Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Steve Fulop for Governor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop is in the mold of another reformer, Schundler, although not an elected official when he became mayor, he often attacked abatements then gave the city away as mayor. Fulop like Schundler used the office to run for governor. Both used education as a theme while mayor.
Schundler privatized water and the rates increased, Fulop is taking the excess profits and transferring it to the budget instead of returning it to rate payers.
Both wanted a garbage transfer station in Greenville, although Schundler's contract was for more money per ton than Fulop's proposed contract.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In 2012, some Republicans want Christie to enter the presidential race, he immediately said no. What do we hear from Fulop? Nothing. He is using using this to test the waters without taking the responsibility of the results. It is probably the reason Fulop so much time outside JC, he is building his base and bringing in the same people that McGreevey used when McGreevey ran for office. There is no hoodwinking on my part.

Yvonne, all things considered, do you think Fulop is an improvement over past JC mayors?

I realize that's not setting the bar high (in my view anyway). So a "yes" response wouldn't at all mean that you think he's doing a good job--clearly I can see that you don't think he is. But I am curious about how you think he is fairing compared to others who have done the job--I'd be surprised if you said he was even worse.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I will give Fulop credit for one thing: He has neighborhood groups banning together to fight him on EMS and transfer station. I haven't seen this much activity in a long time. These groups are now on alert.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Yvonne, you do yourself an injustice by making these statements. I honestly think that you are smarter than that.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have a simple solution, why don't you just ask Fulop? After all, it is a website that bears his name and your name is your brand.

Someone spent money to buy a domain name and host the web site. Perhaps, someone paid for the web design. Why would anyone one do this unless they are part of the Fulop team? I still don't hear Fulop denying he is running for governor.

I liken this "why won't he deny" shtick to the birther logic around the Prez. Create fake controversy, seek engagement by questioning lack of denial, use lack of denial as somehow evidence of truth. Classic conspiracy theory logic.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Not even taking into account that Fulop would have a much more informed and widespread polling/testing method and professional firm working on his analysis, this website is clearly shoestring budget and poorly done. It's kind of like when you get spam that has typos and misused words. You know it's not a serious attempt.
...and really who cares if Fulop does want to be Governor or Senator? I think he'd do a better than Christie or Booker. I don't blame him and I'd be proud to say that he was the Mayor of JC back in the day. I believe that he will be a political success and not go down in a blaze of drunken useless shame like the last Mayor.
I think that if he runs for another term as Mayor we should consider ourselves lucky to have such an effective and efficient action taker in office.
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Yvonne, you do yourself an injustice by making these statements. I honestly think that you are smarter than that.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have a simple solution, why don't you just ask Fulop? After all, it is a website that bears his name and your name is your brand.

Someone spent money to buy a domain name and host the web site. Perhaps, someone paid for the web design. Why would anyone one do this unless they are part of the Fulop team? I still don't hear Fulop denying he is running for governor.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/10 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/10 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
At least Booker won in a predetermined rigged election against Jeff Bell.

Silly me, I thought Bell won a Republican primary. Are you paranoid righties now claiming that the Dems are selecting your candidates?

Posted on: 2014/11/10 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Come on now guys. We all know Fulop is going full-Cory Booker. He's made it no secret. The only shame is people would actually elect him before he accomplished anything of substance ( a la Booker). The power of a strong PR machine is staggering, equally as staggering as how stupid some voters are to fall for such a farce.

At least Booker won in a predetermined rigged election against Jeff Bell. A guy who hasn't lived here for 30 years, wants a return to the gold standard, and is against women's birth control because it makes them too promiscuous.

I think Fulop would actually have a real election if running for Governor.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Come on now guys. We all know Fulop is going full-Cory Booker. He's made it no secret. The only shame is people would actually elect him before he accomplished anything of substance ( a la Booker). The power of a strong PR machine is staggering, equally as staggering as how stupid some voters are to fall for such a farce.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Then Fulop should say something, instead he is allowing others on this forum to speak for him.

I doubt if Fulop knows about it. It's not like JCList has a massive following and is the go-to place for current events. The analyticals show on average only 18 unique visitors to this site. Yvonne, you probably have a bigger following.

Where are you getting these "analyticals" from? I think you are full of it.

Also, it is well known that both Fulop and Candice Osbourne have posted on this board before, under their own names.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Then Fulop should say something, instead he is allowing others on this forum to speak for him.

I doubt if Fulop knows about it. It's not like JCList has a massive following and is the go-to place for current events. The analyticals show on average only 18 unique visitors to this site. Yvonne, you probably have a bigger following.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
@mwa7368 I do get the point. I'll repeat, I don't think it's such a bad idea that Fulop run for Governor. It'd be nice to say we spawned someone better than a crook from Jersey City. And I'm still hoping that he can get our water bills lowered. They're ridiculous.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/9 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
He is using using this to test the waters without taking the responsibility of the results.

There is no way on earth that this is a Fulop inspired or sanctioned website. It is extremely pedestrian and does not even rise to a pinkie finger's worth of the marketing sophistication that Fulop has at his disposal.

There are legitimate ways to "test the waters" and this ain't one of them.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/9 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
So someone makes a phony website and therefore Fulop is testing the waters before running ?

I guess its pretty incriminating he's not denying a random website that he has no idea about ?

Not like booker is trying to publicly motivate him to run like say Republicans did in your example of immediate denial

Posted on: 2014/11/9 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In 2012, some Republicans want Christie to enter the presidential race, he immediately said no. What do we hear from Fulop? Nothing. He is using using this to test the waters without taking the responsibility of the results. It is probably the reason Fulop so much time outside JC, he is building his base and bringing in the same people that McGreevey used when McGreevey ran for office. There is no hoodwinking on my part.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I think you are missing the point. This post and the link to it have absolutely no link to Fulop or any ambitions he may or may not have in the future. It's simply a random petition that someone started that 16 people signed (likewise probably hoodwinked by the original, sarcastic poster) and is now being used by his opponents to create false criticism against him for potentially desiring higher office.
Political bullshit basically

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
I think it should be left up. I'd actually hate to see Fulop go. He's doing some good things with the budget. I have a pipe dream that he'll get our water bills lowered. What a scam the water company is.

10 gallons of water: $30
Sewer charges: $52
Miscellaneous free for all charges made up by the water company: priceless

Posted on: 2014/11/9 3:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
I think it should be left up. I'd actually hate to see Fulop go. He's doing some good things with the budget. I have a pipe dream that he'll get our water bills lowered. What a scam the water company is.

10 gallons of water: $30
Sewer charges: $52
Miscellaneous free for all charges made up by the water company: priceless

Posted on: 2014/11/7 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The webmaster should really remove or edit the title of the thread, it's misleading and unhelpful.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 4:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I could make a petition that says "Yvonne for Governor, sign this petition to get Yvonne to run for Governor" It would have the equivalent value of the petition linked in your post. Useless and dumb.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

The URL (according to a WHOIS seach is owned by):

Registrant Name: SEAN COTTER
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 159 WEST 10TH ST
Registrant City: BAYONNE
Registrant State/Province: New Jersey
Registrant Postal Code: 07002
Registrant Country: United States

If one and the same, Sean Cotter is mentioned as an interesting character in this Politicker NJ article:

The strange disappearance of Sean Cotter

By Max Pizarro | 04/19/07 4:00pm
by MAX PIZARRO
PoliticsNJ.com

Add to that list of New Jersey disappearances including the arm of Chad Pennington, the glassworks of Trenton, and the Haunted Mansion of Long Branch the mysterious 2007 district 31 Senate candidacy of Sean Cotter.

Assemblyman Louis Manzo, himself a candidate for state Senate in district 31, says real estate developer Cotter told him Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy offered Cotter jobs in exchange for Cotter?s help in entering the Senate race as a spoiler. Healy ? who along with the Hudson County Democratic Organization ? backs Manzo?s chief rival Sandra Bolden Cunningham, calls the charge an outright falsehood.

Last Friday, on the same day Manzo said his legal team was going to make the information public in a Newark courtroom where Manzo was challenging the legitimacy of Cunningham?s primary petition, Cotter abruptly exited the Senate race with a fax to the state Division of Elections Office.

But not before he evidently spoke to former Jersey City Mayor Gerald McCann, a newly elected Jersey City School Board member who was removed from the mayor's office during his second term in 1992 and served over two years in a federal prison after being convicted of fraud and tax evasion.

Manzo suggests Cotter was a creature of the Cunningham camp. Cunningham?s people say the candidate was a shape-shifter wrought from the workshop of the fallen McCann. Whether his own man in the world of politics or a functionary strawman of one campaign or the other, Cotter had contact with people who are in both camps.

MORE

And another article here...

Posted on: 2014/11/7 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

daisyduke wrote:
There is no way in HELL that is a site he approved. The look and feel and syntax are nowhere near what he would use given his history.

Some opportunist probably bought up the url and is acting alone trying to get the fundraising started. Or just trying to stir up controversy.
governor fulop sure sounds better than bully christie

Posted on: 2014/11/7 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Isn't it any wonder he dropped Carepoint in favor of the Medical Center, he doesn't want distractions.

http://stevefulopforgovernor.com/

This doesn't appear to be his own doing, but a "draft Fulop" effort.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 3:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/14 16:17
Group:
Registered Users
There is no way in HELL that is a site he approved. The look and feel and syntax are nowhere near what he would use given his history.

Some opportunist probably bought up the url and is acting alone trying to get the fundraising started. Or just trying to stir up controversy.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 3:20

Steve Fulop for Governor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't it any wonder he dropped Carepoint in favor of the Medical Center, he doesn't want distractions.

http://stevefulopforgovernor.com/

Posted on: 2014/11/7 3:17

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017