Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
43 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 43

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: what's the status of White Eagle Hall?

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
This article makes me hopeful that White Eagle Hall will bring some nationally and regionally touring acts to Jersey City. Monty Hall has done a nice job booking some surprisingly well known and well regarded bands, but a bigger venue (like White Eagle Hall) could do a lot for the live music scene here.

Quote FTA: "White Eagle Hall’s performance schedule is literally top secret at the moment – non-disclosure agreements have been signed and details cannot be released until a certain time -
which is extremely exciting. They promise a packed fall schedule that will slowly reveal itself this summer."

https://jerseydigs.com/white-eagle-hal ... -newark-avenue-reopening/

Non-disclosure agreements regarding a performance schedule?

Odd.

It may have something to do with the fact that the owner is currently in the process of selling investment interest in the Hall and it's revenues/expenses

Posted on: 4/10 21:53
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
This article makes me hopeful that White Eagle Hall will bring some nationally and regionally touring acts to Jersey City. Monty Hall has done a nice job booking some surprisingly well known and well regarded bands, but a bigger venue (like White Eagle Hall) could do a lot for the live music scene here.

Quote FTA: "White Eagle Hall’s performance schedule is literally top secret at the moment – non-disclosure agreements have been signed and details cannot be released until a certain time -
which is extremely exciting. They promise a packed fall schedule that will slowly reveal itself this summer."

Non-disclosure agreements regarding a performance schedule?

Odd.

Posted on: 4/8 11:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the Nimbus Dance event yesterday. Very unique, detailed and physical choreographies in interesting music arrangements. The stage lighting truly made them shine. This is a great venue for JC productions, I will be back!

Posted on: 4/8 9:09
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 4/7 17:07
Print Top

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Tonight's the Night! Jersey City's White Eagle Reopens with performance by Nimbus Dance Works, presented by Jersey City Theater Center!

Friday 4/7 7:30pm

www.jctcenter.org" rel="external" title="">Tickets: www.jctcenter.org

Posted on: 4/7 8:47
Print Top

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 3/19 21:01
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
About 3 months since the last update to this thread. Anyone hear of anything new going on? The timeline is well past comical.

Posted on: 3/19 20:08
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
From The Island
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking with a friend involved with the project there, my understanding was that they are planning a slew of private events to start off with in order to hone their game so to speak (work out all the kinks of running a place like that) prior to going public.

Posted on: 12/9 22:54
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I saw there was an event there earlier this week, and pics looked great. not sure why it's not fully holding shows yet.

Posted on: 12/9 12:45
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Any new news?

Posted on: 12/5 20:50
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I posted this in a new thread but I realized most people would probably be checking this thread for news instead. There's a preview of White Eagle Hall as part of the Theater Center's fundraiser on Monday:

Quote:
Hey I'm posting this on behalf of the Jersey City Theater Center. They are a non-profit arts organization that runs Merseles Studios (artist studios & black box theater on Newark Ave above Monaco Lock). They are also involved with programming at the soon to open White Eagle Hall.

Monday is their Summer Fundraiser, and there are still some spaces available. The fundraiser will take place at Madame Claude Bis and Cellar 335, which are the two restaurants (currently open!) below White Eagle Hall. During the fundraiser, guests will have an opportunity to tour White Eagle Hall!

Monday, September 19th, 6:30 - 10:30
Open Bar & Dinner
Business Casual Attire

Click Here for Tickets

Posted on: 2016/9/15 13:47
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/9 13:54
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/1 2:57
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
There is nothing I want more than a decent sized concert venue in Jersey City. With White Eagle Hall constantly delayed and the Loews likely never to be renovated to the grandeur that it (and we) deserve, I don't have high hopes.

Posted on: 2016/2/18 15:00
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Six weeks since the last post in this thread. Any updates!? Spring is fast approaching. Any chance of this place opening before Summer so we can enjoy a few music acts locally before 2017??

Posted on: 2016/2/18 12:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Madame Claude's will probably open before the venue space, fyi. Things are looking pretty cool in there. It's definitely still an active construction site.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 21:42
Print Top

Hide User information
From The Village
Group:
Registered Users
Have walked by several times in the last few months and definitely saw signs of construction work going on

Madame Claude's sign has been installed on the 4th Street side, behind the White Eagle, so that's progress

Posted on: 2016/1/7 19:21
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Do we know for sure if it's still an active construction site? I haven't seen any press, Facebook updates, website updates for maybe a year or so...

Posted on: 2016/1/7 18:23
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Anybody seen any construction going on at White Eagle Hall? Who wants to place bets on what opens first, Monty's Bar or White Eagle Hall?

I was going to revive this thread a few days ago with the obligatory "is there an update?" post but held off. A true shame all the way around... It will be at least two years behind schedule by the time it opens. I hope they make it on time for the Summer season.

Posted on: 2016/1/7 17:41
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anybody seen any construction going on at White Eagle Hall? Who wants to place bets on what opens first, Monty's Bar or White Eagle Hall?

Posted on: 2016/1/7 17:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Time for the quarterly bump of this thread. Anyone have any new info?

A huge LOL at this. The opening is now delayed by over 18 months. First it was Spring 2014, which TQ deemed as "always unrealistic", but we were told surely by Summer... of 2014. Then it was November 2014, then maybe Spring 2015. It's November, and given the impending arrival of Winter, why not just assume Spring 2016 (at the EARLIEST!) and hope a miracle takes place?

Posted on: 2015/11/5 13:10
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Time for the quarterly bump of this thread. Anyone have any new info?

Posted on: 2015/11/5 11:19
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I've been inside fairly recently, the most complicated stuff is done, and the restaurants downstairs are looking pretty good. It's a really interesting space because they've preserved a lot of the unique historical aspects, including the flooring, the balcony, the brickwork, and the awesome stained glass. But it's also got some cool state of the art stuff like the floating floor for sound isolation with the downstairs restaurants, and floating walls to protect the old brick walls. Things are definitely moving along, I'm pretty psyched for the space to open.

I don't know about the timeframe because I don't know how fast construction goes, but things have definitely picked up quickly since the permits were approved and the brutal winter ended.

Posted on: 2015/8/7 19:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I know that Mme Claude restaurant is progressing quite well there and they should be the first to open. Hang on people, this is like the pulaski skyway!

Posted on: 2015/8/7 19:16
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCTCenter wrote:
Hi everyone,

I think we are all very excited and hopeful about the opening of White Eagle Hall. I assure you, however long it takes, we will open. There are always things in construction that are out of our control, but we are now moving along steadily. I know it must be nerve racking not being able to see all of the work going on inside, but contractors are there every day. Keep in mind, there is an intricate project that needs careful oversight for sound isolation, specialized wiring, specialized sound, a lot of restoration so its a bit more complicated than a usual space.

We are really trying to give White Eagle Hall a 21st century functionality and at the same time preserve as much of the historical elements as we can. In the meanwhile, Merseles Studios have recently re-opened, and we are programing some play readings, shows, gallery openings and other interesting events. I definitely suggest signing up for our mailing list and following us on Facebook for updates on both White Eagle Hall and Merseles Studios!

It's been three months since the last update. Anything to report!? Quickly losing hope here. Any chance you will open before the year is over? Or, are you now shooting for Spring 2016??

Posted on: 2015/8/7 17:55
Print Top

Hide User information
From Newark Ave
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I think we are all very excited and hopeful about the opening of White Eagle Hall. I assure you, however long it takes, we will open. There are always things in construction that are out of our control, but we are now moving along steadily. I know it must be nerve racking not being able to see all of the work going on inside, but contractors are there every day. Keep in mind, there is an intricate project that needs careful oversight for sound isolation, specialized wiring, specialized sound, a lot of restoration so its a bit more complicated than a usual space.

We are really trying to give White Eagle Hall a 21st century functionality and at the same time preserve as much of the historical elements as we can. In the meanwhile, Merseles Studios have recently re-opened, and we are programing some play readings, shows, gallery openings and other interesting events. I definitely suggest signing up for our mailing list and following us on Facebook for updates on both White Eagle Hall and Merseles Studios!

Posted on: 2015/5/7 11:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Quite a different story at the Monty Bar near the Grove Path, it looks like it isn't going to make it except if new investors, so sad..

WTF??!??! Why does it have to be so difficult to open a new business in JC??? How many good potential businesses are we going to lose before something is done about the process? Embarrassing.

I think this project tops Atomic Wings for best potential business that was under construction forever and never opened.

I don't think permits were the real problem with Monty's, I think he tried to do it mostly by himself and didn't have the time/ability/cash to pull it off.

Posted on: 2015/5/7 7:39
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
it sure is easy when you bribe the right people

Posted on: 2015/5/6 22:12
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Quite a different story at the Monty Bar near the Grove Path, it looks like it isn't going to make it except if new investors, so sad..

WTF??!??! Why does it have to be so difficult to open a new business in JC??? How many good potential businesses are we going to lose before something is done about the process? Embarrassing.

I think this project tops Atomic Wings for best potential business that was under construction forever and never opened.

Technically, Atomic Wings *did* open. It just that it took the owner SO LONG, that by the time he was able to open, he was so far into a debt hole that he couldn't get out. Bon Chon got the best deal ever: a turn key operation already configured for frying chicken.

Of course, here we are bemoaning the obviously broken system that is the Buildings Department, but here is a JCList thread of an NJ Biz article of the Talde guys crowing about how smooth a process it was to open in JC: JCLIST cross post of NJ Biz (bizarre) article.

Posted on: 2015/5/6 22:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:

Posted on: 2015/5/6 20:40
Print Top

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017