Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Hap Investments to Buy 1 MSF Development Site in Jersey City for $400M
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

hilltopgirl wrote:
The Hilltop neighborhood was supposed to get a park as a consolation prize for this horrible deal. Any word on that?

I actually don't want this "park." Build another building instead, honestly.

What's your reasoning? The Journal Square area is the worst "park desert" in JC, people come down from Hilltop to Hamilton Park with their toddlers. That's one reason I never thought that families would want to live there even if they built these big towers. I also think the small park planned for the Jersey Avenue Redevelopment Zone up by 18th is inadequate.

Posted on: 2018/3/3 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hilltopgirl wrote:
The Hilltop neighborhood was supposed to get a park as a consolation prize for this horrible deal. Any word on that?

I actually don't want this "park." Build another building instead, honestly.

Posted on: 2018/3/3 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
... I do not call people mean names...

Nah, you just throw around bigotry and homophobia. That's not cruel at all.

No, I do not, I value my soul, so as a practicing Catholic I refuse to call Jesus a liar when he said a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife. Jesus was referring to marriage. Gay people are in charge of their souls and I am in charge of mine. They are free to live with the consequences of their actions and so am I. I don't call that bigotry and homophobia, I call that my choice. By the way, the term homophobia, is not a real word. It means a fear of humans. For the record I have rented to gays and have not discriminated to anyone.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne wins this thread. I count no fewer than 9 people who got hooked into her trolling.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
... I do not call people mean names...

Nah, you just throw around bigotry and homophobia. That's not cruel at all.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 20:30
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The way Steve Hyman purchased that property is the same way other developers purchased railroad property. For your information, there was an active rail line that went to the waterfront. My husband told me stories of how livestock would burst out of the rail cars roaming the streets in JC and as a high school student, he earned money shoveling the snow off the rail tracks. Tracks went past the Harimus Cemetery as well as the waterfront. Developers brought rail land in a similar fashion as Steve Hyman. Using your standard, Joshua, then all developers who purchased rail property did it illegally and should turn over their properties to the city.

This is why people say mean thing to you and call you names. You simply don't listen and yap about things you clearly don't know about or understand. Josh said " federal law provides for an abandonment process on rights of way." There is a legal process that was not followed. Not that it can't be sold, but it was not done legally. But since you are a robot all this "looks like nothing" to you.

Here is the difference between me and you. First, I use my real name unlike you and I do not call people mean names, which is a cruel thing to do. I do feel sorry for people who feel compelled to lash out that way. It is no different than a child having a meltdown. I believe people can have different point of views, but still be respectful in manners. You, Brewster, do no share those values.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The way Steve Hyman purchased that property is the same way other developers purchased railroad property. For your information, there was an active rail line that went to the waterfront. My husband told me stories of how livestock would burst out of the rail cars roaming the streets in JC and as a high school student, he earned money shoveling the snow off the rail tracks. Tracks went past the Harimus Cemetery as well as the waterfront. Developers brought rail land in a similar fashion as Steve Hyman. Using your standard, Joshua, then all developers who purchased rail property did it illegally and should turn over their properties to the city.

This is why people say mean thing to you and call you names. You simply don't listen and yap about things you clearly don't know about or understand. Josh said " federal law provides for an abandonment process on rights of way." There is a legal process that was not followed. Not that it can't be sold, but it was not done legally. But since you are a robot all this "looks like nothing" to you.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/3/2 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I do not want to walk down memory lane, but Schundler was mayor during that time of the 6th Street Embankment. He was aware of the sale and did nothing about it. He wanted the property to go to a lawyer, who is also a developer. As mayor he had the right to take it but he did not. When Glen Cunningham ran for mayor he used that against Tom DeGise who was Schundler's council president. The argument that city hall did not know is not true. Our government allowed this property to slip out of its hands and a private person took it. Those are the facts, Pebble. By the way, I still remember Glenn Cunningham and his wife speaking before the Embankment activists when he ran for office.

You don't actually understand what occurred. The property was sold by someone that had no right to sell it.

Just because a mayor didn't take action then doesn't negate the fact that the property wasn't supposed to be sold by the person that sold it. Arguing otherwise is just dishonest. However, if you'd like to make that the argument, I'll be happy to sell your house and take the profits. You can then have zero ability to complain.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 17:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I do not want to walk down memory lane, but Schundler was mayor during that time of the 6th Street Embankment. He was aware of the sale and did nothing about it. He wanted the property to go to a lawyer, who is also a developer. As mayor he had the right to take it but he did not. When Glen Cunningham ran for mayor he used that against Tom DeGise who was Schundler's council president. The argument that city hall did not know is not true. Our government allowed this property to slip out of its hands and a private person took it. Those are the facts, Pebble. By the way, I still remember Glenn Cunningham and his wife speaking before the Embankment activists when he ran for office.

And that is why federal law provides for an abandonment process on rights of way. So that politicians that want to do favors can't get away with it, and that there has to be a public process that allows stakeholders and the community to be heard.

In this case, the community made clear that it wanted to preserve the Embankment and use it as open space. Had CONRAIL followed the law, there would have been hearings before the property was abandoned, and it is possible that such community input would have led to the city purchasing the property. Instead they ignored the law, and Hyman was able to purchase the property on the cheap because the law was ignored.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
There are plenty of people in the neighborhood who either support or just don't care about a tower on West Street. Another dishonest, invented Yvonne "fact."

Here is the Jersey Journal story on this development, so I guess JCman24, this must be a made up story, too. It is the reason his neighborhood voted Boggiano into office over this project as an independent. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... reet_to_developer_en.html

I live 150 feet away in a 1 family. I am in favor of the project. There is a group of Hilltop life-long residents who have stated they don?t want anything to change. There are many others who support development. Rich is very vocal for no change. He is also a terrific advocate for the neighborhood!

Posted on: 2018/3/2 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
There are plenty of people in the neighborhood who either support or just don't care about a tower on West Street. Another dishonest, invented Yvonne "fact."

Here is the Jersey Journal story on this development, so I guess JCman24, this must be a made up story, too. It is the reason his neighborhood voted Boggiano into office over this project as an independent. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... reet_to_developer_en.html

Posted on: 2018/3/2 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/3/2 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/3/1 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
First of all, I do not curse and I am surprise the webmaster would allow this, it degrades this forum. But I do want to respond to the 6th Street Embankment. I am 100% against how the city took this property. The city lied and said there will be a railroad spur, it is in the city ordinance as a rail spur, not a park. If it lies about the 6th Street Embankment, then it will lie about taking your property, too. What ever happened to integrity in government? You do not lie to seize someone?s property.

Nobody seized anyone's property. The individual that claims ownership purchased it illegally. The seller had no right to sell it.

This would be the equivalent of me selling your house to someone else named Joe. Then you coming in to say that I am not allowed to sell the house and that you're taking it back.

Your post is arguing that "Joe" in my scenario should legally own the property. The immense ignorance posited from the post isn't surprising, but it does need to be pointed out.

Posted on: 2018/3/1 21:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
First of all, I do not curse and I am surprise the webmaster would allow this, it degrades this forum. But I do want to respond to the 6th Street Embankment. I am 100% against how the city took this property. The city lied and said there will be a railroad spur, it is in the city ordinance as a rail spur, not a park. If it lies about the 6th Street Embankment, then it will lie about taking your property, too. What ever happened to integrity in government? You do not lie to seize someone?s property.

Posted on: 2018/3/1 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
But this property isn't surrounded by 1-2 family homes. It's surrounded by 5-6 story apartment buildings. This building is still out of scale, but I've found Hilltop's "But think of the houses!" argument to be disingenuous.

Does anyone know what this "park" between Summit and Baldwin is supposed to look like? I haven't seen a site plan anywhere.

Posted on: 2018/3/1 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
These neighbors are not against towers in Journal Square, many have said so at many meetings, it is a difference when you have a monster building in a small community. We know that no historic district would allow this so why dump this in a neighborhood consisting of one and two family homes?

I'm pointing out your hypocrisy.

You constantly fight against historical designation (after benefiting from it, the ultimate version of "I got mine fuck you for trying to get yours"). Historical development prevents this type of building. Now you are arguing against this type of building based on what the community wants.

Well, the West Side Community wanted historical designation. They got it and you are fighting against them so that some dirtbag can put up ugly aluminum siding. Your hypocrisy would be astounding if it wasn't so very predictable.

Posted on: 2018/3/1 18:15
Dos A Cero

Re: HAP Investments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Eran Polack of Hap Investments, an Israel citizen and a developer of Robin Hood in Jersey City got convicted in an Israeli Court for lying about a diamond theft. He filed an insurance fraud claim that he was robbed by Africans who stole his $10 million worth of diamonds. In the meanwhile he was selling these diamonds. So Jersey City knows how to pick developers, scam artists and liars. Robin Hood is the project that got Boggiano elected as councilman for Ward C. His community does not want this project.

The person that fights against historical designation, which would protect areas in scenarios just like this, is fighting against someone coming in and changing the look and feel of a neighborhood... What a fraud.

Fraud? Well here is story in a nutshell, the community who lives there, which is not me, went to the planning board and council meetings to protest against this development. I saw them at various meetings. The proposed property is too large to be place in a neighborhood filled with one and two family homes. They are not against development, neither am I, but I don't know anywhere in JC in which the community is fine with a 42 storied building in a one and two family neighborhood. Do you know of one Pebble? For the record, neither is the present city council is in favor of this development, it was done under Healy.

The developer that purchased the property should be allowed to do whatever they want with the property. Why does it matter what the neighbors want? If the owner wants to building 42 stories or 100 stories, it doesn't matter. It is THEIR property.

... That was the argument you made while defending the dirtbag living in West Side that tried to put up aluminum siding on a historically designated property.

Don't forget, she argues against this project, but she argues the 6th St. Embankment should become condos because the property owner has the right. So she NIMBYs when convenient for her, she's super pro-development when it comes to the Embankment even though most people would prefer it become something else.

There's never any end to her lies and hypocrisy.

Posted on: 2018/3/1 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
These neighbors are not against towers in Journal Square, many have said so at many meetings, it is a difference when you have a monster building in a small community. We know that no historic district would allow this so why dump this in a neighborhood consisting of one and two family homes?

Posted on: 2018/3/1 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City council vacates street to developer, ending legal fight
Updated 10:21 AM; Posted 10:21 AM

By Terrence T. McDonald tmcdonald@jjournal.com
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY ? The City Council last night finally adopted an ordinance that will pave the way for a high-rise near Journal Square, more than two years after a judge first ordered the city to take the action.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... n.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2018/3/1 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
I understand that the wacky zoning should probably better control having a tower next to a three story house, but at the same time, theres a 70 story tower across the street, so people cant really argue that its changing the area. also, its a city, and cities grow. people who want it to be all low rise buildings are better suited in a place like montclair

Posted on: 2018/3/1 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Eran Polack of Hap Investments, an Israel citizen and a developer of Robin Hood in Jersey City got convicted in an Israeli Court for lying about a diamond theft. He filed an insurance fraud claim that he was robbed by Africans who stole his $10 million worth of diamonds. In the meanwhile he was selling these diamonds. So Jersey City knows how to pick developers, scam artists and liars. Robin Hood is the project that got Boggiano elected as councilman for Ward C. His community does not want this project.

The person that fights against historical designation, which would protect areas in scenarios just like this, is fighting against someone coming in and changing the look and feel of a neighborhood... What a fraud.

Fraud? Well here is story in a nutshell, the community who lives there, which is not me, went to the planning board and council meetings to protest against this development. I saw them at various meetings. The proposed property is too large to be place in a neighborhood filled with one and two family homes. They are not against development, neither am I, but I don't know anywhere in JC in which the community is fine with a 42 storied building in a one and two family neighborhood. Do you know of one Pebble? For the record, neither is the present city council is in favor of this development, it was done under Healy.

The developer that purchased the property should be allowed to do whatever they want with the property. Why does it matter what the neighbors want? If the owner wants to building 42 stories or 100 stories, it doesn't matter. It is THEIR property.

... That was the argument you made while defending the dirtbag living in West Side that tried to put up aluminum siding on a historically designated property.

Posted on: 2018/3/1 17:23
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2018/3/1 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2018/3/1 16:59
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/2/27 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The state of NY was comfortable enough with Ratner to develop the 3.5 billion dollar Barclay Center project and surrounding areas, jeez Yvonne. He also served under Mayor Koch.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 11:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Bruce Ratner, the developer of the Pep Boys project which got redevelopment money and tax abatements also has a questionable reputation but that did not stop Fulop from giving Ratner his project.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So Jersey City knows how to pick developers, scam artists and liars.

Issuing legal permits is not "picking", it's not like it was a RFP for a city development. Picking the corrupt would be your boy Trump, whose campaign manager has been indicted for all manner of money laundering and bank fraud and whose partner has plead guilty to those charges.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 2:04

HAP Investments
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/2/27 1:28

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017