Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Re: Jersey City marketing campaign: ‘Make It Yours’
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I saw one of these Jersey City Make it Yours on the G train of all places. You know, the subway that doesn't even go to Manhattan.

Posted on: 2014/10/30 2:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/8 21:30
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Has it worked yet?? Do we have more residents than Newark now?? Did we win?????

Posted on: 2014/10/30 1:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/13 20:45
From Riverview Fisk
Group:
Registered Users
Is this video part of the official campaign? It's about the Heights and has a similar production value and look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSbKAcx1vQ

Posted on: 2014/10/28 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:
The advertising campaign is not designed around making those that live here feel better about where they live. It is designed to bring people with the type of money and lifestyle that is portrayed in the ad.

Yes, I got that - loud and clear. As the mayor said in his interview, "There's a place for the old timers."

But I suspect what you'll hear next is the balking from all of those "beautiful" people when they move to this fine city and realize it is NOTHING like the ad portrayed. Nor, based upon my 16 years in the area, will it ever be. I"m willing to lose that bet, but I don't think I'm going to.

Bottom line, it's great on optics, it makes the movers and shakers in this town look super cool and hip, but they'll be gone in a flash - onto the places that are really cooler and hipper.

I don't actually agree with you that the town is "nothing like the ad portrayed." I've had several nights like that and when I take friends from out of town around downtown, our nights can be kind of like that. I like great food and I like the bars we have.

Heck, the Knicks and Mets advertise for people to go watch their games live. That doesn't mean that every time you show up the teams will play exciting, winning basketball or baseball. Heck, most of the time the Knicks and Mets are downright dreadful to watch.

I will add the caveat that the people moving in are doing so because they can't afford the places that "are really cooler and hipper." There are exceptions, but the ad will attract some eyeballs and some people, who are getting tight on funds, may look to make the jump.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 15:33
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:
The advertising campaign is not designed around making those that live here feel better about where they live. It is designed to bring people with the type of money and lifestyle that is portrayed in the ad.

Yes, I got that - loud and clear. As the mayor said in his interview, "There's a place for the old timers."

But I suspect what you'll hear next is the balking from all of those "beautiful" people when they move to this fine city and realize it is NOTHING like the ad portrayed. Nor, based upon my 16 years in the area, will it ever be. I"m willing to lose that bet, but I don't think I'm going to.

Bottom line, it's great on optics, it makes the movers and shakers in this town look super cool and hip, but they'll be gone in a flash - onto the places that are really cooler and hipper.

I thought the portrayal was generally in tune with the downtown area.

I recognize that there was an effort to show clips from other parts of the city as well, but these clips also showed a vibe that is more true to the downtown area. In that sense, it was a bit misleading I suppose. But most people who are interested in the "optics" as you say are going to move to the DT area anyway.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

Bubble_Tea wrote:

Wow!!! I would love to see the full 1960s promotional video. Anyone know where to get that?

I posted this cool video before... it was in a JJ Political Insider column by Agustin C. Torres on April 20, 2013.

Amazing. Thank you!!!!

Posted on: 2014/10/28 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/10/27 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
JCMan8 wrote: Quote:
hero69 wrote: subway service can be erratic as well, and nyc subway service on weekends and late nite often wreaks
That's true but the PA already said they were going to have to close the 33rd st line for Sandy repairs after the weekend WTC work is finished. I have a feeling many people would never move here if they knew that. That's what I mean about this marketing campaign possibly being deceptive and bait and switch.
Bait and switch would be if the ad campaign was centered around JC?s access to NYC. That doesn?t appear to be the case. Quote:
jerseymom wrote: Quote:
i like thefact that jc is taking a more pro-active approach to marketing itself.
Listen, the city is entering into a much more marketing-savvy era - and that's a great thing. It's nice to see that level of sophistication and care going in to a very slick campaign. However, I really think this particular campaign missed the mark. All the best parts of my life happened in this city - I was married here, had my children here, grew my small business here - but I don't feel like I see myself and others like me that have put their blood, sweat, and tears to support and improve their communities promoted in this ad at all (and that's likely the point, eh?). It's like JC is looking at itself in one of those store mirrors that makes you look skinnier - or that perfect lighting in a bathroom that erases all the wrinkles. Everything that makes JC such a unique place - the neighborhoods - the diversity - the wonderful patchwork quilt of nations that makes us great has been obliterated from the ad. Only fabulous, shiny, happy people who really (really) like to drink and eat fabulously are portrayed. It just doesn't feel like the city I know.
It is the city that some people know. It is the city that the people they are trying to attract would be interested in. The advertising campaign is not designed around making those that live here feel better about where they live. It is designed to bring people with the type of money and lifestyle that is portrayed in the ad. Quote:
donnajc65 wrote: Jersey Mom, right on!! Its like they hired a firm who didn't know the city to promote the city, but that firm had to rely on the Brooke Hansen and the other clueless youngster in the mayors office to teach them about the city. But the only thing they know, is the city that the mayor knows which is Downtown!!
Are you seriously arguing that the only thing Brooke Hansen, non-resident of downtown, knows is downtown?? Quote:
Yvonne wrote: If this campaign brings in 10,000 new residents, let's say 2,000 will be children which means we need new schools, teachers, and parks. Perhaps, there will be 3,000 cars on our streets and 8,000 people taking the PATH. JC is 14 square miles, Newark is 24 square miles. There is a reason they are the largest city, they have more land. There is no purpose of bringing over more people unless we can accommodate them, especially when it comes to building new schools and hiring more teachers. New structures will be tax abated leaving the burden of new schools on regular taxpayers.
The advertisement isn?t aimed at people with children. Maybe you should view it and learn about the target audience. Quote:
nyrgravey9 wrote: This marketing campaign just follows in the footsteps of Fulop's MO: he's made JC his own personal PR and marketing leaping pad to the governors race.
?just like the fatass we have as governor now used Sandy (and Sandy funds) to market himself. Quote:
paulushooker wrote:

NJTV News: Longtime Locals Not Impressed With New Jersey City Promotional Campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py9Xa5pugWY&spfreload=10

?They only show you the good parts of Jersey City?? ?They only show the downtown portion that?s safe?? Really..? People are surprised that an advertising campaign shows a positive spin on the town? Are these people also surprised when McDonalds and Burger King doesn?t advertise all of the chemicals and fat in their burgers? I think my favorite part was the first woman they asked; an old, obese woman. I think that?s the exact person that the JC advertisers should have consulted first. We definitely need to sell to the world what she finds great.

Posted on: 2014/10/27 16:34
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bubble_Tea wrote:

Wow!!! I would love to see the full 1960s promotional video. Anyone know where to get that?

I posted this cool video before... it was in a JJ Political Insider column by Agustin C. Torres on April 20, 2013.

Posted on: 2014/10/24 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
user1111 wrote: Quote:
paulushooker wrote:

NJTV News: Longtime Locals Not Impressed With New Jersey City Promotional Campaign

High Taxes for the Heights, Greenville, Bergen Lafayette, and no Taxes for the downtown newbies.. This will be the death of Jersey City. 2016 cant come soon enough.

Posted on: 2014/10/24 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
paulushooker wrote:

High Taxes for the Heights, Greenville, Bergen Lafayette, and no Taxes for the downtown newbies.. This will be the death of Jersey City. 2016 cant come soon enough.

Posted on: 2014/10/24 19:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/27 23:02
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/24 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

by bodhipooh on 2014/10/14 9:16:52

... South of there, you have what many consider to be the best burger in all of JC: New Park Tavern. ...

If Homer Simpson had a New Park burger he'd give up donuts forever, though he'd still be chugging his Duff's.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 13:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
The real problem Steven has is not under construction is his, nothing everything you see when you drive the city was started, approved before the election. The KRE Journal Square project was a started, approved and funded by the prior administration. Steven can take credit for giving them the most lucrative tax abatement in the city's history! Steven has become shameless at taking credit for other peoples work.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Oh, I agree 100% on this one.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

It's as if this guy was hand picked by the Democratic party. So give the voters some credit, as these outcomes appear predetermined.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
How's Babs Buono these days?

Posted on: 2014/10/14 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
The property developers should pay for the promotion. It's not really benefiting anyone else.

Quote:

kencares wrote:
1.2 million dollars that Fulop used for his own self promotion.

It's the same old tired Christie/Bloomberg/Giuliani trick - tell people over and over about the "miracle" you wrought, use it as a springboard to the next thing. In a couple of years Fulop will be talking about how he "transformed" JC, ignoring the inevitable market forces that really made it happen. Nothing new goin' on here.

Except he can't even claim he transformed JC. Most of DTJC was built before he got here. So what, he added 4-5 new apartment buildings, really?

The rest of JC (GV/BL especially) is still a crime ridden shit hole. If he can show he made significant progress (which ill define as an increase in new business and residences, a reduction of crime and more efficient mass transit) across ALL of JC, then maybe he can hang a shingle on it.

Until then, the Cory Booker method (a la put enough shine on it to get me elected) will have to do to fool all of these useful idiots in Hudson County.

I think the method is simply win by default. Did you see who Cory Booker's Republican opponent is in the upcoming senate race?

Some guy who was born in DC, spent the past 30 years living in VA, and only rented a home in Leonia this past February so he could run in NJ. Oh yeah, and he supports a ban on abortion in all cases, including rape or incest. I'm sure that will go over real well with NJ voters.

It's bizarre how the NJ Republicans seem to go out of their way to put the worst candidates forward to ensure they won't win elections. It's as if this guy was hand picked by the Democratic party.

So give the voters some credit, as these outcomes appear predetermined.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
The property developers should pay for the promotion. It's not really benefiting anyone else.

Quote:

kencares wrote:

It's the same old tired Christie/Bloomberg/Giuliani trick - tell people over and over about the "miracle" you wrought, use it as a springboard to the next thing. In a couple of years Fulop will be talking about how he "transformed" JC, ignoring the inevitable market forces that really made it happen. Nothing new goin' on here.

Except he can't even claim he transformed JC. Most of DTJC was built before he got here. So what, he added 4-5 new apartment buildings, really?

The rest of JC (GV/BL especially) is still a crime ridden shit hole. If he can show he made significant progress (which ill define as an increase in new business and residences, a reduction of crime and more efficient mass transit) across ALL of JC, then maybe he can hang a shingle on it.

Until then, the Cory Booker method (a la put enough shine on it to get me elected) will have to do to fool all of these useful idiots in Hudson County.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Quote:

kencares wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

kencares wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Yes its true I am better than most of you.

All that matters, is that you believe it, darlin'.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes its true I am better than most of you.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/12 4:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
safety which BL and GV is not.

That's such a blanketed statement.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

LMAO! call me whatever, you and your home boys are all racist. Everyone here knows it, I am just speaking it. Thanks for playing boo.

Nice try, but no. What people on here DO know, however, is that you live in a city you despise. You talk shit about every other part of JC to make you feel better about your ghetto palace out of some misguided jealousy for those who live better than you, all under the guise that "you chose" to live amongst filth. Your jealousy is astounding, and always entertaining to watch. Always.

But, keep playing that same old broken record, love. We all enjoy it, truly.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Also, last time I checked bayonne was not in GV or BL but whatever...

I think you guys are getting distracted with the meaning of the term "luxury."

I could live in a luxurious palace in Africa, surrounded by crime and Ebola. Doesn't mean I'd want to live there.

Why would a man who is clearly a racist, a bigot and despise blacks want to live in Africa? LOL You guys make this too ez.

Buddy, the "racist" thing is getting old and tired. Give it up already. We know it's the easy out when you've failed miserably on an intellectual level. We know you hate all of JC except the ghetto palace you've built for yourself, and that's fine.

But, seriously. The boy who cried wolf racism crap is really getting old.

Funny how the racist on this board hate to be called racist. Continue.

Funny how the intellectually deviod jerkoffs on this board have no position other than "RACISTS!!"

Continue, asswipe.

LMAO! call me whatever, you and your home boys are all racist. Everyone here knows it, I am just speaking it. Thanks for playing boo.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

I could live in a luxurious palace in Africa, surrounded by crime and Ebola. Doesn't mean I'd want to live there.

Why would a man who is clearly a racist, a bigot and despise blacks want to live in Africa? LOL You guys make this too ez.

Buddy, the "racist" thing is getting old and tired. Give it up already. We know it's the easy out when you've failed miserably on an intellectual level. We know you hate all of JC except the ghetto palace you've built for yourself, and that's fine.

Funny how the intellectually deviod jerkoffs on this board have no position other than "RACISTS!!"

Continue, asswipe.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

User might be but I am not. At the end of the day, location is everything for buyers and even to renters - although convenience factors in hugely for renters. You know what is also important for renters and buyers - safety which BL and GV is not.

I think what I am most angry about at the end of the day is when potential new residents come and ask "Is this area safe?", the next question should be "Is it in GV and Bl?" and then if someone answers in the affirmative, then the response should be "no.."

Current residents saying anything else is just misleading at best and criminally negligent at worst.

Resized Image

Thanks for playing though.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

User might be but I am not. At the end of the day, location is everything for buyers and even to renters - although convenience factors in hugely for renters. You know what is also important for renters and buyers - safety which BL and GV is not.

I think what I am most angry about at the end of the day is when potential new residents come and ask "Is this area safe?", the next question should be "Is it in GV and Bl?" and then if someone answers in the affirmative, then the response should be "no.."

Current residents saying anything else is just misleading at best and criminally negligent at worst.

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:14

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017