Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Video evidence of highly suspicious roadblock on NJ Turnpike
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
why didn't they just use one of their burners to call for help.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
It's still fishy - how many people do you know will put cones on a dark but busy 2 lane ramp (where cars may be moving at 30-40mph) to slow cars down after midnight then approach the vehicles?

This is actually an exceptionally smart move. Making cars stop, isn?t the right approach, but having them slow down absolutely is.

Years ago, I was driving west on route 78 through an area under construction and I blew out a tire. I pulled over into the exceptionally small shoulder. I was starting to get all of my equipment out when a truck driver pulled over and told me to move the orange cones nearby around the car so that I could be more easily seen and people would slow down. I ended up using large orange barrel cones.

A police car came speeding through, pushing cars out of the way on what existed of the two lane road while I was in the middle of the tire change. A minivan trying to give the police car more space shifted right into the barrel, which knocked into me.

Had the cones not been there, the more likely result is the van swerving into and killing me.

I have no idea what these individuals were doing. Maybe they were making space for themselves by shifting traffic away from their car for safety. Maybe they were moving cones to slow drivers down to ask for help. Maybe they were looking to car-jack people. I don?t think anyone really knows the motives. However, if you break down on the side of the road and there are cones around, use them to steer traffic away from the car. It?s the safest way to repair the problem and move on.

I think there is a massive difference between your situation on a busy highway with an exceptionally small shoulder and this one. A desolate road in the middle of the night.

In no universe can their behavior be considered "an exceptionally smart move." Especially given the fact that the driver was drunk.

I don't know what they were doing either but no way would I find out. Anyone who feels differently is free to see what these kinds of people want in the future.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
It's still fishy - how many people do you know will put cones on a dark but busy 2 lane ramp (where cars may be moving at 30-40mph) to slow cars down after midnight then approach the vehicles?

This is actually an exceptionally smart move. Making cars stop, isn?t the right approach, but having them slow down absolutely is.

Years ago, I was driving west on route 78 through an area under construction and I blew out a tire. I pulled over into the exceptionally small shoulder. I was starting to get all of my equipment out when a truck driver pulled over and told me to move the orange cones nearby around the car so that I could be more easily seen and people would slow down. I ended up using large orange barrel cones.

A police car came speeding through, pushing cars out of the way on what existed of the two lane road while I was in the middle of the tire change. A minivan trying to give the police car more space shifted right into the barrel, which knocked into me.

Had the cones not been there, the more likely result is the van swerving into and killing me.

I have no idea what these individuals were doing. Maybe they were making space for themselves by shifting traffic away from their car for safety. Maybe they were moving cones to slow drivers down to ask for help. Maybe they were looking to car-jack people. I don?t think anyone really knows the motives. However, if you break down on the side of the road and there are cones around, use them to steer traffic away from the car. It?s the safest way to repair the problem and move on.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 15:39
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Fake roadblock. The sense of entitlement of car users simply cannot be underestimated...

Posted on: 2014/11/9 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Some guy using fake flashing lights pulled her over and the worst thing imaginable happened.

It was Heights?

Posted on: 2014/11/8 4:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The driver was drunk... who knows what the other guy was on... sounds like they needed a car ride home and they got it. Curious why they never called the NJSP?

Posted on: 2014/11/6 23:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:

Agreed. No way in hell I would stop for something like this when it's dark out in the middle of the night with no other people around. If that makes me a "man baby" or a racist, so be it. Hell, even in broad daylight I probably wouldn't have stopped. I'd keep driving and then call the police on my cell phone. They are better equipped to deal with the situation anyway, legitimate or not. If the guy supposedly had run out of gas didn't have a cell phone to call for help, police would have shown up sooner or later to help. Furthermore, I am not allowing a stranger to syphon gas from my car either anyway, at least not that close to civilization. Call me selfish if you want.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/11/6 21:22
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
if user1111 is a troll/parody account then really good stuff, keep it up.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I want to say I am actually jealous of user. It takes guts to live in GV. I imagine he has reflexes like Neo and dodges bullets on a daily, if not hourly, basis. Since he sees shootings on a daily basis, a guy who closes down two lanes on a highway would not faze him at all. In fact, user would have probably invited him out for dinner. User probably couldn't sleep if he didn't hear the calming noises of screams and bullets at night - it's like a lullaby for him. I'm also assuming user is a billionaire because owning in Greenville is pissing away money at a rate that I think only billionaires would be capable of. In any case, I admire you user.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yes, and the driver was nailed on a DUI (and for risking the lives of other drivers by stupidly putting cones out), and the passenger was arrested for outstanding warrants. Two model citizens!

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
troopers discovered when they arrived at the scene that the car had run out of gas. HA!

Not to mention the distinct possibility they would have carjacked him and possibly worse.

But again, to each his own. If someone wants to prove how brave and "non-racist" they are, feel free to stop by and see what they want on the side of the road at midnight.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, and the driver was nailed on a DUI (and for risking the lives of other drivers by stupidly putting cones out), and the passenger was arrested for outstanding warrants. Two model citizens!

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
troopers discovered when they arrived at the scene that the car had run out of gas. HA!

Posted on: 2014/11/6 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/6 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

...and they just happened to have two big orange traffic cones in the back seat of their car... and they felt it was fine to force all cars to stop and to help them out... and they forgot their cash at home...and...

Resized Image

and.. its over, you can come out of the closet now. So many man babies on here.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

...and they just happened to have two big orange traffic cones in the back seat of their car... and they felt it was fine to force all cars to stop and to help them out... and they forgot their cash at home...and...

Resized Image

JERSEY CITY, N.J. ? State Police believe a suspicious roadblock on the New Jersey Turnpike captured by a dashboard camera was a lapse in judgment and not a robbery attempt.

A motorist on the Newark Bay Extension in Jersey City early Monday recorded a vehicle in the shoulder and two traffic cones in the road. The motorist drove away as a man approached and appeared to place his hand in his coat pocket.

State Police Capt. Stephen Jones says the cones were gone by the time troopers responding to reports of suspicious persons arrived.

The troopers learned the car had run out of gas.

The troopers charged the driver, 37-year-old Kareem Walston of Orange, with driving under the influence.

His passenger, 36-year-old Hashen Clark of Jersey City, was charged with hindering.

It wasn't immediately clear if they had attorneys.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Please back up your talk. The next time you come across something like this, please stop and see what the nice gentlemen have to say. Thanks.

I come across it daily, I am not afraid to give a hand when its needed and I am not afraid of my shadow or people who don't look like me, but nice try though.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Please back up your talk. The next time you come across something like this, please stop and see what the nice gentlemen have to say. Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/6 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
I'm a little confused, where was this exactly?

The news videos on this thread say the 14s exits on the NJ Turnpike right outside Jersey City.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a little confused, where was this exactly?

Posted on: 2014/11/6 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, besides the four Newark thug's who killed a man protecting his wife at the Short Hills Mall another lookalike home invaded a house on the other side of town, assaulted a small Asian woman in front of her young daughter, then threw her down cement stairs to her basement. Yes, in real life-run the bastard over, back up, rinse and repeat.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
OMG!!!! They are coming to get us, first Ebola, and now murderers and the car jackers... Resized Image

I feel sorry for you.

Can you make a more stupid post? They have almost a carjacking per freaking day, 10 minutes away in Newark. And the poor guy killed in Short Hills was done by 4 pieces of shit thugs from the hood.

I posted this for a few specific people who all seem to be commenting on it, you all know who and what you are. Enjoy!

Posted on: 2014/11/6 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
OMG!!!! They are coming to get us, first Ebola, and now murderers and the car jackers... Resized Image

I feel sorry for you.

Can you make a more stupid post? They have almost a carjacking per freaking day, 10 minutes away in Newark. And the poor guy killed in Short Hills was done by 4 pieces of shit thugs from the hood.

Like JadedJC said, let idiots like User stop and see what these guys want the next time they come around.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

I feel sorry for you.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 15:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
that video will show criminals to use more cones next time

Posted on: 2014/11/6 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

I feel sorry for you.

Yeah, yeah, we all know that you live in big bad part of town and nothing fazes you. People are right to be concerned, even if no one was killed. We all travel on the Turnpike extension and it's a pretty busy stretch of road - that's why this is surprising. Even if these guys had no intent to rob, carjack or murder anyone, they could have easily caused an accident with that fake roadblock. By all means, feel free to stop and see what these guys want since you're not afraid of anything. You're a much better citizen/neighbor than I am.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

I feel sorry for you.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
A makeshift roadblock in the dead of night on a deserted highway. You pull over. A figure in a pair of jeans and a gold chain emerges from the gloom...

That is some extremely creepy, horror movie shit. They have one guy on DWI and the other on "interfering with an investigation" but clearly this was the premeditated pretense for a much more serious crime. A robbery at least, a carjacking maybe, or perhaps something even more sinister.

Innocent until proven guilty obviously, but I wonder what powers the police have to prosecute on the seemingly evident and thought out intent (they brought cones, people!) to commit a more serious crime...?

The whole matter is disturbing all round...

I agree, these people were clearly looking to commit robbery and possibly murder. Seems ridiculous that they only get charged with DWI and "interfering." I get that we don't want to punish thought crimes, but since they took so many steps that made their goal obvious, these people should be locked up for decades.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Scary. This reminds me of a sad incident involving a girl I went to high school with. Several years after graduation she was attending a cousin's wedding and after the reception was driving alone on a rural stretch of road in the Midwest. Some guy using fake flashing lights pulled her over and the worst thing imaginable happened. If you're driving alone at night and you're not sure if it's the police trying to pull you over, call 911 and ask them to verify, or better yet, keep driving to the nearest police station or populated area. I remember on a road trip to national parks out West a few years back being creeped out by long stretches of road without cell service and 40-50+ miles between any towns or signs of civilization. Luckily, NJ isn't like that.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Caught on dashcam: Driver's encounter with suspicious Turnpike roadblock

By Alex Napoliello | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com