Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

Re: CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
In Mali, nurse faces neighbors' stoning to work in Ebola clinic

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-wp- ... ali19-20141119-story.html

Posted on: 2014/11/19 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
NY Democrat Senator wants Obama to pay for NYC doctor's care.

http://nypost.com/2014/11/16/schumer- ... -for-20m-ebola-treatment/

$20m. Funny how the loss of an election can multiply the cost by 40+.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/ ... la-can-cost-up-to-500-000

I fail to see how you are connecting the election to the cost of medical treatment. It seems to me that Schumer is going for a cash grab, regardless of what the actual bill is.

You're probably partly right. $6 billion here... $20 million there. Win or lose, the Dems were going for the pork. After the election.

Posted on: 2014/11/18 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Ice Age. Just how many coal mines were operating that changed the planet?

I believe this is the equivalent argument to ?I know you are, but what am I??

This is also something spouted routinely by community college flunky, Rush Limbaugh. I?ll listen to his notions of science about the time I take a power drill to the side of my skull.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

I fail to see how you are connecting the election to the cost of medical treatment. It seems to me that Schumer is going for a cash grab, regardless of what the actual bill is.

Posted on: 2014/11/17 14:11
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Luck? C'mon, Boris, you disappoint me. I thought you were a man of logic and science.

The fact is that, unlike Liberia, the probability of this spreading in the US is very low

Oh, it is a FACT? Ok, thanks for educating me, I was unawares. Thank you...

Oy. Wait. Just for my edification, could you explain how this is a fact? Was it, like, observed? No? No observations? Weird. I was taught that when something is not observed but induced the proper word is "hypothesis" or "conjecture", no?

Anyways, I understand, it is a special kind of fact, the one that can be established without any err... factual material. But at least you can explain how did you arrive at this conclusion?

What would be the reasons to think that Ebola spread is less likely here? The population density is lower? The number of contacts between people is lower? The familiarity with Ebola and Ebola awareness is higher?

Don't be shy, go right ahead, show me the math that made you think that basic reproduction number for Ebola in the USA would be lower than in Liberia?

What? No math either?

Posted on: 2014/11/17 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/11/17 6:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/11/17 4:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Luck? C'mon, Boris, you disappoint me. I thought you were a man of logic and science.

The fact is that, unlike Liberia, the probability of this spreading in the US is very low

Posted on: 2014/11/17 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Old-Skool-JC wrote:
What I do find ironic, sad and endlessly amusing, is your clumsy attempt to change the subject now that the Ebola Apocalypse story you fell for and/or helped promulgate has failed to materialize.

When I wasn't yet a teenager I would sometimes run across a street right in front of a speeding car. However even though I was dumb enough to do it (and you have to be really dumb to try it in Moscow), I wasn't so dumb as to tell my mom something like "hey, your apocalyptic predictions of my untimely death under a truck failed to materialize!"

Do you not understand the difference between surviving by taking proper measures and surviving by sheer luck?

Posted on: 2014/11/17 3:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

If you're directly working for the government abroad, then the government will and does cover your health needs, however if you volunteer or work for a charity agency, then its the agency (pending whats in your contract) or your own health insurance that should be burden with any health bills of an injury or disease you contracted abroad.

Posted on: 2014/11/17 2:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/16 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I fell for nothing, and I still agree with the US military policy about quarantining soldiers returning from West African countries and feel all should be subject to the same rules.

Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Isn't it ironic how the same Democrats who tell everyone not to panic over Ebola are going full tilt to convince people TO panic over natural climate change?

Yeah, that's a fucking stretch.
What I do find ironic, sad and endlessly amusing, is your clumsy attempt to change the subject now that the Ebola Apocalypse story you fell for and/or helped promulgate has failed to materialize.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Isn't it ironic how the same Democrats who tell everyone not to panic over Ebola are going full tilt to convince people TO panic over natural climate change?

Yeah, that's a fucking stretch.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ice Age. Just how many coal mines were operating that changed the planet?

Besides, our POTUS just proposed a deal with Earth's largest polluter, China. In it he agreed that they do NOTHING but stop the RISE of their pollutants by 2030, but handcuffs our industry by mandating reductions of about 26% by 2025.

Is he the worst negotiator ever? A case could be made.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
A phony threat that costs what? $1.2 Billion+ to solve? Right. Voters proved they're not that stupid.

"Walks like a duck?" Good and bad? Right and wrong? Dem and Republican? Pebble - you're simply a Pavlov's dog if you can't think outside your Skinner's box.

Feed that duck analogy to your pooch if you have one.

I'm a huge fan of irony, which might be why I like reading what you write.

I lean liberal, but I'm hardly sitting at the snap of a finger. If you can't tell that from what I write, I can only wonder what you're reading...

As for the money spent... I hardly think 1.2billion is a large expense for doing what is necessary. Many things have cost more and been wrong. Nobody here died. It didn't spread, as the fear did. It was handled.

For all of the fumbles of the CDC, it never became anything more than an issue in West Africa.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

I would love to show you some of the projects and research borne out on this. The only thing that I can state is that there really is no question that our own actions are a factor in the environment. There may be disagreement about the best way to address it, but nobody with half a brain cell argues that this is purely natural. Well, I guess there are people that due decide to argue it, but they have absolutely no concept about the science involved.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 13:58
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

no

Posted on: 2014/11/14 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/14 11:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Some numbers to digest. Of the $6 billion Obama requested, $2 billion or so is earmarked for tackling Ebola in the US. To put that in perspective, that's enough funding to provide:

- treatment for 6666 people with full-blown Ebola in the US at $300k/person
- home monitoring for 20 million people @ $100/per person - if the CNN link is credible - see http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/opinion ... index.html?iref=allsearch

I'm very curious... What exactly are you criticizing him for? Did he not ask for the money fast enough for you? Did he ask for too much money?

Timing. Flip or flop. Take your pick.

You do realize that the entire government, aside from Obama, was on vacation for the entire summer and the beginning of the crisis, right? They couldn't even bother to come back to Washington in order to vote on what to do about ISIS. It really doesn't matter if Obama asked for it before or after.

Ultimately, the Ebola disaster turned out to be a farce. The initial responses were poor (sending the guy home after he said that he was in West Africa) but since then, it's been fine. Our country is safe from the phony threat.

While you may not like Kaci's actions after returning home from doing something that many on here don't have nearly half the courage to take part on, it doesn't mean that what she did was wrong. Personally, I?d have preferred her to take precautions. However, I can completely get the mindset that she was out in the field trying to stave off death from the impoverished and she just wants to go for a damn bike ride.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
And for the record, I'm neither a Dem nor a Republican. I call it as I see it.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck?

A phony threat that costs what? $1.2 Billion+ to solve? Right. Voters proved they're not that stupid.

"Walks like a duck?" Good and bad? Right and wrong? Dem and Republican? Pebble - you're simply a Pavlov's dog if you can't think outside your Skinner's box.

Feed that duck analogy to your pooch if you have one.

Posted on: 2014/11/14 5:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
The crisis is over. Election Day has passed.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Some numbers to digest. Of the $6 billion Obama requested, $2 billion or so is earmarked for tackling Ebola in the US. To put that in perspective, that's enough funding to provide:

- treatment for 6666 people with full-blown Ebola in the US at $300k/person
- home monitoring for 20 million people @ $100/per person - if the CNN link is credible - see http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/opinion ... index.html?iref=allsearch

I'm very curious... What exactly are you criticizing him for? Did he not ask for the money fast enough for you? Did he ask for too much money?

Timing. Flip or flop. Take your pick.

You do realize that the entire government, aside from Obama, was on vacation for the entire summer and the beginning of the crisis, right? They couldn't even bother to come back to Washington in order to vote on what to do about ISIS. It really doesn't matter if Obama asked for it before or after.

Ultimately, the Ebola disaster turned out to be a farce. The initial responses were poor (sending the guy home after he said that he was in West Africa) but since then, it's been fine. Our country is safe from the phony threat.

While you may not like Kaci's actions after returning home from doing something that many on here don't have nearly half the courage to take part on, it doesn't mean that what she did was wrong. Personally, I?d have preferred her to take precautions. However, I can completely get the mindset that she was out in the field trying to stave off death from the impoverished and she just wants to go for a damn bike ride.

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
And for the record, I'm neither a Dem nor a Republican. I call it as I see it.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck?

Posted on: 2014/11/11 14:25
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Not really sure what issues you are trying to debate. Are you sure you are not chewing on crayons right now?

If you have anything remotely sane to say about anything, even the weather. I'll speak to you then. Right now, you seem to be just another crazy person craving for attention.

Awww. The fuckwit doesn't get it. Again. Shoe, meet other foot. You started this btw. I was happy to have a reasonable conversation before you decided to hit the fuk-u you button.

Dumbfuck.

You want to reset and have a serious convo?

I'm waiting you dumbfuck....

Pussy...

We can have an honest debate. Or we can rip each other. I'm cool with either. You fn-shit-for-brains fuckwit.

You decide.

Well. Cant say I didnt try to communicate with u at your dumbfucknc&nt level....

Posted on: 2014/11/11 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Not really sure what issues you are trying to debate. Are you sure you are not chewing on crayons right now?

If you have anything remotely sane to say about anything, even the weather. I'll speak to you then. Right now, you seem to be just another crazy person craving for attention.

Awww. The fuckwit doesn't get it. Again. Shoe, meet other foot. You started this btw. I was happy to have a reasonable conversation before you decided to hit the fuk-u you button.

Dumbfuck.

Pussy...

We can have an honest debate. Or we can rip each other. I'm cool with either. You fn-shit-for-brains fuckwit.

You decide.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 4:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Dumbfuck.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Dumbfuck.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/11 3:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Awwww. Drifterx is butthurt and don't want to play :P

Drifterx - let me know when you want a gloves-off discussion. I've gotten tired of your unwillingness to debate the issues without resorting to insults. You want a debate on your terms? You got a spare rectum? Happy to rip u a new one tbh.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
That's funny. Is that what you do with all your spare time in the loony bin?

I'm surprised you have internet access there. Those damned progressives are at it again, I see.

You color it in yet? 1 thru 8 works best skin color.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That's funny. Is that what you do with all your spare time in the loony bin?

I'm surprised you have internet access there. Those damned progressives are at it again, I see.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
How the CDC got it wrong? Lets see, about 9 people infected and 1 fatality. The rest are now Ebola free. Not quite sure what is so wrong when you consider the fact that Africa has it much, much worse.

You just can't say anything without injecting politics so let me just say it one last time. THE POLITICIANS GOT IT WRONG, KACI IS RIGHT. END OF STORY. I don't care what people voted for, it has nothing to do with this case and if it did, that's their problem.

Since Kaci followed CDC guidelines throughout this whole ordeal and is proven to be Ebola free, once again, where did the CDC got it wrong?

Admit the fact that you are WRONG, or crazy. I don't care which. But we all know that's not going to happen so by all means, rant away.

Your fuckwittery is tiresome.

Ask your mom to get out the crayons and join the dots.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/ima ... cXydXl5tsCHUp7jeAyJGdno75

Posted on: 2014/11/11 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How the CDC got it wrong? Lets see, about 9 people infected and 1 fatality. The rest are now Ebola free. Not quite sure what is so wrong when you consider the fact that Africa has it much, much worse.

You just can't say anything without injecting politics so let me just say it one last time. THE POLITICIANS GOT IT WRONG, KACI IS RIGHT. END OF STORY. I don't care what people voted for, it has nothing to do with this case and if it did, that's their problem.

Since Kaci followed CDC guidelines throughout this whole ordeal and is proven to be Ebola free, once again, where did the CDC got it wrong?

Admit the fact that you are WRONG, or crazy. I don't care which. But we all know that's not going to happen so by all means, rant away.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
No, the only idiot here is you.

Kaci fought for her rights. She refused to be quarantined without any evidence and as it turns out she was right. She does not have Ebola, never had. If she had been a total sheep like you and submitted herself to the whims of politics, she would have been truly an idiot because she would have done it for NOTHING.

It's a good thing she's not you. Its' good for her, and it's good for the country.

As for your Obama rant, what's that now? The millionth rant about Obama for no apparent reason? Oh noes! Winter is coming and it's all Obama's fault!

This is not about Kaci however you may want to spin it. It's about how the CDC and Obama got it wrong. How the public didn't believe Obama - and trusted the cross-party cautiousness of both Cuomo and Christie - ahead of the spin Obama and the CDC put on it.

If Kaci had simply played roulette with her own life then voters would have been cool. But she didn't. She decided to put other people in harm's way - based on her interpretation of CDC guidelines. She's a nurse ffs, not an infectious diseases expert. She put forward all the same arguments as Typhoid Mary.

The same CDC guidelines that got several doctors infected overseas. The same CDC guidelines that say you're not infectious if you don't have symptoms - yet 10%+ of people with full blown Ebola have NO symptoms.

I don't need to argue the point with you. The US voters got it. And for the record, I'm neither a Dem nor a Republican. I call it as I see it.

I'm a sheep? Keep the comedy coming from a fuckwit like you, who is incapable of challenging everything you're fed. Priceless :)

Google it for yourself, like:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/ebola-vict ... ould-still-be-contagious/
Quote:

?We have medical models that say a person is capable of secreting a virus like Ebola in bodily fluids before the person displays symptoms of the disease,? he stressed, ?and that medical evidence is simply being ignored by Dr. Frieden and the CDC when the public is told repeatedly it?s OK to let Ebola-infected people fly as long as they don?t have a fever.?

Obama's post election response was classic - "do as I say and not as I do". $6 billion. Right!

Kaci's hobbies include Russian roulette imo. With other people's lives. Yep you won Kaci. Idiot.

Posted on: 2014/11/11 2:34

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017