Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: PATH Riders Cry for Chivalry
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcpedestrian wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
It's a sad commentary about today's society. I was on the bus last week and the lowlifes would not give up their seats to allow a wheelchair bound person on. The driver, another passenger and me finally literally bullied people out of their seats.

wouldn't someone in a wheelchair already have a seat?

Dude, on a bus, even a someone on a wheelchair needs to be secured, so they are not tossed around. To that end, there are areas within the bus that are specially equipped to secure a wheelchair in place. Those areas have seats that get lifted to gain access to the special mechanism. If someone is sitting there, they are required to get up and give up their previously held seats. Some people just LOVE to play dumb and try not to move or get up.

Posted on: 2014/8/18 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcpedestrian wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
It's a sad commentary about today's society. I was on the bus last week and the lowlifes would not give up their seats to allow a wheelchair bound person on. The driver, another passenger and me finally literally bullied people out of their seats.

Your comment is a sad commentary. My post just shows the lack of civility and compassion on the part of society at large. There are still those who display just plain old fashioned good manners but their numbers are dwindling.

Posted on: 2014/8/17 23:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 1:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/17 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Not too long ago, a woman wearing a wide back-support belt got on a crowded train and announced in a loud voice that she suffered from extreme back pain and asked if anyone would mind giving up a seat. At least three people immediately jumped up to offer theirs. I don't think chivalry is dead, sometimes people are so immersed in their devices, they just need the opportunity to do the right thing. It also reminded me that there are people with invisible disabilities, and sometimes it takes a bit of courage to speak up and ask for a seat.

Posted on: 2014/8/17 16:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/17 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
I see people eat and drink on the train and on the platforms all the time in broad day light right in front of PA cops, nothing happens. But as soon as I pull out my phone trying to take a random picture, 10 cops magically appear to yell at me to tell me to put it away.

W T F

PA Cops are very ignorant of YOUTUBE and GOOGLE Images - There is a infinite amount of downloads and images relating to the PATH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXe6wbCQsz8 if its such an issue, why aren't they tracking, issuing infringements and removing such images and video footage from websites ... its all a load of crap with PA officers just flexing their ignorant authority ... any and every Judge would have the fine (if issued) thrown out if challenged ... I wonder if we used our iphones and ipads to record a crime or danger we'd cop a fine in the PATH?

Some cops truly are idiots or on some sort of power play at times ... I often wonder if these same cops are on steroids to account for their authoritarian behavior!

Posted on: 2014/8/17 4:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/13 5:18
Group:
Registered Users
In the article she writes, "Even women early in their pregnancy, who aren't yet showing, should be given a seat on trains, she said."

Ummm. How are the other passengers supposed to know a woman is pregnant when she isn't showing?

Posted on: 2014/8/17 3:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/15 22:25
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Sadly, the other options to run it are probably no better. MTA, Amtrak, NJT or one of those private rail lines that would think they are moving cattle....

Maybe instead of sending rockets into space, the Tesla founder could figure out this mess!

Posted on: 2014/8/15 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... isabled.html#incart_river
PATH riders not giving up seats for pregnant, elderly, disabled, advocate says.
Read comments below article they rival some on JCLIST and give another insight on the PATH.

Somehow I don't think the Port Authority isn't going to be the organization that stops people from being assholes.

Certainly not. They can barely carry on the duties the organization was created for. Rude people in New Jersey? I never would have thought.

It's a non-issue in the morning rush hour as the train is already packed when I get on it and can never get a seat anyway. That's the real story/concern here - this problem, and crowding on the PATH in general, is only going to get worse (much worse) with the new housing developments planned for Journal Square. If the PATH trains are already at full capacity during rush hour, exactly how does Jersey City and the Port Authority plan to address the thousands of new riders who will be living in the new housing developments? I can only guess that JC and the PA will simply point fingers at each other over the new mess that will develop.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 17:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Read comments below article they rival some on JCLIST and give another insight on the PATH.

Somehow I don't think the Port Authority isn't going to be the organization that stops people from being assholes.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewportNJ wrote:
I see people eat and drink on the train and on the platforms all the time in broad day light right in front of PA cops, nothing happens. But as soon as I pull out my phone trying to take a random picture, 10 cops magically appear to yell at me to tell me to put it away. W T F

The importance of photo taking as opposed to littering is quite the contrast. It amazes me that Google blurs out faces and license plates in their earth maps but PATH which authorized the photos in the article allowed the Star Ledger to publish the faces posted in the pictures nj.com.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 12:56
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/12 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
I see people eat and drink on the train and on the platforms all the time in broad day light right in front of PA cops, nothing happens. But as soon as I pull out my phone trying to take a random picture, 10 cops magically appear to yell at me to tell me to put it away.

W T F

Posted on: 2014/8/15 12:45

PATH Riders Cry for Chivalry
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/15 12:13
Get on your bikes and ride !

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017