Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Jersey City marketing campaign: ‘Make It Yours’
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Also, last time I checked bayonne was not in GV or BL but whatever...

I think you guys are getting distracted with the meaning of the term "luxury."

I could live in a luxurious palace in Africa, surrounded by crime and Ebola. Doesn't mean I'd want to live there.

Why would a man who is clearly a racist, a bigot and despise blacks want to live in Africa? LOL You guys make this too ez.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

I think you guys are getting distracted with the meaning of the term "luxury."

I could live in a luxurious palace in Africa, surrounded by crime and Ebola. Doesn't mean I'd want to live there.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

My point was they are offering a jitney bus to Journal Square, with stainless steel appliances and a fire pit. LMAO which makes it luxury. Some idiot will rent it, perhaps one of your cousins but that's none of my business.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/14 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I find people who grew up dirt poor use the term "Luxury" when describing their apts, which happens to have stainless steel appliances woohoo!!. Give me a break! I live in a luxury house which has all those things you described, including a gym, stainless steel appliances, parking, hard wood floors, a double deck. a master suite and front yard cafe. Whatever makes you guys feel better than me.. LOL Continue.

Negative. This misconception is only perpetrated by those who do not live in luxury buildings. First let me say that I am not claiming to be better than anyone. I am just stating facts and the fact is the neighborhood I live in - Paulus Hook is more desirable (more in demand by buyers), priced at a higher per sq ft, and safer than GV and BL.

Those are facts which can be substantiated, as I have in many posts, with objective data - you know numbers. Not the subjective "but its so bland, and blah blah blah" that no buyer gives 2 cents about and values more than location and safety and resale value.

Second, luxury is subjective - true. But no one would argue that a concierge building with amenities like a gym, pool, dog park, theater room, etc is not luxurious. It is easier to spot what is not luxury than what is luxury.

Third point - a luxury building (and I mean the entire building) with everything I have mentioned in GV and BL will sell for less than a 1 br penthouse in a luxury building in DTJC. Another fact.

And to the other poster who says I have never been to GV and BL - that is true. I thought that was a given since I am still alive but whatever.

OK I will play, you're an idiot but anyway. Here is a article about a luxury rentals in Bayonne...Need I say more, a joke. Only thing that you said that I would I agree with that is luxury is the word itself other than that you live in apt complex period, but continue. Since you never been to Greenville you don't know that we also have "luxury" apts here is well which I would never, ever live in. Anywhere outside of Jersey City, these are called standard apartments with some perks. in Dallas, Texas these apts are standard and most would not call them "Luxury" However if you grew up in a trailer park I understand your confusion.

If you're saying that GV is a more desirable neighborhood than Paulus Hook or even more objective - that homes in PH don't command a higher price per sq ft than homes in GV than I am not the idiot. In fact, you should visit the ER right now.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I find people who grew up dirt poor use the term "Luxury" when describing their apts, which happens to have stainless steel appliances woohoo!!. Give me a break! I live in a luxury house which has all those things you described, including a gym, stainless steel appliances, parking, hard wood floors, a double deck. a master suite and front yard cafe. Whatever makes you guys feel better than me.. LOL Continue.

Negative. This misconception is only perpetrated by those who do not live in luxury buildings. First let me say that I am not claiming to be better than anyone. I am just stating facts and the fact is the neighborhood I live in - Paulus Hook is more desirable (more in demand by buyers), priced at a higher per sq ft, and safer than GV and BL.

Those are facts which can be substantiated, as I have in many posts, with objective data - you know numbers. Not the subjective "but its so bland, and blah blah blah" that no buyer gives 2 cents about and values more than location and safety and resale value.

Second, luxury is subjective - true. But no one would argue that a concierge building with amenities like a gym, pool, dog park, theater room, etc is not luxurious. It is easier to spot what is not luxury than what is luxury.

Third point - a luxury building (and I mean the entire building) with everything I have mentioned in GV and BL will sell for less than a 1 br penthouse in a luxury building in DTJC. Another fact.

And to the other poster who says I have never been to GV and BL - that is true. I thought that was a given since I am still alive but whatever.

OK I will play, you're an idiot but anyway. Here is a article about a luxury rentals in Bayonne...Need I say more, a joke. Only thing that you said that I would I agree with that is luxury is the word itself other than that you live in apt complex period, but continue. Since you never been to Greenville you don't know that we also have "luxury" apts here is well which I would never, ever live in. Anywhere outside of Jersey City, these are called standard apartments with some perks. in Dallas, Texas these apts are standard and most would not call them "Luxury" However if you grew up in a trailer park I understand your confusion.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/14 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Again with this debate. Compared to the majority of other residences (in JC and elsewhere), luxury apartment buildings have a doorman, amenities like gyms, tennis courts, movie rooms etc. which some in DTJC/Newport have. Just because they don't have gold plated doorways, etc. doesn't mean it's luxury; there are degrees of it, you know.

Get over yourselves and your insecurities. There are "luxury" buildings in DTJC, so give it a rest. Just ignorant haters.

Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/business ... lacement=2&pgtype=article

Picture of corner of Communipaw and Westside (I think) in today's NYT. One image includes - Cheap Chinese, Cluck-U, Blimpie and 99 cent store. Is this a coincidence in an article concerning a worldwide phenomenon?

I believe there are those type of places on every block in GV and BL.

DTJC offers luxury condo/rental living
Heights offers more space for your dollar
Journal Square offers ethnic food a good investment
Newport offers unobstructed views of Manhattan

What exactly does BL and GV offer besides crime and more crime? I think it's totally right for the make it yours campaign to have most scenes filmed in the orderly neighborhoods of JC

Again with the "luxury" thing. Dude, does the word "luxury" denote that you have air conditioning? You throw that word around so loosely it has no meaning at all.

Fine fine. By your definition I live in a luxury building. I'll remind my sister of that the next time she visits and asks "does anyone ever pick up their dog crap in this town?"

Posted on: 2014/10/14 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
LMAO @ luxury.. HA! I was born in the morning, but not this morning. There is a sucker had in JC every month. Continue.

I forget, "luxury" in other parts of JC denotes simply freedom from whizzing bullets on the regular. In JC, that appears to be a real luxury!

Posted on: 2014/10/14 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Again with this debate. Compared to the majority of other residences (in JC and elsewhere), luxury apartment buildings have a doorman, amenities like gyms, tennis courts, movie rooms etc. which some in DTJC/Newport have. Just because they don't have gold plated doorways, etc. doesn't mean it's luxury; there are degrees of it, you know.

Get over yourselves and your insecurities. There are "luxury" buildings in DTJC, so give it a rest. Just ignorant haters.

Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

Picture of corner of Communipaw and Westside (I think) in today's NYT. One image includes - Cheap Chinese, Cluck-U, Blimpie and 99 cent store. Is this a coincidence in an article concerning a worldwide phenomenon?

What exactly does BL and GV offer besides crime and more crime? I think it's totally right for the make it yours campaign to have most scenes filmed in the orderly neighborhoods of JC

Again with the "luxury" thing. Dude, does the word "luxury" denote that you have air conditioning? You throw that word around so loosely it has no meaning at all.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 15:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/12 4:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Spoken by someone who has probably never set a foot into Greenville. Greenville is more than just Ocean Avenue and MLK Drive, you know.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
LMAO @ luxury.. HA! I was born in the morning, but not this morning. There is a sucker had in JC every month. Continue.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The Crown Fried chicken on Communipaw was where Bobby Baccala shot the rapper 'in the fleshy part of the thigh' on The Soprano's! They changed the name on the building, but you can see the Rodriguez Brothers bodega across the street.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I was addicted to Cluck U back in the day.. mmm good stuff.

Oh hell yeah. Local fried chicken joints make friend chicken waaaaaay better than places like KFC, which is so dry and bland. Kennedy Fried and Cluck You. I miss Chicken Delight on Central Ave

Posted on: 2014/10/14 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was addicted to Cluck U back in the day.. mmm good stuff.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

It's West Side, not Westside. And, indeed, that is a shot (facing Northeast) of the corner of Communipaw Avenue and West Side Avenue. South of there, you have what many consider to be the best burger in all of JC: New Park Tavern. And, that Cluck-U is surprisingly good. I have tried it two or three times.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/10/14 12:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

no JCAST listings this weekend, Friday, Saturday or Sunday on the events calendar either.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
2 new Jersey City websites:

http://jcmakeityours.com

http://www.destinationjerseycity.com

Interesting, no Bergen Lafayette? So according to this site BL is not a neighborhood/Section of the city and has been thrown under the GreenVille umbrella. Thanks!

Posted on: 2014/10/14 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
2 new Jersey City websites:

http://jcmakeityours.com

http://www.destinationjerseycity.com

Interesting, no Bergen Lafayette? So according to this site BL is not a neighborhood/Section of the city and has been thrown under the GreenVille umbrella. Thanks!

Posted on: 2014/10/14 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
You are absolutely correct, JSleeze, but you are comparing the 1930s to 2014. In the 1930s, Jersey City had large families, five children were considered average but some families did have ten or more children. Today a household might be one person plus his/her pet. And every household requires their own housing unit. People in the 1930s, with the Depression on, did not buy cars, besides the trolley system was all over town. Class size was large; it wasn?t unusual to have 50 plus students in a classroom. I knew some teaching nuns who told me in the 1970s about their large student population 40 years earlier. Large populations also happened in public schools in the 1930s. Those class sizes would be illegal today. JSleeze, you should be comparing household numbers of the past with household numbers of today which is different than population. If you want to compare history then read old copies of the Jersey Journal during the 1930s and 1940s, people actually put notices in the paper announcing when they would be on vacation. Today, that would be an invitation to rob your house.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If this campaign brings in 10,000 new residents, let's say 2,000 will be children which means we need new schools, teachers, and parks. Perhaps, there will be 3,000 cars on our streets and 8,000 people taking the PATH. JC is 14 square miles, Newark is 24 square miles. There is a reason they are the largest city, they have more land. There is no purpose of bringing over more people unless we can accommodate them, especially when it comes to building new schools and hiring more teachers. New structures will be tax abated leaving the burden of new schools on regular taxpayers.

In 1930, when you were in high school Yvonne, Jersey City had 316,715 people - about 60,000 more than now. Even in 1960, when people were much more dependent on the car than in 1930 (and probably as much as today) there were 276,000 people - 20,000 more than now. So - What. Is. Your. Point? It's like you wake up every morning and try to figure out new ways to show anyone who will listen just how dense you are.

You speculated that 8,000 adults would move in and every single one of them would take the PATH. At the same time they are (presumably) in the city, their 3,000 cars will be roaming the streets of JC unmanned.

And while every single adult who moves here will be taking the PATH,not one of them will be staying home to raise their 2,000 children. Not one. (Fortunately, the number of school aged kids that would come along with 8,000 adults moving into new rental bldgs. oriented to commuting into the city would be less than 500, probably way less, many studies have shown.

Younger people aren't as (and don't want to be to nearly the same extent) dependent on cars. This is widely documented in press that doesn't rely on parchment paper for distribution.

Posted on: 2014/10/13 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/12 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
This marketing campaign just follows in the footsteps of Fulop's MO: he's made JC his own personal PR and marketing leaping pad to the governors race.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
If this campaign brings in 10,000 new residents, let's say 2,000 will be children which means we need new schools, teachers, and parks. Perhaps, there will be 3,000 cars on our streets and 8,000 people taking the PATH. JC is 14 square miles, Newark is 24 square miles. There is a reason they are the largest city, they have more land. There is no purpose of bringing over more people unless we can accommodate them, especially when it comes to building new schools and hiring more teachers. New structures will be tax abated leaving the burden of new schools on regular taxpayers.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/ ... lash.html?ref=todayspaper

Here's another way to bring people to JC for a visit. Yvonne, since you appear to be our Nuncio, is there anything afoot?

Posted on: 2014/10/12 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Such a good shot of the Goldman Sachs building, you can't see the scaffolding surrounding it that's been there forever.

the city should force goldman sachs to remove the scaffolding or replace it with something morepleasant/permanent

The scaffolding on HCCC @ Journal Square has been there forever, the city shows how much it gives a F&%*!

Posted on: 2014/10/12 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Such a good shot of the Goldman Sachs building, you can't see the scaffolding surrounding it that's been there forever.

the city should force goldman sachs to remove the scaffolding or replace it with something morepleasant/permanent

Posted on: 2014/10/12 15:44

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017