Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »

Mercer Street Dog Poop -source discovered

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/1 3:59
Group:
Registered Users
After several occasions of stepping in dog poop on the sidewalk on Mercer St - between Barrow and Jersey on the south side, I finally witnessed the source.

The woman who lives at 89 Mercer Street with the two little white dogs who lives up on the top ofthe stoop lets her dogs out unleashed and unattended at night (like tonight at 1045pm). One dog walk a few buildings down the sidewalk towards Barrow, takes a crap, and runs back when the uncaring neighbor pokes her lazy head out the door and calls "Bridget"

Next time you see her please tell her she's a lousy neighbor.

Posted on: 2012/2/1 4:08

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City should hire this guy. He is my hero.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nationa ... /31/gIQAH6KkeQ_story.html

Posted on: 2012/1/31 21:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
60,000+ views and still lots of complaints. Being that JCPD/animal control isn't or just feasibly can't enforce the leash/poop laws, how about just
shaming these jerks on JCList?

I haven't had that much bad experience with dog poo (luck?) but dealing with people that let their dogs off the leash really grinds my gears. Yes, I understand your bitch is harmless, playful, "does not bite" and you want to let her to be a free spirit. But your ignorant (of the law) ass does not understand
that it agitates my dog because all he wants to do is smell her asshole while she mocks him from far away. Not cool.

Not picking up dog shit or letting your dog off the leash in public space (unless in a dog run) is against the law so you would be doing your civil duty to bring attention to those who break the law. I can't imagine it's illegal or get in trouble to take a picture/video of someone breaking the law
in public. Next time you see someone that does not clean up after their dog or has it off the leash after a warning, just whip out that phone and tell them to "Smile, you're on JCList" take a pic and post it on this thread. Any opinions?

Posted on: 2012/1/31 15:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
I've noticed more dog poop than usual recently along Coles Street between 4th and 2nd Street. The dog owner is apparently "leaving it to the rain" to wash the mines off... and this is from a big dog! disgusting... Need the dog poop police!

Posted on: 2012/1/27 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
i'm used to seeing poop on hte sidewalk, but usually it's over on the edge by the curb, or on a patch of dirt. The other week I stepped in a pile because it was right in the middle of the sidewalk. That's just cruel.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
There was a nice pile yesterday on the sidewalk right in front of City Hall... and I'm speaking literally, too, not figuratively. That someone could get away with that in full view of city authorities speaks volumes about the state of things here.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 13:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Animal Control are supposed to write tickets for dog poop violators. I promise you that the cops will not waste their time with these things. I have found that the people who don't clean up are JC old-timers or gangsta wannabes or the boyfriend/husband who doesn't want to walk the dog in the first place. Where I live, Hamilton Park, it has been much better than past years but there are still a few dirt-bags. The truth is, and I have said it before because it's absolutely 100% true, it only takes a matter of days for one irresponsible owner to foul up a large area with their dog's poop. Then again, the amount of litterers in our fair city is astounding. It's a people problem not a dog problem.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 5:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking of the Heights, I had a next door neighbor's tenant would do that with his dog, letting it loose to poop and it will always poop in MY DRIVE WAY! I couldn't complain because apparently, he was a cop!

The Heights is not what it use to be when I was a kid. I loathe it now. So many low lives infest the area.

Quote:

croft wrote:
we used to play count the poop on duncan ave while walking to the bus stop from high school...we'd have to dodge mountains of poop, especially when there was snow on the ground. growing up in the heights a lot of dog owners would just let their dogs run the street to poop and not care. duncan ave has cleaned up tremendously but there still a few violators in that area. i find myself reaching for bags even when i'm not working as a dog walker. it's disgusting.

Posted on: 2012/1/27 4:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently, some dog owners try to be slick and let their dog loose to do the dirty deed elsewhere, so they dont have to pick up the dog poop. That's right, I caught a dog owner do it... it was at night and the dim street lights help seal the dog owner's identity.

Quote:

parkman wrote:
Is this the most pressing issue in Jersey City?...no, but it?s is one of the easiest to rectify. Set the fine to $250 per offence, direct the police, SID, and NID to enforce the violations. Try letting a dog sh*t and the owner not pick up, or have the dog off-leash in Manhattan.

As part of a required dog license, owners should have to read a pamphlet listing all the legal obligations of ownership, list the consequences of violations, and have them sign the document.

Dog owners, parents, and residents should understand we live in a community where quality-of-life issues matter, affects how we perceive our neighborhood, local government, and our reason for wanting to contribute to the improvement of Jersey City.

This is all part and parcel of the ?broken window? mentality, where if one person lets another throw trash on the street, tolerates not picking up dog waste or off-leash use, graffiti, and other matters some may think are minor issues, then it just gets out of control and tend to accelerate.

It?s time to stop bitching to the choir that has 60,000 plus views on this subject and e-mail, write, or call your ward councilman, mayor?s office, newspaper, police precinct, and express your concerns.

Rant off - parkman

Posted on: 2012/1/27 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Is this the most pressing issue in Jersey City?...no, but it?s is one of the easiest to rectify. Set the fine to $250 per offence, direct the police, SID, and NID to enforce the violations. Try letting a dog sh*t and the owner not pick up, or have the dog off-leash in Manhattan.

As part of a required dog license, owners should have to read a pamphlet listing all the legal obligations of ownership, list the consequences of violations, and have them sign the document.

Dog owners, parents, and residents should understand we live in a community where quality-of-life issues matter, affects how we perceive our neighborhood, local government, and our reason for wanting to contribute to the improvement of Jersey City.

This is all part and parcel of the ?broken window? mentality, where if one person lets another throw trash on the street, tolerates not picking up dog waste or off-leash use, graffiti, and other matters some may think are minor issues, then it just gets out of control and tend to accelerate.

It?s time to stop bitching to the choir that has 60,000 plus views on this subject and e-mail, write, or call your ward councilman, mayor?s office, newspaper, police precinct, and express your concerns.

Rant off - parkman

Posted on: 2012/1/27 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

noepants wrote:
So after I picked my daughter up from school yesterday, I noticed that en route to Pershing park, our stroller had rolled into some dog poop. It took a few wipes, rolling the wheels in grass and old snow to get it off. My daughter and I decided to play a game of how many dog poo piles we could count on our way home from the park. Between Manhattan and Summit up to Bowers St, we counted 32 poop piles. Sofaking disgusting!

Herrendous!

You know what else is happening lately? People letting their dogs poo on the track at pershing field and leaving it there. Thanks neighbors!

Posted on: 2012/1/27 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
we used to play count the poop on duncan ave while walking to the bus stop from high school...we'd have to dodge mountains of poop, especially when there was snow on the ground. growing up in the heights a lot of dog owners would just let their dogs run the street to poop and not care. duncan ave has cleaned up tremendously but there still a few violators in that area. i find myself reaching for bags even when i'm not working as a dog walker. it's disgusting.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 23:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/5 1:22
From the heights
Group:
Registered Users
So after I picked my daughter up from school yesterday, I noticed that en route to Pershing park, our stroller had rolled into some dog poop. It took a few wipes, rolling the wheels in grass and old snow to get it off. My daughter and I decided to play a game of how many dog poo piles we could count on our way home from the park. Between Manhattan and Summit up to Bowers St, we counted 32 poop piles. Sofaking disgusting!

Posted on: 2012/1/26 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Also when I mention to a dog owner about putting a leash on their dog I am threatened to mind my own effin business.

My girl is a BIG German Shepherd, so when I tell them to put the dog on a leash because she is dog aggressive, I don't get quite the same response as you might, more of a scrambling to put the leash on in a hurry.

Not only that, is it really worth the risk to possibly have the dog run into the street after a stray cat or something and get hit by an immie-bus or the little ricers that speed between lights on Palisade? How shitty would you feel seeing your dog get plastered by a delivery truck while you were holding the empty leash that would have saved its life??

Posted on: 2012/1/26 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Most people without leashes have nothing to loose so they don't care if they get sued. Make sure if you get sued you mention that the other dog owner had no leash. Maybe this is a good way to catch a buck. Also when I mention to a dog owner about putting a leash on their dog I am threatened to mind my own effin business. I carry a deterant with me just incase.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 17:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/13 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
The Ogden Ave. area is a damn minefield of dog shit. People who just leave piles in the middle of the sidewalk are disgraceful.

On a somewhat related note, I have seen more people walking there dogs with no leash. The minute they see you they yell \"Don\'t worry, he/she is friendly!\" While that might be true, my dog ISN\'T, and you would be the first one threatening to sue when my girl bites your *insert trendy pocket dog breed here*. Just use a leash, it really isn\'t that hard.

AMEN.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
The Ogden Ave. area is a damn minefield of dog shit. People who just leave piles in the middle of the sidewalk are disgraceful.

On a somewhat related note, I have seen more people walking there dogs with no leash. The minute they see you they yell \"Don\'t worry, he/she is friendly!\" While that might be true, my dog ISN\'T, and you would be the first one threatening to sue when my girl bites your *insert trendy pocket dog breed here*. Just use a leash, it really isn\'t that hard.

Posted on: 2012/1/26 16:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
It is just atrocious. Quite simply some owners think they can get away with it. It's completely intentional. Just see it after a snow melt.. Ugh.

A corollary is people whose dogs are off leash in public areas. When my girlfriend and I are out running, we have to keep watch, slow down, make sure to keep the dogs calm. Why? Why is it our responsibility and not the owners'? We love dogs just as anyone else, but off leash outside of your private property or a specified dog run is just not acceptable. You are ruining other people's evenings. Even if your dog has not charged, the runner/stroller walker/etc, all had to be wary and adjust their behaviour and not be as relaxed due to YOUR irresponsibility.

Posted on: 2011/4/9 13:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/19 18:20
Group:
Registered Users
Its really unreal how much dog poop is on the streets of downtown.

Posted on: 2011/4/9 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are currently signs posted all over telephone poles and in the lobbies of buildings on Duncan, Fairview, Fairmont and JFK regarding a group of people who are photographing and filming people who are not picking up the poop. Their letters are a little on the ridiculous side (such as asking owners to only allow dogs to pee in the street and not in the grass or on tree stumps and sidewalks) but they claim that they will be forwarding their photos and videos to the police.

I placed a strand of bags in the alley way between 4th and 5th off of Jersey Ave last week and a considerable amount of them have been used and I'm stepping in less poop on my way home from the garage (plus my dog is finding less things to stop and sniff.) Hopefully this will make a few people who live in the ground level apartments in the alley a little happier.

Posted on: 2011/4/9 4:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/25 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
@LoKo498 thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to act. It is true that Animal Control wouldn't be able to get there in time to issue a ticket. But, they are now aware. The dog owner on your block who is not curbing, not leashing, is a creature of habit. I have a similar problem on my block. It is odd to have to watch a person -- but it's really the only realistic way to identify them for the powers that be. We are all part of the community and we, as residents, have an important role to play in improving the quality of life. We need to notify the City of areas in need, notify them on every level, until improvements are made.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I called jcpd earlier this morn when I saw this guy walking 2 big pitbulls with no leash & letting his 2 dogs take 2 $h*!$ each then proceeded to walk away without cleaning up.
The call taker told me I have 2 call animal control.
They were then notified of what's going on at the moment but said they were understaffed & have noone to come by & issue this guy a ticket. They asked me if I knew where this guy & the animals lived but its really not my job 2 follow & find where they live but I will if I have to if that's what's its gon take to start issuing fines or whatnot.
Yesterday I called the board of health cause I feel this is now also a health issue & they can not do anything for me.
They said maybe I can give my councleperson a call. I did that & left a message with the office of Donnelley but noone returned my call yet!
Still looking for someone who can take on this problem I have in my neighborhood & I'm still making phone calls!

Posted on: 2011/4/7 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I believe that Animal Control has the authority to write tickets and they absolutely should. I just don't think they have the manpower to stake-out areas all day. Plain and simply the cops are not going to do it. The majority of people clean up after their dogs. I've said it before and if you don't understand then you're just not paying attention. It only takes one lazy dog owner to foul up a very large area. 1 dog x 3 poops a day x 30 days = 90 poops. There was a guy with a huge German Shepard who let his dog crap all over Enos Jones Park. Giant landmines all over the place. You can shame these people all you want but, I agree, it's best to hit them in the wallet. When Hamilton Pk was closed my neighbors and I would go to a nearby field. Once in awhile someone would show up and try not cleaning after their dog and we would let them have it. Needless to say that area was virtually spotless.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
In the future, all dogs will have their DNA tested as part of getting a license, and any poop found on the street will be traced back to its owner.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
Anyone read the article in todays jersey journal about the Mayor of Union City cracking down on the dog poop! I don't remember the page but it was past the middle.
He suggested possibly doubling the fine.
Hopefully Mayor Healy will try to follow the same.
This dog crap is crazy how no1 picks it up in my area lately. Its all over the island of grass where we have to cross 2 get to the other side & kids play here in the summer!

You're right in the sense that sometimes $$ is the only thing people will respond to. They could double the fines, but until the police start ticketing nothing will change.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone read the article in todays jersey journal about the Mayor of Union City cracking down on the dog poop! I don't remember the page but it was past the middle.
He suggested possibly doubling the fine.
Hopefully Mayor Healy will try to follow the same.
This dog crap is crazy how no1 picks it up in my area lately. Its all over the island of grass where we have to cross 2 get to the other side & kids play here in the summer!

Posted on: 2011/4/5 2:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 16:39
Group:
Registered Users
Oh please? Sure...I am making this up :eyeroll:
I was told in a text message by my landlord to not deposit my dog's waste (yes, it was in a knotted bag) in the outside garbage cans, in which I put my kitchen/apartment waste. It was then noted on the actual garbage containers with a sign. And then again in the rider to my lease.

Anyhow, that point isn't up for debate.
What is, is the fact that JC seriously lacks garbage cans.
Any other city in this country (even the small towns in which I have lived) has city cans on the corners.

Quote:

Josiered wrote:
CHACHACHA - oh please - who the hell is your landlord to tell you that you cannot use your trash to put the dog poop in? I have a tenant and they put their dog poop (which is already in a bag) in the trash bin and I am glad that they at least pick it up....screw your landlord, pick it up and put it with the rest of the garbage. After all it is garbage. I do the same thing myself, there are no public receptacles so I put it in my own garbage can. It's in a bag already and no different than the crap that is already in there...you can't be that moronic to walk to a public trash can to dispose of it - does your landlord monitor your garbage? Just throw it in there and be done with it...if he doesn't like it then let him take it somewhere else.....I can't believe you even posted that you walk three blocks out of your way looking for a trash bin? It's garbage so put it with the GARBAGE!

Posted on: 2011/3/28 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/3/27 0:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
CHACHACHA - oh please - who the hell is your landlord to tell you that you cannot use your trash to put the dog poop in? I have a tenant and they put their dog poop (which is already in a bag) in the trash bin and I am glad that they at least pick it up....screw your landlord, pick it up and put it with the rest of the garbage. After all it is garbage. I do the same thing myself, there are no public receptacles so I put it in my own garbage can. It's in a bag already and no different than the crap that is already in there...you can't be that moronic to walk to a public trash can to dispose of it - does your landlord monitor your garbage? Just throw it in there and be done with it...if he doesn't like it then let him take it somewhere else.....I can't believe you even posted that you walk three blocks out of your way looking for a trash bin? It's garbage so put it with the GARBAGE!

Posted on: 2011/3/26 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chachacha wrote:
Another reason people probably refrain from picking up their dog's poop, is the fact that there are hardly any public trashcans in Jersey City. I have been told by my landlord to NOT use our outdoor trashcans to dispose of my dog's poop bags (though I pay to live there). It is such a pain having to walk an extra few blocks to find a public trashcan late at night, when it is raining, when I am running late for work, etc. And, yes, I have brought this issue up with the city who could care less.

I really believe more public trashcans would help our rampant dog poop issue.

AGREED! i carry the poop bag home after parking my car and walking my dog home from the garage. it's only a block walk but if we had some cans on jersey ave that would help the people who actually pick up the poop (and throw their chip bags/pizza plates away.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 21:59

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017