Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fake Parking Tickets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I really got a fake ticket about 3 or 4 weeks ago it started.
I got one of them appear notices in the mail, it stated that I failed to pay or go to court.
The ticket was suposedly written & left on Montgomery street for a no parking between such & such time.
Only this is, I turned thos plates into DMV about 10 years ago.
I'm sure I got a receipt for the plates that were turned in but I have no clue where that was.
DMV is stating I never turned them plates in.
I went to Parking Authority to get a copy of the ticket they wrote & it wasn't even for my vehicle, not even close. It didn't even come close to what I used to have them plates on.
DMV told me go to Newark for an abstract & a notorized letter stating I turned them plates in & about when they were turned over.
I did go to court finally & I told the judge my story. I brought my registration to the vehicle I own & a copy of what the parking authority crooks wrote up.
The judge asked if I owned what was on the ticket, I told him no & it was DISMISSED!
Sucks I had to go thru all that troubble cause the parking authority likes to play games with these plates.
I don't think it was a simple "8" that got mistaken for a "B" or something like that with this case.

Posted on: 2014/4/30 21:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/8 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
I saw a lone JCPD officer issuing tickets in Paulus Hook on Friday night. I could recognize some resident cars being ticketed, so would assume they were ticketing them for parking too close to a fire hydrant/pedestrian crossing.

Posted on: 2014/4/8 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Here's my firsthand experience with JCPA employees. All true.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=327482

Posted on: 2014/4/7 23:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 23:25
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The ticket was issued by the parking authority and not the police department.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 23:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
The JCPA gets paid on the number of tickets it writes, not the number collected. Afaik, they have no incentive to get it right.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Twice, I got a notice from Zipcar that they'd paid a parking ticket and were passing the charge on to me.

I've never actually gotten a parking ticket.

Though it could be a Zipcar glitch/scam, I wouldn't be surprised if the JCPA spots the Zipcar logo, issues a ticket, then conveniently "forgets" to put it on the windshield.

Guaranteed payment.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 22:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/25 7:29
Group:
Registered Users
The white, plastic-y, non-rippable tickets are issued by Jersey City Parking Authority. The paper-stock tickets are issued by the JCPD.

Which was yours?

Posted on: 2014/4/7 22:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LINK QUOTE:

Jersey City, NJ - A Jersey City parking enforcement officer is under arrest Tuesday, accused of writing more than 100 fake tickets.
Luis Bonilla was taken out of the agency?s headquarters in handcuffs. The 30-year-old is charged with second-degree official misconduct.
Authorities believe Bonilla made up at least 100 tickets over a one-month period, at least one of which was for a license plate number that actually existed.
Officials say Bonilla, who has been a parking enforcement officer for less than two years, wrote the tickets to cover up not writing real tickets during his shift.
?The allegation is that when, he was supposedly writing tickets, he was involved in personal activities,? Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said. [wabc]

Posted on: 2014/4/7 22:03
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/6 17:42
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
You should park in the bus stop on the southwest corner of Montgomery and Warren sometime. The owners of that steakhouse there have figured out that no one tickets and they park there all the time. They even block off the entire bus stop in the late afternoons/evenings with cones and turn it into their valet parking area.

The bus stop is active. There are "no parking" signs. The curb is painted yellow. Go figure.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 18:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
You're right, thanks. It's the NE corner.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It's location, location, location...getting that right is half the battle. There is no bus stop on the SE corner of Montgomery & Barrow...It is the NE corner.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 17:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Of course I took pictures. It is the bus stop on the SE corner of Montgomery and Barrow. There is no question that this is a valid parking spot. There is a yellow line from the bus stop clearly delineating where you can and cannot park. My car was parked BEHIND other cars that were parked behind where that yellow line stopped. At least three people got tickets for being parked there Friday night. Trust me, I'm being more than fair when I say that this could be an honest mistake. I understand that I can fight the ticket in court but I really shouldn't have to take time off work for this. Paying the ticket would be alot easier than fighting it but if this is an example of a bigger issue in JC then it needs to be dealt with.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
I think your title is misleading. It doesn't sound like you are saying you got a 'fake' ticket. It sounds like you are saying that you got a real ticket that you don't feel is valid.

I assume you took pictures of where your car was parked, so that if you choose to fight it in court, that you have evidence to provide.

If you can provide more specifics regarding the location, I'm sure others on this site can provide insight into whether it's actually legal to park there. Just because you see cars there regularly doesn't mean it's legal.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 16:01

Fake Parking Tickets

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else receive a bogus parking ticket Friday night in the Van Vorst area? I got one around 9:30pm for being parked too close to a bus lane despite the fact that I was three car lengths behind the end of the yellow line and in a spot where cars regularly park without getting ticketed (in fact, cars have been parked there since I got the ticket and have not been ticketed because it is a legit spot). I'm wondering if this could somehow be an honest mistake or if this needs to be investigated I known JC has had problems in the past: http://www.vosizneias.com/11219/2007/ ... y-nj-nj-parking-official/

But I haven't heard of any recent complaints. Let me know if you've also had a fake ticket or have heard of this recently occurring in the neighborhood. Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 15:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017