Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Jersey City police chief: Fulop devised 'illegal' operation to snarl traffic at Holland Tunnel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
we'll have to agree to disagree on this matter monroe, and wait for any final verdict on this regardless of our own points of view

Posted on: 2014/8/2 2:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Jersey City police chief: Fulop devised 'illegal' operation to snarl traffic at Holland Tunnel
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

But the big difference is that Fulop did order both these actions, only one of which took place-which many feel were political dirty tricks.

If I recall Fulop acknowledged both actions under the 'umbrella' of Public Safety for which I might suggest he would have sort advice from the Director of Public Safety Shea - The stopping of trucks did result in many infringements and citations being issued unlike 'bridgegate'

This however has nothing to do with Cowan being demoted for insubordination.

As for your 'which many feel' remark, my only response it that the media disagree with you and would have jumped at the opportunity to uncover more political upheaval - The media is very quiet on Fulop and one can only conclude there is nothing to conclude from Cowan's claims.

Actually, the Star Ledger nj.com has been reporting about the Fulop Port Authority dirty tricks allegations-including reporting that Whiney wants it looked into by the Attorney General. So it's a bi-partisan demand for more information.

As far as the 'safety initiative' that Fulop's staff keeps referring to-the only one done was at the exit of the Port Authority facility, and the one they didn't do was at the exit of the Port Authority run Holland Tunnel. Isn't it a coinky dinky that the only 'safety initiative city wide' stops were directed at Port Authority facilities? Because there haven't been any others.

Posted on: 2014/8/2 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

But the big difference is that Fulop did order both these actions, only one of which took place-which many feel were political dirty tricks.

If I recall Fulop acknowledged both actions under the 'umbrella' of Public Safety for which I might suggest he would have sort advice from the Director of Public Safety Shea - The stopping of trucks did result in many infringements and citations being issued unlike 'bridgegate'

This however has nothing to do with Cowan being demoted for insubordination.

As for your 'which many feel' remark, my only response it that the media disagree with you and would have jumped at the opportunity to uncover more political upheaval - The media is very quiet on Fulop and one can only conclude there is nothing to conclude from Cowan's claims.

Posted on: 2014/8/2 2:21
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
As I recall, Fulop was persuaded that randomly stopping cars exiting the Holland Tunnel wasn't a good idea, especially when done for political retribution against the Port Authority-and he didn't do it. Stopping every truck leaving the Port Authority owned property may or may not have been legal-but, yes, like Bridgegate, it did happen.

But the big difference is that Fulop did order both these actions, only one of which took place-which many feel were political dirty tricks. No person involved with Christie has accused him of doing the same, unlike Fulop with Cowan, his handpicked Chief of Police.

Posted on: 2014/8/2 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Cowan got the ass for insubordination and failing to take a directive from his superior - Nothing more nothing less ... his only mistake was not following through with the directive. I'm sure he would have given the ass to any subordinates under his command for doing the same - Cowan wanted to be a maverick and its as simple as that - He wasn't fired, he was demoted.

If he thinks he's been ordered to something illegal it's within his rights to refuse.

If Christie ordered Bridget Kelly to 'cause some traffic in Ft. Lee' and she refused would you be ok with her being demoted for not doing it???

In any chain of command you have processes to follow when refusing an order. Cowan didn't pursue that option until he was demoted quite some time after - This can only lead to speculation that he is a disgruntled employee and refuses to accept he screwed up and is looking for some payback.

If Cowan was so adamant that Fulop was forcing him to commit an illegal directive, he should and must object immediately and take it to a higher authority - which Cowan clearly did not.

Just like any Joe Citizen having an issue with their Manager, they have the option to go above them, straight to HR or speak to their union for advice and make a complaint.

Note: No 'illegal' offence as been committed by Fulop regarding this issue - In comparison with Christie, his incident did actually happen and was a political power play stunt.

Posted on: 2014/8/2 1:37

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/8/2 1:56:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Cowan got the ass for insubordination and failing to take a directive from his superior - Nothing more nothing less ... his only mistake was not following through with the directive. I'm sure he would have given the ass to any subordinates under his command for doing the same - Cowan wanted to be a maverick and its as simple as that - He wasn't fired, he was demoted.

If he thinks he's been ordered to something illegal it's within his rights to refuse.

If Christie ordered Bridget Kelly to 'cause some traffic in Ft. Lee' and she refused would you be ok with her being demoted for not doing it???

Posted on: 2014/8/2 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/1 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
I believe the Chief on this. The truth will come out soon enough, unless the buy his silence and that is most likely to happen. The last thing Fulop wants is to be cross examined in a wrongful termination case when he is running for Gov. expect a settlement that will gag the Chief. case closed!

Posted on: 2014/8/1 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
LOL that's not Wildstein said that he told Christie and you know it.

And LOL that somehow the WTC being a waste exculpates the diversion of money for the Skyway...two wrongs somehow make a right for you but I guess that's what happens when you are an apologist for Governor Soprano...

No, what Wildstein has said was that he mentioned to Christie that there was a traffic jam at the Ft. Lee access road. Did he say he told Christie it was something he cooked up with Bridget Kelly to punish the Ft. Lee mayor? If you saw that somewhere, please send it to Whizzy and Whiney-because that hasn't been reported anywhere.

And Governor Soprano-I'm sure you mean Governor Cuomo? He's under investigation by a Federal prosecutor right now for his shutting down the commission he empaneled to root out corruption-until it led to his financial supporters, when he shut it down. Guess we'll never know what Sheldon Silver did to earn the $500,000 he made from a politically connected law firm . . . as his side job! Now that's a scandal!

Posted on: 2014/7/31 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
LOL that's not Wildstein said that he told Christie and you know it.

And LOL that somehow the WTC being a waste exculpates the diversion of money for the Skyway...two wrongs somehow make a right for you but I guess that's what happens when you are an apologist for Governor Soprano...

Posted on: 2014/7/31 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Even Tom Moron of the Star Ledger, while criticizing the free pass that Fulop seems to be getting over politically directed dirty tricks directed at the Port Authority, can't even bring up the proposed Holland Tunnel traffic snafu in the article.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... moran.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Posted on: 2014/7/27 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/23 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Whizzy didn't check in, but Whiney is among the bi-partisan NJ politicians asking for the Attorney General to look into Chief Cowan's statements regarding Fulop's abuse of power. I guess Sweeney hasn't reached a deal yet for Whizzy to sign on to derail Fulop's gubernatorial run?

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... t_fulop.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/7/21 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Except where Wildstein said he knew of it and did nothing to stop it?

Except that Governor Cuomo never directed PA funds to projects wholly unrelated to the PA?

You can't just discard facts you don't like.

Yes, like anyone who read the NJ papers, Christie heard there was a traffic jam at the GWB local Ft. Lee lanes.

You take this to mean that he knew in advance, or helped orchestrate, a political dirty trick? Well, not a single piece of evidence, after millions of dollars spent by Whizzy and Whiney, supports your fantasy. It may give you and the Democrats a stiffy, but that's in your head, not in reality.

And yes, any PA capital expenditures need to be approved by the PA board-made up of political appointees of both states, in this case the Dems in NY with NJ. Exactly what does the Freedom Tower have to do with bi-state transportation anyway? The PATH underground station didn't need the largest tower in the western hemisphere above it to operate, did it? That project makes the Pulaski Skyway remediation cost look like chalk to cheese.

Posted on: 2014/7/18 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Except where Wildstein said he knew of it and did nothing to stop it?

Except that Governor Cuomo never directed PA funds to projects wholly unrelated to the PA?

You can't just discard facts you don't like.

Posted on: 2014/7/18 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I prefer regular monkeys

Posted on: 2014/7/18 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
I think what I like most about JCList is when conversations devolve to the point where it's impossible to agree with anyone.

Spam monkeys are programmed to take over after post #10, and re-post sentences from other threads.

Posted on: 2014/7/17 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Let's hope he doesn't go postal !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/17 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I think what I like most about JCList is when conversations devolve to the point where it's impossible to agree with anyone.

Posted on: 2014/7/17 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And now the Federal Prosecutor basically pissed on the embers of the campfire that the Christie haters have been stoking-yes, Virginia, almost all the speculation (including the Esquire article that said indictments were imminent) is wrong.

During a news conference today about the arrests of a dozen gang members, Fishman was asked about a report in Esquire magazine last month that said he was closing in on criminal targets and would have indictments ready soon.

"I will say this: Reports in the press that purport to describe what I might be thinking or what the people who are working on that matter might be thinking or contemplating have been almost entirely incorrect," Fishman said. "And you should be wary of reports that attribute, for attribution or otherwise, what we?re thinking or what we?re doing."

Posted on: 2014/7/17 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Every excuse for you is "someone else did it". Perhaps you can represent Mr. Campbell and use the Terell Pryor defense "everybody murders". The fact is Christie was caught and whether anyone else signed off or abused the PA for funds in the past, it's illegal, and Christie did it more than once and to a much more serious extent than anyone else.

If you were actually a Jersey City resident, you'd have experienced it first hand. I can walk to the tunnel. There was never a jam. There was a PATH fare increase, signed off by the governor after he pretended not to know about and rerouted all the funds.

And the Sandy funding was completely and totally illegal. Please.

You throw around words like guilty, illegal, abuse, caught

except none of it is true. PATH raise is bi-partisan and bi-state, are you equally accusatory of the NY Governor?

Who and what 'caught' Christie? The 250,000 pieces of electronic evidence that have proven his words that he had nothing to do with it? The fact that no one has testified that he had prior knowledge or had anything to do with it?

Compare that to Fulop and Tunnelgate-where one of his top appointees, the Chief of Police, said he ordered a political dirty trick aimed at punishing the Port Authority.

If Christie is 'caught' by your standards, then please describe what Fulop 'is' right now.

Posted on: 2014/7/17 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Every excuse for you is "someone else did it". Perhaps you can represent Mr. Campbell and use the Terell Pryor defense "everybody murders". The fact is Christie was caught and whether anyone else signed off or abused the PA for funds in the past, it's illegal, and Christie did it more than once and to a much more serious extent than anyone else.

If you were actually a Jersey City resident, you'd have experienced it first hand. I can walk to the tunnel. There was never a jam. There was a PATH fare increase, signed off by the governor after he pretended not to know about and rerouted all the funds.

And the Sandy funding was completely and totally illegal. Please.

Posted on: 2014/7/17 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Misdirecting Sandy funds is not an abuse of power?

Using the Rock's likeness without his permission is not an abuse of power?

Using the ARC funds to repair the Pulaski against federal law was not an abuse of power?

Assigning your baseball team's statician to a made up position at the PA was not an abuse of power?

Scheduling an election not for election day, costing the state 24M is not an abuse of power?

Obama was cleared of any involvement of directing the IRS to do anything MULTIPLE TIMES. And they also investigated liberal groups.

And LOL Zimmer's allegations are identical, they are well after the alleged actions took place and not substantiated by anyone else.

Keep grasping at straws. Christie will be indicted, Fulop will be governor.

Misdirecting Sandy funds? Everything he did was legal, no 'misdirecting'.

Using the Rock's likeness-OMG! Abuse of power? I guess he should be impeached for playing Springsteen songs too!

ARC funds for the Pulaski Skyway? Talk to the Port Authority, ask Cuomo why he signed off on it. Jeez, he saved us a lot of money by using that PA money. Against Federal law? Gee, has he been charged? Did the PA of NY/NJ attorneys sign off on it? Nonsense.

Christie, in his long career in public service, knows many people. The fact that he knew a kid from HS is no biggie. And EVERY SINGLE GOVERNOR makes appointees to the PA. Like when Governor Patterson of NY put his FATHER on the board.

On scheduling the election, it wasn't abuse of power. It was entirely legal. In fact, he shouldn't have scheduled it all, just appointed Chiesa to serve the rest of the term. Which would have been 100% legal. But wait-then you'd say that too was abuse of power!

Obama has been cleared of nothing so far, except when he said the IRS did nothing wrong. Before the investigation is complete. Now destroying IRS files in regards to the investigation, that is abuse of power. And Obama apologized for targeting conservative groups by the IRS. And his IRS honcho has pled the 5th!

Zimmer? Nah, googly eyes has clammed up, even she dropped the story when her credibility was shot. Ever wonder why she's not been called to testify in front of Whizzy and Whiny? PERJURY, that's why they won't call her.

Come back when someone is indicted, Fulop or Christie. Otherwise you're just reading off the 'Hilary for POTUS' script.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Misdirecting Sandy funds is not an abuse of power?

Using the Rock's likeness without his permission is not an abuse of power?

Using the ARC funds to repair the Pulaski against federal law was not an abuse of power?

Assigning your baseball team's statician to a made up position at the PA was not an abuse of power?

Scheduling an election not for election day, costing the state 24M is not an abuse of power?

Obama was cleared of any involvement of directing the IRS to do anything MULTIPLE TIMES. And they also investigated liberal groups.

And LOL Zimmer's allegations are identical, they are well after the alleged actions took place and not substantiated by anyone else.

Keep grasping at straws. Christie will be indicted, Fulop will be governor.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
(I will not add the "gate" suffix to any political scandal until someone explains what water had to do with Watergate)

Not to digress, but Watergate was/is the name of the hotel and office complex in which the Nixon scandal took place.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Abuse of power is abuse of power. It's been well proven how often Christie did just that. If Fulop is found to have gone out of his way to take spiteful actions, then throw the book at him too.

It would be nice, however, to see someone punished for it at some point in time...

Well proven in the minds of who? If anything, the GW traffic jam just proves the opposite. 'Abuse of power' seems to be the mantra of 'when the other party does it' mostly.

IRS scandal? Changing the laws Congress enacts? Do you believe those are abuses of power as well? If you're going to be fair and balanced, yes.

The GWB scandal was an abuse of power. It hasn't been outright proven to be dictated directly by Christie, but there is still time. However, if you think the redirecting of Sandy funds wasn't an abuse of power, I don't know what to tell you.

You'll also note that I didn't limit it to one person. We learned the IRS scandal wasn't one. If it had been, then yes, it's an abuse of power.

This thread is on Fulop and if he abused his power as mayor. Damn straight I want to know.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 17:37
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Well proven in the minds of who?

The sane.

You're a silly goose.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Well proven in the minds of who?

The sane.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Abuse of power is abuse of power. It's been well proven how often Christie did just that. If Fulop is found to have gone out of his way to take spiteful actions, then throw the book at him too.

It would be nice, however, to see someone punished for it at some point in time...

Well proven in the minds of who? If anything, the GW traffic jam just proves the opposite. 'Abuse of power' seems to be the mantra of 'when the other party does it' mostly.

IRS scandal? Changing the laws Congress enacts? Do you believe those are abuses of power as well? If you're going to be fair and balanced, yes.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/16 16:12
Dos A Cero

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017