Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

Re: CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/11/11 1:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
No, the only idiot here is you.

Kaci fought for her rights. She refused to be quarantined without any evidence and as it turns out she was right. She does not have Ebola, never had. If she had been a total sheep like you and submitted herself to the whims of politics, she would have been truly an idiot because she would have done it for NOTHING.

It's a good thing she's not you. Its' good for her, and it's good for the country.

As for your Obama rant, what's that now? The millionth rant about Obama for no apparent reason? Oh noes! Winter is coming and it's all Obama's fault!

Posted on: 2014/11/11 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Nothing INSANE about the comment except your hyperbole. What's INSANE is the $6 billion Obama requested to solve the crisis AFTER he got his ass-whipped in the elections. $6 billion - while he supported Hickox and pretended everything was under control. With $6 billion in his pocket - he doesn't need typhoid marys, nor maverick med volunteers like Hickox.

That $6 billion might mitigate the potential thousands of deaths in West Africa.

INSANE? Don't think so. Point is moot though now we've got $6 billion on the table. Nice price for Hickox's "liberty".

(btw - Let's hear more of your anal-retentive b/s please. It's getting pretty comical.)

WTF are you babbling about? Seriously, you seem so desperate to make a political point when any sane American can see that there was nothing political to what Kaci did. If you are so adamant to frame her for something she doesn't have, I suggest you go self quarantine yourself right now because we are afraid of something you do have: insanity.

Personally I think it's cruel to crazy folks but you seem to be begging for it so who am I to argue.

Kaci was simply an idiot. It was Obama, not me, that tried to make political capital and lost. I view the $6 billion request AFTER the elections as admitting his mistake. Have someone connect the dots for you: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/ima ... cXydXl5tsCHUp7jeAyJGdno75

Posted on: 2014/11/10 23:46

Edited by dtjcview on 2014/11/11 0:01:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Some numbers to digest. Of the $6 billion Obama requested, $2 billion or so is earmarked for tackling Ebola in the US. To put that in perspective, that's enough funding to provide:

- treatment for 6666 people with full-blown Ebola in the US at $300k/person
- home monitoring for 20 million people @ $100/per person - if the CNN link is credible - see http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/opinion ... index.html?iref=allsearch

I'm very curious... What exactly are you criticizing him for? Did he not ask for the money fast enough for you? Did he ask for too much money?

Timing. Flip or flop. Take your pick.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Nothing INSANE about the comment except your hyperbole. What's INSANE is the $6 billion Obama requested to solve the crisis AFTER he got his ass-whipped in the elections. $6 billion - while he supported Hickox and pretended everything was under control. With $6 billion in his pocket - he doesn't need typhoid marys, nor maverick med volunteers like Hickox.

That $6 billion might mitigate the potential thousands of deaths in West Africa.

INSANE? Don't think so. Point is moot though now we've got $6 billion on the table. Nice price for Hickox's "liberty".

(btw - Let's hear more of your anal-retentive b/s please. It's getting pretty comical.)

WTF are you babbling about? Seriously, you seem so desperate to make a political point when any sane American can see that there was nothing political to what Kaci did. If you are so adamant to frame her for something she doesn't have, I suggest you go self quarantine yourself right now because we are afraid of something you do have: insanity.

Personally I think it's cruel to crazy folks but you seem to be begging for it so who am I to argue.

Posted on: 2014/11/10 23:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Some numbers to digest. Of the $6 billion Obama requested, $2 billion or so is earmarked for tackling Ebola in the US. To put that in perspective, that's enough funding to provide:

- home monitoring for 20 million people @ $100/per person - if the CNN link is credible - see http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/opinion ... index.html?iref=allsearch

I'm very curious... What exactly are you criticizing him for? Did he not ask for the money fast enough for you? Did he ask for too much money?

Posted on: 2014/11/10 17:07
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/7 3:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
You're right. I have zero respect for those who say remarkably dumb things. Guess where you fit in that picture?

Here, let me paint it for you:

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Hickox herself may have executed thousands of West Africa by asserting her personal liberties.

If you can't admit to how INSANE you sound for saying this, then you can keep your 'respect' and shove up your arse.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You're right. I have zero respect for those who say remarkably dumb things. Guess where you fit in that picture?

Here, let me paint it for you:

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Hickox herself may have executed thousands of West Africa by asserting her personal liberties.

If you can't admit to how INSANE you sound for saying this, then you can keep your 'respect' and shove up your arse.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

No argument? We weren't having one - I certainly wasn't arguing with you. You can't type a sentence without resorting to ad hominem attacks, insults - and resort to hyperbole when you fail to follow the plot. That's not a debate. As Pebble would say ..."let us know when you want to join the big boy conversation".

I call it like I see it.

And good luck with that 'big boy conversation.' I don't think you've earned it.

Let's just say we have zero respect for each other - at least on this topic - and leave it that shall we?

Posted on: 2014/11/7 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

No argument? We weren't having one - I certainly wasn't arguing with you. You can't type a sentence without resorting to ad hominem attacks, insults - and resort to hyperbole when you fail to follow the plot. That's not a debate. As Pebble would say ..."let us know when you want to join the big boy conversation".

I call it like I see it.

And good luck with that 'big boy conversation.' I don't think you've earned it.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I agree about the veto pen to a degree. Admittedly, Obama rarely used it thus far (twice I believe, but I can't recall). Part of that is because he hasn't had to. He's issued executive orders on most of his agenda. That's not a judgment call, it's just what it is.

But to now threaten more executive action and more vetoes ahead of any meaningful discussions is setting the stage for even more gridlock. His post election press conference was incredibly cocky and yes, narcissistic. It wasn't a cooperative tone at all, and that's disappointing.

But this type of discussion should really be for another thread.

With regards to Ebola, I think they'll get their act together. I'm not too worried about it. I'm disappointed at the initial reaction, but hey, they're human and it's a tough thing to handle.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Prior to Bush?s ?ass-whooping? in the Congress in year 6, he used the veto pen once. I can wager a bet that you were not thinking that Bush declaring the Democratic victory meant nothing and calling him a narcissist.

I can't really respond to that because I neither voted for Bush, nor cared for most of his policies. Nice use of the simple-minded assumption that, just because I criticize the current administration, I automatically voted for or rallied behind the opposition in the past. Clearly, you don't think at all...

Yes, I've seen all the news reports that the last few presidents all lost badly in midterms in year 6, but this one was especially fun to watch.

It's still enjoyable to see you and your ilk all butthurt over this midterm.

It wasn't just "the last few presidents." It was every single one of them that lost badly in year six.

Fair enough that you didn't vote for the guy. However, it is hardly narcissistic to use the veto pen (your argument). Every president, except Washington it seems, has a level of narcissism and a massive ego. You don't decide to run for what essentially is the top job in the world if you don't think your ideas are better than every one else's.

You definitely view this as a baseball game. I don't. I'm not remotely "butthurt" even though every candidate that I voted for lost in the election. I can't get upset about election results in other states since I don't actually vote in them.

Thus far, we've set a new record for the Congress that has done the absolute least amount of work. I think that is rather depressing. Maybe, with some new blood, we'll see some work getting done. Be it good ideas or bad ones, it'll at least be something to discuss.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 14:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
So, back to the original point of my opining in this thread. Ebola is scary, but don't get all panicky about it. NJ will be fine. It's not cool for people to post conspiracy theories about this stuff considering how hot a topic it is.

Stick to the facts and cite your sources in this thread. I hope everyone stays safe and informed.

This new development is a little creepy, but we have to trust those in charge are actively monitoring these people, until the time comes when it's prudent not to trust them:

Number of people being monitored for Ebola in NYC triples

Posted on: 2014/11/6 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Prior to Bush?s ?ass-whooping? in the Congress in year 6, he used the veto pen once. I can wager a bet that you were not thinking that Bush declaring the Democratic victory meant nothing and calling him a narcissist.

I can't really respond to that because I neither voted for Bush, nor cared for most of his policies. Nice use of the simple-minded assumption that, just because I criticize the current administration, I automatically voted for or rallied behind the opposition in the past. Clearly, you don't think at all...

Yes, I've seen all the news reports that the last few presidents all lost badly in midterms in year 6, but this one was especially fun to watch.

It's still enjoyable to see you and your ilk all butthurt over this midterm.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 13:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The people showed that they are sick of Obama and the Dems' continued lying and incompetence. Brilliantly displayed throughout this entire ebola debacle.

Some people on this thread may not get it, but the country at large does.

That's pretty funny. Delusional people are delusional...

Awwww, cute words from a sore loser.

Sore loser implies that I actually lost. I don?t consider political parties like sports teams. Clearly, you think differently?

People that know history know that every single two term president has lost in their last term. It happened to Bush, Clinton, Reagan and every president before him. Claiming that history repeated because Republicans put forward awesome candidates is pretty funny.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Battle Over Ebola Travel Ban: Health Officials Call It a Big Mistake

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebol ... cials-call-it-big-n228666

From your link:

"A Washington Post-ABC News Poll said that 67 percent of Americans support restricting entry to the U.S. to travelers who have been in Ebola-affected countries."

Obama and the Democrats have already been slaughtered for continually ignoring the will of the people. Will they finally listen or will they double down?

I don?t know if I?ve seen a less American idea put forward. What ever happened to the concept of ?tyranny of the majority??

It takes a bold person to actually do what is right as opposed to the will of cowards. Speaking of, how did you find the courage to climb out from under your sheets to post?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
To bring it all in context of last nights ass whooping election, Obama today made it very clear this victory by the GOP means nothing. The veto pen will be in full effect, as will the executive orders.

My man Barry is intent on reminding us all who HNIC is, kids.

So take your Ebola advice and tell it from a mountain. It's just how it's gonna be when an narcissist, who maniac is president.

To the Pebbles and Old Skools of the board, save your tired "Racism!!!" Rebuttals for another day. No one listens to your broken record BS anymore.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 13:08
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/11/6 5:45
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
To the Pebbles and Old Skools of the board, save your tired "Racism!!!" Rebuttals for another day. No one listens to your broken record BS anymore.

In light of the serious nature of this rampant disease currently ravaging our nation, I will respect your request that I refrain from accusing you of being a thinly veiled racist who will let neither reason nor logic prevent him from blaming obama for everything. I will save them for another day.

Clearly you aren't referring to me in that post because if you actually read my posts you'd see I am not one of those who marches along to the blame Obama for everything drum. But, I never took you to be someone to read and think critically.

And the "kill whiteyl posts of yonder would actually classify you as an overt racist. So, nice try honey.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

In light of the serious nature of this rampant disease currently ravaging our nation, I will respect your request that I refrain from accusing you of being a thinly veiled racist who will let neither reason nor logic prevent him from blaming obama for everything. I will save them for another day.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
To bring it all in context of last nights ass whooping election, Obama today made it very clear this victory by the GOP means nothing. The veto pen will be in full effect, as will the executive orders.

My man Barry is intent on reminding us all who HNIC is, kids.

So take your Ebola advice and tell it from a mountain. It's just how it's gonna be when an narcissist, who maniac is president.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
We have medical professionals getting Ebola, now we're sending thousands of troops with 4 hours training and expect them to be safe?

Posted on: 2014/11/6 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

From your link:

"A Washington Post-ABC News Poll said that 67 percent of Americans support restricting entry to the U.S. to travelers who have been in Ebola-affected countries."

Obama and the Democrats have already been slaughtered for continually ignoring the will of the people. Will they finally listen or will they double down?

I found the next article on the same link interesting. Does Obama think it's ok to send the 2-4000 US workers over there and back on commercial flights? If not - why can't volunteer med staff use federal/military flights?

And why all of a sudden, after the Dems lost the elections, does Obama think we need $6billion+ to fight the crisis? Anything change in the Ebola crisis in the past couple of days - or does the President simply recognize he's gotten it wrong?

Quote:

President Barack Obama is asking Congress for $6 billion to fight Ebola both in the United States and in West Africa, administration officials said Wednesday.

"In West Africa, we have deployed nearly 2,000 personnel from multiple U.S. departments and agencies, including the Departments of State and Health and Human Services, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Agency for International Development, and the Department of Defense. We are leading a global coalition of countries to address this global challenge, just as we work hand-in-hand with the affected governments, the United Nations, and others,? one official told NBC News.

Obama: We Are Going to Solve Ebola ProblemNBC NEWS
"My foremost priority is to protect the health and safety of Americans, and this request supports all necessary steps to fortify our domestic health system and prevent any outbreaks at home," Obama wrote in his letter requesting the $6.18 billion.

"Specifically, the request includes resources for domestic hospital and State and local preparedness; resources to support training as well as the acquisition of appropriate protective equipment; medical and non-medical management of Ebola treatment units and community care centers; infection control; contact tracing; laboratory capacity; disease surveillance; emergency operation centers; education and outreach; burial teams; addressing food insecurity and other adverse impacts of the outbreak in affected areas; and testing and development of new vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics," Obama wrote.

"These activities are critical to combat the spread of Ebola and reduce the potential for future outbreaks of infectious diseases," an official added.

HHS would get more than $4 billion, including $1.8 billion for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to set up 50 Ebola treatment centers in the U.S. and buy personal protective equipment, monitor travelers from West Africa and to send experts to help in affected countries.

The National Institutes of Health would get $238 million to work on drugs and vaccines,while the Food and Drug Administration would get $25 million to help it speed up the approval process.

USAID would get $1.98 billion to scale up West African efforts, including the construction of new clinics, distributing food and distributing supplies. The State Department would get $127 million to help expand capacity to evacuate patients.

"The Administration is requesting $1.54 billion for a Contingency Fund, with $751 million for HHS and $792 million for USAID and the Department of State," the White House added in a statement.

"If necessary, the Contingency Fund could support increased domestic efforts, such as expanded monitoring; a limited vaccination campaign that could target health care workers treating infected patients (if a vaccine is proven safe and effective); an expanded response in Guinea, Sierra Leone or other countries if the virus spreads; and, enhanced global health security efforts. As the rapidly evolving and unpredictable outbreak progresses, it is necessary to have maximum flexibility to respond quickly. "

Obama has authorized the Pentagon to send up to 4,000 servicemen and women to West Africa to build Ebola treatment units, train health care workers and help coordinate the aid response.

WHO said Wednesday that the epidemic appeared to be stabilizing in Guinea, but worsening in Sierra Leone. Cases in Liberia appear to be declining.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

From your link:

Posted on: 2014/11/6 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/6 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
drifterx and pebble :

Just admit defeat. Everyone knows that dtjcview is the smartest person on jclist :)

Think that title belongs to Borisp, DA or Mao. They provide valuable insight to issues and generally don't resort to artifices like personal attacks and sarcasm. And they don't wear their socks on their face afaik :P

Posted on: 2014/11/6 0:22

Edited by dtjcview on 2014/11/6 0:38:55
Edited by dtjcview on 2014/11/6 0:40:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
drifterx and pebble :

Just admit defeat. Everyone knows that dtjcview is the smartest person on jclist :)

Posted on: 2014/11/6 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

When your argument sinks to personal attacks, I know you've lost - like the Dems did yesterday.

When you have no argument at all, it's best to stop talking. You have nothing really to say about this issue so now you turned this into something political. In case you didn't notice, Kaci wasn't making a political statement. She was merely defending her rights, just as any American should do.

Of course, I don't expect fear-mongering idiots like you to understand that.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

When your argument sinks to personal attacks, I know you've lost - like the Dems did yesterday.

When you have no argument at all, it's best to stop talking. You have nothing really to say about this issue so now you turned this into something political. In case you didn't notice, Kaci wasn't making a political statement. She was merely defending her rights, just as any American should do.

Of course, I don't expect fear-mongering idiots like you to understand that.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The people showed that they are sick of Obama and the Dems' continued lying and incompetence. Brilliantly displayed throughout this entire ebola debacle.

Awwww, cute words from a sore loser.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/5 20:08
Dos A Cero

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017