Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking in the Heights?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/1 15:38
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I concur with HITH.
Street parking is pretty abundant during the day and at twilight.
Come home after 10:00 pm and it's pot luck. Sometimes it is locked up like a drum. If you know you are going to be out late, I would park the car early and take an Uber cab to your destination.
This is a nice part of the Heights with an awful lot on going on in terms of new faces, business and all around positive vibe.
Good luck.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 20:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/28 21:45
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
We have lived in the Heights since last November, right in front of Riverview Park. Our home did not come with parking either. My brother-in-law lives within a mile of us (in another HC city though) so we garaged our car at his place during the winter, because he had 2 spots and at the time both of us commuted to work via public transport. We haven't imposed on him since about March.

Finding parking is still really really easy-even more so now that my husband commutes to work by car every day (got a new job), because we no longer have to do the street cleaning shuffle if we get lazy about driving the car to my BIL's house. The only scary thing is the idea of dealing with another winter like we just had with my husband as a car commuter. Our most miserable hour was not finding street parking, it was digging our car out of frozen ice the one day that we tried street parking it in the middle of winter and ended up in the middle of a storm.

I also researched garaging our car in the area (for when my BIL moves). It's about a 10 minute walk from Riverview Fisk, but people who have condos in the building in front of the 9th street light rail (Hoboken), and even the big coop complex in UC right above the 9th street light rail (forget the name) rent out their spots for about $125 to $200 a month. I discovered these parking spots for rent on Craigslist last November. I have not searched seriously for a spot since then because my BIL has been so nice about letting us park.

I hope that helps. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Posted on: 2014/5/22 20:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/3 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
We have lived in the Heights since 2006 near Riverview Park. The majority of the time we can find street parking within half a block of our house. Coming home late a night on a friday or saturday is usually the hardest time to find parking, but we still usually find parking within a couple blocks. The worst we have ever had to park is 3-4 blocks away on a night like that.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://heightshope.webs.com/

http://riverviewneighborhood.org/

Try either of these block associations they might have some leads.

Posted on: 2014/5/22 15:27
Get on your bikes and ride !

Parking in the Heights?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/29 3:50
Group:
Registered Users
My family is considering moving from DT to the heights near Riverview Park. We are outgrowing our 2bedroom apartment. We found a great place, but it doesn't have parking.

is street parking a challenge in the Heights? I did street parking in Brooklyn for two years, so I have realistic expectations.

Are there any garages or parking lots? A google search came up dry, but maybe there are informal arrangements?

thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2014/5/22 15:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017