Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Ranked 2nd Worst City in US for Active Lifestyle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JGJDNYCJC wrote:
Quote:

MarkCore wrote:
Wait, wasn't Jersey City also the 2nd most up-and-coming fitness city? I guess it can only go up.

2nd Worst City for Active Lifestyle

2nd Best Up-and-Coming Fitness City

It's amazing these analyses carry any weight. JC's waterfront is a runner's paradise.

I so agree with you. Only last year JC was voted the most walking friendly city in the country. Also, the idea that NYC follows right after is BULLSHITE! Who the hell do these researchers think they are kidding? The people in JC know better than to believe this BS!

Posted on: 2014/12/10 23:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Snapshot of unused, neglected and decrepit swimming pool, west by northwest of corner, Grand and Communipaw. It looks like a good sized pool, at least 100 yards long and has a deep end for springboard diving activities. So much bigger and accommodating then the Johnson Ave joke. It is a shame that it lay in waste now.

Does anyone know the history of this pool? Might be high time to resurrect, maybe get some activities going on there like swimming lessons, a swimming and diving team too.
Resized ImageResized ImageResized Image

Posted on: 2014/12/10 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Yeah - people are always quick to point to Liberty State Park, but it's quite isolated and inconvenient for people who don't live near it.

I agree, I live near Porte Liberte water front and Liberty State Park but people on the Westside of Greenville are not near much at all.

Posted on: 2014/12/10 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah - people are always quick to point to Liberty State Park, but it's quite isolated and inconvenient for people who don't live near it. The biking situation, while improved the past couple of years, is still ridiculous and the bike culture barely exists. The parks tend to be passive. Most of the health clubs, because of the price of real estate, tend to be quite expensive.

And as for "those who exercise on their own accord... walk their dogs, ride their bikes or go running" - how is that different than anywhere else? And when you do those things elsewhere, the running trails, bike lanes and dog parks tend to be more attractive, better maintained, more accessible and greater in number.

I thought it was weird that the author pointed to "too many people" as a reason why Newark and Jersey City fared poorly in the survey when they are among the smaller cities in the 100 largest cities in the U.S.

Posted on: 2014/12/10 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
From reading the article, this doesn't sound like the most accurate study. They mapped out sports facilities, gyms/fitness centers, organized sports and the like. Nowhere did it mention anything about those who exercise on their own accord. Did they accounted for the thousands of people who walk to work, walk their dogs, ride their bikes or go running? Wasn't NJ just ranked 11 in the country for those with healthy/active lifestyles?

Posted on: 2014/12/10 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MarkCore wrote:
Wait, wasn't Jersey City also the 2nd most up-and-coming fitness city? I guess it can only go up.

It's amazing these analyses carry any weight. JC's waterfront is a runner's paradise.

Posted on: 2014/12/10 16:18

Jersey City Ranked 2nd Worst City in US for Active Lifestyle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/10 15:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017