Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: Lions of Judah being removed from church/synagogue/mosque on Grove?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
What does that have to do with the alteration of the front of a building in downtown JC?

The fact that some countries are theocracies is an argument for secularism, not Christianity.

You were the one who cowardly tried to silence anyone who suggested Islam was different from other religions by labeling them as hood wearing bigots. You employed a PC fascist style to silence all discussion.

Others tried to bring the thread back on track, but you reveled in your position as the self declared defender of human rights, courageously shutting down the "bigots."

Now that you have utterly failed in your quest, and your ignorance has been exposed, you want to slink away from the can of worms you opened. Not surprising.

Since you keep ignoring the message, I'll make you a deal. I'll proudly announce I am a hood wearing bigot (as you have accused many in this thread of being) if you travel to one of the many Islamic countries and proudly announce your atheist status. After all, all religions are equally bad and since you'd face no consequences in a Christian country for being an atheist, you'll be fine under the tolerant religion of Islam. Do we have a deal?

Posted on: 2014/11/24 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
What does that have to do with the alteration of the front of a building in downtown JC?

The fact that some countries are theocracies is an argument for secularism, not Christianity.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
More attacking the messenger because you can't handle the truth of the message.

You will get executed just for being an atheist solely in Islamic countries. Just a fact. Not to mention their collective other backwards beliefs about women being property of their husbands, executing homosexuals, etc.

By all means you can keep pretending all religions are equally bad. You have an excellent chance to prove your progressiveness by visiting one of these Islamic countries and announcing your atheist status; I wonder why you won't take advantage?

Posted on: 2014/11/24 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
I can almost see the foam dripping on JCman8s keyboard.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Papadage, we've already gone over this. It is naive and ignorant to pretend every religion is equally "bad."

Go to any majority Christian country in the world, reveal yourself as an atheist, and you'll see nothing happens to you.

But go to one of seven predominantly Islamic countries, and you'll receive the death penalty.

You're the "progressive," "enlightened" one. So please put your money where your mouth is and go do it. I'll even pay for your one way ticket.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Oh, the Yazidi are Christians now? Please tell me more.

Here's an easy example of Christians raping and killing a 14 year old muslim girl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_killings#Rape_and_killings

"Mahmudiyah killings were the gang-rape and killing of 14-year-old Iraqi girl Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi by United States Army soldiers on March 12, 2006, and the murder of her family, in a house to the southwest of Yusufiyah, a village to the west of the town of Al-Mahmudiyah, Iraq."

Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

This
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/30/world/meast/isis-female-slaves/

Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Just the hundreds of thousands who died in Iraq and Afghanistan, just the civilians killed by drone strikes In pakistan, just the Palestinians shot dead by an occupying regime that we prop up with billions in aid.
Of course all of this is making us safer and in no way breeds terrorists.
Show me one credible source for your claim that Muslims are raping christians.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Scummy bigots get scummy in a real estate threat. Who would'a thunk it.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
The West has implemented or propped up tyranny in Muslim countries for centuries. An that includes substantial US interference in recent decades. Not surprising there's been a radical Islamic backlash in many of those countries. Organizing a revolution is pretty tough - and for those countries uniting around Islam was likely the only way to go - better the devil you know....

But does anyone really think Muslims in America are any less American than anyone else? The ones I come across and interact with on a daily basis seem pretty normal to me - small business owners, shop assistants, cab drivers, managers in the office...we have a pretty diverse culture in JC and should be celebrating it - not using it as an excuse for xenophobia.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

This

Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Just the hundreds of thousands who died in Iraq and Afghanistan, just the civilians killed by drone strikes In pakistan, just the Palestinians shot dead by an occupying regime that we prop up with billions in aid.

From your link:

"One should remember that enslaving the families of the kuffar -- the infidels -- and taking their women as concubines is a firmly established aspect of the Shariah, or Islamic law," the group announced in the ISIS publication "Dabiq."

They aren't wrong.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

This

Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/24 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Papadage, we've already gone over this. It is naive and ignorant to pretend every religion is equally "bad."

Go to any majority Christian country in the world, reveal yourself as an atheist, and you'll see nothing happens to you.

But go to one of seven predominantly Islamic countries, and you'll receive the death penalty.

You're the "progressive," "enlightened" one. So please put your money where your mouth is and go do it. I'll even pay for your one way ticket.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/11/24 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Here you go..

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2014 ... al-african-republic/?_r=0

See also:

http://markhumphrys.com/christianity.ww2.html

No religion has clean hands.

The point was that bringing it up in a completely unconnected thread is just a sign of douchy bigot thinking.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The false equivalences between medieval Christianity and modern day radical Islam is silly, no? We're talking what's happening right NOW. There aren't any Christians raping and killing Muslims in 2014, but the reverse is certainly true.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Any outlet at all for the bigots to express themselves with plausible deliability.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
People need to get the #OOPS# over 9/11.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 3:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
It was completely off topic, and just about smearing a religion to which you don't belong. Take the fake justification to your crank pals. The videos you are talking about are almost all fabrications. Put up or shut up. My links are well documented and I can supply dozens of others if you want. I deal with facts, not bullshit.

I try to be more polite to my elders, but at 46 years old, I really don't care to coddle old bigots anymore.

You don't deal with facts, you are simply proving yourself to be a naive misguided fool.

The facts have been stated in this thread, and also in the Bill Maher video that someone else posted. But go on attempting to defend the indefensible.

Here's another fact for you to rationalize away/ignore. Since you mentioned you're an atheist, I invite you to take a trip to one of seven countries where you can be executed solely for being an atheist.

Of course, Islam is the state religion in all seven countries, but don't let that little detail dissuade you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/w ... te-you-for-being-atheist/

Posted on: 2014/11/24 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
It was completely off topic, and just about smearing a religion to which you don't belong. Take the fake justification to your crank pals. The videos you are talking about are almost all fabrications. Put up or shut up. My links are well documented and I can supply dozens of others if you want. I deal with facts, not bullshit.

I try to be more polite to my elders, but at 46 years old, I really don't care to coddle old bigots anymore.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I tried to keep my comments on saving the building or not having the facade destroyed. But your comments, papadage, that people are bigoted is off base. There are plenty of youtube videos that shows Muslims around the world celebrating the destruction of the twin towers. Does it reflect every Muslim? No. You are changing the subject by bringing this up. Attacking me does not solve your narrows views. We should drop this subject and talk about the value of the building only.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
There can be belief without xenophobic bigotry and just plain stupidity.

The idiocy expressed by some in this thread are more about shutting out all opinion except the echo chamber, this the anecdotal bullshit that Yvonne pulled out from a supposed friend to object to my documentation of hundreds of thousands of people around the world expressing sympathy for out loss on 9-11. And then we have the stupidity a few posts about about the Constitution being in jeopardy suddenly for acts that have been routine for decades.

All in a thread about building codes/alterations. It's an excuse for the assholes to pull the hoods out of storage.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
what did you expect, dude? when you are a believer, reason is out the window, only your views are valid and no one else's esp if it's someone not form your side

Quote:

papadage wrote:
The right wing, reactionary derp is strong in this thread. Moronic right wing boot licking stupidity.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 1:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/24 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
I'm with Bill Maher on this one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9i7fRy26V4

Posted on: 2014/11/24 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
The right wing, reactionary derp is strong in this thread. Moronic right wing boot licking stupidity.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Is Religion the root of all problems? of course it is.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/blog/14878
Richard Dawkins, the famous evolutionary biologist, traces the roots of evil to organized religion and to faith itself: the belief in a God has spawned all manner of wickedness and malice throughout history, he claims.
But, religion is merely a private case of a much-larger phenomenon: Man?s quest for meaning; the search for an organizing, exegetic, hermeneutic, overriding, all-encompassing, and all-pervasive principle; the yearning for sense and justice amidst apparent randomness and chaos.
Indeed, secular ?religions?, known as ideologies, have proven to be even more lethal and pernicious that the epiphanous variety. Nazism, Communism, and Fascism have wreaked more mayhem and death than any ?divinely?-inspired counterpart. So did Nationalism and Liberal-Democracy.

Posted on: 2014/11/24 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
And then we wonder how a war got started !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/11/23 21:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Sorry, pal, you are misinformed. We are becoming that country very fast. Our President routinely suspends the laws and changes who they apply to, from "obamacare" to immigration laws. This is the power no English-speaking ruler had since Magna Carta. Not even the monarch!

Sorry, pal, it is you who is misinformed. There were no English speaking rulers until a good 600 years after the Magna Carta and none before. Really shows you know what you're talking about.

Posted on: 2014/11/23 5:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
What does that have to to with the topic, bigot? We are in Jersey City, in the US, and not in a third world country run by a dictatorial junta that is pushing people into following religious zealots, ...

Sorry, pal, you are misinformed. We are becoming that country very fast. Our President routinely suspends the laws and changes who they apply to, from "obamacare" to immigration laws. This is the power no English-speaking ruler had since Magna Carta. Not even the monarch!

And, yes, we ARE pushing people into following religious zealots, like Maryland county offers churches tax breaks for politically correct sermons

Posted on: 2014/11/23 4:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
I am sorry for your loss, but that article is mostly drivel, and the author a right wing asshole.

The whole thing about Muslims celebrating 9-11 is a myth and a lie, perpetrated by assholes like that author who have an agenda.

After 9-11 there was actually a huge outpouring among even our supposed enemies in sympathy for us, and against the tgragic loss of life through mass murder. But assholes like her, and a few on here for that matter, hijack teh event as a smear and blood libel.

Here are some actual reactions abroad right after 9-11 for you bigots to ponder..

http://floppingaces.net/2010/08/01/th ... rated-the-attacks-of-911/

http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/response.htm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1359356589&comments=1

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reacti ... _the_September_11_attacks

But we instead get hateful amateur hour hit pieces by our resident crank Yvonne and idiot remarks by a few others.

I tried to keep to the subject, but you are wrong about the celebrations. There a small sentence in the Star-Ledger when 9/11 happened concerning Paterson Muslim community and the celebrations reported. I also understand it was reported in the final 9/11 report. Three people I know, a Van Vorst neighbor, a nun, I worked with, and a doctor in Bayonne, also told me they saw Muslim celebrating in NJ. These 3 people do not know each other. I am quite sure some Muslims were horrified at 9/11 attack. But don't whitewash what happened. I really preferred we stick to the subject of the building which is my concerned.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Cool.. And we killed tens of thousands of them in Iraq for no good reason.

Going to apologize for that?

Posted on: 2014/11/22 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Your cowardly rants have nothing to do with the topic either.

The facts are that many of the modern problems with extremism stem from these abhorrent cultural beliefs shared by a majority of adherents to that religion.

Just today, over 100 Muslim gunmen boarded a bus in Kenya, forced all bus riders to recite portions of the Koran, and killed everyone who could not do this.

They killed over 28 people.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wor ... habab-attack-9877181.html

If you don't see a link between shared cultural values and extremism, you are naive. If you try to shout down those who do see a link as "bigots," you are an ignorant fascist.

Even in Norway, "moderate" Muslims believe some crazy shit. It is a global movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpeIS25jhK4

Of course, on this topic, it sounds like the Mosque is located in a historical district and thus won't be able to remove the Lions. But since we have veered far off topic, some actual facts and education are appropriate.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
I am sorry for your loss, but that article is mostly drivel, and the author a right wing asshole.

The whole thing about Muslims celebrating 9-11 is a myth and a lie, perpetrated by assholes like that author who have an agenda.

After 9-11 there was actually a huge outpouring among even our supposed enemies in sympathy for us, and against the tgragic loss of life through mass murder. But assholes like her, and a few on here for that matter, hijack teh event as a smear and blood libel.

Here are some actual reactions abroad right after 9-11 for you bigots to ponder..

http://floppingaces.net/2010/08/01/th ... rated-the-attacks-of-911/

http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/response.htm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1359356589&comments=1

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reacti ... _the_September_11_attacks

But we instead get hateful amateur hour hit pieces by our resident crank Yvonne and idiot remarks by a few others.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 19:42

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017