Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: How can JC become the best mid-sized city in the US?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Jesus, I hope we DON'T try to become a borough of NY or emulate NY in anyway ... when did NY ever win a 'BEST OF' in anything !

We should focus and be our own city that others will come over, study and try to emulate into theirs !

Posted on: 2014/8/16 22:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Very True. Our slogan should just be " Downtown JC, cause you can't afford NYC and don't want to be shot in Greenville"

You never miss a chance to take a dig at other people's neighborhoods. It's the hallmark of a provincial mentality.

Not to mention misguided. The average Manhattanite might say: "Queens, because you can't afford here and you don't want to be shot in Jersey City." That includes all of us.

Taxes are lower in Jersey and commute for some is actually more convenient.

Posted on: 2014/8/16 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Quote:

Plus, yuppies aren't chill either. Yuppies are a horribly neurotic bunch (and I say this as a quintessential yuppy). Chilltown is somewhere in Idaho or something like that.

Has nothing to do with Idaho, or potatoes for that matter. This old article has the 411:

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... l-Jersey-City--Chilltown-

So in other words, Jersey City used to be different and the term is no longer remotely applicable.

Posted on: 2014/8/16 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

I moved to JC 6 years ago, and consider it the biggest mistake of my life, and don't know any native JCers, but NYC is the world city bar none, so I don't see what is wrong with basking in it's glow and any connection to it we can find!

Perhaps it's time for you to move to a place where you want to be instead of torturing yourself.

Lets be honest - if we all suddenly happened upon $1 billion we would all move to NYC in a heartbeat. We live in JC because we cannot afford the lifestyle we have in JC in NYC. I occasionally wistfully look at row houses in Manhattan, near Central Park, and then give a sad laugh when I see the prices.

That said, the reason people live here is because we are the 6th borough. If we weren't then this place would become a significantly bigger dump than it already is.

I'm not so sure that's true. Years ago when I moved to JC, my intention was to live here for a few years and then move over to Manhattan. I got very comfortable here and really don't have any plans to leave. I can certainly move across to Manhattan, but choose to stay here.

Name things that Jersey City does better than Manhattan assuming unlimited funds.

I'll name a bunch of things Manhattan does better:
- Better parks
- More interesting people (there are some interesting people here, but a greater number of interesting people in Manhattan)
- More cultural amenities
- Generally better social scene
- Better stores (from restaurants to having Whole Foods)
- Better place to have dogs (related to point 1)
- Easier access to places of employment
- Superior public transportation
- More aesthetically pleasing
- The prestige of living in Manhattan
- Better local events

I could go on. I live here because of what I can get for the $$$s but lets not kid ourselves for one second.

Posted on: 2014/8/16 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Plus, yuppies aren't chill either. Yuppies are a horribly neurotic bunch (and I say this as a quintessential yuppy). Chilltown is somewhere in Idaho or something like that.

Has nothing to do with Idaho, or potatoes for that matter. This old article has the 411:

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... l-Jersey-City--Chilltown-

Posted on: 2014/8/15 12:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Add to that "rather than what's good for that politicians future elections for higher office"

Agreed 100% but that's easier said than done. Steve promised big talk but has narrowed his focus to those things that will get him into the governors seat. Anything else? Don't bother him.

But conceptually I am with you all the way. It's why I'm so disappointed by Fool-Op.

Now people here will cry the "what's wrong with higher aspirations??"

Nothing. As long as you actually did something of substance to prove yourself, aside from effective PR, a la Cory Booker.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
To start we need to remove every lame-ass, inept, self serving public official from office. Then proactively enforce all legal and governance policies to those of authority that make decisions on our behalf. Mandate a policy of public interest first and corporate profits second; An attitude of 'what's in it for our community' and not 'what's in it for corporate shareholders and their bottom line profits'.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
To start we need to remove every lame-ass, inept, self serving public official from office. Then proactively enforce all legal and governance policies to those of authority that make decisions on our behalf. Mandate a policy of public interest first and corporate profits second; An attitude of 'what's in it for our community' and not 'what's in it for corporate shareholders and their bottom line profits'.

Jersey City's success or failings all stem from what occurs in City Hall via their management, policies, governance and legislative controls.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 0:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Very True. Our slogan should just be " Downtown JC, cause you can't afford NYC and don't want to be shot in Greenville"

You never miss a chance to take a dig at other people's neighborhoods. It's the hallmark of a provincial mentality.

Not to mention misguided. The average Manhattanite might say: "Queens, because you can't afford here and you don't want to be shot in Jersey City." That includes all of us.

Posted on: 2014/8/14 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/3 1:43
Group:
Banned
Speak for yourself, Devils advocate. Perhaps I would have liked to move to Manhattan in my early 20s, but never now. Now, with a family, living in New York City is simply too much of a hassle and doesn't hold the allure any longer. I can't stand how it takes forever to get off the island, particularly if you want to travel during the holidays. I personally no longer like how crowded it is and how transient it feels.
I like living in Jersey City because I can still commute to Manhattan for work and play but specifically do not have to live there. Drop me a billion dollars and I most certainly will not be moving to Manhattan. That being said, without the financial constraints of work, I'd probably be heading out of JC to a carribean island!

Posted on: 2014/8/14 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
That said, the reason people live here is because we are the 6th borough.

Shhh... the locals will now know you're transplant, and nyrgravey9 may have a Brain Aneurysm

Posted on: 2014/8/14 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

I moved to JC 6 years ago, and consider it the biggest mistake of my life, and don't know any native JCers, but NYC is the world city bar none, so I don't see what is wrong with basking in it's glow and any connection to it we can find!

Perhaps it's time for you to move to a place where you want to be instead of torturing yourself.

Lets be honest - if we all suddenly happened upon $1 billion we would all move to NYC in a heartbeat. We live in JC because we cannot afford the lifestyle we have in JC in NYC. I occasionally wistfully look at row houses in Manhattan, near Central Park, and then give a sad laugh when I see the prices.

That said, the reason people live here is because we are the 6th borough. If we weren't then this place would become a significantly bigger dump than it already is.

Posted on: 2014/8/14 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

I'm not so sure that's true. Years ago when I moved to JC, my intention was to live here for a few years and then move over to Manhattan. I got very comfortable here and really don't have any plans to leave. I can certainly move across to Manhattan, but choose to stay here.

Posted on: 2014/8/14 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:

Just an FYI - I have lived in JC - Paulus Hook to be exact - since 2003. I have never, not once, heard JC been called Chilltown until recently.

Well, I've lived here my whole life, and that's what it has been called. I don't really like that name either, but it's been around for decades.

I've lived in Jersey City just over 60 years & have never heard of the name Chilltown. The first few times I ever heard it, I thought it was a new hangout & wondered where it was. Personally, I don't think the name fits. Jersey City is a gritty working class city & no amount of yuppification will ever change that.

Posted on: 2014/8/14 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/14 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:

Just an FYI - I have lived in JC - Paulus Hook to be exact - since 2003. I have never, not once, heard JC been called Chilltown until recently.

Well, I've lived here my whole life, and that's what it has been called. I don't really like that name either, but it's been around for decades.

I've lived in Jersey City just over 60 years & have never heard of the name Chilltown. The first few times I ever heard it, I thought it was a new hangout & wondered where it was. Personally, I don't think the name fits. Jersey City is a gritty working class city & no amount of yuppification will ever change that.

Posted on: 2014/8/13 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/13 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:

Lastly, people need to stop being hung up on the "6th Borough" thing. A rose by any other name ...

Actually, people need to stop using a term that is as equally offensive to most native JCers as it is uncreative.

Quote:
Hey, keep using it I say. Best way for locals to spot the transplants... Typical transplant explaining their recent move from Brooklyn to JC: "Yeah I know I live in NJ now, but I swear, it's practically the 6th Borough of manhattan!" No it's not. Your friends will still snicker behind your back. ha!

That only works if you moved here from Brooklyn. I moved here from Manhattan, and my NYC friends don't even like to admit boroughs 2 - 5 are part of NYC - they laugh in my face.

Posted on: 2014/8/12 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:

Quote:

I choose to live here and I happen to own 3 properties in Paulus Hook because I think it is a better place to live than Queens or Brooklyn. And no, I am NOT a transplant with an inferiority complex.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, sorry if it the grammar/syntax implied that. Just relaying actual conversations I've heard by actual Brooklyn/NY transplants. It's comical. But fair enough, you have an interest in seeing your property values rise without any regard for an asinine nickname. Whatever brings in those dollars, I guess.

By the way, what's wrong with just "Jersey City"? Seemed pretty unique and catchy to me and many others.

Quote:

You seem to have more of an inferiority complex by allowing someone to upset you over a stupid name.

How is it an inferiority complex when I'm taking pride in the name Jersey City over a name that inherently implies an inferiority complex in those who use it?

Posted on: 2014/8/12 19:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/14 19:09
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:

Lastly, people need to stop being hung up on the "6th Borough" thing. A rose by any other name ...

Typical transplant explaining their recent move from Brooklyn to JC: "Yeah I know I live in NJ now, but I swear, it's practically the 6th Borough of manhattan!" No it's not. Your friends will still snicker behind your back. ha!

Just an FYI - I have lived in JC - Paulus Hook to be exact - since 2003. I have never, not once, heard JC been called Chilltown until recently. I choose to live here and I happen to own 3 properties in Paulus Hook because I think it is a better place to live than Queens or Brooklyn. And no, I am NOT a transplant with an inferiority complex.

You seem to have more of an inferiority complex by allowing someone to upset you over a stupid name.

Posted on: 2014/8/12 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:

Actually, people need to stop using a term that is as equally offensive to most native JCers as it is uncreative. That, and you fools don't even realize you're promoting for Silverman properties every time you use the term (that's who sponsors that ridiculously named market every month and is pushing that name hard to move some property to the insecure 212-ers moving here). Unless you're an employee of that company or own property in the area, there's no point to perpetuating such a stupid moniker.

JC is making strides on its own towards a destination (downtown at least); these things don't happen overnight. There are plenty of festivals/fairs/events named in a way that make JC the central focus (JC Fridays, All About Downtown, Groove on Grove) without using that god awful name, and they do just fine to promote the city's brand.

Hey, keep using it I say. Best way for locals to spot the transplants. It's like the guy who dates the ugly chick, but explains she's got a great personality.

Typical transplant explaining their recent move from Brooklyn to JC: "Yeah I know I live in NJ now, but I swear, it's practically the 6th Borough of manhattan!" No it's not. Your friends will still snicker behind your back. ha!

You seem much more hypersensitive about people using the 6th Borough moniker, than transplants themselves care about saying they live in Jersey City. Trust me, most transplants really don't care to say they live in JC. I have no problem saying it. If a NYer asks "how is it living in NJ?" Describing it like a 6th borough is actually a very accurate description.

I may start using 6th borough more now. If it makes me stand out like a transplant, do you think I really give a sh1t?

Posted on: 2014/8/12 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
What ever happened to "chilltown"? When I moved here back in the day (14 yrs ago), this was the going "brand" name for JC. I still use it. And I can always tell the peeps that have been here for at least 10+ years if they are familiar with it. Of course, that moniker is probably annoying to the born and raised.

Posted on: 2014/8/12 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:

Actually, people need to stop using a term that is as equally offensive to most native JCers as it is uncreative. That, and you fools don't even realize you're promoting for Silverman properties every time you use the term (that's who sponsors that ridiculously named market every month and is pushing that name hard to move some property to the insecure 212-ers moving here). Unless you're an employee of that company or own property in the area, there's no point to perpetuating such a stupid moniker.

JC is making strides on its own towards a destination (downtown at least); these things don't happen overnight. There are plenty of festivals/fairs/events named in a way that make JC the central focus (JC Fridays, All About Downtown, Groove on Grove) without using that god awful name, and they do just fine to promote the city's brand.

Hey, keep using it I say. Best way for locals to spot the transplants. It's like the guy who dates the ugly chick, but explains she's got a great personality.

Posted on: 2014/8/12 17:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/14 19:09
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcdd wrote:
Agree with Tommy C. Every great mid-sized city must have a draw of some kind. Usually that comes in the form of a big-time University (or several), big sports team, major historical landmark or natural beauty (beaches - think San Diego) , or perhaps a major medical facility or employer. Jersey City has none of those things.

What is does have is unbelievable proximity and access to NYC. NYC is our draw. What will then make Jersey City the best mid-sized City is to thereafter be the best place to live and reside OUTSIDE of NYC, while still being able to enjoy the benefits of NYC (work, recreation).

Personally, I would never want to live in NYC or Brooklyn or Queens. I don't like how crowded it is and how much of a hassle it is to get off the darn Island whenever you want to go somewhere. That is why I chose to live in JC and purchase a home in JC. I have a problem with some quality of life issues in JC now that I have a family.

Improve quality of life in JC so that it becomes the most desirable commuter City to NYC. Make it a place where families want to stay (improve schools, parks and rec, cleanliness). Business would do better and social problems would improve with the increased stability. If that happens, property values will go through the roof over time.

I think you hit the nail on the head. If JC could just increase it's quality of life for young families, it would be an ideal location for people to live in. At the moment, other than great restaurants, we lack any kind of recreation for kids and adults. We have Liberty Science Center, which is great, but inaccessible via public transit and we have a mall with a somewhat *acceptable* movie theatre. We could definitely benefit from more things to do. Schooling thing goes without saying.

Keeping JC residents in JC over the weekends is going to help elevate the economic status and increase quality of life in the area.

Posted on: 2014/8/12 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Agree with Tommy C. Every great mid-sized city must have a draw of some kind. Usually that comes in the form of a big-time University (or several), big sports team, major historical landmark or natural beauty (beaches - think San Diego) , or perhaps a major medical facility or employer. Jersey City has none of those things.

What is does have is unbelievable proximity and access to NYC. NYC is our draw. What will then make Jersey City the best mid-sized City is to thereafter be the best place to live and reside OUTSIDE of NYC, while still being able to enjoy the benefits of NYC (work, recreation).

Personally, I would never want to live in NYC or Brooklyn or Queens. I don't like how crowded it is and how much of a hassle it is to get off the darn Island whenever you want to go somewhere. That is why I chose to live in JC and purchase a home in JC. I have a problem with some quality of life issues in JC now that I have a family.

Improve quality of life in JC so that it becomes the most desirable commuter City to NYC. Make it a place where families want to stay (improve schools, parks and rec, cleanliness). Business would do better and social problems would improve with the increased stability. If that happens, property values will go through the roof over time.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Jersey City is just not a standalone city, and literally never will be, so there are very few "mid sized cities" in the US that you can fairly compare it to. Jersey City is an extremely dense, extremely urban city that literally borders the most iconic borough of the most iconic city on the planet. In fact, there is almost certainly no other comparison in the United States with all of these dynamics, especially when you consider the state borders.

It is located on the border of a very misunderstood, identity-crisis-laden state (NJ), and a city/state that is very judgemental (NY). Sorry to say, Jersey City's best chance at a true identity might be the tag "Sixth Borough".

I don't use that term, by the way (does anybody, really??). And I think the 6th Borough term truly is only appropriate for Downtown Jersey City. In my opinion, the rest of Jersey City largely does not have any real cultural or physical connection to NYC. Of course there are some exceptions, like Journal Square, and the Heights to some degree, although transportation is an issue (so maybe the Heights is equivalent to Staten Island in borough-ness? Haha).

I think you have hit the nail on the head - maybe asking how JC can become the best mid-sized US city is the wrong question, given our satellite relationship to Manhattan.

Personally, I don't mind the "6th Borough" appellation - JC may shine brighter due to a perceived connection to Manhattan, as opposed to just being seen as New Jersey's 2nd largest city, given how NJ is perceived generally.

And the other 4 boroughs have their own unique characters, in addition to their relationship to Manhattan (I would disagree about the Heights comparing to Staten Island, at least S.I. has panache, more attractive people). How do we strengthen our Alpha + global city status?

Posted on: 2014/8/11 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
It's a radical idea, but I think Jersey City could start out on the path to Best Mid-Sized City by installing more trash containers and Public Restrooms. Not just in parks, either.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 17:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/11 16:12
From New Jersey
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
For the record, Jersey City does border Manhattan (the border is in the center of the Hudson), and I definitely spelled judgmental properly: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judgmental

Except that's not how you spelled it.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Well said DonnaJC65. Jersey City, born and bred here.

Also...

Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
I agree that more pride is key to future success. I'm not sure about the Newport area, but I think Jersey City pride is on the rise elsewhere. Here's a good example of some recent JC pride: http://www.chicpeajc.com/.

This is the third time you have shilled for that awful blog by that awful woman.

Haha you're obviously an angry old turd. FYI quoting my post helps my shilling. Good work Tonto.

Great lawyer, asserts I am angry, old and a turd with no evidence.
Please inform me why you think the illiterate ramblings of a self-obsessed, self-promoting and, quite frankly, badly dressed woman counts as civic pride.
The entire blog is about her, not Jersey City.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
I used to live in Manhattan - on paper I am comfortably middle class, own my own condo, etc. - and was priced out when it came time for my 'own' apartment. Is Manhattan better for pricing me out in favor of yet another parentally subsidized
20-something?

If it makes you feel better, I feel your pain, except that I refused to purchase a condo anywhere (I've seen too many disasters as a result of people arguing with boards and ultimately, it ends up being that you're renting but without the ability to easily extract yourself from the situation). I insisted on my own rowhouse. In Manhattan that meant millions, while in DTJC it was still affordable. But the fact that we are priced out is a factor of 2 things:
1. That Manhattan is in fact the most desirable city in the US. That was my main point - the most desirable spots WILL be the most expensive.
2. That a huge amount of the city is taken up by efforts to make Manhattan liveable by the poor. Speaking of trust fund kids, I know a large number that purchased HDFC housing (prime housing sold cheaply to low income residents) because technically, their income is small enough to qualify. Of course, how one could expect working stiffs to afford a $400-500k apt with all fees and taxes on an under $90k salary (or whatever laughable number the cutoff was) is beyond me. So these affordability efforts are actually counter-productive as far as the middle class is concerned.

Quote:
Quote:
That said, you have to have a city wealthy people want to live in first. Outside of downtown that doesn't exist and in downtown there's plenty of room for improvement. Developing the embankment into a Jersey City version of the High Line would be fantastic.

I completely agree - almost. In the Heights there is a push to make live/work spaces for artists, and a lot of condominiums affordable by younger people starting out, much as I expect there is in DTJC. We need the mix to keep things vibrant

This will shock people but I don't actually object to that. One additional proposal that I have is focusing on start-ups and entrepreneurs as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh yes, and we should work to end affordable housing programs. What is that nonsense anyway?

Agreed, if you mean Section 8, homeless shelters, etc. But they recently finished subsidized condos in the Heights for retired civil servants and it's really nice.

I don't object to that either. You and I are actually on the same page.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Sorry, but no. Most of the "best" of anything is unaffordable for most people. That is life. When I say I want the "best" car or to ski at the "best" resort, I don't mean a car that maximally caters to the normal man or the ski resort that is most affordable to the average Joe. Similarly, when I say I want JC to be the "best" mid-sized city I don't mean one that is most affordable. I mean flat out the best which is inherently contrary to the notion of "cheap." And ask me how much most affluent people really care about "equality." Go on...

Sorry, but no. Your logic devilsadvocate of 'best' city is ass backwards.

http://livability.com/best-places-to-live-ranking-criteria

Of course all of these will have a bias. If you apply that criteria, you end up with this crappy list: http://livability.com/top-100-best-places-to-live

Though I do note that I see the appeal of #1 and 2. But neither one is remotely affordable. But overall, I prefer something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city

Posted on: 2014/8/7 18:27

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017