Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City schools working with company soon to be headed by Cerf
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Holy spin. If JC didn't write Amplify a check, they were FREE. Do you charge a restaurant when they give you a free sample, because you're doing market research for a new appetizer??

Anyway, please shoot a flare when you have an actual example of right wing propaganda that is installed on the free tablets-you know, the stuff the corporate machine wants to use to create a zombie cadre of worker ants to do their bidding.

Because, so far, you've got nuttin!

Posted on: 2014/6/6 12:30

Amplify (FOX NEWS CURRICULUM) for Jersey City Public Schools?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
Because this thread gets so off topic I want to re-iterate my message:

RUPERT MURDOCH THE OWNER OF FOX NEWS ALSO OWNS A EDUCATIONAL TABLET/SOFTWARE COMPANY CALLED AMPLIFY. JCPS HAVE HELPED AMPLIFY BY ALLOWING STUDENTS TO USE THE TABLETS AS PART OF MARKET RESEARCH FOR THE COMPANY. I BELIEVE TABLETS ARE AN EXCELLENT EDUCATIONAL TOOL BUT THAT WE SHOULD NOT USE ONES FROM THIS COMPANY WHICH IS MIRED IN ETHICAL ACCUSATIONS SUCH AS HIRING POLITICIANS TO GAIN MARKET SHARE, TAPPING REPORTERS CELL PHONES, AND BEING A PROPAGANDA MACHINE.

Monroe:

Further research indicates that the tablets Jersey City Public Schools used were not GIVEN FREE but were part of research that served the company. IF ANYTHING THEY SHOULD HAVE PAID THE SCHOOLS FOR THE MARKET RESEARCH (I have a friend who makes a nice living doing this). A conservative such as yourself surely knows there is no free lunch. This is indicative of a terrible trend where our schools have been volunteered countless times over the past two years for "research" that benefits private companies and actually take vaulable time away from our students and teachers.

Additionally, yes "left leaning" groups and people donate free things to schools all the time. The biggest one is teachers who I have witnessed giving very generously of their free time and even own money. That no longer occurs as it once did ever since we got our antagonistic Broad Academy leader who makes us spend all our free time on waste-of-time-nonsense.

Also, you act like conservatives haven't been a part of America. The mess we are in is their fault too . . . Conservatives always whine about accountability but always seem to be the last ones taking it. Just admit it . . . Democrats and Republicans both really suck.

Also, yes, if a liberal news outlet distributes politically motivated talking points from the top down daily (as FOX NEWS has been proven to do even by clowns like John Stewart) then it is also PROPAGANDA

DTJCVIEW:

You are absolutely right about tablets being the future of education. Clearly, Rupert Murdoch knows this too and is trying to use his vast fortune to achieve his dream of propagandizing the youth during school hours when they have no choice in the matter. There are plenty of great tablets out there that can be used besides AMPLIFY but with the chief of NJ education now in charge of the company we can only assume that they will be huge in this market. I am really surprised that more people are not up in arms about the ethics of this.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 12:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

teachparentlove wrote:
I was able to experiment with the tablets briefly at an educational conference. They are built super shoddy with some ridiculous design features. If I could figure out how to post pics here I'd show you some I snapped. There are other options in the market place but politics means that the best product isn't chosen . . . the product that has a connection that supported the Mayors campaign gets selected.

To me the choice of tablet for schools is almost a no-brainer. The Kindle Fire cost around $100, is Android-based, can be loaded with virtually every app, works well with web-browsing and multi-media, and heck - the thing is designed specifically to handle books. Kids might actually appreciate the thing instead of lugging around another useless tech brick.

http://www.amazon.com/kindle-fire-hd- ... kids-tablet/dp/B00CU0NSCU

Posted on: 2014/6/4 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
First off, 'right wing propaganda'? Would my corollary be 'left wing propaganda' for every liberal idea? Why can't you just say a different point of view? Both sides do have their own agendas. One side has been in charge for generations with lousy results.

Second, as far as the quality of the construction, and whether they're the best product out there-

did you miss the fact that they're being provided free of cost to JC?

Have any left leaning groups offered anything similar to help student performance in JC?

As far as to who's driving this attempt at improving education in JC it's important to keep in mind one thing-

despite BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of suburban tax revenue being donated to JC schools the results have been an utter failure. 1/3 of students FAIL to graduate.

So trying something else, to me, is a no-brainer. Continuing to do the same things and expect a different result is insane.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Doing the status quo isn't leading, btw.

Posted on: 2014/6/4 13:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am sure there are quite a few liberals working at FOX NEWS but it still fulfills it's leader's vision of right wing propaganda. It is also of note that this hedge fund mafia education "reform" movement is embraced by plenty of Democrats. We can recall the "secret" meetings between Fulop and Christies' boy Cerf to the purpose of getting our Broad certified superintendent in place. Both Democrats and Republicans are beholden to their monied masters and neither have any shame these days in doing their bidding. Fools like you really think that half of them are better than the others . . . . they both sell out their citizens every day.

You are right though Monroe, all major media in the US is at a very low standard these days.

The bottom line is that we don't need to jump on board and use educational curriculum from a boss who is notoriously biased politically (even is he is right). Jersey City does not need FOX News textbooks even if they are fancy tablets. Students need at least three sides to all political issues and to inform themselves and make their own decisions.

I was able to experiment with the tablets briefly at an educational conference. They are built super shoddy with some ridiculous design features. If I could figure out how to post pics here I'd show you some I snapped. There are other options in the market place but politics means that the best product isn't chosen . . . the product that has a connection that supported the Mayors campaign gets selected.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Still waiting to see the right wing propaganda, Fox News driven, Rupert Murdoch controlled content inside the tablets.

Anyone have course outlines yet?

Somehow I don't see Joel Klein, former Chancellor of the largest school system in the country (and a noted lefty) giving carte blanche to creationism, Tea Party Constitutionalism, and pro-Life health class instruction.

But that's just me.

Posted on: 2014/6/4 12:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/11 21:52
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dojan wrote:
In the case of a liberal there is a two-word term for this which starts with "useful".

Sorry there was a typo. I meant to say
Quote:

In this case there is a two-word term which starts with "useful".

Posted on: 2014/5/31 3:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
1) For the illiterate who cannot read, I will simply quote the first sentence of that article I linked:

"Top journalists from The New York Times, NBC News and CNN acknowledged Wednesday that, generally speaking, the national media have a liberal bias."

And the source of that graph is from Pew Research. And you consider Pew Research conservative? Unbelievable.

2) A person who judges anything based on its source, instead of the content, simply lacks the ability to think for him/herself, whether s/he is a liberal, a conservative, or an independent. In the case of a liberal there is a two-word term for this which starts with "useful".

3) Now I remember where I read about media's liberal bias:

http://freakonomics.com/2011/08/08/ti ... n-answers-your-questions/

Now don't tell me Freakonomics is right wing conservative nuts.

Posted on: 2014/5/31 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Still waiting to see the right wing propaganda, Fox News driven, Rupert Murdoch controlled content inside the tablets.

Anyone have course outlines yet?

Somehow I don't see Joel Klein, former Chancellor of the largest school system in the country (and a noted lefty) giving carte blanche to creationism, Tea Party Constitutionalism, and pro-Life health class instruction.

But that's just me.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I hope you find the irony in posting a speech by Bloomberg, a man that has multiple news outlets named after him and in charge of providing news claiming that ?the media? is liberal? The comedy never ends.

The sub-topic was liberals being intolerant in Universities, and not about media bias. So nope - didn't find the irony.

Looking at your post you are replying to multiple people, and jumbling facts. Monroe, dojan and I were not all making the same point. Slow down, bud.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 21:33

Edited by dtjcview on 2014/5/30 21:53:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Mouthbreathers? Bigot?? Liberal media meme??? NYTimes doesn't lean left???? Holy Rachel Maddow Kool Aid!

You have to recognize you have a problem before you can start to raise your awareness, honey.

Will you tell me next that our universities don't have a liberal bias? (And please don't use the service academies as examples that they don't, lol).

Fact: Joe Scarborough works at MSNBC and is given hiring control over the hosts.

Name for me the left wing equivalent hosting a show on Fox or CNN or just about any television network. You can?t or you would have.

Quote:

dojan wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Next you'll be telling me that the Hollywood elite are closet Republicans!

Journalist consensus: Media lean left

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2 ... ia-leans-left-179852.html

Pew Study Finds MSNBC the Most Opinionated Cable News Channel By Far

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberco ... able-news-channel-by-far/

Resized Image

I remember reading somewhere that Republicans are far less likely to pursue journalist careers than Democrats so it's harder for the media to hire Republicans: they have to pay more because of lack of supply, therefore they end up hiring more Democrats.

Fox News (which I don't watch) is good at telling its audience what they want to hear. Sadly media on the left side have been following this route. Now I use Economist as my primary news source. It's much better to have a weekly update than a noisy daily update.

The Politico, a right wing blog often considered a joke by legitimate news outlets, says that media skews left. Well it MUST be true!

What?s that? Forbes, a right wing magazine, agrees?? You don?t say?

Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Will you tell me next that our universities don't have a liberal bias? (And please don't use the service academies as examples that they don't, lol).

Good speech from Bloomberg.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/us/bloo ... eech/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Quote:

(CNN) -- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, delivering Thursday's commencement speech at Harvard University, criticized what he described as a disturbing trend of liberals silencing voices "deemed politically objectionable."

"This spring, it has been disturbing to see a number of college commencement speakers withdraw -- or have their invitations rescinded -- after protests from students and -- to me, shockingly -- from senior faculty and administrators who should know better," Bloomberg said.

The billionaire former mayor cited an October speech during which his ex-police commissioner, Ray Kelly, was shouted down by students at Brown University. The university canceled Kelly's speech when protesters opposed to the police department's stop-and-frisk policy shouted down and interrupted Kelly.

Bloomberg noted other universities have had speakers back out. He pointed to Rutgers, where former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice withdrew amid protests, and Smith College, where International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde withdrew after a student petition.

"In each case, liberals silenced a voice -- and denied an honorary degree -- to individuals they deemed politically objectionable. This is an outrage," Bloomberg said to applause.

I hope you find the irony in posting a speech by Bloomberg, a man that has multiple news outlets named after him and in charge of providing news claiming that ?the media? is liberal? The comedy never ends.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 20:48
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Getting the topic back on track. The success or failure of Amplify will depend on it's value to teachers and students. The tech is pretty simple and easy to replicate. If Amplify's content sucks, competitors will be quick to come in with better products.

I think the introduction of this kind of tech is a huge positive, and moves public schools out of the 19th century and into the 21st.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My remarks were pointed to Bloomberg lecturing on global warming, because he ignores it for his own convenience by commuting by private plane/helicopter all the time.

Climate change, and whether it's altered by man (which may be somewhat true) or is a natural occurrence (which we absolutely know is true) is a subject for its own thread.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Sometimes Bloomie is spot on, often he's off base. Mostly he's arrogant and condescending.

Lecturing people on climate change (although the globe has gotten cooler the last 20 years, and without mankind the earth cyclically goes warm and cold on its own) falls under the arrogant and condescending category, when you pollute with your own private jet. Let'em eat cake, or fly commercial, while I'll be in my G4!

You make conservatives look bad by denying the existence of global warming by saying things like the globe has gotten cooler in the past 20 years.

No one who has any sense actually believes that.

Did you know the smart conservatives and companies who are spending billions on climate change denial efforts are also spending billions on investments that will only be profitable if global warming occurs?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1594204 ... =1401291677&robot_redir=1

Posted on: 2014/5/30 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sometimes Bloomie is spot on, often he's off base. Mostly he's arrogant and condescending.

Lecturing people on climate change (although the globe has gotten cooler the last 20 years, and without mankind the earth cyclically goes warm and cold on its own) falls under the arrogant and condescending category, when you pollute with your own private jet. Let'em eat cake, or fly commercial, while I'll be in my G4!

Posted on: 2014/5/30 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dojan wrote:
Quote:

It's a great speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhfn2zgFFJ8

In the second part he criticized those who oppose to gun control, who deny evolution/climate change, etc.

Says the guy who takes his private jet for weekends in the Caribbean. How's your carbon footprint, Bloomie?

What was the point of your comment? Are you disagreeing with him that global warming/climate change is real?

Also, if you clicked on the link you'd see it was a great speech that blasted intolerant liberals for silencing dissent at our universities.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dojan wrote:
Quote:

It's a great speech.

In the second part he criticized those who oppose to gun control, who deny evolution/climate change, etc.

Says the guy who takes his private jet for weekends in the Caribbean. How's your carbon footprint, Bloomie?

Posted on: 2014/5/30 14:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

It's a great speech.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
I suggest you guys stop feeding the troll.
It prevents the discussion from progressing.

Who's trolling? I see people presenting a broad spectrum of different views contributing to a healthy debate. If you disagree with a view, make your case.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Posted on: 2014/5/30 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I suggest you guys stop feeding the troll.
It prevents the discussion from progressing.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 11:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/30 10:04
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Good speech from Bloomberg.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/us/bloo ... eech/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Quote:

(CNN) -- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, delivering Thursday's commencement speech at Harvard University, criticized what he described as a disturbing trend of liberals silencing voices "deemed politically objectionable."

"This spring, it has been disturbing to see a number of college commencement speakers withdraw -- or have their invitations rescinded -- after protests from students and -- to me, shockingly -- from senior faculty and administrators who should know better," Bloomberg said.

The billionaire former mayor cited an October speech during which his ex-police commissioner, Ray Kelly, was shouted down by students at Brown University. The university canceled Kelly's speech when protesters opposed to the police department's stop-and-frisk policy shouted down and interrupted Kelly.

Bloomberg noted other universities have had speakers back out. He pointed to Rutgers, where former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice withdrew amid protests, and Smith College, where International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde withdrew after a student petition.

"In each case, liberals silenced a voice -- and denied an honorary degree -- to individuals they deemed politically objectionable. This is an outrage," Bloomberg said to applause.

Posted on: 2014/5/30 4:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's right in front of us-we need affirmative action programs to ensure we have conservatives represented in the media.

tee-hee

Posted on: 2014/5/29 19:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Journalist consensus: Media lean left

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2 ... ia-leans-left-179852.html

Pew Study Finds MSNBC the Most Opinionated Cable News Channel By Far

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberco ... able-news-channel-by-far/

Resized Image

I remember reading somewhere that Republicans are far less likely to pursue journalist careers than Democrats so it's harder for the media to hire Republicans: they have to pay more because of lack of supply, therefore they end up hiring more Democrats.

Fox News (which I don't watch) is good at telling its audience what they want to hear. Sadly media on the left side have been following this route. Now I use Economist as my primary news source. It's much better to have a weekly update than a noisy daily update.

Posted on: 2014/5/29 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
tpl, using words like 'Trojan horse' can I remind you-this is your opinion of what is the purpose of this project.

Using Joel Klein as an example of the Murdoch tentacles is amusing, given his lifelong affiliation to the Democratic party and liberal causes. Both he and his wife are card carrying lefties.

Can you point, or document, any curriculum changes that skew information towards a conservative, Fox News driven, Rupert Murdoch designed (yeah, he's got his fingerprints all over course content!) slant?

Oh, and hacking journalists cellphones? Are you talking about Obama and the AP reporters, whose cell and home phones were tapped??

Posted on: 2014/5/29 16:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 15:46
From Departing Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Paranoids shouldn't be allowed near our kids. My 2 cents.

Posted on: 2014/5/29 16:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Since this thread has dissolved into a war about media and politics I feel the need to remind everyone that THIS IS ABOUT AN EDUCATION PRODUCT CALLED ?AMPLIFY? WHICH USES A TABLET COMPUTER AS A TROJAN HORSE TO GET RUPERT MURDOCH (OWNER OF FOX NEWS) DESIGNED CURRICULUM INTO OUR CLASSROOMS. This is highly relevant in Jersey City because they have already run a trial in our district. Also, in the education politics/ed tech company revolving door NJ Ed boss Christopher Cerf just became CEO of Amplify, obviously for the purpose of using his political connections to get Amplify ?deals? in NJ (and as a reward for doing a couple years in NJ State politics and doing the bidding of conservatives.
As if the muck run on Fox News under the guise of journalism wasn?t enough to scare us off this product/curriculum the product launch was delayed because Rupert put Joel Klein (another Amplify CEO/ex-ed-boss) in charge of defending his British company on charges of HACKING INTO JOURNALIST CELLPHONES.

So this product FOR EDUCATING CHILDREN had its launch delayed because the head of the company was defending his boss against charges of HACKING JOURNALIST CELLPHONES. You can?t make this stuff up. If JC buys any AMPLIFY tablets it will eclipse the embarrassment of electing a convicted felon (Gerald McCann) for the school board.

The funny thing about neo libs like Fulop getting these Broadies into positions of power is that they are fulfilling an ultra conservative wet dream.

Monroe:
What Frank M said to infinity (you must teach at McNair Frank M). All of our dominant media outlets are so pathetic to be beyond defense. Interestingly, to a conservative, it is market influence that distorts the news into mere entertainment willing to prostitute itself to the point of humiliation. ?The Market? is claimed by many to be the cure for everything even education. It will of course do to education something similar to what it has done to "journalism" honey.

Posted on: 2014/5/29 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/28 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Frank, my points are directed to those who aver that Fox is conservative propaganda, but refuse to acknowledge that the vast majority of media outlets in the US push a liberal agenda themselves.

Saying that most media is fair is like saying that academia in the US doesn't skew strongly left. It's self serving for those who want to demonize conservative voices, though.

Again, if you really think these large media/entertainment outlets are pushing a liberal agenda, either you don?t understand what that actually means, or in spite of their supposedly leftist mission, they absolutely suck at it. I realize you?re not alone in your opinion, and regrettably it serves to demonstrate that the far right has gone so far off the rails in the past decade that even just right of center appears liberal.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mouthbreathers? Bigot?? Liberal media meme??? NYTimes doesn't lean left???? Holy Rachel Maddow Kool Aid!

You have to recognize you have a problem before you can start to raise your awareness, honey.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Let's see, you have Fox News on one side, and ABC/CBS/NBC/MSN/CNN, the New York Times, Hollywood on the other.

Anytime I see this written, I know that it is coming from a place known only as complete ignorance...

Let me get this straight-you agree when someone says Fox skews right, but refuse to believe that other news organizations skew left?

Anyone who doesn't see this is a) either wildly partisan, b) has no understanding of bias in the news field, c) an idiot, or d) all of the above.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012 ... ors-political-affiliation

Yes. Your argument is false on its core.

MSNBC, which is the only ?left wing? news out there, has Joe Scarborough doing mornings along with giving him authority over hirings. To put this in context, that would be the equivalent of Fox News hiring Howard Dean as their morning host and then letting him hire what he believes are right wingers to host the rest of the day.

The New York Times was complicit in getting the Iraq War started, along with Meet The Press (the supposedly ?unbiased? news show).

?Liberal Media? is a meme spoken by people that can only be described politely as mouth breathers. Anyone that?s ever had friends working in the media knows exactly how news stories and news media operate.

The best you have is an opinion piece written by someone with an agenda. Yawn.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

teachparentlove wrote:
Monroe:

Are you going to tell me that Fox News is "Fair and Balanced" as they claim in their tag line? Now I have a lot of conservative ideals (as well as liberal ones) and everyone knows Fox News has a political agenda and that they distribute "talking points" to their hosts. It is also documented public knowledge that Rupert Murdoch the owner of News Corp holds the same political beliefs often espoused on his news media.

I don't think it is such a "loony" jump to assume he would do the same for his digital text books. Don't you think our kids deserve at least two sides to the story on things like history and social studies? How is saying I don't want a Fox News style text book paranoid.

Tin Foil hats are as popular on the extreme right as they are on the extreme left.

Education has continually skewed more and more to the right over the years. This has nothing to do with Fox News or Rupert Murdoch directly. It has everything to do with the national curriculum getting dictated in conservative places of Texas.

Yeah, we see a lot of that taught, alongside 'Heather has two mommies' in the library and grade school instruction on how to put a condom on a banana. The right is taking over education.

Er, no.

When and where do you see ?Heather has two mommies? being taught? As for a book being a library? unless you are a complete bigot (which is possible) saying that book shouldn?t be in the library is like saying anything by Orson Wells shouldn?t be in the library. Do you regularly hold book burnings on your lawn?

Since you have no knowledge about the education standards and where they come from?
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.html?_r=0
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/educat ... -curriculum-OK-d-3498.ece

When you have books written by completely stupid people (anyone that questions Darwinism should have the unused gray matter in their head removed) and then that is the curriculum taught in schools, your parallel to a single book sitting in a library is absurd.

Posted on: 2014/5/28 18:18
Dos A Cero

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017