Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Ahris Kitchen: Korean food in downtown Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
I had the bibimbap and enjoyed the flavor of the meat. However, the rice was cold! Is this normal for korean food? I thought perhaps it was the end of the day and didn't bring it up to the management.

my entire meal the other day was cold. I was with friends and didn't want to be "that guy," so I just ate it without complaint.

kimchi fritters were great, though. even at room temperature. the skirt steak over rice was just meh.

Posted on: 2015/5/22 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
Perfect spot for the neighborhood. Friendly staff, quick service, nice space and on first visit the food was very good. Hope it sticks!

Posted on: 2015/5/22 15:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/28 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
Had the Galbi and the veggie ramen. Both were delicious! I have to agree that the price is on the higher end. None the less, great addition to the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2015/5/15 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
I had the bibimbap and enjoyed the flavor of the meat. However, the rice was cold! Is this normal for korean food? I thought perhaps it was the end of the day and didn't bring it up to the management.

Posted on: 2015/5/13 21:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Stopped by here yesterday for lunch and ordered the galbi bibimbap. It was excellent. Friendly staff and quick service. "I will be back."

Posted on: 2015/5/13 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:
Awesome, glad you enjoyed as much as I have. Incidentally I went to meet friends at Broa last night, but they were closed. Guess what new restaurant my friends wanted to try out?

Dinner was great again, my buddies were raving about their experience. If the owners are reading, keep up the consistency (and thanks for not rushing us out as we lingered 30 min past closing)!

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:
Haven't posted in quite some time on here, but I felt compelled to break my silence because this place is excellent! I've dined in once and ordered another time via fastboydelivery.com- both times were fantastic. I can wholeheartedly recommend the seafood fritters, the spicy tuna roll, the spicy pork , and the bulgolgi. Come hungry.

Thanks for the recommendations. Tried the seafood fritters, the spicy tuna roll, and the spicy pork. All excellent. My pooch wasn't happy - no leftovers. Not even the rice.

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone provide some feedback on Broa? I had forgotten about them and this just reminded me I should go check them out. Any particular highlights or must-try items?

Posted on: 2015/5/13 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:
Haven't posted in quite some time on here, but I felt compelled to break my silence because this place is excellent! I've dined in once and ordered another time via fastboydelivery.com- both times were fantastic. I can wholeheartedly recommend the seafood fritters, the spicy tuna roll, the spicy pork , and the bulgolgi. Come hungry.

Are there side dishes included with those? Seems pricey if not.

Should come with a whole variety of 'ban chan' but looking at the pics it is only a tiny small assed serving of kimchee.

Place looks like a hack joke of what the real deal is.

Hope they did not lock into a long lease as there are folks like myself who cant count the times I've thrown down in Korea for real local food and rocked Flushing Queens for some BiBi Smack down when in the mood.

That's pretty cool that you go all the way to Korea for authentic food, going to Flushing must be a cake walk. I'm the same way myself. I go to Maine whenever I have a craving for lobster and then hit up Vermont for a real throw down on maple syrup and sharp cheddar when I'm in the mood. The only way people like us can get the best is to be a douchebag about it.

Posted on: 2015/5/13 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 15:19
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome, glad you enjoyed as much as I have. Incidentally I went to meet friends at Broa last night, but they were closed. Guess what new restaurant my friends wanted to try out?

Dinner was great again, my buddies were raving about their experience. If the owners are reading, keep up the consistency (and thanks for not rushing us out as we lingered 30 min past closing)!

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations. Tried the seafood fritters, the spicy tuna roll, and the spicy pork. All excellent. My pooch wasn't happy - no leftovers. Not even the rice.

Posted on: 2015/5/13 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
LOLOL

Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:

Should come with a whole variety of 'ban chan' but looking at the pics it is only a tiny small assed serving of kimchee.

Hope they did not lock into a long lease as there are folks like myself who cant count the times I've thrown down in Korea for real local food and rocked Flushing Queens for some BiBi Smack down when in the mood.

That's pretty cool that you go all the way to Korea for authentic food, going to Flushing must be a cake walk. I'm the same way myself. I go to Maine whenever I have a craving for lobster and then hit up Vermont for a real throw down on maple syrup and sharp cheddar when I'm in the mood. The only way people like us can get the best is to be a douchebag about it.

Posted on: 2015/5/13 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/13 15:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to add that on the square receipt you receive from the restaurant there was a place for feedback-- I noted the fritters were grease soaked (I assume that has to be a one off because no one would eat them). I didn't ask for or expect a refund but they did refund the fritters and reported that they would try to maintain better consistency. I just hate reporting only negative things if the owner tries to correct it.

Posted on: 2015/5/13 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/12 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/12 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/12 19:32

Re: Fastboy Delivery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone know if Morgan's is BYO?

Quote:

bill wrote:

These guys are awesome! A little expensive, 7% service charge, $2/$4 delivery charge, plus tip. However, they are fast and nice, the way I rationalize it is paying a total of ~20% like if we actually ate there. I was so happy to get Max's and New Thanh Hoai delivered. I want to try Morgan Seafood next!

Posted on: 2015/5/12 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:
It's Korean ramen and it's on the menu-- who said anything about Japanese ramen? Why don't you keep your comments related to your own experience, troll.

Player Hater, did you watch Korean Sumo Wrestling also ?

Posted on: 2015/5/12 16:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's Korean ramen and it's on the menu-- who said anything about Japanese ramen? Why don't you keep your comments related to your own experience, troll.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 14:15

Re: Fastboy Delivery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nemobeatz wrote:

These guys are awesome! A little expensive, 7% service charge, $2/$4 delivery charge, plus tip. However, they are fast and nice, the way I rationalize it is paying a total of ~20% like if we actually ate there. I was so happy to get Max's and New Thanh Hoai delivered. I want to try Morgan Seafood next!

Posted on: 2015/5/12 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/5/12 13:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
I tried it the other day, I think it is a welcome addition that fits a need. However, the galbi was too sweet (sugary) and I felt the seafood fritter did not have enough seafood. The spicy tuna was a novel, delicious Korean take on that dish. I look forward to trying the other dishes they offer.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 12:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/17 0:57
Group:
Registered Users
@iGreg
bean paste (Doenjang) is never used in Bibimbap, it's Ghochoojang that's used. Doenjang is only used for bean paste soup or paste for vegetable wraps in Korean food.

As a Korean I was reluctant to try this place given I grew up eating home made Korean food by very talented women, tend to be a harsher critique of my own cultural food. But I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious their Bibimbap was.

With their simple clean modern decor, friendly owner and delicious food at great prices, I will be coming back many times over in future.

I wish this place loads of success!

Posted on: 2015/5/12 11:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:
I had so been looking forward to trying this place and went tonight but was very disappointed. For two of us, I ordered the kimchee and seafood fritters, ramen and bibimbap. The good: the bibimbap wasn't bad (fresh cut veggies) but it lacked flavor-- I got it for take out and was given no sauce with it (basic serves it with a yummy siracha like sauce). The ramen was substandard and completely flavorless. The fritters were inedible-- absolutely soaked in grease/oil. I can't believe this is the same place others rave about. It wasn't even busy.

Oh that is terrible,

Expecting a yummy siracha sauce in place of the correct bean paste (Doenjang)

And then ordering Japanese Ramen in a Korean joint.

The Horror !
The Horror !

Maybe try Flushing, Queens

Posted on: 2015/5/12 5:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I had so been looking forward to trying this place and went tonight but was very disappointed. For two of us, I ordered the kimchee and seafood fritters, ramen and bibimbap. The good: the bibimbap wasn't bad (fresh cut veggies) but it lacked flavor-- I got it for take out and was given no sauce with it (basic serves it with a yummy siracha like sauce). The ramen was substandard and completely flavorless. The fritters were inedible-- absolutely soaked in grease/oil. I can't believe this is the same place others rave about. It wasn't even busy.

Posted on: 2015/5/12 4:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Chama:

Thank you for the pics! The food looks delicious. I'll try to stop in later this week!

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/15hbqr5.jpg[/IMG] ...bottom right...hmmm.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 23:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Chama:

Thank you for the pics! The food looks delicious. I'll try to stop in later this week!

Posted on: 2015/4/29 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
The Misses and I stopped in last night for dinner. Food was great and later that night we we're already planning what we'd be ordering next time. Great addition to the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 14:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Here are some pictures I took at Ahris Kitchen when we stopped by earlier in April during the soft opening (for Kickstarter donors). Great food, you should definitely try this place out.

The menu:

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/15hbqr5.jpg[/IMG]

The seafood platter:

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/250v3h5.jpg[/IMG]

The marinated rib eye:

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/6giljd.jpg[/IMG]

The proud owners:

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/9qgyeo.jpg[/IMG]

The Facade (it was still being worked on):

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/a4ynm9.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on: 2015/4/29 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
seafood fritter is always good

a lot of non koreans get fanatic about the spicy tofu stews. Not sure how good it is at Ahri's, but in k towns there are restaurants that only specialize in it.

surprised I didn't see dumplings or japchae on the menu.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 13:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Try the Bulgogi or Kalbi

Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
My only experience with Korean food was in a mall in downtown Denver - what are good first time things to try?

Posted on: 2015/4/29 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
My only experience with Korean food was in a mall in downtown Denver - what are good first time things to try?

Posted on: 2015/4/29 10:39

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017