Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NYC-based alcohol delivery startup expands to Hudson, Bergen counties
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thirstyquaker wrote:

I don't think the delivery aspect is as much about being "too busy" as it is having the convenience. Especially when it's raining or snowing out. We're also hoping to get beer-lovers and homebrewers that don't have cars - since we're the only homebrew shop in the county, and we get a lot of beer that other shops don't get, it's nice to get a delivery if you don't have a car to transport stuff.

It's also helpful if you want to get a less common brand/vintage of spirit and don't want to drive around looking for who has it in stock.

Posted on: 2014/11/28 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Hey everyone, we're the shop that's covering the Downtown area and the area around Newark ave up towards Journal Square for Minibar. Other shops will be covering Hoboken and other parts of JC. Minibar doesn't actually do any deliveries, they just act as a front-end for shops, the same way that delivery.com or seamless.com act as front-end for restaurants.

It's good for us, because we aren't able to get a good online shop up right now, and it's a quick and convenient way for people to order stuff without having to worry about a bunch of shops (our first ever delivery was today, and was from someone staying at a hotel, who would never have known about our shop otherwise).

I don't think the delivery aspect is as much about being "too busy" as it is having the convenience. Especially when it's raining or snowing out. We're also hoping to get beer-lovers and homebrewers that don't have cars - since we're the only homebrew shop in the county, and we get a lot of beer that other shops don't get, it's nice to get a delivery if you don't have a car to transport stuff.

You can also give us a call directly instead of using Minibar, of course. So yeah, that's the behind-the-scenes a bit. Don't knock it til you try it, I would never in my life have considered delivery beer and wine until I opened my shop and realized that everyone is coming from a different spot. If anyone has issues with their orders from Minibar, please let us know - we're a brand new shop and we're working hard to make stuff work and we love feedback.

Posted on: 2014/11/27 7:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
An hour?! I can walk to Palisades Wine & Liquor and back in 15 minutes. If you are " too busy" to go get your own hootch there is something seriously wrong with you...

Posted on: 2014/11/27 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Will they have a nice shiny van with advertising on it so crooks will know who to ambush and steal from ?

I won't be sticking my hand up for that job especially when you could get a call out in some of the more 'seedy' parts of JC !

Posted on: 2014/11/26 20:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 6:51
From Bergen Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, most liquor stores in JC and Hoboken delivery anyway so I don't see the added value. I suppose the convenience of an app might be nice.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Matthew Speiser | The Jersey Journal

Minibar, a New York City-based startup that allows users to order wine, spirits, and beer through their phone for delivery in less than an hour, has expanded to Hudson and Bergen counties.

Launched in February by New Yorkers Lindsey Andrews and Lara Crystal, Minibar expanded to New Jersey on Nov. 24 and will service Hoboken, Jersey City, Weehawken, Union City, West New York, North Bergen and Guttenberg, as well as Edgewater, Fort Lee, Cliffside Park, Palisades Park, Ridgefield, Fairview and Englewood Cliffs.

According to Andrews, Minibar expanded to New Jersey because they wanted to reach the "busy on-the-go professional who may not have time to run errands."

Thirsty Quaker in Jersey City and River Road Wine in Guttenberg are the first two liquor stores to sign up for the service.

When one downloads the free app, users prompted to enter their information -- name, address, credit card information. Minibar then matches you with a wine, spirits and beer vendor in your area, allowing you to access its inventory and place the order for free from your phone. There are no delivery fees, just the tip.

Andrews hopes Minibar can continue to expand beyond the Hudson River and into more suburban areas in New Jersey.

Minibar is currently available in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, the Hamptons, Ithaca, N.Y., Dallas, New York's Westchester County, and California's Silicon Valley.

I have been using Buy Rite for all my delivers and recently started ordering booze on delivery.com and so far very happy. I wish them luck!

Posted on: 2014/11/26 18:42

NYC-based alcohol delivery startup expands to Hudson, Bergen counties
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Matthew Speiser | The Jersey Journal

Minibar, a New York City-based startup that allows users to order wine, spirits, and beer through their phone for delivery in less than an hour, has expanded to Hudson and Bergen counties.

Launched in February by New Yorkers Lindsey Andrews and Lara Crystal, Minibar expanded to New Jersey on Nov. 24 and will service Hoboken, Jersey City, Weehawken, Union City, West New York, North Bergen and Guttenberg, as well as Edgewater, Fort Lee, Cliffside Park, Palisades Park, Ridgefield, Fairview and Englewood Cliffs.

According to Andrews, Minibar expanded to New Jersey because they wanted to reach the "busy on-the-go professional who may not have time to run errands."

Thirsty Quaker in Jersey City and River Road Wine in Guttenberg are the first two liquor stores to sign up for the service.

When one downloads the free app, users prompted to enter their information -- name, address, credit card information. Minibar then matches you with a wine, spirits and beer vendor in your area, allowing you to access its inventory and place the order for free from your phone. There are no delivery fees, just the tip.

Andrews hopes Minibar can continue to expand beyond the Hudson River and into more suburban areas in New Jersey.

Minibar is currently available in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, the Hamptons, Ithaca, N.Y., Dallas, New York's Westchester County, and California's Silicon Valley.

Posted on: 2014/11/26 18:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017