Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: America's first openly gay governor finds a new calling
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
well, it worked! "I'm not a crook, I'm a victim"! you may see others using that strategy going forward.

Hey, donnajc65, just so we are clear: do you equal being gay with being a victim? Because, that's what you wrote.

I am just trying to determine if you are bigoted, or just stupid.

This all reminds me of the black kid from our local Prep school claiming racial taunts - With role models like some of our politicians, it makes sense why he might of used that tact at election time!

Posted on: 2015/1/28 13:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
well, it worked! "I'm not a crook, I'm a victim"! you may see others using that strategy going forward.

Hey, donnajc65, just so we are clear: do you equal being gay with being a victim? Because, that's what you wrote.

I am just trying to determine if you are bigoted, or just stupid.

Posted on: 2015/1/28 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/27 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Among the funnier things I've heard, from a guy who knows things and intensely dislikes McGreevey: "Got to hand it to him: when given the choice between choosing either 'I'm a crook' or 'I'm gay', he's the only politician I can remember to choose the latter."

Posted on: 2015/1/27 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
from Golan's website:

McGreevey has spun a tale about his struggle to come out of the closet as a gay man, and his realization that he could no longer run from himself. However, the reality is that this was never an issue of sexual orientation or a secret romance. The fact is that I was the victim of several sexual assaults and ongoing sexual harassment by Jim McGreevey. For now I will only describe the three main incidents of sexual assault, although in the near future I intend to post my entire story here ? from the time we met, through all of the assaults, threats and lies, up to my ultimate decision to stand up and confront the Governor.

McGreevey's book is not a real confession at all, but rather a carefully planned pack of lies intended to rehabilitate his name and restore him to public life. I strongly hope that the American people and especially the gay community ? which I respect ? rejects this obvious, shameless ploy from a man who has engaged in acts of deception, sexual violence, and intimidation. McGreevey has a long history of lying in both his personal and political life, and I cannot imagine why, at this point, he is seen to have earned any credibility whatsoever.

Posted on: 2015/1/27 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This is one of the reasons I'm all for mental and psychological tests for all politicians; we have too many sociopaths and megalomaniacs.

We have psychological testing for many government employment roles; all emergency services, the military and even corporate america is doing the same.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 23:24
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Cody didn't run for the office because he had so many skeletons in his closet he knew he would never be elected to the office. Cody was clueless also.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You said McGreevey was our best Governor in decades, and I wanted you to know what a scumbag dirty creep he was in office. Putting someone unqualified in charge of NJ security post 9/11 because he's your gay lover was abhorrent. And there were many other scandals in his short term.

Are you talking to Yvonne? It seems like you are short on understanding what the term "better" means... Saying a hill of crap is better than a mountain of crap doesn't mean that the hill is not made of crap.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 21:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
You said McGreevey was our best Governor in decades, and I wanted you to know what a scumbag dirty creep he was in office. Putting someone unqualified in charge of NJ security post 9/11 because he's your gay lover was abhorrent. And there were many other scandals in his short term.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you write, "..which makes it even sadder that he's been the best governor we've had in decades," the writer, not reader needs to be more clear.

I am reading this post and I am dumbfounded that you do not find that statement clear.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, as I recall you've criticized Governor Christie for having the separate election for Senator to lessen turnout for his own election.

But Governor McGreevey did this when he resigned

McGreevey's decision to delay the effective date of his resignation until after September 3, 2004, avoided a special election in November to replace the governor.[54] Doing so allowed the Democratic Party to retain control of the governor's office for at least another year. It avoided the prospect of a Republican incumbent governor's running in tandem with George W. Bush, which could have helped Bush capture New Jersey's electoral votes.[1][55] (Bush did not win New Jersey's electoral votes in the 2004 presidential election, but captured 46% of the statewide vote, compared to 40% in the 2000 race, and did win re-election.)

I?m not sure what you?re point is. Where did I say McGreevey was a ?good governor??

Seriously, look at the list of our last governors and the bar for exceeding them is pathetically low. Christie, for as awful a governor as he?s been, succeeded in being better than Corzine. However, that?s like saying having mice in the house is better than having cockroaches. They are both disgusting and awful.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 19:18
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, as I recall you've criticized Governor Christie for having the separate election for Senator to lessen turnout for his own election.

But Governor McGreevey did this when he resigned

McGreevey's decision to delay the effective date of his resignation until after September 3, 2004, avoided a special election in November to replace the governor.[54] Doing so allowed the Democratic Party to retain control of the governor's office for at least another year. It avoided the prospect of a Republican incumbent governor's running in tandem with George W. Bush, which could have helped Bush capture New Jersey's electoral votes.[1][55] (Bush did not win New Jersey's electoral votes in the 2004 presidential election, but captured 46% of the statewide vote, compared to 40% in the 2000 race, and did win re-election.)

Posted on: 2015/1/26 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
If you write, "..which makes it even sadder that he's been the best governor we've had in decades," the writer, not reader needs to be more clear.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

kencares wrote:
He was and always will be a lying scumbag.

Fact... which makes it even sadder that he's been the best governor we've had in decades.

The former governor personal life is his business, but to call McGreevey the best governor ever, what a joke. With the contracts he gave out to political friends, I remember the cartoon the Record drew, political friends driving through McGreedy's for takeout; but instead of fast foods the orders were sweetheart contracts. Is he doing something positive now with his life? Yes, it is probably because he wants to leave a better legacy.

Yvonne, you either have the worst reading comprehension on the planet or you need to get better glasses.

McGreevey is not the "best governor ever." You are the only person that wrote this absurdity. He sucked as governor, but when you compare him to the dreck we've dealt with since, Corzine, Christie, Whitman, Florio... he's the best of a bad lot.

In fairness, Cody was the only one that seemed to actually do the job right. However, he was only acting governor and was never elected to the position. It was a shame that the Democrats decided to hand the reigns to Corzine and let him crap all over us.

I am hopeful that you'll do a better job understanding this post than you did the last one.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 17:17
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

kencares wrote:

Fact... which makes it even sadder that he's been the best governor we've had in decades.

The former governor personal life is his business, but to call McGreevey the best governor ever, what a joke. With the contracts he gave out to political friends, I remember the cartoon the Record drew, political friends driving through McGreedy's for takeout; but instead of fast foods the orders were sweetheart contracts. Is he doing something positive now with his life? Yes, it is probably because he wants to leave a better legacy.

Posted on: 2015/1/26 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kencares wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/26 13:31
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just ask Golan!

http://cipelgolan.com

Posted on: 2015/1/26 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/1/24 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Title is wrong. He was not "America's first openly gay governor".

He lied to everyone and only came out to deflect attention from his corrupt behavior.

Posted on: 2015/1/24 3:18

America's first openly gay governor finds a new calling
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
America's first openly gay governor finds a new calling

Former New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey, who resigned amid political scandal, now counsels ex-offenders and addicts

Al Jazeera America
January 23, 2015 7:20PM ET
by Adam May -?

JERSEY CITY, N.J. ? In 2004, with his wife by his side, Jim McGreevey announced at the New Jersey statehouse, "My truth is that I am a gay American."

Facing allegations that he gave his male lover a lucrative state job, America's first openly gay governor ended his political career and abandoned his dreams of one day running for president. But he said that moment of coming out, a moment that catapulted him to national notoriety, was profoundly peaceful.

"It was just the most serene, wonderful feeling because, for the first time in my life, this is who I am," he remembered. ?It was as true and as honest and the most authentic place as I?ve ever been in my life.?

Ten years later, the state's former top official, with degrees from Columbia, Georgetown, Harvard and the London School of Economics, spends much of his time in the working-class neighborhood of Jersey City where he grew up, and in a local jail, helping ex-offenders transition from prison to the world outside.

Read more:
http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/sh ... -finds-a-new-calling.html

Posted on: 2015/1/24 2:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017