Iago, Joe Cardwell) put up a big stink, pressuring the administration to letting them have some say. Cunningham was already annoyed at the possibility of losing her ride to Trenton, Mainor, and another driver was essential. Meanwhile, Watterman was graciously quiet about the whole thing.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... _blame_for_this_31st.html

Posted on: 2015/3/22 4:46

Re: Political Insider: JC councilwoman gets Democratic backing for 31st District Assembly, say sources
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
"Whose on first ?" "I mean the 31st ?"

Posted on: 2015/3/19 12:14

Re: HCDO in turmoil over Joyce Watterman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Political Insider: The 'consensus' HCDO candidate for the JC 31st District Assembly seat is removed

By Agustin C. Torres | The Jersey Journal 
March 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM

There are so many ways to approach this that I think we'll go classical, a sort of Abbott and Costello skit in honor of baseball's spring training.

Who's the Jersey City candidate for the Democratic Party's 31st District Assembly seat.

I don't know, you tell me.

Well, it ain't "Who."

And my county sources say it ain't the previously announced Denise Ridley, who took a bow on March 5 with all the other HCDeadO primary candidates in the Brennan Court House rotunda. The administration of Mayor Steve Fulop has decided against the "consensus" candidate - "consensus" being the other name for state 31st District Sen. Sandra Cunningham.

It seems they will also not be running Fulop's original pick, Councilwoman  JoyceWatterman," because as one political observer noted, "the woman has some pride."

Why the turn around? It seems it has something to do with the fact that incumbent Assemblyman Charles Mainor has not stopped picking up signatures for his nominating petitions and seems bent on having "to do what I gotta do," which is apparently run off the party line. There's that foreboding that while Cunningham chose Ridley, who is to say that she and her circle may not work for Ridley and instead back Mainor. The feeling in the Fulop administration seems to be that the senator could not control Mainor, which is hard to believe.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... .html#incart_river_mobile

Posted on: 2015/3/19 4:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
hmm. I always found her to be quite responsive and personable.

Posted on: 2015/2/27 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Richardson is just awful in her current capacity from a constituent standpoint.I could not get her to do jack for 1.5 years about considering bike lanes in Lincoln Park. She would promise a deliverable, then go MIA on it for many many months. Then when called out, if she bothered to reply, was full of excuses as to why nothing had moved on it over the prior several months. Not good.

Posted on: 2015/2/26 21:23

HCDO in turmoil over Joyce Watterman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/26 21:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
It may be a horrible survey, but the words is some unlikely folks are leading.

Posted on: 2015/2/17 1:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Ron Rice is a moron.

The survey isn't much better. I answered I wasn't from the 31st district or in a ward that is part of the 31st district & it still wants to know who I am voting for.

Brilliant survey.

Posted on: 2015/2/15 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Ron Rice is a moron.

Posted on: 2015/2/15 18:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/15 16:35
From JC Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting survey floating around Facebook:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3LMQT6P

Posted on: 2015/2/15 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

‘Plantation mentality': Rice goes off on Fulop for LD31 meddling

POLITICKERNJ - By   |

TRENTON — Seeing the future of one of his own members in jeopardy, the chairman of the state’s legislative black caucus today lashed out at the political maneuverings of an upwardly-mobile Steve Fulop in North Jersey’s 31st legislative district, where Assemblyman Charles Mainor (D-31), apparently facing a challenge by Jersey City Councilwoman-at-large Joyce Watterman, will fight for his seat in November’s general election.

“I’m with [Mainor]. I support all the members of the legislative black caucus and others down here doing their jobs,” said state Senator Ron Rice (D-28).

As PolitickerNJ first reported, the situation in L31 is primed to explode into an all-out Assembly battle after Fulop, just a year into his tenure as mayor of Jersey City, ditched Mainor for Watterman as the candidate of his choice in this year’s election. Unspoken etiquette in LD31 dictates that the mayors of the district’s two biggest cities — Bayonne and Jersey City — are given control of filling one Assembly slot each, and Fulop this year has apparently chosen to go with Watterman, a close political ally.

But Mainor upon hearing the news has refused to step down, opting instead to mount an off-the-line challenge against Watterman and Fulop’s. Last week, Mainor announced that he’ll host a fundraising breakfast at Mastori’s Diner in Bordentown — a move that could only be construed as the beginnings of a re-election campaign

Posted on: 2015/2/6 7:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City councilwoman confirms she's running for Assembly seat

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
January 26, 2015 at 1:34 PM

JERSEY CITY ? City Councilwoman-at-large Joyce Watterman confirmed this morning that she is indeed throwing her hat in the ring for one of the state Assembly seats representing the 31st Legislative District.

Watterman, 56, said she made her final decision this morning and plans to have conversations soon with Mayor Steve Fulop and state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham, D-Jersey City, about moving from the council dais to the Assembly chamber. Cunningham also represents the 31st District.

"I came into this office to help people and I'll do what I can to help them," said Watterman, a Democrat. "That's the whole objective."

Read more:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rms_shes_running_for.html

Posted on: 2015/1/26 20:12

Political Insider: JC councilwoman gets Democratic backing for 31st District Assembly, say sources
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Political Insider: JC councilwoman gets Democratic backing for 31st District Assembly seat, say sources

By Agustin C. Torres | The Jersey Journal
January 24, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Several extremely high-up Democratic sources say Mainor's replacement is someone who is already an elected official, Councilwoman at Large Joyce Watterman.

Why Watterman?

Apparently, it is her likeability in the community and because she's a proven, hardworking candidate. Even some who say they are candidates for ?the Jersey City seat? count themselves as friends of the councilwoman. Dem leaders also believe Watterman will not be found on blooper YouTube videos of legislative committee sessions, make Facebook comments that make you cringe or admit to enjoying such blogs as ?Big Bootie Freaks,? as Mainor did.

Read more:
http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ouncilwoman_expected.html

Posted on: 2015/1/24 18:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017