Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: You don’t f*** with a Marine, and you don’t f*** with the JCPD: Raj Mukherji
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Mukherji is a tool. And the bit about Jersey City being "his city too" - he's lived here all of maybe three years.

Posted on: 2014/7/23 19:31

Re: You don’t f*** with a Marine, and you don’t f*** with the JCPD: Raj Mukherji
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Last week I had an experience unique in my nearly 40 years as a journalist when I received a phone call from The Jersey Journal telling me that a Raj Mukherji was trying to contact me and left a number where I could reach him.

The name was vaguely familiar, and it turned out that Mukherji claimed he'd been given the task of responding to last week's Morgan's Corner column concerning Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop's lack of a response to back to back shootings in high crime areas of Ward F and Greenville.

Mukherji is a state assemblyman representing a district in the northern end of Jersey City. After explaining I have nothing to do with vetting Jersey Journal op-eds or letters to the editor, I was still curious to know what he planned to write and why? Mukherji said he had some figures to base his editorial on. Asked where he obtained this information "" and here's where it gets interesting "" Mukherji said he happened to be in Fulop's press secretary, Jennifer Morrill's office, and she asked him if he would write the editorial. He said she also supplied the statistics and other information he had.

Reached for comment, Morrill didn't actually respond but said she had to take another call and promised to contact me later "" but never did.

When asked if he was familiar with Martin Luther King Drive, Ward F, or Greenville, Mukherji said he'd driven his car through the area a few times. As for the success of the heightened police manpower, I noted it didn't seem to be very effective in curtailing the gun violence that's claiming so many lives and causing so many injuries.

While confessing his dearth of knowledge of these particular high-crime neighborhoods, Mukherji asserted his First Amendment right to speak on the matter. After all, he said, this is his city, too. No argument there. As a reporter, I'm something of a zealot when it comes to the First Amendment.

More

Posted on: 2014/7/23 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

And now when I called him on it, he is trying to lie about it as if we can't go and read his quite unambiguous comment.

The rest of the people explain that it is irresponsible to challenge a criminal association. Nice.

However, your description, that claims that I want a society where "justice is instant, with no legal processes" is a 100% pure lie.

If you disagree, you are welcome to find one instance where I claimed anything remotely resembling this.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:[quote]
I hope the BLOODS target his ignorant dumb-ass.

You're still an idiot borisp - You either lie or you don't; If I meant to say I hoped the BLOODS would introduce Raj's face to the pavement or send him 6ft under I would have stated it so.

I used the word TARGET because I'm sure members of the BLOODS do have some brains between their ears (which you lack borisp) and would be well aware of the consequences.

Gangs have a history of targeting people and businesses in many ways such as; graffiti and tagging, vandalism...

Yeah, riiiiight. When you said that Bloods should target that guy, - you meant for graffiti. Sure. Because Bloods are known mostly for their ruthless graffitiering.

You must be thinking I am an idiot if you feel that I would believe this explanation.

Posted on: 2014/7/22 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

By RAJ MUKHERJI
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

With various reports indicating the mayor and the Bloods have declared war against each other, that?s too bad for the Bloods. You don?t f*** with a Marine, and you don?t f*** with the JCPD.

EDITOR?S NOTE: Assemblyman Raj Mukherji represents part of Jersey City in the 33rd State Legislative District.

Raj Mukherji is an IDIOT - With language like that in the public arena only incites hostilities and creates a challenge to gangs against police officers.

Raj Mukherji should be sacked for inciting a possible future riot on our streets; I hope the BLOODS target his ignorant dumb-ass.

This is Raj Mukherji

Resized Image

Chastises politician for inciting violence.

Incites violence against politician. Nice.

You don't get it whoelsecoulditbe

Raj is a politician with influence, authority and power, while police officers are law abiding subordinates that are required to obey idiots like him.

I'm hoping for a HUGE outcry with my comment as it was for me with Raj's - I believe at times, some need to experience the same 'medicine' as they dish out

What don't I get?

I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. If inciting violence is wrong then you shouldn't do it yourself.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
You and Raj would make great dumb-ass book-ends when it comes to solving or managing the problem of gang violence.

That made me chuckle. They should ask Director Shea to implement a "Stop-and-tie-shoelaces" policy to weed out gang members.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 7:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

And now when I called him on it, he is trying to lie about it as if we can't go and read his quite unambiguous comment.

The rest of the people explain that it is irresponsible to challenge a criminal association. Nice.

However, your description, that claims that I want a society where "justice is instant, with no legal processes" is a 100% pure lie.

If you disagree, you are welcome to find one instance where I claimed anything remotely resembling this.

Quote:

You're still an idiot borisp - You either lie or you don't; If I meant to say I hoped the BLOODS would introduce Raj's face to the pavement or send him 6ft under I would have stated it so.

I used the word TARGET because I'm sure members of the BLOODS do have some brains between their ears (which you lack borisp) and would be well aware of the consequences.

Gangs have a history of targeting people and businesses in many ways such as; graffiti and tagging, vandalism, their mere presence standing outside your office building or home in gang colors, a letter posted to your home with a disturbing message or even phone calls at odd hours.

I'm no expert, but borisp you're clueless and you have been advocating gun ownership for the masses from day one (you even object to mental health checks prior to gun ownership) on JClist and often advocate hardline solutions.

You and Raj would make great dumb-ass book-ends when it comes to solving or managing the problem of gang violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCOTD77Bpo4

Posted on: 2014/7/21 6:55
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Exactly.

As I said fat-ass-bike urged criminals to target Raj Mukherji. He even provided his picture!

P.S. fat-ass-bike, by the way, - my statement about what you said was true. However, your description, that claims that I want a society where "justice is instant, with no legal processes" is a 100% pure lie.

Quote:

Seagull wrote:Quote:

You figured they could target him for a round of fisticuffs or a knuckle sandwich?

Posted on: 2014/7/21 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

Resized Image

You figured they could target him for a round of fisticuffs or a knuckle sandwich?

Just yelling abuse would be great - Raj Mukherji has no law enforcement experience or education, no understanding on gang behavior, no social change solutions and no idea how to deal with this situation - Raj Mukherji has a thug mentality and a dumb-ass (shoot from the hip) simple-mindedness solution and is happy to put police in harms way with his big mouth.

He should seek sociologists, criminologists and senior police before opening his mouth.

I believe that Raj Mukherji is exactly what Jersey City doesn't need and I am ashamed that he represent me.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 3:32
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
[quote]

This is Raj Mukherji

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/21 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

And fat-ass-bike urges criminals to kill the guy, no more no less.

And then you whine about crimes and squeal about unsatisfactory protection you get from the city.

You're an idiot borisp - Never did I mention 'kill the guy' but rather he be the frontline public servant that he is placing law enforcement officers in with his challenge to gangs.

Your image of a great society is one whereby everyone is carrying a gun, and justice is instant, with no legal processes.

borisp, you have never served in our defence or law enforcement and have never experienced an inept commander prepared to use his 'troops' as fodder.

Its idiot like you borisp, that should NEVER be in a position of authority or command; if you were, you would most likely have a mutiny on you hand and a victim of 'friendly fire'.

Posted on: 2014/7/21 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:
borisp with all due respect, the statement by Raj is irresponsible. To dare organizations that are nationally known for their total disregard for all things civilized is to put not only law enforcement officers in the line of fire but innocent people as well. Raj should have made sure his brain was engaged before running his mouth.

This is not the kind of line in the sand you want to draw especially when this force is understaffed & there already is a hostile element living here.

Couldn't have said it better. Agreed 100%. And as the sister of a fallen U.S. Marine, I can tell you, real military men/women cringe over this type of false bravado, particularly from civilians who have never served one day on the front lines. It's shameful.

My sincerest condolences for your & your family's loss. Though I have lost no family members that I know of, members have served in every theater through Viet Nam. Neighbors children in Iraq & Afghanistan. Our own mayor in Iraq. Maybe Raj should stick to stalking & leave intelligent people to deal with potentially life & death matters.

Posted on: 2014/7/20 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:
borisp with all due respect, the statement by Raj is irresponsible. To dare organizations that are nationally known for their total disregard for all things civilized is to put not only law enforcement officers in the line of fire but innocent people as well. Raj should have made sure his brain was engaged before running his mouth.

This is not the kind of line in the sand you want to draw especially when this force is understaffed & there already is a hostile element living here.

Couldn't have said it better. Agreed 100%. And as the sister of a fallen U.S. Marine, I can tell you, real military men/women cringe over this type of false bravado, particularly from civilians who have never served one day on the front lines. It's shameful.

Sorry for your loss, Jerseymom and I also agree with both of these statements. In a civilized society, we do not preach one thing and the next action; we stoop down to their level by daring them to commit violence.

Posted on: 2014/7/20 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/7/20 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Oh, this is one of the more disgusting reactions to something I've seen on this board.

Someone shows his willingness to stand up to criminals, to support those who are up against them, - and what do the nice citizens of this board do? Well, they attack the guy who's trying to protect them. They are horrified that criminals may get upset! And fat-ass-bike urges criminals to kill the guy, no more no less.

And then you whine about crimes and squeal about unsatisfactory protection you get from the city.

Well, now I change my mind about police pay and benefits. If I were to risk my life to protect a bunch of a-holes like that, I'd demand three times as much in compensation for the job.

Just my opinion

Posted on: 2014/7/20 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Here's a link to an interactive of the number of officers in American cities in 2012. Apparently JC had 798. Compared to the number of 818 after Fulop's push in class, the push doesn't seem all that impressive. Even then we are still below NYC in terms of officers per capita. JC has 37 per 10K residents and NYC is at 60. So while it's good that we are headed in the right direction, I feel that the police force should be at more like 1000-1500 officers in order to get us up to the NYC standard.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/saf ... for-city-departments.html

The NYC ratio is very unusual nationally, and it's not obvious we should be held to it. On a LIST of most populous US cities, NYC is # 6 on the by the most cops per capita, JC is #12. I once asked a captain why Newark had so many more cops, and he intimated they got more aid.

Posted on: 2014/7/20 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, this is one of the more disgusting reactions to something I've seen on this board.

Someone shows his willingness to stand up to criminals, to support those who are up against them, - and what do the nice citizens of this board do? Well, they attack the guy who's trying to protect them. They are horrified that criminals may get upset! And fat-ass-bike urges criminals to kill the guy, no more no less.

Well, now I change my mind about police pay and benefits. If I were to risk my life to protect a bunch of a-holes like that, I'd demand three times as much in compensation for the job.

Posted on: 2014/7/20 4:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Here's a link to an interactive of the number of officers in American cities in 2012. Apparently JC had 798. Compared to the number of 818 after Fulop's push in class, the push doesn't seem all that impressive. Even then we are still below NYC in terms of officers per capita. JC has 37 per 10K residents and NYC is at 60. So while it's good that we are headed in the right direction, I feel that the police force should be at more like 1000-1500 officers in order to get us up to the NYC standard.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/saf ... for-city-departments.html

Posted on: 2014/7/20 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

By RAJ MUKHERJI
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

With various reports indicating the mayor and the Bloods have declared war against each other, that?s too bad for the Bloods. You don?t f*** with a Marine, and you don?t f*** with the JCPD.

EDITOR?S NOTE: Assemblyman Raj Mukherji represents part of Jersey City in the 33rd State Legislative District.

Raj Mukherji is an IDIOT - With language like that in the public arena only incites hostilities and creates a challenge to gangs against police officers.

Raj Mukherji should be sacked for inciting a possible future riot on our streets; I hope the BLOODS target his ignorant dumb-ass.

Well, I don't think he deserves to be targeted by a street gang but a public official should not be using curse words like that when talking to the press. Very unprofessional to say the least.

Unprofessional is an understatement. But what would you expect from someone hired by and supported by the last administration.

Posted on: 2014/7/18 11:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/25 1:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

and the finest Police Department in the country

wait, what?

Posted on: 2014/7/18 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/18 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

By RAJ MUKHERJI
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

This is Raj Mukherji

Resized Image

You don't get it whoelsecoulditbe

Raj is a politician with influence, authority and power, while police officers are law abiding subordinates that are required to obey idiots like him.

I'm hoping for a HUGE outcry with my comment as it was for me with Raj's - I believe at times, some need to experience the same 'medicine' as they dish out

Posted on: 2014/7/18 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I think the tough guys on the message board ought to take it down a notch

Posted on: 2014/7/18 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

By RAJ MUKHERJI
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

This is Raj Mukherji

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/18 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What Raj MUKHERJI is doing is voicing a threat and using police officers as his front-line 'fodder'.

Simply put, Raj is like a general yelling abuse to the enemy, then pushes his soldiers out of the trenches, while he hides behind the firing-line.

Most DISGUSTING behavior by a dumb-ass politician I have ever heard - Maybe you should f*** off Raj, you're just fuelling the fire; if one actually exists!

Posted on: 2014/7/18 1:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

By RAJ MUKHERJI
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

Well, I don't think he deserves to be targeted by a street gang but a public official should not be using curse words like that when talking to the press. Very unprofessional to say the least.

Posted on: 2014/7/18 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

By RAJ MUKHERJI
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

This is Raj Mukherji

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/18 1:05

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/7/18 1:34:29

You don’t f*** with a Marine, and you don’t f*** with the JCPD: Raj Mukherji
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Opinion: Column on Jersey City shootings is wrong; don't mess with this mayor

By RAJ MUKHERJI
SPECIAL TO THE JOURNAL

Respectfully, I disagree with the column ?Deafening silence from City Hall on shootings? by Mr. Morgan, a columnist whom I hold in extremely high regard.

This is a time for our city to unite behind its chief executive and the finest Police Department in the country, not to cast blame where the facts and statistics belie any accusation of inaction.

Indeed, the heinous murder of Patrolman Santiago leaves our beloved Jersey City mourning and deploring the ?insane randomness of urban violence,? particularly gun violence. It was an attack against our entire city.

But the emotions of this terrible week should not translate to ignoring Mayor Fulop?s unassailable record on crime in a short time, or the solid law enforcement work of the JCPD in areas other than those ?neighborhoods (hosting) occupants of the gleaming high rises and pricey brownstones of Downtown.?

By hiring two new classes of officers, Fulop has upped the officer count from 760 to 818. And I know, from getting requests for advocacy, that the city has been working tirelessly for months to secure grants and appropriations to hire more officers.

Last summer, over 200 criminals were arrested in those targeted JCPD sweeps, and the increase in visibility of patrols in problem areas continued into this spring and summer. And that?s more effective with the focus on elevating Jersey City residents to district commanders and taking more officers out of desk jobs.

The mayor, our top-flight public safety director, Jim Shea, and city directors have held regular community meetings with clergy where public safety and responsiveness to concerns are consistently at the forefront of the agenda. That isn?t to say the progress has been perfect. The mayor is the first to acknowledge that, which explains the recent announcement about restructuring to adhere to best practices and replacing the chief.

For these actions to protect our community, he ? and the men and women of Jersey City?s finest ? have my gratitude.

Link - Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2014/7/18 0:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017