Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Christie bars NJ media cuz he's got POTUS ambitions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, I know Lefty-like most Lefties you don't want Hilary to testify....

Why are you discussing Hillary Clinton in a thread about Christie barring NJ reporters from a mini-press conference?

Mostly because greenvile brought it up.

Quote:
Unless he was holding the talk in a closet, there's no valid reason why he should have kept NJ press out.

Obama has events closed to press all the time, and yet a lot of people here voted for him twice.

Quote:
I don't care if he's running for higher office, as long as he does his job reasonably well in the meantime, and cares about his current constituents. He doesn't seem to have done either of those two things, and this is yet another indication of the latter.

Frankly, I'm not sure why people here are so much against Christie running. If they were conservatives or libertarians, I wouldn't be surprised if they preferred Republican nominee to be Paul, or Cruz, or Walker. Christie is probably the closest-to-Democrat candidate of the bunch.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, I know Lefty-like most Lefties you don't want Hilary to testify....

Why are you discussing Hillary Clinton in a thread about Christie barring NJ reporters from a mini-press conference?

Unless he was holding the talk in a closet, there's no valid reason why he should have kept NJ press out.

I don't care if he's running for higher office, as long as he does his job reasonably well in the meantime, and cares about his current constituents. He doesn't seem to have done either of those two things, and this is yet another indication of the latter.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 12:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Er, no. Our sky high taxes prevent job creation, let alone holding onto jobs-see Mercedes Benz moving to Georgia. And the Democrats want to keep increasing taxes in NJ, go figure.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The Obama economy, NJ's Democrat led prevailing wage rule (which means an added 37% cost on public works) all fight against job creation.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
where are the jobs he's created? DC is not the people's republic of new jersey? i can't wait to see republicans skewer christie!
unless i'm wrong, unemployment has been falling, falling, falling...but not in nj? sounds like christie has the rotten touch and won't take credit for his weak performance!

Posted on: 2015/2/2 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The Obama economy, NJ's Democrat led prevailing wage rule (which means an added 37% cost on public works) all fight against job creation.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
where are the jobs he's created? DC is not the people's republic of new jersey? i can't wait to see republicans skewer christie!
unless i'm wrong, unemployment has been falling, falling, falling...but not in nj? sounds like christie has the rotten touch and won't take credit for his weak performance!

Posted on: 2015/2/2 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/1 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/1 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Before Christie, the average increase in real estate taxes in NJ had been running 7%/year. Under Christie that has been reduced tremendously.

Bi-partisan tenure reform.

Bi-partisan pension reform-more to come.

Common sense reforms to manage drug offenders.

That's just a start. And his sweeping re-election, as a Republican in a blue state, with widespread support among minorities and women, attests to that. Plus his performance in managing the Sandy storm.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Er, has Christie refused to testify? Has he been subpoenaed? I must've missed that part. He has given his personal and official phone records and texts-Hilary hasn't done that.

And no acknowledgement over another of the faux scandals, the state money invested in Boston that was supposed to be some sort of 'pay to play' violation-that was ruled to be not true this week.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
So let me get this straight, Hillary absolutely needs to testify about Benghazi. However, Christie doesn't need to testify about the GWB closures. That sounds absolutely fair and balanced.

Personally, I'm down with dragging both of them in front of panels and having them answer tough questions under oath.

I don't care that Benghazi has been done about 20 times already and found nothing (funny how it's a waste of taxpayer money to investigate and actual scandal in the gwb closures but not called a waste of taxpayer money to have several investigations into the same event), if the 'pubes think they need to blow the taxpayer money again, have at it. Bring Hillary before a group to testify.
exactly what has christie done to make him qualified to even be the GOP nominee for president?

Posted on: 2015/2/1 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Er, has Christie refused to testify? Has he been subpoenaed? I must've missed that part. He has given his personal and official phone records and texts-Hilary hasn't done that.

And no acknowledgement over another of the faux scandals, the state money invested in Boston that was supposed to be some sort of 'pay to play' violation-that was ruled to be not true this week.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
So let me get this straight, Hillary absolutely needs to testify about Benghazi. However, Christie doesn't need to testify about the GWB closures. That sounds absolutely fair and balanced.

Personally, I'm down with dragging both of them in front of panels and having them answer tough questions under oath.

I don't care that Benghazi has been done about 20 times already and found nothing (funny how it's a waste of taxpayer money to investigate and actual scandal in the gwb closures but not called a waste of taxpayer money to have several investigations into the same event), if the 'pubes think they need to blow the taxpayer money again, have at it. Bring Hillary before a group to testify.
exactly what has christie done to make him qualified to even be the GOP nominee for president?

Posted on: 2015/1/31 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/31 11:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Personally, I'm down with dragging both of them in front of panels and having them answer tough questions under oath

Yeah, like because closing traffic lanes is like tots the same as having people die on your watch.

By the way, here are the questions that are still not answered about Benghazi. If you feel like some of them do not need to be answered, or if you do have an answer, feel free to enlighten us.

Posted on: 2015/1/31 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/31 0:24
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Sorry, but as the minority party they couldn't force subpoenas on the committees. It's a new ball game, the USA voted in change last November. You lack an understanding of how these things work.

We know more of where Christie was during a traffic jam than what Mrs. Clinton did the night of the attack. That's going to change. And the Hilary supporters are scared shitless over it. (Remember, she had the so called 'concussion' when she was scheduled to appear last time.

And don't bring up the secret muslim stuff, that's silly. Both parties have wingnuts, I don't pay attention to the loonies on either side.

Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, I know Lefty-like most Lefties you don't want Hilary to testify. We'll see. Today, Christie's chance for a run got better when Romney bowed out. Time for some more Hilary SuperPAC/DNC Christie attacks!

Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
Let me guess Monroe, Benghazi. Monroe the one note wonder
I'm pretty sure most of us "lefties" don't really care if Hillary testifies or not, because everything that needs to be said about Benghazi has been said several times. How many investigations have Republicans done now? Three? And not a single one found any wrongdoing?

Keep beating that dead horse though, I'm sure it will really pay off, just like the "Obama is a secret African muslim" gambit.
lol. hillary is gonna roar in 2016. benghazi rhymes with tired...the republicans and the venal saudi leadership are running scared of hillary!

Posted on: 2015/1/30 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, but as the minority party they couldn't force subpoenas on the committees. It's a new ball game, the USA voted in change last November. You lack an understanding of how these things work.

We know more of where Christie was during a traffic jam than what Mrs. Clinton did the night of the attack. That's going to change. And the Hilary supporters are scared shitless over it. (Remember, she had the so called 'concussion' when she was scheduled to appear last time.

And don't bring up the secret muslim stuff, that's silly. Both parties have wingnuts, I don't pay attention to the loonies on either side.

Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, I know Lefty-like most Lefties you don't want Hilary to testify. We'll see. Today, Christie's chance for a run got better when Romney bowed out. Time for some more Hilary SuperPAC/DNC Christie attacks!

Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
I'm pretty sure most of us "lefties" don't really care if Hillary testifies or not, because everything that needs to be said about Benghazi has been said several times. How many investigations have Republicans done now? Three? And not a single one found any wrongdoing?

Keep beating that dead horse though, I'm sure it will really pay off, just like the "Obama is a secret African muslim" gambit.

Posted on: 2015/1/30 23:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Quote:

lefty55 wrote:

Keep beating that dead horse though, I'm sure it will really pay off for the GOP, just like the "Obama is a secret African muslim" gambit.

Posted on: 2015/1/30 23:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
lol

Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
I don't care for Hilary as a matter of fact, you and your Fox jokers need to get off the dead issue. Like Christie it has no legs.

Posted on: 2015/1/30 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I don't care for Hilary as a matter of fact, you and your Fox jokers need to get off the dead issue. Like Christie it has no legs.

Posted on: 2015/1/30 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

lefty55 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/30 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/30 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hilary will be under oath soon, now that Harry (I feel off my treadmill, I wasn't drinking) Reid can't block an open investigation anymore in the Senate.

Quote:

greenville wrote:
He won't win against Hilary, why even bother?

Posted on: 2015/1/30 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/30 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
He won't win against Hilary, why even bother?

Posted on: 2015/1/14 19:21
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
If he did run for President, he wouldn't even win New Jersey, so why bother talking to NJ press? He's done with this state, he's got senioritis.

I hope he does run he will flame out early in the primaries the Bush and Romney camps will make sure of that. It will be like watching Humpty Dumpty taking his great fall.

Over the past two years, he's spent over 40% of his time out of state. He's definitely planning some kind of move.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
If he did run for President, he wouldn't even win New Jersey, so why bother talking to NJ press? He's done with this state, he's got senioritis.

I hope he does run he will flame out early in the primaries the Bush and Romney camps will make sure of that. It will be like watching Humpty Dumpty taking his great fall.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
oh, how i miss those senioritis days

Posted on: 2015/1/14 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/14 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Why would he include NJ press? It's not as if he spends any time actually in the state working...

In the ?real world? performance of missing 42% of your work days would get you a pink slip?
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Look at how long it took to rid JC of some of these teachers-and the overriding issue was absenteeism that would result in a pink slip quickly in the real world, not for being a poor teacher. A teacher missing 10% of her school days over a 37 year career and keeping her position? Great job, NJEA!

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_has_fired_four_tea.html

Posted on: 2015/1/14 14:54
Dos A Cero

Christie bars NJ media cuz he's got POTUS ambitions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I guess christie can use his great success in driving growth in NJ as the basis for a run. LOL.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ude_new.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/1/14 14:42

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017