Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Isn't enough space' on street, so park in garages
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Are people saying that renters and owners of new construction should not have the same rights to street parking as other residents?

No they're saying if an area that held a residential building that held 6 people is demolished and can now hold 20, that they should find a way to provide parking for natural increase of cars.

This assumes the people who lived there before had a right to free street parking. But why?

JC has plenty of parking spots in existing parking lots. It doesn't need more lots.

Posted on: 2014/9/11 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The answer is simple. The new buildings should offer free parking to their residents instead of asking for additional fees of $200 to $300 a month. If there are extra spaces since we have so many car-free people, according to some, then the building can rent those spots.

Posted on: 2014/9/11 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Are people saying that renters and owners of new construction should not have the same rights to street parking as other residents?

No they're saying if an area that held a residential building that held 6 people is demolished and can now hold 20, that they should find a way to provide parking for natural increase of cars.

Posted on: 2014/9/11 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/11 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The more zone parkings the more we harm visitors. I hear horror stories of people paying their respects to deceased family members then have they cars booted. I do not agree there are available parking spaces. The city is 14 square miles, so don't point to an area that might be 3 or more miles from my destination.

Posted on: 2014/9/11 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Conformist wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The Mayor via the Planning Dept of Hoboken and even JC is at fault for parking issues - Planning should have mandated with every building permit (especially multi-level high rise apartments] that they must provide for off-street parking with a percentage for visitors to their buildings.

Hoboken and JC should have also mandated with permits that multi level buildings also provide off-street parking for courier and parcel deliveries to reduce congestion and improve traffic flow.

They DO, and they are REQUIRED to do so. Those parking garages sit empty because people feel entitled to their free or near-free subsidized street parking. Guess what! The rest of us shouldn't have to pay for YOUR car, moochers! Buck up the $150/month to park your car in a garage. There's plenty of space.

I agree, all newer multi-level buildings should not be given parking permits and only those 'older' buildings with no off-street parking be provided with parking permits (with conditions).
I also believe that the space in front of your property is the amount of parking permits that property receives.
The only remedy I can think of, is to create more permit zones to on street parking.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Conformist wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The Mayor via the Planning Dept of Hoboken and even JC is at fault for parking issues - Planning should have mandated with every building permit (especially multi-level high rise apartments] that they must provide for off-street parking with a percentage for visitors to their buildings.

Hoboken and JC should have also mandated with permits that multi level buildings also provide off-street parking for courier and parcel deliveries to reduce congestion and improve traffic flow.

They DO, and they are REQUIRED to do so. Those parking garages sit empty because people feel entitled to their free or near-free subsidized street parking. Guess what! The rest of us shouldn't have to pay for YOUR car, moochers! Buck up the $150/month to park your car in a garage. There's plenty of space.

Agreed. Free parking is not a right. Parking is real estate, after all. And if you want use of real estate, you should pay for it.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Isn't enough space' on street, so park in garages
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/10 22:29

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]