Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: it's gonna be fun watching the GOP squirm after the mid-term election
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The Democratic meme is now 'we won the votes of those who didn't bother to vote'.
monroe - you make a valid point which is why i can wait until 2016. have you gotten your hillary button's yet?

Keep living in a dream world, always looking years into the future, as the present is obviously too much to handle!

Posted on: 2014/11/10 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The bright side is that if Mrs. Clinton does win it won't be as bad as what we have now.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The Democratic meme is now 'we won the votes of those who didn't bother to vote'.
monroe - you make a valid point which is why i can wait until 2016. have you gotten your hillary button's yet?

Posted on: 2014/11/10 13:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/10 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/10 12:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
more interesting analysis; majority of democratic voters seem to be in sync with obama's policies. the problem is that too many did not vote.

http://news.yahoo.com/compromise-vote ... -124024005--election.html

the people who came out to vote tended to have an ax to grind. let's see if hillbilly gal's coattail are long in 2016!

Posted on: 2014/11/10 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I did not lay it all on Clinton, I opened by saying Bush 1 negotiated the deal. It was a total sellout of the America people by Washington DC. This was supposed to stop illegal immigration by raising the standard of living overseas and it was to supposed to clean up the environment by holding signees to non-pollution pacts... it had all the bells and whistles attached to get it passed. It was going to make North America competitive against the EU. These Krugman economic theorists are always experimenting and artificially changing a natural order of simple things like supply and demand concept. Obama has a Noble Peace Prize and look where the professor has taken us. The current leftist phrase, just used by Hillary in Boston a couple weeks back is that people don't create and build businesses, customers do???

ote:
it is very interesting that conservatives are trying to put the blame on clinton for signing nafta which has negatively impacted manufacturing jobs. i agree this was the start of the decline....but the republicans in Congress were big cheerleaders for this. [/quote]

Posted on: 2014/11/10 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
christian science monitor not impressedwith republican midterm performance

http://news.yahoo.com/why-republican- ... sive-seems-215043664.html

Posted on: 2014/11/10 2:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
it is very interesting that conservatives are trying to put the blame on clinton for signing nafta which has negatively impacted manufacturing jobs. i agree this was the start of the decline....but the republicans in Congress were big cheerleaders for this.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Also thanks for destroying any and all credibility you may have had, inkblot guy.

Oh well, I think a fellow with a Nobel prize in economics (Krugman) has far more credibility than the righties on jclist.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Thebigguy, take it easy. You're gonna scare off the fools on here who make it so much fun. Stop using so many facts and counter points, you may make them cry :(

Posted on: 2014/11/9 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes.... I know it's difficult to understand when the facts get in way of the myth. BTW, even though Bush 1 negotiated it; it was Clinton who signed NFTA which started the decline of the US middle class when we swapped good paying US based manufacturing jobs for fresh Mexican produce and the promise of a "new service economy" which turned out to be jobs at Walmarts and McDonalds.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Actually the genesis of the housing crash which lead to 2008 meltdown occurred when the Clinton democrats loosened the home loan qualifying criteria so anyone could qualify for a loan. It was a noble government idea pushed by Clinton / Kennedy / Dodd / Frank crowd but contradicted the reality about the true cost of home ownership and passing out free money ala Fannie and Freddie. Something "positive" needed to happen because everyone had to feel good after the Dot.Com crash.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
thx. i view your insult as a compliment. i don't recall the GOP accomplishing much before during the GWB years, unless of course, you are talkingabout wrecking the economy

But, but, but, BUSH!!!!

And you wonder why the Democrats got slaughtered in the elections...
the Republicans got slaughtered before amnd they will get slaughtered again. Some people act as if the Republicans beating the Democrats in this election is the 2nd coming of Christ - get over it! it's not!

and certain people want to forget about/ignore all the Bush years and Republican control which set the stage for the Freat Recession. If obama had been in office instead of bush, republicans would be harping on that!
gosh, jesus me. now we're blaming Clinton for the housing crash?

Posted on: 2014/11/9 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Quote:
and certain people want to forget about/ignore all the Bush years and Republican control which set the stage for the Freat Recession. If obama had been in office instead of bush, republicans would be harping on that!

It is nice to see some people on here are using real history books and not the DEM/MSNBC editions of them. I bet the DEM/MSNBC editions either twist or omit these facts?

- Remember how Bill Clinton was the greatest President of ALL times? (hmm maybe the luckiest) Yes millions of jobs were created during his reign but why? Well he happened to be the sitting President when the computer geeks of America hit it big with the PC and Internet (dot com) boom. (a big thank you to Al Gore for inventing the internet) Also remember the millions of jobs created for the YEAR 2000 ?bug? fix? (which every developer knew was a joke that wasn?t going to happen)

- Remember towards the end of Clinton?s run everything came tumbling down with the dot com bust?

- Remember how Bill Clinton left in-coming Bush with a recession?

- Remember why Bush called for the ?tax breaks for the rich??

- Remember how the 9/11 attacks hit our economy and how well the economy was recovering under Bush after the attacks? (up until 2007 when the Dems took control of Congress that is)

- And like The Big Guy said let?s not forget who was responsible for the housing bust. Google >1999 nytimes Clinton low income loans < to see who really caused our current problems.

- Remember when Clinton bombed Iraq and all of the Dems were behind it? "Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons programs, and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors. Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the middle east and around the world," Clinton said.

Quote:

mwa7368 wrote: ...and to think, all this time I thought "Neverleft" meant that you never left JC!

I did think of the double meaning when I came up with neverleft?.but I will admit I do vote lefty on occasion so I can?t say the second meaning is totally accurate. :)

Posted on: 2014/11/9 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Actually, the Dems can't come to grips with finding out that Obama isn't the Black Jesus after all.

Considering Alison Grimes, Democratic candidate for the Kentucky Senate seat, repeatedly refused to say whether she voted for Obama, and plenty of other Dems distanced themselves from him, I think Obama is more like a Black Leper.

http://mashable.com/2014/11/03/democrat-candidates-distance-obama/

Posted on: 2014/11/9 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Actually the genesis of the housing crash which lead to 2008 meltdown occurred when the Clinton democrats loosened the home loan qualifying criteria so anyone could qualify for a loan. It was a noble government idea pushed by Clinton / Kennedy / Dodd / Frank crowd but contradicted the reality about the true cost of home ownership and passing out free money ala Fannie and Freddie. Something "positive" needed to happen because everyone had to feel good after the Dot.Com crash.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
thx. i view your insult as a compliment. i don't recall the GOP accomplishing much before during the GWB years, unless of course, you are talkingabout wrecking the economy

But, but, but, BUSH!!!!

the Republicans got slaughtered before amnd they will get slaughtered again. Some people act as if the Republicans beating the Democrats in this election is the 2nd coming of Christ - get over it! it's not!

Posted on: 2014/11/9 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

But, but, but, BUSH!!!!

Posted on: 2014/11/9 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Once again (I swear it's like talking to a wall), you do know the difference between unemployment and joblessness right (and labor participation - also record highs!)? You do know the difference between unemployment and under employment right? If you did, you and every other moron wouldn't keep reading the same meaningless quotes from the democrat playbook.

And yes, the stock market. Obama has helped the rich get richer. Hell, I made a ton of money riding it these past few years. None of what you just posted means jack sh*t to the lower middle class and poor, you know, the people Barry is supposed to have helped??

I'm sure the average middle/lower class family in (insert big city here), most of whom don't invest their money is so pumped that the stock market is at record highs!

F*cking useful idiots, I swear.

At least you admit that Trickle Down Economics doesn't work.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, the Dems can't come to grips with finding out that Obama isn't the Black Jesus after all.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

But, but, but, BUSH!!!!

Posted on: 2014/11/9 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

But, but, but, BUSH!!!!

Posted on: 2014/11/9 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The administration also changed the rules on calculating unemployment and other similar metrics. They changed the Consumer Price Index (CPI) so there would be no indication of inflation. What did they remove, cost of gasoline and cost of food. Basic commodities that hit everyone in the USA. Price of food is skyrocketing, a gallon of milk is currently more than gasoline. So while food prices (and gas will return too) increase, who does that affect... people living on fixed incomes, who see the price increases but not their COLI increase. Won't discuss the temporary gas price decrease but the stock market is another bubble set to burst as soon as the manipulators see the right time to short it and make trillions as people pensions/retirements disappear. This is all part of the FED printing money feeding the Wall Street addiction. Once the source dries up, there will be hell too pay.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Obama's other notable program was Cash for Clunkers... Talk about classic economics 101. Taxpayers provided a tax credit to people who traded in their older cars. Those cars were immediately destroyed by law. The feds paid the dealers for selling a new car, but the after effect was a severe reduction in the number of used cars available in the preowned market. Consequently the prices of used cars increased and it cost the consumers more. Generally these people were buying in this market because they could not afford a new car.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/button ... 4/11/politics-and-markets

http://blogs.reuters.com/anatole-kale ... -but-not-for-japan-or-eu/

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b50585f4-65d9-11e4-a454-is down to Obama's policies, how much to gridlock, and how much to macro environment such as increased US oil and gas production?

I tend to believe the idea that less government and less regulation boosts the economy, and th00144feabdc0.html

I find the argument fascinating on Obama's record on the economy. How much economic improvement at recent gridlock may have helped the economy more than any of Obama's policies...
and what would our little genius have done?the dow is at a record and unemployment is at 5.8%.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
people chose what they want to make their arguments look good, don't they sweetie!

Yes, that's correct! You and every other empty-skulled liberal moron on here do exactly that: use meaningless stats which do nothing to bolster your argument.

I, on the other hand, prefer to measure someone's successes or failures in REALITY.

Thanks for playing though, it was cute.

Dunno what any of that has to do with what you or I previously posted. Keep on deflecting, baby.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
people chose what they want to make their arguments look good, don't they sweetie!

Yes, that's correct! You and every other empty-skulled liberal moron on here do exactly that: use meaningless stats which do nothing to bolster your argument.

I, on the other hand, prefer to measure someone's successes or failures in REALITY.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/9 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Once again (I swear it's like talking to a wall), you do know the difference between unemployment and joblessness right (and labor participation - also record highs!)? You do know the difference between unemployment and under employment right? If you did, you and every other moron wouldn't keep reading the same meaningless quotes from the democrat playbook.

And yes, the stock market. Obama has helped the rich get richer. Hell, I made a ton of money riding it these past few years. None of what you just posted means jack sh*t to the lower middle class and poor, you know, the people Barry is supposed to have helped??

I'm sure the average middle/lower class family in (insert big city here), most of whom don't invest their money is so pumped that the stock market is at record highs!

people chose what they want to make their arguments look good, don't they sweetie! and even obama would say unemployment ad underemployment are TOO high, but those numbers are a vast improvement over 2008 and wat might have been had GM and Chrysler gone bust!

Posted on: 2014/11/9 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/11/9 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Obama's other notable program was Cash for Clunkers... Talk about classic economics 101. Taxpayers provided a tax credit to people who traded in their older cars. Those cars were immediately destroyed by law. The feds paid the dealers for selling a new car, but the after effect was a severe reduction in the number of used cars available in the preowned market. Consequently the prices of used cars increased and it cost the consumers more. Generally these people were buying in this market because they could not afford a new car.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b50585f4-65 ... e4-a454-00144feabdc0.html

I find the argument fascinating on Obama's record on the economy. How much economic improvement is down to Obama's policies, how much to gridlock, and how much to macro environment such as increased US oil and gas production?

I tend to believe the idea that less government and less regulation boosts the economy, and that recent gridlock may have helped the economy more than any of Obama's policies...
and what would our little genius have done?the dow is at a record and unemployment is at 5.8%.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

I find the argument fascinating on Obama's record on the economy. How much economic improvement is down to Obama's policies, how much to gridlock, and how much to macro environment such as increased US oil and gas production?

I tend to believe the idea that less government and less regulation boosts the economy, and that recent gridlock may have helped the economy more than any of Obama's policies...

Posted on: 2014/11/9 6:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/9 5:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
"Butthurt". Are some of you Republican men comparing the election results to having anally raped Democratic men? Why am I not surprised?

As a registered independent, I'm assuming this isn't aimed at me?

And well, as I've said to other morons on here, I can't handhold you through life to understand humor. You're on your own bub.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 4:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
"Butthurt". Are some of you Republican men comparing the election results to having anally raped Democratic men? Why am I not surprised?

Let me help you out.

P.S. You should really stop trying to sell the fauxrage. True, there were time when that was a novelty item and to some looked like quite genuine. But those times are over.

Posted on: 2014/11/9 4:30

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017