Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Paying it forward: Jersey City man's 30-day campaign for kinder world
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Wish all JC weirdos were more like Jemmie.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Sandra Coronado is sitting in her SUV at a BP gas station on the corner of Communipaw and West Side avenues in Jersey City. It?s around noon, but she?s feeling sleepy when a man walks up to her and hands her $10.

"Is this for real??? Coronado exclaims.

Delores Jackson is thinking "con artist," as this strange person approaches. But he gives her $10 as well.

Ann Clayton is also getting fuel and her scam antennae goes up, too. She reluctantly holds onto the $10 bill he put in her hand, thinking, "What?s the catch?"

Nobody gives you something for nothing, right?

We know someone who does.

On this day, Jemmie Adams of Jersey City is giving people he doesn?t know $10 toward their gas bill. By the time he is done, he has kicked in $10 toward the gasoline bill for 28 strangers. $280. Why 28? We?ll get to that.

SEE COMPLETE LIST OF JEMMIE ADAMS? ACTS OF KINDNESS HERE

A month ago, Adams decided he wanted to do something for others totally out of kindness, asking nothing in return. He wanted to give people gifts they would never dream of getting from a stranger.

"We are all connected,?? he said. "When you show someone kindness, they can take that kindness and give it to someone else.??

Read More

Posted on: 2014/2/27 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Now I feel bad about punching him in the face.

Posted on: 2014/2/19 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Whatever floats his boat. I'd definitely assume he's some sort of weirdo, though. ;)

Posted on: 2014/2/19 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Regardless of people's reactions, in less than 15 minutes, Adams' goal -- to give 24 people free PATH rides on Day 24 -- had been reached.

Adams, an e-commerce manager at Wacoal America, author of thriller "Running With No Feet" and publisher of Craig Howard's Plumster Bunny children's book series, said the Acts of Kindness project arose from his deep-rooted belief in the power of the individual to make a difference.

Maybe he has a new book coming out -- "Riding With No Fare"

Posted on: 2014/2/19 19:20

Paying it forward: Jersey City man's 30-day campaign for kinder world
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal

Bewilderment, gratitude and suspicion were the looks PATH riders gave to Jemmie Adams, 39, of Jersey City during rush hour this morning when he swiped them in for free at the turnstiles at Journal Square.

"A-OK! Acts of Kindness!" Adams bellowed after "swiping in" two or three travelers rushing to get onto the PATH train headed toward Manhattan.

Today marked Day 24 of Adams' "Acts of Kindness" project, a 30-day campaign with a goal of doing something nice for 465 people.

On Day 1, Adam gave a meal to one person at the Journal Square PATH station. On Day 2, he did the same for two people. On Day 7, he handed out sandwiches to seven people at Newark Penn Station. And so on and so forth.
One young man beamed as Adams, who has spent more than $1,000 of his own money, swiped him through the turnstile to the PATH train this morning.

"Thanks, man," he said with a nod of appreciation for the free $2.50 ride, before walking away.

Adams hopes his acts of kindness to 465 people over the 30-day project would inspire others to spread kindness to even more people.

"If I show you kindness, you might show your wife kindness or your co-worker kindness," he said.

Adams said he had chosen to help both the homeless and the privileged because the latter group has the means perform more acts of kindness.

"It's not saying someone who's homeless can't help out, but they're not in that better situation where they can reciprocate that kindness," he said.
Two of the men Adams swiped in kept looking back at him after they went through the turnstiles, their faces transfixed with suspicion even as they were swept away by the heavy flow of commuters.

Adams later described people's occasional shock and disbelief at his no-strings-attached altruism as "sad."

"When I first started, people were shocked that I was doing it. (They'd say to me) 'What are you, crazy?'" he said. "For you to be that desensitized to that situation, it's just sad."

Regardless of people's reactions, in less than 15 minutes, Adams' goal -- to give 24 people free PATH rides on Day 24 -- had been reached.

Adams, an e-commerce manager at Wacoal America, author of thriller "Running With No Feet" and publisher of Craig Howard's Plumster Bunny children's book series, said the Acts of Kindness project arose from his deep-rooted belief in the power of the individual to make a difference.

"Some people say 'I can't help everybody, so I'm going to help nobody.' That's the wrong attitude," Adams said. "The fact is that you count. You actually matter."

He said that helping others energized him, even if he sometimes started out tired.
"When you're doing something from the heart, you get energy from unbelievable places," Adams said. "I draw strength from the people I help."

Posted on: 2014/2/19 18:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017