Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jewish Business Leaders meet with Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
VanVorster wrote:

... by a Republican right that has vilified and denigrated black people to exploit the white xenophobic vote (the Southern Strategy, talk about welfare, affirmative action, Willie Horton, blacks being supposedly lazy which is ludicrous when one realizes this country was built on slave labor).

Sorry pal, but you "southern strategy" meme is just as good as an infamous antisemitic fake "protocols of the Zion Elders". Democrats are trying very hard to rewrite history, but there is no escape. Democrats will forever be the party who fought for slavery in the Civil War, the party of Bull Connors, the party of Jim Crow laws, the party of an only KKK Senator in the US Senate.

Small reading list:
The Myth of ?the Southern Strategy?
The myth of a GOP ?Southern strategy?

By the way, what you call "affirmative action" (in the USSR they had the same system - I was denied entry to the Moscow University as a Jew) is not being done by denying places to the white students. All studies show that the people who would have gotten in on merit, but are denied are not whites, but Asians. Wonder what racist theory you are going to invent to justify that.

And, finally, no, this country wasn't "built on slave labor". If that were true, the South would have had a HUGE economic advantage over the North when the Republican party was created to end the slavery. And the South would have won the war, since the South definitely had better generals and better trained soldiers at least in the beginning. The reason the North won was that your tales are BS, and the free economy of the North was much more advanced than slavery-based economy of the South.

It's amazing how much propaganda myths you all are stuffed with.
And even more amazing how obviously false they are and yet you swallow them whole, hook, line, sinker.

Finally, here is nasty slavery-defending cartoon, produced by Democrats, that explains how much better it is to be a slave, than to be a free worker. Main Democratic talking points in the picture: slaves get free medical care, and pensions!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/1/16 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Well one thing that blacks, jews, gays have in common is that they are most likely to be the victims of a hate crime.

www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-hate- ... ainst-blacks-jews-gay-men

Veiled and blatant anti-semitism has a lot to do with the notions of Jewish control of banks/media, inordinate power and being taken advantage of financially.

Veiled and blatant anti-black racism has a lot to do with the founding of this country where the mere humanity of black people (3/5) is still obliquely questioned by saying "put Michael Brown like a dog" "Trayvon had it coming living that thug life" as posited here on JC List, and by a Republican right that has vilified and denigrated black people to exploit the white xenophobic vote (the Southern Strategy, talk about welfare, affirmative action, Willie Horton, blacks being supposedly lazy which is ludicrous when one realizes this country was built on slave labor).

And homophobia channeled by sanctimonious bible thumping people who really believe in Adam & Eve and not the diversity of human sexuality; and methinks by insecure men (the most virulently homophobic of which have their own latent desires) (eg. the closeted dad in American Beauty was a great example of this).

Posted on: 2015/1/15 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Consumed wrote:
Boris you can play any word games you want. the way the comment is structured is obama = kenyan born, arnold = austrian born, and fulop = jew = israel. So the trigger was set by the entire comment like i said your comment was rubbish and didn't deserve any more dialogue.

i dont question any of the three's loyalty because they have not shown me otherwise. what is there to question? Maybe you should re read what i wrote and then go sit in a corner and take it all in.

No, you don't get to invent logic into my statements. If we were discussing an attack on Arnold, if Arnold was the man in question, you could have said "hey, Obama is a poor example since Arnold was born in Austria, and Obama wasn't born in Kenia".

However, the topic was different someone questioned Fulop's loyalty because he was a Jew. I said that it's the same as to question loyalty of Obama because he's Kenyan, or Arnold's because he's Austrian. You could have complained that Arnold is too strong an example but that's all.

What happened was - as soon as you noticed that I wrote something about Obama and Kenia, you got triggered, called me "idiot" and attacked me. Now you are trying to "save face" and invent a logic into my text that would excuse your behavior.

Finally, no, you didn't question anyone's loyalty. However, when someone else did, you reacted very differently. You got triggered by a whiff of an slight toward Obama, you got triggered not on real , but quite imaginary attack on his loyalty -- yet you got nothing when you faced a quite real "would this Jew fight for us" against Fulop. And given that Fulop is a US Marine officer with a tour in Iraq behind him, there are tons of reason to get offended here.

So, I am free to make my conclusions based on that.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 13:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/5 12:37
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Boris you can play any word games you want. the way the comment is structured is obama = kenyan born, arnold = austrian born, and fulop = jew = israel. So the trigger was set by the entire comment like i said your comment was rubbish and didn't deserve any more dialogue.

i dont question any of the three's loyalty because they have not shown me otherwise. what is there to question? Maybe you should re read what i wrote and then go sit in a corner and take it all in.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKX16Eygs0

Obama on religion and politics - Segregate politics and religion Fulop, it will take your political career further !

Posted on: 2015/1/15 4:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Consumed wrote:

and Boris you truly are an idiot! first off it is Kenya! and Obama was born in the US so your comment is rubbish.

Fulop was not born in Israel either.

So thank you for the most perfect illustration of my point. You got triggered by a mere mention of Obama in the same sentence as Kenya, without anybody even making any accusation. At the same time you found no reason to get agitated when someone directly questioned Fulop's loyalty.

I think the explanation is antisemitism.

Posted on: 2015/1/15 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
How is this actually a topic of discussion?

If a bunch of Klan members wanted to meet with the mayor and he did so, I would tilt my head and wonder why, but it isn't as if he is interested in joining them.

This really is a non-starter. He's the mayor. It's his job to meet with local businesses, leaders, community groups, etc.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 14:57
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
There are a lot less Jews than Hispanics, African-Americans, and Asians in the US. And check out the stats on anti-Semitic attacks, assaults, and desecrations.

And minority isn't defined by race alone. Homosexuals are a minority, no?

Posted on: 2015/1/14 14:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/5 12:37
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
How are they an oppressed minority?

and Boris you truly are an idiot! first off it is Kenya! and Obama was born in the US so your comment is rubbish. And for the record the only thing all these clowns will fight for is gold.

I don't care what religion or race any group is, and who meets with who, as long as the playing field is kept even across the board (and before the finger pointers start playing games, no idea what they met about, no idea who else met with who and don't care that anyone met with anyone else for that matter) just saying special interest groups are just that special interest and feel they have the need for special or differential treatment than any other group no matter who they are.

while i can see some of the benefit of having these groups i think it should be more along the lines of "Jersey City Small Business Group" or whatever the minute you add anything else you make yourself come off as your are better than the rest of us.

We constantly complain about division but we create that division ourselves with all these groups, all the Political Pacs and every other crap idea our useless politicians and lobbyists can put together to further their own cause instead of furthering a community and a country, be it catholic, jewish, muslim, pastafarian, hindu, atheist, buddhist etc etc.

and for the record i agree with cutting aid to Israel. what do they need it for? they are an established nation with money in and out. large amounts of supporters and a military to defend itself, we should be giving aid to countries like nigeria, Ethiopia, places in south america and any other developing country instead of pumping money into a country for political purposes. And this goes to other countries as well, egypt, jordan, any and all support for saudi arabia (hypocritical to denounce jihadist while being an ally of a country that pays and manipulates other countries to do their bidding and dirty work for their own purposes. including human rights violations, religious hatred. oppression and violence of woman and minorities) so save your " you are an anti semite" nonsense. if the subject was fulop meets with XXXXXXXX business leaders i would feel the same way. When our mid level leaders go to other countries explain to me what is the reason? President? VP, cabinet members? yes they make sense to travel to other countries to show and gather support but even then to a limit.

Keep thinking its all about race and religion.......those barriers have been dissolved for the most part except for those too blind to see it, The reality is it is all about rich and poor. We have gone full circle of the days of kings and queens, Now its corporations and billionaires wearing the crowns and sitting on their thrones in huge towers pointing and telling their servants what to do

want proof? Boko Harem are killing more people than ISIS and Al Qaeda in more violent ways. so where are the coalition airstrikes? where are the demonstrations? where is the outrage? Shit they just killed 2k something people but because they do not offer anything the kings can rape it goes un noticed other than a blip on page 8 under the ad for the new iphone. We are at the boundaries of failing humanity as a whole

Posted on: 2015/1/14 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

The whole thing is just to mask a pretty standard antisemitism.

Now you're talking crap - There's no antisemitism as we are not singling out a particular religion ... I advocate that all forms of government be void of ANY religious groups ....

Nice try.

You dared to question Fulop's loyalty to this country based on nothing more than him being a Jew. And he is a US Marine, who served his country in war, and resigned a lucrative position in Goldman Sachs to do that.

And when you started talking about Jews, you just couldn't stay on one topic and you just kept going after all issues you have with us. Jews have too much influence! We give too much to Israel!

You're an antisemite, plain and simple.

You're an idiot borisp, I wouldn't give a hoot what religion you or Fulop are. It can become a conflict of interest if you / anyone shows favoritism towards one by attending religious based meetings on the welfare and business trading of a city or country.

Its no secret or some sort of conspiracy theory that the US government hands over billions to a 'first world' country as israel...

Oh, dear...

Let me explain something simple. There is nothing antisemitic in the idea that we should cut our aid to Israel. Some may say that in the current situation to weaken our best ally in that region may seem incredibly shortsighted, yes, but it's not antisemitic on its own.

However, if the news of a city mayor meeting with some Jewish business leaders triggers you to rave about our foreign policy toward Israel, it means your issue is not with the religious favoritism in general, but with the Jews.

You'd never get triggered like this by the news that Menendez met representatives of the Cuban community, or Menendez met leaders of the Jersey Catholics, or Booker talking to some representatives of the NAACP. You'd never go raving asking if Obama would fight for US or Kenia, or if Arnold would join forces with Austria.

Now Fulop meets some Jews and that immediately triggers you - "Would Fulop go and fight against Israel if need be?" You allow yourself to question a loyalty of a US Marine who fought in a war for his country - because he's a Jew and for no other reason.

You are despicable.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you think of Jews as an oppressed minority (which they are) then it makes perfect sense to me. For a city that prides itself on diversity you'd think religious diversity would count too-unless you're an anti-Semite. Note that nothing points to special treatment for Jewish business owners in the story, only co-operation that would likely lead to job creation.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 11:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Now you're talking crap - There's no antisemitism as we are not singling out a particular religion ... I advocate that all forms of government be void of ANY religious groups ....

Nice try.

You dared to question Fulop's loyalty to this country based on nothing more than him being a Jew. And he is a US Marine, who served his country in war, and resigned a lucrative position in Goldman Sachs to do that.

And when you started talking about Jews, you just couldn't stay on one topic and you just kept going after all issues you have with us. Jews have too much influence! We give too much to Israel!

You're an idiot borisp, I wouldn't give a hoot what religion you or Fulop are. It can become a conflict of interest if you / anyone shows favoritism towards one by attending religious based meetings on the welfare and business trading of a city or country.

Its no secret or some sort of conspiracy theory that the US government hands over billions to a 'first world' country as israel, yet turns their back or provides minimum support to third word countries in need.

Image if we stopped all support to israel ! We would most likely have no less then free education and health programs in this country for all.

Once again any religion and politics should never mix.

Personally I think Fulop is an idiot for having such exclusive meetings with religious groups - any religious group. He would be better viewed if he simply had a meeting with all Business Leaders in JC void of any religious affiliation.

PS. The U.S made a conscious decision to limit soldiers with Sunni or Shia backgrounds to Iraq ... I wonder why ?

Posted on: 2015/1/14 6:22
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Nice try.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 5:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Now you're talking crap - There's no antisemitism as we are not singling out a particular religion ... I advocate that all forms of government be void of ANY religious groups and Fulop, in this instance, be neutral and only attend OPEN meetings with Business Leaders.

If anything, Fulop could be perceived as showing favoritism or of being bias when he attends such religious specific groups considering the following;

When I met Fulop at his office at City Hall last month, he expounded a bit on his outsider status. ?When my family came here, they thought it was important that I have a Jewish education,? Fulop told me. ?So I went to Orthodox day school up until 8th grade.? Fulop confessed that it had ?kind of a strange experience? because his family wasn?t religious. He added: ?I remember kids would come over to my house and play and I would always have to pretend or hide the Oreo cookies.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 4:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCSJS wrote:
My response was not to imply that religion and race are the same thing. It was simply to point out that, if you are going to suggest that a politician should not "mix" religion with politics (as is FAT ASS BIKE's assertion), then how is doing so any different from a politician pursuing any other demographic? Race is just one example, but it could be any other: gender, socio-economic class, married vs single, sexual orientation.........

What you are talking about implies that the explanation that was offered to us relies on some logical thinking process. If that were true than yes, you'd be right to apply the same logical thinking process to other demographic categories, etc.

However you know just as well as I do that it's not the case.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Sorry listers religion and race are two different thing and last time I checked Judaism is not a race but a religion.

Which is exactly why I asked if the logic that was offered for one case applies to another. If I thought both cases were the same the question would have been meaningless.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 2:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/23 12:14
Group:
Registered Users
My response was not to imply that religion and race are the same thing. It was simply to point out that, if you are going to suggest that a politician should not "mix" religion with politics (as is FAT ASS BIKE's assertion), then how is doing so any different from a politician pursuing any other demographic? Race is just one example, but it could be any other: gender, socio-economic class, married vs single, sexual orientation.........

Posted on: 2015/1/14 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry listers religion and race are two different thing and last time I checked Judaism is not a race but a religion.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCSJS wrote:
It's simply not possible to state a broad-brushed comment like that and not compare it to similar assertions, which others have already pointed out. You shouldn't mix politics with race, then either. Good luck trying to find any politician, political party, or active citizen of any municipality in this country who isn't currently in possession of a clear opinion on the state of race relations in this country.

No doubt some religious groups have the ability to have a strangle hold on politicians ... it ain't right, but politicians should void themselves of being in such positions of appearing to support one religious group over another ... I'm sure the future of Fulop's political aspirations would be severely affected if he was to wear a turban or kufi head wear !

Posted on: 2015/1/14 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We give billions to Egypt. And least we get co-operation and very valuable intel from the only Democratic country in the region.

Posted on: 2015/1/14 0:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/23 12:14
Group:
Registered Users
It's simply not possible to state a broad-brushed comment like that and not compare it to similar assertions, which others have already pointed out. You shouldn't mix politics with race, then either. Good luck trying to find any politician, political party, or active citizen of any municipality in this country who isn't currently in possession of a clear opinion on the state of race relations in this country.

Posted on: 2015/1/13 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:
This is really a non-issue. I don't think people would be concerned about this if it were a group of Methodist Business Leaders meeting with Steve.

It might be a non-issue for some, however its been a heated debate for years and thus politics and religion should never mix ... The Jewish community is a very powerful lobby group and I believe the US gives more ($) per capita to Israel then it spends on US citizens back home ... they also pay and provide a huge amount of tax payers funds for the Israeli Military that has no benefit to US citizens.

Given that U.S. military aid to Israel was $2.775 billion in 2010, $3 billion in 2011, $3.07 billion in 2012 (and $3.15 billion per year from 2013-2018) while Israel?s defence budget is around $15 billion, it made us wonder how much Israeli taxpayers contribute and where the other $12 billion non-U.S. aid comes from. Military Support Only ....

But wait there is more ($) sent to Israel

U.S. AID TO ISRAEL; ABOUT US. FAQ; INTERNSHIPS; ADVERTISE; PRIVACY STATEMENT; MAGAZINE > 1994-1999 > 1999 September > The Cost of Israel to U.S. Taxpayers: U.S. Aid to Israel Now Exceeds $90 Billion; ... The Cost of Israel to U.S. Taxpayers. U.S. Aid to Israel Now Exceeds $90 Billion

http://www.wrmea.org/congress-u.s.-ai ... d-to-israel-articles.html

Posted on: 2015/1/13 23:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This is really a non-issue. I don't think people would be concerned about this if it were a group of Methodist Business Leaders meeting with Steve.

Posted on: 2015/1/13 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I really can't see the big deal here. Politicians meet with different ethnic and religious constituencies all the time. Mayor Fulop meeting with the Hudson County Jewish Business Alliance does not portend the rise of the theocracy, nor does it mean we can expect an economic boom.

Having said that, now that I run my practice from home maybe I'll join the Alliance myself.

Posted on: 2015/1/13 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Religion and politics represent two different worlds; two different kinds of power. History clearly demonstrates that when governments try to mix politics with religion, people's individual rights are trampled upon.

Fulop needs to carefully protect The Bill of Rights to make sure that no one faith or religious ideology is endorsed by our government.

Let's test your ideas a little. Let's replace "religion" with "race". Like, for example,

"History clearly demonstrates that when governments try to mix politics with race, people's individual rights are trampled upon."

So far so good. Yes, it's true. History did demonstrate that! Like American slavery was one example of how horrible it could be. Holocaust was another.

Now, according to your logic, since history does demonstrate that, we should conclude that it would be wrong, for example, for a President to ever meet with NAACP leaders.

Posted on: 2015/1/13 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Religion and politics represent two different worlds; two different kinds of power. History clearly demonstrates that when governments try to mix politics with religion, people's individual rights are trampled upon.

Fulop needs to carefully protect The Bill of Rights to make sure that no one faith or religious ideology is endorsed by our government.

At least until after the election. Hey got to capture that Asian vote don't ya know.

Posted on: 2015/1/12 21:35
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/12 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Let's cut to the chase - has this meeting increased the likelihood of a kosher deli opening in DTJC? No seeds, lots of mustard, please trim the fat, can we have more pickles.

trim the fat?
oy vey...

what, you don't want to leave a little room for dessert?

now, if I wanted desert that much, would I go to a deli?

Posted on: 2015/1/12 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Let's cut to the chase - has this meeting increased the likelihood of a kosher deli opening in DTJC? No seeds, lots of mustard, please trim the fat, can we have more pickles.

trim the fat?
oy vey...

what, you don't want to leave a little room for dessert?

Posted on: 2015/1/12 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:

trim the fat?
oy vey...

Posted on: 2015/1/12 18:39

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact