Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Jersey City restarting process to select ambulance provider
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Today I was notified that Bayonne Medical Center, Hoboken University Medical Center and Christ Hospital are not participating in the UnitedHealthcare network.

If I have an emergency, they will cover it. But once I am stabilized, I better get the hell out of there.

This has been the case for a while now. Carepoint is off limits for several major insurers. And that was always the biggest fear of letting them become our ambulance provider. We'd have to cover the ambulance rides out of pocket and pay the bills for any hospital services when they take you to one of their facilities even though JCMC is available, and covered by almost all insurance companies.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 12:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I thought it was Blue Cross that was being ousted. This seems worse than the cable conflicts.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 2:07
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Today I was notified that Bayonne Medical Center, Hoboken University Medical Center and Christ Hospital are not participating in the UnitedHealthcare network.

If I have an emergency, they will cover it. But once I am stabilized, I better get the hell out of there.

Posted on: 2015/2/10 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/16 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/13 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
JCMC wins contract to provide Jersey City emergency medical services

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
November 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Jersey City Medical Center?Barnabas Health EMTs, officials and supporters applauded, shouted and jumped from their seats tonight after the Jersey City City Council awarded the hospital the city?s emergency medical services contract over CarePoint, which had partnered with McCabe Ambulance of Bayonne.

?The Jersey City Medical Center appreciates the support received from community associations and groups throughout the city,? Medical Center CEO Joseph Scott said. "We are grateful for the opportunity to continue serving the entire Jersey City community as Jersey City Medical Center EMS has done for more than a century.?

Read more:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ervices.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/11/13 5:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City City Council puts vote for city EMS contract on agenda for Wednesday

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
November 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

At tonight?s Jersey City City Council caucus meeting a resolution awarding Jersey City Medical Center ? St. Barnabas Health the contract for the city?s emergency medical services was placed on the agenda for a final vote Wednesday.

Also placed on the agenda for Wednesday was the first reading of an ordinance dissolving the Jersey City Parking Authority and consolidating its functions into the city?s Department of Public Safety, with the aim of cutting costs, as well as increasing efficiency and accountability.

?We look forward to continuing to serve Jersey City as we have for more than a century,? said Medical Center CEO Joseph F. Scott, who attended tonight?s meeting. ?We are proud to provide basic life support to Jersey City?s residents and visitors in every community.?

Last year, Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop announced he wanted CarePoint, partnering with McCabe Ambulance of Bayonne, to get the contract. A council vote approving the switch was postponed in December, with a city spokeswoman saying federal officials were reviewing the city's plan.

Read More:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... agenda_for_wednesday.html

Posted on: 2014/11/11 4:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/12 22:31
From 07305
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/10 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I want to say Congratulations to Councilman Boggiano, he is the first person that made this an issue. As a retired police officer, he saw how efficient the JC EMS is and he didn't want to lose it. When this was brought up in the caucus, the city council did not raise objections, except Boggiano. Thanks, Councilman Boggiano.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

In the end, this is the right result, although it is a shame that a law designed to prevent bribery is used to prevent a city from actually recognizing revenue on a service that makes money for the vendor bidding for it.

It isn't a shame at all. The prior bid would have given the city a token revenue increase in exchange for financially devastating any resident who was unlucky enough to need one of McCabe's ambulances. Read about out of network ambulance bills.

Not to mention the suspicions that the McCabe folk donated money to Fulop in order to get this contract so that they could hijack patients to their hospitals which have been labelled the most expensive hospitals in the country. No thanks.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 1:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
The process was the same last year. A committee reviewed and ranked the proposals. When the proposal came out the way some people didn't like, they screamed "lack of transparency!" They demanded that an explanation be given for virtually every factor that was reviewed.

The Law Department put a hold on the contract because there was a question as to whether offering to pay for contract violated the Medicaid Anti-Kickback law, even though it was a competitively bid contract. Even though that's not the point of the law, it is drafted broadly enough to raise concerns. So in the end they removed the item from the agenda and rebid the contract.

This year. A committed reviewed and ranked the proposals. The proposal came out the other way. None of the critics of the prior recommendation are now demanding to know why the committee voted the way it did. And no one will consider this being "rammed through" or "rubber stamped" even though there will be a vote next week.

In the end, this is the right result, although it is a shame that a law designed to prevent bribery is used to prevent a city from actually recognizing revenue on a service that makes money for the vendor bidding for it.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I am very happy to be proven wrong here. Bravo to the Mayor for listening to the people and doing the right thing!

HCResident, it's worth noting that he did ram this proposal through last year. His council rubber stamped it. The only reason it got held up is because some NJ Attorney board reviewed it for being illegal.

I thought we'd have the same thing again, but nope, Fulop listened to the people. Now everyone won't get financially raped if they have to take an out of network CarePoint ambulance. Fulop is making some great moves lately.

It is also interesting to note that Bayonne now wants to look into other ambulance services. McCabe has been the only provider of ambulance service in Bayonne for years & their record of service is abyssmal not to mention that you have to pay for the service because they do not accept any insurance.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HCResident wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I think Fulop saw the writing on the wall, while it is hard to do some people was talking recall, which is embarrassing if you are running for governor.

Yvonne,

This is a real question for you, not flame throwing.

What is it, if anything, Mayor Fulop can do that would please you?

It always seems to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario with you when it comes to this mayor. Had he rammed the first proposal through, last year, which he probably could have done since his team overwhelmingly controls the City Council, you would have screamed bloody murder. And then when he stops, because the citizenry balked, and he listens to them, then he's doing it strictly for political reasons.

Don't we want someone who reacts to the will of the people? Isn't that what representative government is all about?

It's the same with the Greenville Yards situation. He made a proposal, everyone hated it, he backed down. What is so bad about that?

I see all of these things, like the Ambulance Provider and the Greenville Yards proposals as ways of bringing more money into the city coffers, or at least save some money, without having to go back to the taxpayers again and again. Some of them work, some of them don't. And in two very large instances, the mayor has ultimately done what the people of Jersey City wanted.

Just to be clear. I don't have a problem with disagreeing with the mayor or anyone else in the political arena on some issues. I completely disagree with Mayor Fulop's stance on canceling the Revaluation. Being that I live in a newer building, without a PILOT, I'm taxed at a higher rate than a lot of my neighbors who own much more square footage that I do. I think that's unfair. They get the benefit of higher property values and lower taxes when they sell. That's a form of welfare as far as I'm concerned. So I think his decision is wrong on this instance.

But you seem to disagree with everything. It's one constant gripe after the next.

So really, back to my original question. What is it that this mayor can do, or does do that pleases you? Anything?

Beuller Beuller?

I am glad you asked that question, Fulop can act like Councilman Fulop not this new person called Mayor Fulop. Councilman Fulop voted against terminal leave, Mayor Fulop took the money for terminal leave and spent it. Councilman Fulop voted against waterfront abatements, Mayor Fulop is giving double the amount of time on waterfront abatements than Mayor Healy- Healy 10 years, Fulop 20 years. Councilman Fulop attacked Mayor Healy over Bid Rig, but the first thing he does, hire McGreevey and later Eugene McKnight. If you are going to rebrand the city, it starts with not hiring people who went to prison for welfare fraud, or an ex-governor who was named McGreedy based on contracts. So I hope I answer your question.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Sure thing. Easy enough mistake to make -- everything went very quickly last time around. JC announced it wanted to award the bid to CarePoint on a Friday afternoon and by Wednesday afternoon, it had been pulled from the agenda.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:
His council rubber stamped it.

They might have, but they did not get the chance. They never voted on it.

Ah, ok, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the correction.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
His council rubber stamped it.

They might have, but they did not get the chance. They never voted on it.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 23:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I am very happy to be proven wrong here. Bravo to the Mayor for listening to the people and doing the right thing!

HCResident, it's worth noting that he did ram this proposal through last year. His council rubber stamped it. The only reason it got held up is because some NJ Attorney board reviewed it for being illegal.

I thought we'd have the same thing again, but nope, Fulop listened to the people. Now everyone won't get financially raped if they have to take an out of network CarePoint ambulance. Fulop is making some great moves lately.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 23:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I think Fulop saw the writing on the wall, while it is hard to do some people was talking recall, which is embarrassing if you are running for governor.

Yvonne,

This is a real question for you, not flame throwing.

What is it, if anything, Mayor Fulop can do that would please you?

It always seems to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario with you when it comes to this mayor. Had he rammed the first proposal through, last year, which he probably could have done since his team overwhelmingly controls the City Council, you would have screamed bloody murder. And then when he stops, because the citizenry balked, and he listens to them, then he's doing it strictly for political reasons.

Don't we want someone who reacts to the will of the people? Isn't that what representative government is all about?

It's the same with the Greenville Yards situation. He made a proposal, everyone hated it, he backed down. What is so bad about that?

I see all of these things, like the Ambulance Provider and the Greenville Yards proposals as ways of bringing more money into the city coffers, or at least save some money, without having to go back to the taxpayers again and again. Some of them work, some of them don't. And in two very large instances, the mayor has ultimately done what the people of Jersey City wanted.

Just to be clear. I don't have a problem with disagreeing with the mayor or anyone else in the political arena on some issues. I completely disagree with Mayor Fulop's stance on canceling the Revaluation. Being that I live in a newer building, without a PILOT, I'm taxed at a higher rate than a lot of my neighbors who own much more square footage that I do. I think that's unfair. They get the benefit of higher property values and lower taxes when they sell. That's a form of welfare as far as I'm concerned. So I think his decision is wrong on this instance.

But you seem to disagree with everything. It's one constant gripe after the next.

So really, back to my original question. What is it that this mayor can do, or does do that pleases you? Anything?

Beuller Beuller?

Posted on: 2014/11/6 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/6 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Steve I see from the below post you are going with the JCMC ?.do you think you could give the guy who came up with the idea about splitting the city in two a Jersey City participation certificate or something anyway? It was a pretty interesting idea. I asked Terrence for a JJ mention but he never came through with it.

Posted on: 2014/11/6 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/6 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Just like with the garbage center in Greenville, I suspect another Fulop ram job is coming.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 18:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 07305
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/5 15:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/26 22:57
Group:
Registered Users
Link?

Posted on: 2014/11/5 3:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 07305
Group:
Registered Users
There is a poll on nj.com about transparency please vote.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/4 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne (or Terrence ) if you know anyone involved in the new contract and if they are going with the two provider idea. Ask them how and when they came up with the idea of splitting the city in two.

Activists urge more transparency ahead of Jersey City ambulance contract vote
By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on November 03, 2014 at 2:54 PM

A group of Jersey City activists gathered in front of City Hall this morning to demand more transparency from Mayor Steve Fulop's administration ahead of the City Council's ambulance contract vote.

The council is set to vote next week to award a contract to one of two companies vying to provide the city's basic life support ambulance service. A committee of city officials and community members has given the city its recommendation, but Fulop has said he won't divulge it until the measure goes before the council.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ct_vote.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/11/3 20:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 07305
Group:
Registered Users
South Greenville residents would most likely be transported to
Care Point Bayonne Hospital $$$$$$ unless its for trauma.
Bayonne Hosp is the most expensive hospital in the country.

Monday Noon City Hall

http://hudsoncountyview.com/letter-jo ... y-ems-contract-city-hall/

Posted on: 2014/11/1 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I understand, LeFrak does not like the boundaries the city has proposed under this new deal. They want the lines changed.

Posted on: 2014/11/1 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I saw Pat O'Melia show from Hudson Media Group, he called the council Fulop's lemmings over this contract. The last time, Yun and Boggiano was not in favor. Now two others are excusing themselves, the contract needs five to pass, the reminder of the 5 council members must vote yes.

Posted on: 2014/10/29 17:01

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017