Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Christie bars NJ media cuz he's got POTUS ambitions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Pebs, honey, the reason you don't see the bias-is because you agree with them. You can attribute the success of cable TV news to people wanting to hear something beyond partisan news on the broadcast channels. And the response on cable by the likes of MSNBC has failed, although some of the shows are highly amusing!

Posted on: 2015/2/13 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
What do the left have? CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, the former 'paper of record' the NY Times. No better example is NBC, whose disgraced lead talking head was also the news editor-the person determining which stories were aired, and for how long, and how often. And you do know that the stolen valor liar Brian Williams began as a President Carter intern, and hasn't moved much to the center since.

Like I said... pathetic. Not a single one of them caters to the left in the remotest sense. If you think the NY Times wasn't implicit in pushing the Iraq war, I have no idea what you are thinking. If you don't recognize how Time Russert was turned into a clown by Cheney, you seriously are lean so far to the right that your chair is on the floor. (Psst: GE, which owns NBC, gives more money to the GOP than they do to Dems)

Maybe, just maybe, you'll stop playing the victim. I doubt it since it really is the hardest thing to be a white male in America. But, there is always hope...

Posted on: 2015/2/13 22:07
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What do the left have? CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, the former 'paper of record' the NY Times. No better example is NBC, whose disgraced lead talking head was also the news editor-the person determining which stories were aired, and for how long, and how often. And you do know that the stolen valor liar Brian Williams began as a President Carter intern, and hasn't moved much to the center since.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
@user, 'ever since the real reason'?

Er, Whizzy and Whiney haven't found a thing, no word from the Feds, and the NJ state investigation hasn't found anything other than two staffers going rogue-both of whom were fired.

Or is there some other information you have that the Feds, the state of NJ, and the NJ Legislature don't have?

How about 'time for some traffic problems' by the port of NJ by Fulop? Where's the fauxrage, lol?

This thread is about Christie and his political ambitions. If you'd like to discuss Fulop, you can create a new thread about him. The same goes for Booker and his Newark dealings.

The reality is that nobody is "afraid" of Christie on The Left. It's the Jeb Bush, Bobby Jindal, et al that are gunning him right now.

The D's don't have a war chest to compete with the GOP. Why would they spend money now to take down a guy that is presently shooting himself in the foot? It makes no sense.

Lastly, I do find it really pathetic that you trot out old-hat memes like "leftist mass media." Playing the victim card requires you to be, you know, an actual victim. At present, CNBC, FOX News, FOX Business News, One America Network, Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, NY Post, and others that are smaller in scale but mostly dedicated to web traffic like Drudge and Twitchy (or whatever Malkin named her site) are hard core conservative news networks. What do the left have? MSNBC? Seriously? One freaking network and even that network has an absurd right winger hosting the morning show. If you want to claim CNN or NY Times are liberal, you clearly have forgotten the run up to the Iraq war. Heck, even NBC couldn't hide their intent when Tim Russert played the role of Cheney's marionette.

I've written it here hundreds of times, but whenever someone argues "liberal bias in the media" it immediate discloses how pathetically ignorant and bias they are.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 21:48
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@user, 'ever since the real reason'?

Er, Whizzy and Whiney haven't found a thing, no word from the Feds, and the NJ state investigation hasn't found anything other than two staffers going rogue-both of whom were fired.

Or is there some other information you have that the Feds, the state of NJ, and the NJ Legislature don't have?

How about 'time for some traffic problems' by the port of NJ by Fulop? Where's the fauxrage, lol?

Posted on: 2015/2/13 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
At the end of the day Chris Christie will have to support the Republican Party's platform https://www.gop.com/platform/ which is why I for one will never, ever support him, even if he is a squeakier clean than his Democratic opponents. Their platform speaks louder than all Christie's soundbites combined - continue to demonize gay people, continue to give lip service to how our air and water got cleaner (hint: it was not by partnering with coal producers...) and the sanctity of personal freedom (hint: it doesn't apply to your body if you are a woman, your bedroom, your child's classroom if they are not Christian, etc.).

I will support Booker, Menendez, and other Democrats without hesitation, because I know in spite of their baggage they have my back.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
All-time low: Christie now viewed unfavorably by majority of N.J. voters

SCHAUMBURG, Ill. ? Gov. Chris Christie's job approval and overall favorability has dropped to an all-time low among New Jersey voters as the governor works to woo voters who live outside of the Garden State, according to a new poll.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... html#incart_most-comments

Posted on: 2015/2/13 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@user, it's amusing how the leftish mass media is so scared of Christie that they continue to invent stuff, the last IBD story being just one. NJ.com even had a slow news day, so they wrote a story whining about Christie talking about his Sicilian mother!

When was the last time that NJ.com gave us an update on Booker's Newark Watershed Commission? You know, the one he led that had his supporter retire TWICE and get hundreds of thousands of dollars of buyouts? Or that he diverted all the law business to his old partners, who continued to pay him even after he was Mayor of Newark?

Or Menendez and his time and 'fun travel and plane rides' to the Dominican Republic with the guy who's accused of defrauding Medicare/Medicaid of millions, and has been a huge campaign contributor to him?

Give me a freaking break.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Anti-Semite? Are you joking? I'm considered an honorary member of the tribe by my Jewish friends. Idiot loony left 1% self haters I feel ok to ridicule.

Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Maybe Borowitz will get Jon Leibowitz's gig and change his name too? And for those talking about property tax rebates-you should be happy, the cuts (which began under Corzine) are hitting higher income homeowners mostly. It's taxing the rich! Of course, Democrats like Corzine raised the state income tax AND want to raise the gas tax, which will be totally regressive to lower income NJ residents. The suburban soccer mom filling up her Escalade will be able to afford to pay more at the pump, the blue collar guy or gal driving to work two jobs (because he/she can't get a full time job because of Obamacare hour limits), not so much.

We knew you were an unabashed white supremacist, but I didn't know you were an anti-semite on top of it. It's 2015, Damian. Nobody is going to fall for this shit.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ever since the real reasons behind "the traffic problems in Fort Lee" came to light a little over a year ago, Chris Christie has been a dead man walking. Yes, he's gone through the motions of someone who thinks he's got a serious shot at the White House?stumping around early caucus and primary states (this week, he went to Iowa for the thirteenth time) when he's not taking the requisite, resume-polishing trips abroad. In November The New York Times Magazine even put the New Jersey governor on its cover and declared Chris Christie Is Back.

But the voting public isn't so convinced. Before Bridgegate, Christie's approval rating in New Jersey was in the mid-70s; last month, more than a year after the scandal broke, only 46 percent of Jersey voters approved of Christie and 48 percent disapproved. Meanwhile, in Iowa, the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll recently found that Christie was the first choice of only 4 percent of likely 2016 GOP caucus-goers; even worse, 54 percent of those surveyed viewed Christie unfavorably.

And all of that was before last week. It began with the New Jersey governor, who was in London on one of those aforementioned resume-polishing trips, telling reporters that he believed parents back in the States should have "a measure of choice" about whether their children are vaccinated. The statement seemed designed to draw a contrast to President Obama (who'd just urged parents to vaccinate their kids) but ended up pissing off doctors, public-health officials, and even the Wall Street Journal editorial page, which slammed Christie for "offering a meandering meditation on parental rights." The next day brought a mammoth, front-page New York Times investigation into Christie's fondness for luxury hotels, private planes, and celebrity encounters, the bills for which are often picked up by rich friends or businesses, including some that have business with the Garden State. And the week ended with a bang when it was revealed that the federal prosecutors investigating Bridgegate have expanded their probe, subpoenaing the travel records of former Port Authority chairman and key Christie ally David Samson in the hopes, apparently, of uncovering some funny business between Samson and Newark Airport's largest carrier, United Airlines.

More

Posted on: 2015/2/13 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Maybe Borowitz will get Jon Leibowitz's gig and change his name too? And for those talking about property tax rebates-you should be happy, the cuts (which began under Corzine) are hitting higher income homeowners mostly. It's taxing the rich! Of course, Democrats like Corzine raised the state income tax AND want to raise the gas tax, which will be totally regressive to lower income NJ residents. The suburban soccer mom filling up her Escalade will be able to afford to pay more at the pump, the blue collar guy or gal driving to work two jobs (because he/she can't get a full time job because of Obamacare hour limits), not so much.

We knew you were an unabashed white supremacist, but I didn't know you were an anti-semite on top of it. It's 2015, Damian. Nobody is going to fall for this shit.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Queen Elizabeth Rips Chris Christie on Gay Marriage

LONDON (The Borowitz Report)?Moments after approving a new law legalizing gay marriage in England and Wales, Queen Elizabeth II of Britain unleashed a blistering attack on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for ?lacking the guts? to do the same.

The British monarch?s brutal evisceration of Gov. Christie stunned observers, who did not know that she was such a close follower of his gay-marriage stance.

?I don?t like to badmouth people,? she said. ?But I?m the head of a monarchy that began in the ninth century, and I?m apparently more modern than Chris Christie.?

After shocking observers with her opening salvo, she continued to tear Gov. Christie to shreds.

?Look, I know he has to appeal to the crazy right wingers in his party,? she added. ?But the fact is, he?s not as forward-thinking as an eighty-seven-year-old lady who wears a crown on her head. It?s pathetic.?

The New Yorker

Please tell me you know the Borowitz Report is a satire column.

HA! who doesn't. I thought it was pretty funny.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/13 11:51

Edited by Monroe on 2015/2/13 12:16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Er, not according to the Feds. IBTimes continues to write nonsense, d'ya think maybe they should not take the word of the guy trying to screw Christie? http://nypost.com/2015/02/09/investigating-chris-christie/

Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Another week, another criminal investigation of Chris Christie

Feb 5 - Chris Christie Administration Is Target Of New Federal Criminal Probe

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie ... al-criminal-probe-1806644

Posted on: 2015/2/13 11:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

LONDON (The Borowitz Report)?Moments after approving a new law legalizing gay marriage in England and Wales, Queen Elizabeth II of Britain unleashed a blistering attack on New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for ?lacking the guts? to do the same.

The British monarch?s brutal evisceration of Gov. Christie stunned observers, who did not know that she was such a close follower of his gay-marriage stance.

?I don?t like to badmouth people,? she said. ?But I?m the head of a monarchy that began in the ninth century, and I?m apparently more modern than Chris Christie.?

After shocking observers with her opening salvo, she continued to tear Gov. Christie to shreds.

?Look, I know he has to appeal to the crazy right wingers in his party,? she added. ?But the fact is, he?s not as forward-thinking as an eighty-seven-year-old lady who wears a crown on her head. It?s pathetic.?

The New Yorker

Please tell me you know the Borowitz Report is a satire column.

Posted on: 2015/2/13 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

The New Yorker

Posted on: 2015/2/12 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Another week, another criminal investigation of Chris Christie

Feb 5 - Chris Christie Administration Is Target Of New Federal Criminal Probe

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie ... al-criminal-probe-1806644

Posted on: 2015/2/5 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
has christie really even kept his promise on property tax increaes.

N.J. Property Taxes Rise to Record $8,161 Annually on Average
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/article ... 8-161-annually-on-average

Posted on: 2015/2/4 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/4 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
At first glance, the news seems encouraging: New Jersey's property taxes rose just 2.2 percent on average last year, way down from the 7 percent clip of a decade ago.

But that win is a mirage. Because at the same time, Gov. Chris Christie has cut billions of dollars from the rebate programs. What you get in lower rates, you lose in stingier rebates.

When you grind the numbers on this, it turns out the burden for the average person is growing even faster under Christie than it did under Gov. Jon Corzine.

Christie's fake win on property taxes

Posted on: 2015/2/4 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Hey man, didn't you know that measles and filthy hands are our god given right? Shame on you. /s

All kidding aside, I wouldn't wish disease on anyone but these fringe loons are really pushing it.

Posted on: 2015/2/4 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i thought christie was dumb, but north carolina elected a senator who believes that bsuinesses should be able to decide whether employees wash their hands.

US senator questions forcing food workers to wash hands.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31127704

What I find rather intriguing is that Christie seemed to try to play to the Libertarians a little on the anti-vaccination stuff. However, it seems to be more along the lines of the liberal fringe that is anti-vax than conservatives.

Thom Tillis is just a flat out moron. There is no justifying his position.

Posted on: 2015/2/4 14:42
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i thought christie was dumb, but north carolina elected a senator who believes that bsuinesses should be able to decide whether employees wash their hands.

US senator questions forcing food workers to wash hands.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-31127704

Posted on: 2015/2/4 13:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
christie not taking any questions in london. i guessed his advisers told him to keep his mouth shut!

Posted on: 2015/2/4 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

The Jordan trip-totally legal under the Governor Code of Conduct, instituted under Democrat Gov McGreevey.

WRONG again. Christie himself issued an executive order in 2010 allowing the governor (himself) to accept gifts of any value from foreign agents. It's in the Times article! Read more carefully next time, son.

Posted on: 2015/2/4 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
More faux scandals, ginning up only the partisan hacks who wouldn't vote for him anyway (yes, Hudson and Essex counties were the only two in Blue NJ that didn't vote for him).

The Jordan trip-totally legal under the Governor Code of Conduct, instituted under Democrat Gov McGreevey. The alleged pay for play in Massachusetts-not true. The money paid to company his wife works for-yes, NJ divested in the firm but still had $6 million in illiquid assets that were being managed, hence the fees.

The traffic jam? Not a single thing to connect him to it.

I've never seen so many whiffs in my life, it's amazing you all haven't corkscrewed yourselves into the ground. And now you have a POTUS offering up huge tax increases, when our Gov has dropped annual property taxes from annual 7% to a smidge over 2%.

The NY Times made it quite clear that his trip to Jordan was legal. His trip to England is legal. His trip to Green Bay and Dallas were legal... However, it was you who said that someone that shows up this little to work should be fired. You wanted that teacher burned at the stake, why a different requirement for a governor?

Posted on: 2015/2/3 23:01
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
I'm not a citizen, so I can't vote, but even if I could, I would not vote for CC. But it's not just CC though. Every one of GOP potential candidate is delusional to think that they even have a chance. What a pathetic stupid party GOP is!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... -the-party-of-stupid.html

Unfortunately a lot of Americans buy into what Republican's have to say. Not so much here in urban NJ (you will get some who do, like Monroe, who are affluent and thus can afford to sit out the continuing quiet destruction of the American dream) but out in "Bubba-Land", Republican doctrine rules.

Compared to the others, and Jeb Bush aside, Christie might make the best candidate of the lot, in the sense that he's aware of a US and the world outside whatever hole in the ground Bubba's stick their heads into and consider to be their universe. But for those very reasons, he doesn't have a chance with the base.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
boehner knocks down reckless rand, christie comments on vaccines, says all children should be vaccinated

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/231 ... dren-should-be-vaccinated

Posted on: 2015/2/3 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
More faux scandals, ginning up only the partisan hacks who wouldn't vote for him anyway (yes, Hudson and Essex counties were the only two in Blue NJ that didn't vote for him).

The Jordan trip-totally legal under the Governor Code of Conduct, instituted under Democrat Gov McGreevey. The alleged pay for play in Massachusetts-not true. The money paid to company his wife works for-yes, NJ divested in the firm but still had $6 million in illiquid assets that were being managed, hence the fees.

The traffic jam? Not a single thing to connect him to it.

I've never seen so many whiffs in my life, it's amazing you all haven't corkscrewed yourselves into the ground. And now you have a POTUS offering up huge tax increases, when our Gov has dropped annual property taxes from annual 7% to a smidge over 2%.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder who paid for his tickets to the Arsenal game over the weekend...

Posted on: 2015/2/3 21:32
Dos A Cero

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017