Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Call for Entrepreneurs & Business Owners in Jersey City!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/16 20:40
Group:
Registered Users
Well, then Alex, please provide, the company name, contact info, etc. so we can check your info to insure not spam.

If you are looking for information as per your survey then you should be prepared to pay for it.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 14:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/1 1:09
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

thirstyquaker wrote:
Quote:

Alex wrote:
Quote:

thirstyquaker wrote:

This same "group" was posted here about a month ago as well. Definitely spam.

Just because the same group was posted here a month ago, it doesn't make it a spam.

We are a market research company who has been working pro-bono with local advocacy groups to help create entrepreneur's community that will help us identify how to make Jersey City more friendly to entrepreneurs & small businesses like yours and to propose appropriate policy changes and advocate for additional incentives and funding for small businesses.

We are not able to go traditional market research route here because none of the market research panel providers has a panel of small businesses in such limited geographic area.

I would welcome your recommendations as to how else we can effectively find and recruit entrepreneurs in Jersey City for our group and how to make it not look like spam.

I appreciate the response (here and on facebook). That alone tells me that it's not spam, as most spammers are "hit and run."

I think the main reason it seems spammy is because there is no background. It's unclear who is forming this group and what the purpose is. Are you with a business? An individual? A business owner yourself? Market research firm?

Be more upfront with information like that, and people will be more likely to hop in.

Thank you for your response and very helpful recommendation. I will be sure to adjust the description to provide more information and background. Here is a brief snapshot and I will craft something more elaborate tomorrow:

I'm from a market research consulting firm and we are working on a pro-bono project with entrepreneurs & small business advocacy group in Jersey City. Our advocacy group works closely with the local governments, investors and non-profits to advance our common goal of making JC a better city for small businesses.

The purpose of the online community discussion group is to gather insights and recommendations from entrepreneurs & small business owners in order to identify key areas where they need most help in order for their businesses to thrive.

Ultimately, we will identify and recommend specific programs, initiatives, policy changes and investments that need to be made in order to transform Jersey City into one of the most attractive cities for entrepreneurs and small businesses to grow.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Alex wrote:
Quote:

thirstyquaker wrote:

Just because the same group was posted here a month ago, it doesn't make it a spam.

We are a market research company who has been working pro-bono with local advocacy groups to help create entrepreneur's community that will help us identify how to make Jersey City more friendly to entrepreneurs & small businesses like yours and to propose appropriate policy changes and advocate for additional incentives and funding for small businesses.

We are not able to go traditional market research route here because none of the market research panel providers has a panel of small businesses in such limited geographic area.

I would welcome your recommendations as to how else we can effectively find and recruit entrepreneurs in Jersey City for our group and how to make it not look like spam.

I appreciate the response (here and on facebook). That alone tells me that it's not spam, as most spammers are "hit and run."

I think the main reason it seems spammy is because there is no background. It's unclear who is forming this group and what the purpose is. Are you with a business? An individual? A business owner yourself? Market research firm?

Be more upfront with information like that, and people will be more likely to hop in.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 0:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/5 15:16
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
There is a certain catch-22 regarding small business or "entrepreneurial" meetups.

People who have been successful starting a business have more demands on their time than hours in the day. They have better things to do than attend a small business or entrepreneurs meetup.

People in love with the idea of becoming an entrepreneur and/or self-identify as a "small business owner" without any meaningful talents or accomplishments love to flock to these things.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 19:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
10 businesses? There are hundreds of small businesses in JC, and 10 hardly gives you a cross section. As a small business owner, I for one will not be participating in this, as it seems very fishy.

The community is a qualitative study. It is like a focus group, so there is a limited number of respondents we are accepting. This is a multi-stage study and right now we are focusing our efforts on a qualitative stage. We already have 20 respondents in our community and are looking for another 10 respondents as our goal is to have a total of 30 respondents.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
10 businesses? There are hundreds of small businesses in JC, and 10 hardly gives you a cross section. As a small business owner, I for one will not be participating in this, as it seems very fishy.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 17:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thirstyquaker wrote:

Posted on: 2014/7/27 17:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for your comment. Please note that this brief survey only serves the purpose of identifying potential participants for our Entrepreneurs & Business Owners community and to obtain their necessary permissions in order to be able to invite them to participate in that community.

Legally, we cannot invite someone to participate in a community, without their email address, permissions and confidentiality agreement. That's why we need to administer this survey first.

Out of everyone who responds to the survey, only first 10 respondents who agree to participate in our community, will be invited to participate as our community is limited to a set number of participants.

We are legally bound by rules governing market research industry and will not share any confidential personal information like names or email addresses with anyone without their prior written permission.

The goal of the community is to help identify how to make Jersey City a better place for entrepreneurs and small business owners. All community participants are bound by confidentiality agreement.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/27 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I fail to understand what your survey questions (pasted below) have to do with owning a business in the city. And I might add, your call to action to invite "only 10 businesses" smacks of a scam. Excuse the cynicism, but what multi-level marketing tommyrot are you dishing out, friend?

Entrepreneurs Survey

1. Please specify your gender
Please specify your gender Male
Female
2. Which of the following best describes your age?
Which of the following best describes your age? Under 18
18-24
25-29
30-34
35-39
40-44
45-54
55-64
65 or older
3. Which best describes your marital status?
Which best describes your marital status? Married
Single, never married
Divorced
Separated
Widowed
Living with Someone
Prefer Not to Answer
4. Which of the following best describes your ethnicity?
Which of the following best describes your ethnicity? Caucasian
African-American
Asian-American/Pacific Islander
Native American
Mixed Ethnic Background
Prefer not to answer
Other (please specify)
5. Are you Hispanic or of Hispanic origin?
Are you Hispanic or of Hispanic origin? Yes
No
Prefer Not to Answer
6. Is English your first language?
Is English your first language? Yes
No

7. Which best describes the highest level of education that you have completed? Please select one.
Which best describes the highest level of education that you have completed? Please select one. Grade School or Less
Some High School
High School Graduate
Some Trade School/Technical School
Some College
College Graduate
Trade School/Technical School Graduate
Graduate School
Prefer not to answer
8. What zip code do you live in?
What zip code do you live in?

9. What zip code is your business located in?
What zip code is your business located in?