Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

Re: Dog Shit
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/16 13:02
Group:
Registered Users
I asked nicely, and the neighbor took care of it almost immediately, but didn't keep it up. I eventually got fed up and complained via https://seeclickfix.com/map_widgets/5518. They sent someone the next day, I think, and it's been better, but I think I'll have to call again. I cited a city ordinance in my complaint re: keeping yards clean.

Posted on: 2017/5/24 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
could you call the health department or the mayor's task force....having to smell dog sh_t is a qol issue imo

Posted on: 2017/5/24 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
So what should I do about a neighbor that leaves piles of dog shit in his yard all week so it stinks to hell on a hot day? I'm thinking of just going to ask him nicely but I have a sneaking suspicion that the kind of person that leaves tons of dog shit in their yard isn't going to be the most personable guy.

Is this something that I can report to the department of housing, or health, or something? We're about to enter Summer and I'm not looking forward to the smell of dog feces wafting into my apartment every day.

Honestly, I feel this is the type of situation over which you are powerless. Obviously, the dog owner should *know* that picking up after his pooch is something you have to do around here so, so if they don't do it, they just don't care, and no amount of "friendly" heads up on your part will fix that. Personally, this is something I feel you should be able to report to the sanitation department. Sadly, I don't think they would care one bit.

Posted on: 2017/5/23 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
So what should I do about a neighbor that leaves piles of dog shit in his yard all week so it stinks to hell on a hot day? I'm thinking of just going to ask him nicely but I have a sneaking suspicion that the kind of person that leaves tons of dog shit in their yard isn't going to be the most personable guy.

Is this something that I can report to the department of housing, or health, or something? We're about to enter Summer and I'm not looking forward to the smell of dog feces wafting into my apartment every day.

Posted on: 2017/5/23 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
There's a new dog/awful owner in town, and that shit is HUGE.

In recent weeks, in a three block radius around Erie/Jersey/2nd, enormous piles of poop are left behind on the daily.

If you know someone who just got a great dane, and who's a jerk, please hip him/her to the poop scoop protocol.

Thanks!

Seems like your post and the post before yours might be the same guy?

How so? The previous guy is talking of shit over by the Embankment on Coles and 6th, and the other guy is talking about shit on 2nd between Erie and Jersey. Some dogs will poop two or three times in a walk, but not that far apart.

Most likely, you are just seeing young pups acquired during the holiday season growing into adult dogs and starting to poop more substantially. That, or perhaps newcomers in the immediate area. With luck, they will change. Otherwise, you are looking at a serious problem. One single bad dog owner unwilling to pick up after his dog will make a sidewalk nearly unusable in short time. We dealt with this some years ago in my previous neighborhood, where a single guy with a massive dog was refusing to pick up after his dog and, in a matter of weeks, the sidewalk was essentially covered from end to end, making it impossible to walk on it until heavy rains would wash it off.

He could be spreading the love? Maybe he goes to the embankment now because he feels it's less traveled and there are not as many prying eyes?

Posted on: 2017/5/11 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

In recent weeks, in a three block radius around Erie/Jersey/2nd, enormous piles of poop are left behind on the daily.

If you know someone who just got a great dane, and who's a jerk, please hip him/her to the poop scoop protocol.

Thanks!

How so? The previous guy is talking of shit over by the Embankment on Coles and 6th, and the other guy is talking about shit on 2nd between Erie and Jersey. Some dogs will poop two or three times in a walk, but not that far apart.

Most likely, you are just seeing young pups acquired during the holiday season growing into adult dogs and starting to poop more substantially. That, or perhaps newcomers in the immediate area. With luck, they will change. Otherwise, you are looking at a serious problem. One single bad dog owner unwilling to pick up after his dog will make a sidewalk nearly unusable in short time. We dealt with this some years ago in my previous neighborhood, where a single guy with a massive dog was refusing to pick up after his dog and, in a matter of weeks, the sidewalk was essentially covered from end to end, making it impossible to walk on it until heavy rains would wash it off.

Posted on: 2017/5/11 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

Thanks!

Posted on: 2017/5/11 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Thanks!

Posted on: 2017/5/10 16:17

Re: Dog Shit RETURNS! APB on a shit walker !
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/12 15:06
Group:
Registered Users
Reviving this old chestnut to post an APB on a punk ass dog owner:

ATTENTION FELLOW ORNERY JC LISTERS! Be on the look out for a shitty dog owner last seen downtown near Guillos Bar.

WHEN/WHERE: Tonight around 10:45pm Tuesday. Walking near the Embankment on Coles north of 6th.

OWNER: Skinny young guy (20s), brown hair, white, looking guilty...

DOG: Large breed (large poop) of bulldog mix, copper brown, apr. 70+ lbs., Dog pulls on leash, young, behaves like an ill trained puppy.

CRIME: This lazy dog owner regularly lets his dog poop in tree wells. Tries to flee before anyone can call him out on it.

We must ready the guilt rays! If you see him, don't let the bastard walk away from his shit.

Posted on: 2017/5/10 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
It's not free. We are all paying for those bags. We might as well pay for "free" leashes too so that we encourage people to leash their dogs because you know, personal responsibility went out the window years ago.

Paying for bags > Dog shit in public

Posted on: 2016/4/29 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
It's not free. We are all paying for those bags. We might as well pay for "free" leashes too so that we encourage people to leash their dogs because you know, personal responsibility went out the window years ago.

I agree, bring on the reval some of you been riding for pennies way too dann long!

Posted on: 2016/4/29 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/29 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Nice to see free doggy bag stations in Bayside Park! So no excuses people. Pick up your dog shit. Good job JC.

Posted on: 2016/4/29 14:00

Re: NAME AND SHAME
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Never fails that this topic is "revived" as a new thread EVERY year.

Yes, people are rude (for not cleaning after their dogs/pets)
Yes, some people actually do this on purpose (walk their dogs/pets without ANY intention of picking up after them)
No, there is NOTHING that will effectively stop this.
No, NO ONE decent is OK with it.

You want solutions? Call the city, and go to the city council meetings and demand action on their part. There are MANY possible solutions, but none are tried. To wit:

- step up enforcement by having walking AC officers patrolling for this offense
- step up checks of dog licensing
- require poop DNA profiles of registered dogs
- actually issue fines, etc

Complaining here will not do a thing. Go get TRULY involved and go speak at the city council meetings.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Just get DNA samples

Posted on: 2014/12/15 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds great -- but where is the picture you have to share?

Posted on: 2014/12/15 19:08

NAME AND SHAME

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/9 16:12
From New York
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone else on this site had it with constantly sidestepping small and large "packages" that some of our current citizens let their dogs leave on the sidewalk? It's disgusting and it's getting worse. I propose a forum where pics of these people are posted. I know that most only do it when no one is looking,
but if we keep vigilant we can at least get a few of them.

Posted on: 2014/12/15 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/5/1 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I simply recycle my grocery bags. I grab a few from the dispenser when I go out. Amazing how many this thing can hold.

Grocery bag dispenser

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Walk your dog + pick up poo like a pro! Our fantastic Dog Walker Pro Pack is an absolute essential for the responsible pet owner. Lightweight nylon leash pouch featuring separate zippered bag-dispensing compartment, spacious zippered compartment for storage of necessities, easy velcro attachment with innovative leash handle attachment + safety reflective strip

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
the morning crew at the Hamilton Park dog run has GOT to get their act together. I arrived at an empty (small dog) run at around 10am, and proceeded to pick up eleven fresh turds. it's like the entire pre-work crowd decided en mass to say "ah, #OOPS# it."

there are two trash cans, a rake, and a huge stash of donated baggies in this run. absolutely NO reason for owners to not pick up after their dogs, other than sheer negligence and douchebaggery.

They should never have put the benches AROUND the tree. People sit there and don't keep an eye on their dogs. People also have their noses buried in their phones. I don't use the run but I see that people are too often distracted. One of the problems too is that HP has become a destination and we have more and more visitors who have no investment and so don't care. By the way, I saw that the guy is back cleaning the basketball court every morning. The amount of litter left there is never-ending.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 23:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
someone should set up a camera to record

Posted on: 2014/4/7 22:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
the morning crew at the Hamilton Park dog run has GOT to get their act together. I arrived at an empty (small dog) run at around 10am, and proceeded to pick up eleven fresh turds. it's like the entire pre-work crowd decided en mass to say "ah, #OOPS# it."

there are two trash cans, a rake, and a huge stash of donated baggies in this run. absolutely NO reason for owners to not pick up after their dogs, other than sheer negligence and douchebaggery.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
would these sorts of signs help in obvious shit hot spots?

Resized Image

petition or ask cityhall to erect some in your neighborhood

Posted on: 2014/3/2 6:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/17 3:02
From JC waterfront
Group:
Registered Users

Some dog owners are so trashy. We go up and beyond picking up shit. I've even picked up others! Come on dog owners keep our grounds clean and do you job as being a pet owner.

Posted on: 2014/3/1 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/28 13:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Follow them and throw the dog shit on their steps.

I heard it done before, and if you're worried that the dog walker rents the house still deserves it because the home owner is allowing the pet to reside there.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 13:47
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Follow them and throw the dog shit on their steps.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
Good point, I will just yell at them instead. These people tend to be sneaky though.

Yes sneaky they try to bait you into their world or trap. Look at the bus fare beater that tried to get on a Nyc bus yesterday. The suspect entered through the back door without paying. 2 cops saw it happening approached the suspect but the suspect shot one of the cops in a rage of revenge. Bad news this occuring in the middle of the day with innocent people everywhere.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:49
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Good point, I will just yell at them instead. These people tend to be sneaky though.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:29
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

(1) 2 3 4 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017