Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Visitors Pummel J.C. Victim
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i believ its pummel, not plummet

Posted on: 2014/5/12 18:12

Re: Visitors Plummet J.C. Victim
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Not a peep about this on the local news. Something tells me if these random attacks on people walking home from the subway happened in the Village, Park Slope or downtown Brooklyn it'd be at or near the top of the news.

Isn't the Jersey Journal, local news?

Sorry, but from my experience, most muggings in NYC (even in nice areas of Manhatta) don't make headline news.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Sorry, but Mr. Rouse - assuming he's guilty, and he likely is since he was caught pretty much red-handed - has lost the right to be be treated as a human. Good luck to ya, Mel.

I could just easily say the same for you.

I love it when people are so uppity they think random comments on an Internet forum are equal to or worse than heinous crimes committed in real life.

Talk about having no perspective. Or perhaps on an eternal quest to find something to be "offended" about.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
I'm sure you could, if by that you mean that I hold people accountable for their actions and don't think it's okay to bash innocent strangers in the head. Apparently you have lower standards of behavior than I.

mabye steve just wants to "rouse" them

Posted on: 2014/5/12 17:58
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure you could, if by that you mean that I hold people accountable for their actions and don't think it's okay to bash innocent strangers in the head. Apparently you have lower standards of behavior than I.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Sorry, but Mr. Rouse - assuming he's guilty, and he likely is since he was caught pretty much red-handed - has lost the right to be be treated as a human. Good luck to ya, Mel.

I could just easily say the same for you.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/12 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Something tells me Melvin Q. Rouse has been down this road before. I hope this time he meets some new friends in the shower in lockup.

Rape jokes. Classic!

Don't drop the soap!

Posted on: 2014/5/12 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Something tells me Melvin Q. Rouse has been down this road before. I hope this time he meets some new friends in the shower in lockup.

Rape jokes. Classic!

Posted on: 2014/5/12 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/12 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Unless it is more severe then i think the news will cover it. Both victims survived and were not in critical condition, so i guess it's another day in DTJC. They should name and shame these kids... who do they think they are? terrorizing good citizens of JC.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
Not a peep about this on the local news. Something tells me if these random attacks on people walking home from the subway happened in the Village, Park Slope or downtown Brooklyn it'd be at or near the top of the news.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Those kids were out on a school night. Don't they have parental supervision?

Posted on: 2014/5/12 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
was wondering if any news would surface on this - received this email first thing friday morning from a friend of a friend:

"Last night was horrific. I was walking home from Grove St, minding my own business. I heard one foot step behind me and slam. I was cracked in the back of the head with a sock filled with batteries. I turned around in complete shock and the girl who swung the sock was now waving it above her head like a lasso and her and the 2 dudes she was with started chasing me. I ran thru Grand St, screaming, running in a zigzag pattern, not knowing if they had guns, etc. I finally made it back to my apartment and fell thru the door.

We called the cops. They came over for a statement... and while I was talking, they got a call that they had caught the ppl who fit my description. Apparently they hit a guy in the back of the head with a metal pipe 15 minutes after me and he was being rushed to the hospital. I went down to the location in the back of a cop car and identified the one girl. Sat in the police station for 2 hours giving statements, recordings, etc.

Unfortunately all the kids were 16-17 yrs old, meaning they cannot be held as adults. That's why this "knock out game" continues, bc these kids are just released after assaulting people.
""game" played by teens in which they find a person walking alone and try to knock out the unsuspecting person with a single blow.

I learned a few things, if nothing else
1.) Always take cabs home. Always.
2.) I'm really fast when I need to be. I mean, I out ran 3 kids after eating DinoBBQ
3.) Be alert when walking around
4.) Try to always have a buddy
5.) Advil is hardly a pain reliever... or maybe "getting hit in the head with batteries" isn't one of the ailments it cures."

warm weather brings more crime! don't make yourself a target.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Scary. Why are these thugs here? I can't believe a 15 year old girl could commit such a crime. How awful. Scary. It seems that DTJC is not safe.why don't they provide sketch or better description of the assailants so we all know who to look out for? What were they like/wearing?

Posted on: 2014/5/12 10:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I wish the media and people in general would not refer to these types of people and individuals as thugs, punks or gangs when in fact they are TERRORISTS - Give them a negative title and it doesn't come across as just kids misbehaving, as many would like to believe.

TERRORIST:

ter?ror?ist [ter-er-ist] Show IPA noun

1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.

4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

adjective
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

Wow. So brave.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 10:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I wish the media and people in general would not refer to these types of people and individuals as thugs, punks or gangs when in fact they are TERRORISTS - Give them a negative title and it doesn't come across as just kids misbehaving, as many would like to believe.

TERRORIST:

ter?ror?ist [ter-er-ist] Show IPA noun

1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.

4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

adjective
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 9:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Case in point, do it downtown and you get caught. Only the dumbest criminals would commit crimes in areas were they are more likely to be held to account. While DT more have more wealth to steal from, they will also catch your ass. Have fun in Juve, ass-wipes! Hopefully they try you as adults. Too bad we don't have Singapore's punishment and they could just give you a few good lashings.

More cameras, more accountability.

Posted on: 2014/5/12 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
It's a crime the way the Jersey Journal writes. Grant and Barrow? Grand Avenue and Green?
----------------------------------------------------------

Girl, 15, and teenage boys assault woman, then minutes later, rob man with tire irons in Jersey City: police

Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal By Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal
on May 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM, updated May 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM

A 15-year-old East Orange girl and two teenage boys have been arrested for assaulting a woman, robbing a man with a tire iron and receiving a stolen car in Jersey City, according to Jersey City police spokesman Bob McHugh.

The three acted in concert with Melvin Q. Rouse, also known as "Juice," 19, of Newark and two other teenage boys, he said. All six were arrested on Thursday.

Two of the teenage boys are 16-year-olds from East Orange, while the other two teenage boys are 14-year-olds from Paterson, McHugh said.

On Thursday at around 12:25 a.m. in the area of Grant and Barrow Streets, the 15-year-old girl and two of the teenage boys approached a 29-year-old Jersey City woman walking home from a PATH station, according to a police report.

The 15-year-old girl growled at the woman several times and "then struck her with what appeared to be a sock with batteries or rocks in it," the report stated.

When the woman tried to flee, the three teenagers followed her up until Regent Street and Liberty View Drive and then fled east on Grand Street, officers said.

When officers arrived at the scene, the woman was found with a lump on the back right side of her head but declined to receive medical attention, the report stated.

Just a little over 20 minutes later, the 15-year-old girl and two teenage boys -- it is unclear whether they were the same boys -- assaulted a 58-year-old man with a tire iron near Christopher Columbus Drive and Warren Street, McHugh said.

The two teenage boys got on the man's left side and the girl got on his right side, and then the girl struck the man in the head with a tire iron, the man told police.

One of teenage boys was also carrying a tire iron, he told police.

The girl told the man "give me your money" and when he told her he didn't have any money, the girl tried to strike him again, the report stated.

They then got into a truck and fled the scene, he said.

After police arrived, the man was transported to the Jersey City Medical Center and received several stitches for injuries to his head, the report stated.

Witnesses to the attacks told police they saw the suspects flee in a black Toyota Highlander SUV, McHugh said. Police were already on the look-out for a vehicle matching that description, which was reported to have been stolen from Millburn, he said.

Officers spotted the SUV near Grand Ave. and Green St., stopped it and arrested all six occupants, McHugh said. They were charged with aggravated assault, robbery, receiving stolen property and weapons violations, he said.

As an adult, Melvin Q. Rouse appeared in Central Judicial Processing in Jersey City on Thursday in connection to the crimes. His bail was set at $200,000, cash or bond.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ity_pol.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/5/11 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
I'm sure Attorney General Holder would defend these punks and want to spring them, arguing that there's not racial equity in people being arrested and imprisoned.

Isn't it great when people hold up a sign showing off their stupidity?

Thanks, anonymous jc lister. Here's your sign

Posted on: 2014/5/11 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Problem with that logic is that if you do commit a crime in those areas, the citizens are more likely to demand action on the part of the community and police than other areas of the city where crime is an everyday fact of life and the neighborhood and or cops can tend to be complacent or overwhelmed.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
JC is a soft target area for crime - We now have a good spread of middle and high income earners and it isn't hard to see which street or homes have 'money' - Just look out the window and see how many luxury vehicles are parked.

If I was a crook, I'd be hitting areas around VVP, HP and Paulus Hook

Posted on: 2014/5/11 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure Attorney General Holder would defend these punks and want to spring them, arguing that there's not racial equity in people being arrested and imprisoned.

Posted on: 2014/5/11 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
A 15 year old girl is out after midnight (on a school night, no less) several towns away assaulting people?

Throw her in juvey, and go arrest the parent (s).

Another Abbott district success story. East Orange, at about 23K/student, 85% subsidized by suburban taxpayers-she's cost us 200K or so, so far.

Add in her co-criminals, we've got more than a million dollars wasted here.

I agree. Where are the parent of these punks? They should be held accountable.

Posted on: 2014/5/11 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I find it pretty ironic (hilarious, really) that a xenophobe who loves to rail against minorities and foreigners [heights] has such a poor grasp of the English language and writes with such poor command of the written word.

Plummet: to fall or drop straight down at high speed
Pummel: to strike repeatedly, typically with the fists

For example:
A climber slipped and plummeted to his death.
Muhammad Ali pummeled his opponent on his way to victory

Thank you. I'm glad you mentioned this so I didn't have to. I thought someone fell off a tall building!

Posted on: 2014/5/10 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Grant and Barrow Streets

I guess they meant Grand?

Posted on: 2014/5/10 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
A 15 year old girl is out after midnight (on a school night, no less) several towns away assaulting people?

Throw her in juvey, and go arrest the parent (s).

Another Abbott district success story. East Orange, at about 23K/student, 85% subsidized by suburban taxpayers-she's cost us 200K or so, so far.

Add in her co-criminals, we've got more than a million dollars wasted here.

Posted on: 2014/5/10 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
dyslexics of the world untie!

I - dyslexia - heart!

Posted on: 2014/5/10 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Does anyone know where this happened?

It looks like there were two attacks - one on Grant and Barrow and the other on Warren and Columbus:

Updated Jersey Journal Story on Attacks/Arrests

A 15-year-old East Orange girl and two teenage boys have been arrested for assaulting a woman, robbing a man with a tire iron and receiving a stolen car in Jersey City, according to Jersey City police spokesman Bob McHugh.

The three acted in concert with Melvin Q. Rouse, also known as "Juice," 19, of Newark and two other teenage boys, he said. All six were arrested on Thursday.

Two of the teenage boys are 16-year-olds from East Orange, while the other two teenage boys are 14-year-olds from Paterson, McHugh said.

On Thursday at around 12:25 a.m. in the area of Grant and Barrow Streets, the 15-year-old girl and two of the teenage boys approached a 29-year-old Jersey City woman walking home from a PATH station, according to a police report.

The 15-year-old girl growled at the woman several times and "then struck her with what appeared to be a sock with batteries or rocks in it," the report stated.

When the woman tried to flee, the three teenagers followed her up until Regent Street and Liberty View Drive and then fled east on Grand Street, officers said.

When officers arrived at the scene, the woman was found with a lump on the back right side of her head but declined to receive medical attention, the report stated.

Just a little over 20 minutes later, the 15-year-old girl and two teenage boys -- it is unclear whether they were the same boys -- assaulted a 58-year-old man with a tire iron near Christopher Columbus Drive and Warren Street, McHugh said.

The two teenage boys got on the man's left side and the girl got on his right side, and then the girl struck the man in the head with a tire iron, the man told police.

One of teenage boys was also carrying a tire iron, he told police.

The girl told the man "give me your money" and when he told her he didn't have any money, the girl tried to strike him again, the report stated.

They then got into a truck and fled the scene, he said.

After police arrived, the man was transported to the Jersey City Medical Center and received several stitches for injuries to his head, the report stated.

Witnesses to the attacks told police they saw the suspects flee in a black Toyota Highlander SUV, McHugh said. Police were already on the look-out for a vehicle matching that description, which was reported to have been stolen from Millburn, he said.

Officers spotted the SUV near Grand Ave. and Green St., stopped it and arrested all six occupants, McHugh said. They were charged with aggravated assault, robbery, receiving stolen property and weapons violations, he said.

As an adult, Melvin Q. Rouse appeared in Central Judicial Processing in Jersey City on Thursday in connection to the crimes. His bail was set at $200,000, cash or bond.

Posted on: 2014/5/10 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sam112 wrote:
Does anyone know where this happened?

JJ

Posted on: 2014/5/10 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

colleen wrote: