Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Want to 'kill white people,' says Jersey City man arrested trying to cut through funeral procession
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Clearly there's plenty of crazy to go around. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kill All White People guy was a regular contributor around here.

Maybe he was just a NOFX fan.

Posted on: 2014/7/22 14:17

Re: Want to 'kill white people,' says Jersey City man arrested trying to cut through funeral procession
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Clearly there's plenty of crazy to go around. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kill All White People guy was a regular contributor around here.

Posted on: 2014/7/22 11:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
I think you mean that there's more crazy people on jclist

Yup, you got it! It's not the cop-killer that's crazy. Nor the people who built a "shrine" to honor him. Nor the man who was ranting in court screaming how he wanted to kill all white people. It's those pesky people who type on an anonymous message forum that bother you. Good to see you have perspective!

Posted on: 2014/7/22 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:

You got it. Posting on JClist feels like ....

Posted on: 2014/7/22 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/7/22 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
There must be something in the water or what we eat - We seem to have greater proportion / ratio of individuals with mental health problems in JC and the nation.

Posted on: 2014/7/22 0:02
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
I find the racial tension in JC at the moment to be very concerning. It's intriguing how the 'us vs. them' mentality has been escalated off this event - not sure that I understand why.

Not really new. Just an event that brings it more to the surface, much like Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin did last year. Everyone is angry these days (from what I see, mostly due to economic reasons) and racial animosity appears to be an outlet for that rage.

But what did it?
- The killing of the cop killer?
- The removal of the of the killers memorial? Is the memorial really a celebration of disobedience towards 'the man'? (SO SICK)
- All the above?

This is impressively complex... and clearly the city has done a good job of keeping these issue out of the mainstream. The community gathering around a cop killer really drives home the state of our city - and it's a bit scary...

You mean what triggered the anger that was already simmering over? Combination of black guy and "white" cop (though, he wasn't really white, but as with Zimmerman, Hispanics have been increasingly lumped in with "white" if they're lighter skinned) and "standing up to the man" was probably all that was necessary. By the time we got to the memorial nonsense we were already up to our necks in racial animosity, though certainly it made things worse on the white/Hispanic side.

I agree that all of it is very frightening.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
Oh that's rich coming from the likes of you devils. You're one of the toxic ones that I didn't specifically mention in my previous post. Stop projecting. I merely identify why so many people were upset about Zimmerman's acquittal in non-provocative language no less in contrast to your zealous defense of him and others like him, and that's supposed to be anti-white or racist against whites. So if a woman mentions the specter of sexism, she's anti-male I guess. No, thanks for playing though.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/erin-cosset ... eople-who-dont-see-color/

Oh, and I merely explained why people were upset by Zimmerman's prosecution in non-provocative language. I think perhaps you were projecting regarding me being one of "the toxic ones." Or maybe we're both perfect angels. Or maybe we're both part of the problem.

As to accusations based on identity politics (racism/sexism), they are absolutely slanted against certain groups. "Sexism" accusations are inherently anti-male, and "racism" accusations are inherently anti-white, at least as it is used in our current society.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
I find the racial tension in JC at the moment to be very concerning. It's intriguing how the 'us vs. them' mentality has been escalated off this event - not sure that I understand why.

Not really new. Just an event that brings it more to the surface, much like Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin did last year. Everyone is angry these days (from what I see, mostly due to economic reasons) and racial animosity appears to be an outlet for that rage.

But what did it?
- The killing of the cop killer?
- The removal of the of the killers memorial? Is the memorial really a celebration of disobedience towards 'the man'? (SO SICK)
- All the above?

This is impressively complex... and clearly the city has done a good job of keeping these issue out of the mainstream. The community gathering around a cop killer really drives home the state of our city - and it's a bit scary...

Posted on: 2014/7/21 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Oh that's rich coming from the likes of you devils. You're one of the toxic ones that I didn't specifically mention in my previous post. Stop projecting. I merely identify why so many people were upset about Zimmerman's acquittal in non-provocative language no less in contrast to your zealous defense of him and others like him, and that's supposed to be anti-white or racist against whites. So if a woman mentions the specter of sexism, she's anti-male I guess. No, thanks for playing though.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/erin-cosset ... eople-who-dont-see-color/

Posted on: 2014/7/21 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'm having trouble understanding why a black man yelling that he wants to kill whites, during a funeral procession of a Hispanic policeman assassinated by another black man, has anything to do with Fox News and white racism.

its called insane, blacks can be crazy too...

Racism continues to have an impact on the mental health of African Americans. Negative stereotypes and attitudes of rejection have decreased, but continue to occur with measurable, adverse consequences. Historical and contemporary instances of negative treatment have led to a mistrust of authorities, many of whom are not seen as having the best interests of African Americans in mind.

If you stopped at the first sentence I would have agreed. But the rest can be reduced to "but ultimately it is still the fault of racist white people" which is self-evident nonsense.

I never used the word "White" racism can come from any race of people, I have even witnessed racism within the same race of people against each other. I think most whites like your self think that blacks are blaming you personally. Don't let your guilt fool you.

Oh, if you meant racism as in black racism in this case then I retract my comments.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'm having trouble understanding why a black man yelling that he wants to kill whites, during a funeral procession of a Hispanic policeman assassinated by another black man, has anything to do with Fox News and white racism.

Racism continues to have an impact on the mental health of African Americans. Negative stereotypes and attitudes of rejection have decreased, but continue to occur with measurable, adverse consequences. Historical and contemporary instances of negative treatment have led to a mistrust of authorities, many of whom are not seen as having the best interests of African Americans in mind.

If you stopped at the first sentence I would have agreed. But the rest can be reduced to "but ultimately it is still the fault of racist white people" which is self-evident nonsense.

I never used the word "White" racism can come from any race of people, I have even witnessed racism within the same race of people against each other. I think most whites like your self think that blacks are blaming you personally. Don't let your guilt fool you.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/7/21 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

It appears that the problem with a black man yelling that he wants to kill whites is, mysteriously, whites and Fox News. When is that never NOT the answer?

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
I agree with Radryan from just a cursory review of JCList postings. When I first came to this site, it felt more like a community group; and overtime with an influx of more and more people, felt less cohesive and people feeling comfortable being either subtly racist to blatantly racist (especially anti-black and Muslim). I attribute it to our nation's seemingly inexorable and growing class divide which is linked race, incessant FOX brainwashing (some of the new posters here sound like they have it downloaded to their brains and just spout the rhetoric) and some feeling blacks/Latinos/Muslims should leave (someone posted as much awhile back saying "can all the white people come to Wayne Street to show we won't tolerate this anymore" rather than stating "concerned or civic minded citizens"). As a POC, I think I readily observe this phenomenon more than some others.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/the-pu ... eed-for-the-purge-anarchy

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/nyr ... ivisions-are-exposed.html

With all due respect, your conduct in the Trayvon Martin threads of the past year helped fan the flames of exactly the phenomenon you're describing.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Kencares beat me to it. I am not exactly sure why some people are genuinely surprised at the breadth and depth of antipathy from certain communities towards the "establishment" (or, as is often expressed nowadays, "the man"). The proof of this is in the recurrent issues of riots where a seemingly unrelated event triggers widespread riots and looting.

Right or wrong, many in the black community (as well as in other impoverished communities, or historically disadvantaged communities) feel they have been abused and oppressed for far too long, and they are seething with resentment and hatred towards those they perceive as having perpetuated the abuse.

I often hear things from people in poor communities that are truly astounding (and, honestly, quite sad) and these are often communicated to their kids (overtly, or implicitly) and so it is an attitude that is carried on from generation to generation.

This ties in with the other thread about the fired reporter that is mired in a discussion about poverty, personal responsibility, etc. In the end, the fact remains that there is an underlying current of resentment, and hatred, and it is seething and ready to blow up.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kencares wrote:
Attitudes and inequalities haven't really changed much since 1967. If this keeps up, we are priming ourselves for another mega riot.

In case you don't remember the last riots to hit Jersey, http://www.theseamericans.com/riots/newark-n-j-riots-1967/

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

The authorities should be doing everything they can to calm the situation, not fanning the flames with inflammatory language.

And look at Newark now! All better, now that those pesky white people all moved out.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with Radryan from just a cursory review of JCList postings. When I first came to this site, it felt more like a community group; and overtime with an influx of more and more people, felt less cohesive and people feeling comfortable being either subtly racist to blatantly racist (especially anti-black and Muslim). I attribute it to our nation's seemingly inexorable and growing class divide which is linked race, incessant FOX brainwashing (some of the new posters here sound like they have it downloaded to their brains and just spout the rhetoric) and some feeling blacks/Latinos/Muslims should leave (someone posted as much awhile back saying "can all the white people come to Wayne Street to show we won't tolerate this anymore" rather than stating "concerned or civic minded citizens"). As a POC, I think I readily observe this phenomenon more than some others.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/the-pu ... eed-for-the-purge-anarchy

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/nyr ... ivisions-are-exposed.html

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Attitudes and inequalities haven't really changed much since 1967. If this keeps up, we are priming ourselves for another mega riot.

In case you don't remember the last riots to hit Jersey, http://www.theseamericans.com/riots/newark-n-j-riots-1967/

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

The authorities should be doing everything they can to calm the situation, not fanning the flames with inflammatory language.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
I'm glad we have a jury system in Jersey City and not a JCList system of justice. There's so much "hang them high and kill them all" attitude around here. It's not so much the Founding Fathers as it is the movie "The Purge."

While I'm not a fan of our quickness to hand out lengthy jail sentences, this is not a fellow I'm going to have any sympathy towards no matter what sentence he ultimately receives.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:

The whole thing seems like another hoax/urban legend fueled by movies like Assault on Precinct 13, video games etc. I mean who doesn't know where to find cops?

Posted on: 2014/7/21 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]

Possibly because the concept of raising a "shrine" to honor a murderer is so abhorrent to civilized people. No one can relate. It is apparent that the differences in community values are not merely a media construct but are very real.[/quote]

That's exactly right. Putting aside the revulsion that most people felt at the shrine, it really highlighted the HUGE difference in values that exists in JC and other cities. I like to think I'm a realist, but even I was shocked at the level of disdain and hatred for "mainstream" sensibilities. There are a lot of pissed-off people out there.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:

Possibly because the concept of raising a "shrine" to honor a murderer is so abhorrent to civilized people. No one can relate. It is apparent that the differences in community values are not merely a media construct but are very real.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/21 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Well, they're showing Mary Poppins in Hamilton Park tonight. The black dudes from the basketball courts are walking by like "WTF? White people watch the craziest sh*t!"

Maybe the basket case dudes I mean basketball dudes would not be all that surprised if they stopped and watched the movie with their court neighbors before treking back home to the other side of town.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 11:40
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Well, they're showing Mary Poppins in Hamilton Park tonight. The black dudes from the basketball courts are walking by like "WTF? White people watch the craziest sh*t!"

Posted on: 2014/7/19 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
what is wrong with people.

Posted on: 2014/7/19 0:31

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login