Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Head of DPW

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/17 1:40
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I heard from a reliable source that Carl Czaplicki will be the new head of DPW, normally, I would ignore this rumor but Carl was with the mayor when he came to St. Anthony's festival.

Fulop will shit live monkies before he gives Czaplicki that job (or any directorship.)

Now THAT is funny! But you're probably right...can't see him giving Czaplicki that job. At least Rizzoli is out...he was such a piece of ****

Posted on: 2014/8/8 1:56

Re: Mike Razzoli is finally out!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
I was now fan of Healy, but the boom we are seeing in the city, DT and in Journal Square is from that administration.

What are you smoking? There is still no real city boom, the Downtown boom started long before Healy and he stalled on Journal Sq. You must have forgotten the 85% tax increase, all the cityworkers, most in the lower paying job category, who were permanently laid off, all the jobs that went to family and friends and all the sweet pay increases that went to same.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I heard from a reliable source that Carl Czaplicki will be the new head of DPW, normally, I would ignore this rumor but Carl was with the mayor when he came to St. Anthony's festival.

Fulop will shit live monkies before he gives Czaplicki that job (or any directorship.)

There are a lot of people who crawl up the mayor's posterior and get nowhere. One of the most disgusting displays I recently saw was the 'legend in his own mind' I. Syed who attached himself to the Mayor's entourage at McLaughlin's during Det. Santiago's viewing. He waltzed in with the group and pushed his way to the front so he could increase his chances of a photo op. IMO his sorry ass should have been tossed but such a sad occasion is neither the time nor place.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2014/7/27 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/27 2:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

New Head of DPW
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/27 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
But honestly how great would it have been to have gone to one of his bbq's?

Posted on: 2014/7/26 12:40
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I'm sure he's more upset at the loss of the grill. And the running water!

Posted on: 2014/7/25 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/25 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Oh like you could resist the allure of freshly grilled cheeseburgers on your private patio at work

Posted on: 2014/7/4 2:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 17:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
He appointed a Deputy mayor and said he was full time, it turns out he was running a consulting business out of the mayors office.

Really? Tell me more.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
Always easier to pick apart the king than to be the king. . . . there are some things Steve Fulop has done right, but he is definitely pulling a Christie here by hiring incompetents who only look out for themselves. A guy installs a gas line without city permission and is not immediately fired, shocking.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 15:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/6 11:43
From Historic Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

richieveal wrote:
I certainly hope he doesn't go back to DOB. Power went to this mans head. We cannot have civil servants running around as if they are king. They are supposed to work for us. I also know this was Fulop's guy, and that Fulop knew that Razzoli had his issues but still protected him. Politics makes strange bed partners. He should have distanced himself from him from the beginning but he needed every vote he could to get elected.
I really hope he never comes back here.

How can a person who demonstrates that he himself can not live up to the standards he is charged with enforcing hold such a position? He should be barred from any such position for life!

Posted on: 2014/7/3 12:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Steve Fulop ran for the job for 8 years!! For eight years he screamed that he was different and would change the old political ways. A year ago he came into office with a massive transition report and his first decisions were wrong! Cowen as Chief of Police was a bust! Razzoli as the DPW Director wrong!! He appointed a Deputy mayor and said he was full time, it turns out he was running a consulting business out of the mayors office. He chased out the Executive Director of the Housing Authority, Maria Maio and Obana thought so highly of her, he appointed her to run HUD in the entire state. He appointed Anthony Cruz as the HEDC Director. The man put political signs up for a living! I was now fan of Healy, but the boom we are seeing in the city, DT and in Journal Square is from that administration. Being the mayor of JC is a tough, full time job. Steve said he was up for that job and the minute he got that job, he started running for another job-govenor!!!

Posted on: 2014/7/3 11:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I certainly hope he doesn't go back to DOB. Power went to this mans head. We cannot have civil servants running around as if they are king. They are supposed to work for us. I also know this was Fulop's guy, and that Fulop knew that Razzoli had his issues but still protected him. Politics makes strange bed partners. He should have distanced himself from him from the beginning but he needed every vote he could to get elected.
I really hope he never comes back here.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 10:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Sources: Jersey City DPW director under fire for plan to install grill outside office

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
July 02, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Has the Jersey City DPW director's plans for a secret private barbecue grill led to his impending exit as one of the city's top administration officials?

That's what sources are telling The Jersey Journal about Mike Razzoli, who will soon be out as Jersey City's public-works director.

It's not clear whether Razzoli will be out of city government entirely or just as head of the DPW. But sources who asked not to be identified discussing personnel moves said Mayor Steve Fulop asked for Razzoli's resignation today.

The move comes as Razzoli faces questions about how a gas line ended up in the new DPW complex, under construction on East Linden Avenue. Sources say the gas line leads from the complex's ground-floor boiler room up to Razzoli's third-floor office, and that Razzoli wanted it so he could put a grill on his private balcony.
jjxrazzoli1118.JPGMichael Razzoli

Razzoli's apparent departure as DPW chief has stunned some city officials. Razzoli was a major supporter of Fulop during last year's mayoral campaign, and he was one of the first appointments Fulop made after he became mayor.

Read more from the Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2014/7/3 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
Mayor you need to own these poor decisions. They are yours. You are hands on. You made these poor decisions. You had 8 years to get them right and you got them wrong!!

Uh, he is owning these decisions by getting rid of these people. He is making decisions right by firing ineffective people. He's getting hands on by asking people for resignations. What else do you people want?

He didn't even fire him, as it looks like this idiot will be reappointed to his old position, eventually receiving a nice fat pension.

Since Fulop tried to rectify the damage he caused by promoting this guy in the first place, I'd say everything balances out to a net neutral for this issue. But next time, I'd want Fulop to appoint a qualified guy he trusts.
\

More accurately he will revert to his old title. Top level appointments are at will (although the council can conceivably intervene). If someone who was a political appointment came from a civil service title, then he or she still has civil service protection in the old title, although it is possible that what Razzoli did would be considered actionable misconduct even though it happened in the director's position.

This is what happened to the various Healy administration department heads when Fulop replaced them. Not because Fulop wanted to reappoint them, but because those titles are not subject to political firings.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
Mayor you need to own these poor decisions. They are yours. You are hands on. You made these poor decisions. You had 8 years to get them right and you got them wrong!!

Uh, he is owning these decisions by getting rid of these people. He is making decisions right by firing ineffective people. He's getting hands on by asking people for resignations. What else do you people want?

He didn't even fire him, as it looks like this idiot will be reappointed to his old position, eventually receiving a nice fat pension.

Since Fulop tried to rectify the damage he caused by promoting this guy in the first place, I'd say everything balances out to a net neutral for this issue. But next time, I'd want Fulop to appoint a qualified guy he trusts.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/7/3 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
A barbecue grill and a private balcony, he probably had plans to stay there in between trips home.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I am now determined to find a way to have a secret BBQ grill at my workplace.

Posted on: 2014/7/3 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Mike Razzoli is fulop's guy. It was his decision to put him in that position at the DPW. To Healy's credit he tried to get rid of Razzoli and Fulop protected him. You really have to question Fulop's decisions making capability. He hand picked the Chief of Police also. Another Fulop decision. He ran for the office of mayor for 8 years and came into office unprepared to run the city. Mayor you need to own these poor decisions. They are yours. You are hands on. You made these poor decisions. You had 8 years to get them right and you got them wrong!!

Posted on: 2014/7/3 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

richieveal wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ng_down.html#incart_river

This guy is a piece of sh-t. I couldn't be happier that he is out. It' took a long time but it was done.

Thank you Fulop!!!!

Didn't Fulop appoint him to director, and then give him a pass on the residency requirement he said he'd make director level staff adhere to?

And this is entertaining, so it deserves to stay in Arts and Entertainment! Two of Fulop's first top appointees gone after a year, who's next??

Posted on: 2014/7/2 21:29

Mike Razzoli is finally out!!!!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ng_down.html#incart_river

This guy is a piece of sh-t. I couldn't be happier that he is out. It' took a long time but it was done.

Thank you Fulop!!!!

Posted on: 2014/7/2 20:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017