Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City mayor's ex-chief of staff leaving city government

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
June 01, 2015 at  5:53 PM

JERSEY CITY — Muhammed Akil, formerly Mayor Steve Fulop's chief of staff who stepped down from that post last October after racist and homophobic remarks he made two decades ago first surfaced, is leaving city government entirely to work for a private firm.

It's not immediately clear where Akil is headed. He told The Jersey Journal after he mentored a winning fifth-grade student government candidate at School 22 in December that he liked to teach and was thinking of going into the education field.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... uhammed_akil_story_1.html

Posted on: 2015/6/1 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/28 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Resolution 10z.19, May 27, 2015 - Fulop picks Muhammed Akil for the rent leveling board as a alternate member. I guess all is forgiven. With over 261,000 people in JC, why are the same people appointed to boards? I thought Fulop was going to pick people based on resumes.

Ok, so what were the resumes of the others that are on the board?

Also, the guy is an alternate member...

The difference is - Councilman Fulop voted no on Ray Velasquez appointment as judge, even though Ray was a judge in the past. Fulop called Ray a crony of Healy. Isn't Akil a crony of Fulop?

So, instead of providing any information you create some false comparison. That sounds like a perfectly acceptable way to form an argument...

Posted on: 2015/5/28 16:59
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Resolution 10z.19, May 27, 2015 - Fulop picks Muhammed Akil for the rent leveling board as a alternate member. I guess all is forgiven. With over 261,000 people in JC, why are the same people appointed to boards? I thought Fulop was going to pick people based on resumes.

The difference is - Councilman Fulop voted no on Ray Velasquez appointment as judge, even though Ray was a judge in the past. Fulop called Ray a crony of Healy. Isn't Akil a crony of Fulop?

Posted on: 2015/5/28 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/28 15:31
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/28 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
...I too would have posted twice in my giddy, smug, inconsequential point-scoring delight.

Actually, can we get webbie to start a karma point score on here? that would be fun. I'd love to be able to upvote and downvote some posts here.

Posted on: 2014/10/22 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Crickets from you regarding how you gave Fulop two checks and 4 months into his term registered the name sameastheoldboss, then waited a year to post.

Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
Crickets

Posted on: 2014/10/22 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
Crickets

What more do you expect? I'm happy that Fulop did the right thing and kicked this radical racist out of his office. Yes, he's still on the payroll but that's because of archaic tenure type laws that make it very difficult to remove civil service employees. I'd rather those laws be abolished, but that's a story for another time.

If the stuff about the phony charity is true, contact the media and have them look into it. Nothing that anyone here can do.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 13:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Crickets

Posted on: 2014/10/21 13:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/26 10:51
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Former Fulop Chief of Staff Akil under cover of his "More than a Race" (MTR) whose non-profit status was revoked by the IRS solicited donations on the MTR letterhead and asked those donations be made out to the " Jersey City Youth Foundation" and mailed to the seventh street address of Fulop campaign treasurer who coincidently oversees the Jersey City Youth Foundation". Terrence McDonald, why are you letting this go by unchallenged? Were the 2014, solicitations by Akil sent to the same firms that have been doing business with the city, specifically the JCMUA? Was MUA Board member John Thieroff ((former Fulop mayoral campaign manager) still a trustee of MTR when Akil's MTR made his solicitations in June 2014.

In Post #142 on this thread, the Bio's of "Jersey City Youth Foundation" Chairwoman Veronica Park and board member Ellissa Fulop were pasted onto the posting from the website. Since that posting several days ago Ellisa Fulop who had referenced her management position at Merrill Lynch has taken any reference to Merrill Lynch out of her BIO. The deletion of Merrill Lynch from the BIO that had been posted on the "Jersey City Youth Foundation Website is very interesting.

The BIO's as they appeared last week are attached directly below.

Veronica Park Chairwoman of Jersey City Youth Foundation:

Veronica Park lives in Jersey City with her 3 children who all attend PS #37. She is actively involved in her community with fundraising, consulting and connecting individuals for the common benefit of all. She is passionate about our city and has led the Mayor?s Backpack, Turkey and Toy Drive efforts for the past 4 years. She is a Board Member for the Jersey City Medical Center, Advisory Board Member for Bareburger, and Business Consultant for Yo Mon Yogurt. She was also the Finance Director and Inauguration Committee Chair for Mayor Steven Fulop.
Veronica Park continues her journey at Starbucks Coffee Company as a business, operations and market development leader with over the 20+ years. She is a high-integrity, results-oriented entrepreneurial master known for her ability to develop, replicate, strengthen and scale operations on a regional, national and international basis.

[b]Board member Ellissa Fulop of West Orange:

Elissa Fulop has over twenty years of marketing and advertising experience within financial services. Elissa has demonstrated the ability to drive results, lead and build effective cross-functional teams, create innovative product and marketing opportunities and manage key relationships both internally and externally. She is currently the Vice President of Digital Marketing at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. In this role, Elissa is responsible for partnership in defining strategies and aligning priorities for the Institutional Retirement business.Elissa graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a BA in Finance and currently lives in West Orange with her husband, 2 daughters and bulldog named Mugsy.

Posted on: 2014/10/18 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Consensus suggests that Akil needs to go - Just like the trash deal, Fulop needs to 'listen' to his constituents and ask for his resignation ... then just call it a case of poor vetting of candidates !

Fulop got Akil's resignation already. Duh!

Posted on: 2014/10/18 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Consensus suggests that Akil needs to go - Just like the trash deal, Fulop needs to 'listen' to his constituents and ask for his resignation ... then just call it a case of poor vetting of candidates !

Posted on: 2014/10/18 3:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
He should have been fired. This militant racist is still on the government dole. Cunningham fired him and Fulop should have done the same. Let's not forget there's the phony charity that needs some serious auditing.

Militant even!

Posted on: 2014/10/18 3:40

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
Old-Skool-JC wrote:
B-b-but surely you bear some responsibility, as you funded Fulop with your two checks.[/quo

That's what you take away from this? A friend of mine works with the administration and I bought tickets to Fulop's rackets. Went to one at Puccinis. Was at the Zepplin Hall on election night.
I just never bought into the whole cult of personality that surrounds him. He's just another Hudson County politician.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
B-b-but surely you bear some responsibility, as you funded Fulop with your two checks.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 23:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
He should have been fired. This militant racist is still on the government dole. Cunningham fired him and Fulop should have done the same. Let's not forget there's the phony charity that needs some serious auditing.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Akil may have resigned, but according to the Jersey Journal, he's still on the payroll:

Excerpt: Jersey Journal

Akil will likely remain on the city payroll. He had a civil service position before Fulop promoted him to the powerful chief of staff last year.

Source

This is because it's nearly impossible to fire city employees. I think the guy who installed the BBQ at work also remains on the payroll.

I'm happy because the racist was removed from a big position of power. The good guys won. I don't think more is possible unless the tenure type laws for these guys were changed.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 18:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Akil may have resigned, but according to the Jersey Journal, he's still on the payroll:

Akil will likely remain on the city payroll. He had a civil service position before Fulop promoted him to the powerful chief of staff last year.

Source

Akil will remain on the city payroll. Before Fulop promoted him last year, Akil had a civil-service position, making about $85,000 a year as a systems analyst with the health department. City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said Akil will return to his old title and salary.

What a joke!

Posted on: 2014/10/16 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Source

and? Did you expect the city to fire him? LOL he would have sued and won.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Source

Posted on: 2014/10/16 17:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
In Jersey City, Akil out and Albiez in as Fulop?s COS

Politicker NJ
By Max Pizarro At 10/16/14 11:08am

Drubbed over racially tinged comments he made in the 1990s, Jersey City Mayor Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil today announced his resignation.

?Effective immediately, I am resigning as Chief of Staff of the City of Jersey City,? Akil said in a statement. ?Comments I made as a college student twenty years ago were recently reported in the media as if they reflect my current thinking. This is simply untrue. Throughout my personal life and professional career, I have worked on behalf of individuals from all beliefs and backgrounds. However, these comments made two decades ago have become a distraction to the administration and all the important work that City employees undertake daily.

?I would like to thank Mayor Fulop for giving me the honor to serve as his Chief of Staff,? Akil added. ?As a dedicated public servant, I will continue to work in all communities to improve the quality of life for Jersey City residents.?

Now serving as Fulop?s deputy chief of staff, Mark Albiez will serve as Chief of Staff effective Friday, Oct. 17.

Beginning in 2003 as a Program Coordinator with the Jersey City Department of Recreation, Albiez later assumed the role of Chief of Staff to New Jersey Assemblyman Ruben Ramos, Jr. in 2008. He later began working for State Senator Brian P. Stack as Chief of Staff, focusing on constituent services, drafting of legislation, legislative processes, and interaction with government offices, public agencies and members of the media.

http://politickernj.com/2014/10/in-je ... -albiez-in-as-fulops-cos/

Once Fulop brought Albiez in it was only a matter of time before Akil was out. Making Akil chief of staff was paying a political debt, however, it was clear that Akil was incapable of handling the job.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Pebble, you are seriously embarrassing yourself here. It is clear you have no clue what you're talking about. You didn't even comprehend your own link.

I didn?t bother reading the rest because nothing you wrote here makes a bit of sense. You don?t understand your own false arguments. You don?t understand logical fallacies.

When you choose to discuss the actual issue without resorting to nonexistent examples, maybe I?ll consider what you are putting forward. Until then, it is not remotely close to being worth my time.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pebble, everytime, some priest at a pulpit attacked the Nazi during the war, some convent, priest, or religious group were seized by the government. The way the church helped by hiding Jews in Catholic institutions or provide passage to leave the country. http://www.catholic.com/documents/how-pius-xii-protected-jews
Here is another article:http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/p ... housands-of-jews-1.300589

Right. So the Catholic Church wasn?t really apologizing for doing nothing during WWII? Sorry, but the fact is, even the Church knew it was part of the problem. If they didn?t they don?t apologize.

I will not read articles from Catholic.com about what Catholics did. It is a propaganda website.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Wow, the backpeddling and double standard present here from some of you fools is astounding. Lord knows if (strawman alert Pebbles!!) Akil were a.) a white guy or b.) a republican, or c.) both; all of you clowns would have a field day until the jerk was fired.

Don't believe me? See how many posts and ridiculous posts there are for something like Christie's Bridgegate non-scandal. Yes, it's a different topic, but the logic applies. He's a white Republican and some of you useful idiots dragged it on for hundreds and hundreds of posts when GASP, no evidence was found connecting him. Not a single shred. Yet some of you continue, because you guys "just know it" to be true!

Akil should be fired because, again, under the logic of the crazy lefties on here, once a racist, always a racist. And Steve's skeletons need to be front and center in the news, not just his shiny marketing campaigns.

I have no idea how you case that Christie?s Bridge issue is a non-scandal when it was proven out that it was a form of political retribution. Whether Christie knew about it or not, the event was unequivocally a scandal.

If you want an example of what to do in these scenarios, try Robert Byrd. The man was a member of the Klan. While it could be easily stated that it took him too long to ?grow up,? when the man finally did, he worked to reverse the mistakes he made in his earlier years. Somehow, as a white guy, he wasn?t forced to leave politics.

Nobody on any side is stating whether or not Akil is or is not a racist now. Nobody but Akil knows with certainty. If he is, I wonder how anybody he works with tolerates him.

It is certainly fun to create arguments like ?he crazy lefties on here, once a racist, always a racist?. That doesn?t make it a remotely valid argument due to a paucity of facts?

Posted on: 2014/10/16 16:07
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In Jersey City, Akil out and Albiez in as Fulop?s COS

Politicker NJ
By Max Pizarro At 10/16/14 11:08am

Drubbed over racially tinged comments he made in the 1990s, Jersey City Mayor Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil today announced his resignation.

?Effective immediately, I am resigning as Chief of Staff of the City of Jersey City,? Akil said in a statement. ?Comments I made as a college student twenty years ago were recently reported in the media as if they reflect my current thinking. This is simply untrue. Throughout my personal life and professional career, I have worked on behalf of individuals from all beliefs and backgrounds. However, these comments made two decades ago have become a distraction to the administration and all the important work that City employees undertake daily.

?I would like to thank Mayor Fulop for giving me the honor to serve as his Chief of Staff,? Akil added. ?As a dedicated public servant, I will continue to work in all communities to improve the quality of life for Jersey City residents.?

Now serving as Fulop?s deputy chief of staff, Mark Albiez will serve as Chief of Staff effective Friday, Oct. 17.

Beginning in 2003 as a Program Coordinator with the Jersey City Department of Recreation, Albiez later assumed the role of Chief of Staff to New Jersey Assemblyman Ruben Ramos, Jr. in 2008. He later began working for State Senator Brian P. Stack as Chief of Staff, focusing on constituent services, drafting of legislation, legislative processes, and interaction with government offices, public agencies and members of the media.

http://politickernj.com/2014/10/in-je ... -albiez-in-as-fulops-cos/

Posted on: 2014/10/16 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
Sources: Jersey City?s Akil to leave chief-of-staff job

Politicker NJ
By Max Pizarro At 10/15/14 10:09pm

An embattled Muhammad Akil, chief of staff to Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, will leave his current job in City Hall, sources say.

Akil got into trouble a week ago when The Jersey Journal reported on racially insensitive comments he made in the past.

A civil servant, Akil will return to the public job he had prior to becoming Fulop?s chief-of-staff, sources say.

http://politickernj.com/2014/10/sourc ... leave-chief-of-staff-job/

Thank God. It's like Fulop has been reading this board and reacting appropriately.

I'm happy with his moves today.

Posted on: 2014/10/16 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sources: Jersey City?s Akil to leave chief-of-staff job

Politicker NJ
By Max Pizarro At 10/15/14 10:09pm

An embattled Muhammad Akil, chief of staff to Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, will leave his current job in City Hall, sources say.

Akil got into trouble a week ago when The Jersey Journal reported on racially insensitive comments he made in the past.

A civil servant, Akil will return to the public job he had prior to becoming Fulop?s chief-of-staff, sources say.

http://politickernj.com/2014/10/sourc ... leave-chief-of-staff-job/

Posted on: 2014/10/16 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I have not defended this dude.
I believe more that Akil could change his mind over 25 years than Sameastheoldboss changed his mind over the course of little more than a year.
If he is corrupt, let's see an investigation. I'm all for rooting out corruption.
What steps are the people who discovered the fake charity taking to put this before a court. Without action this is all just mudslinging, however worthy.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Again, congratulations on your stunning victory, I am completely shut down. Take all the delight you need while avoiding the point i made, that sameastheoldboss is a blatant troll and shill for the old guard. Instead, deflect and call me a troll and a shill.
Who am I shilling for? Fulop? Boss Hague?

I'd invite you to join my trivia team at 9C but the gay black host might be too much for you.

Finally you have the gall to question my intellectual worth after making the common mistake of conflating knowledge and intelligence, showing you have neither in the process.

TLDR - A snapple can fact doth not an intellectual make.

Not surprisingly, you're being the troll. Yet again.

The issue is why Fulop is keeping this racist as his chief of staff. A secondary issue is his potential misuse of Akil's alleged phony charity.

You are trying to deflect from the issues by going ad hominem, as is your custom, and attacking the messenger, while conveniently ignoring the message.

And of course, the fact that you have posted comments defending the rabid gay basher remains amusing as ever.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Again, congratulations on your stunning victory, I am completely shut down. Take all the delight you need while avoiding the point i made, that sameastheoldboss is a blatant troll and shill for the old guard. Instead, deflect and call me a troll and a shill.
Who am I shilling for? Fulop? Boss Hague?

I'd invite you to join my trivia team at 9C but the gay black host might be too much for you.

Finally you have the gall to question my intellectual worth after making the common mistake of conflating knowledge and intelligence, showing you have neither in the process.

TLDR - A snapple can fact doth not an intellectual make.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:

Anyway, what exactly is this Hilter that while people have in them? Is it some kind of slow muscle twitch fiber?

It's a penchant for terrible mustaches, coordinating uniforms and odd salutes.

Come on...if ya can't laugh from time to time, you might be the problem lol.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 14:33

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017