Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: U.S. Sen. Menendez - new federal investigation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

From Russia with love: The Menendez trial will rival anything going on in Washington | Mulshine

Let us turn away for a moment from the great show going on in Washington  and look for a moment at a show taking place in Newark.

That's the Bob Menendez show.

Our senior senator is about to go on trial on corruption charges in a case that has a little bit of everything that makes life in this democracy so fascinating: parties in the tropics, a mysterious and beautiful  Russian woman named Svitlana,  and a big dose of Palm Beach high life.

That life was led by Salomon Melgen, an eye doctor who is truly larger than life.

Unfortunately, the bills he submitted to Medicare were also larger than life.   In April, he was convicted by a jury in Palm Beach on 67 counts stemming from his practice of billing Medicare for as much as $20 million a year for some highly questionable treatments.  

The 67-year-old Melgen is due to be sentenced on Aug. 11 to a prison term that might amount to a life sentence. He could get even more time if he's found guilty in the Sept. 6 trial in Newark, in which he is a co-defendant with the senator.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ndez_trial_will_riva.html

Posted on: 2017/7/28 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
This scumbag has been avoiding prosecution for years on his shady deals. Meanwhile in Ft Lee a bridge closed.

Except a bridge didn't close . . .

Posted on: 2017/4/29 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Remember too, these same guys were also guests, along with Bill Clinton, flying to the DR on Jeffrey Epstein private Lolita Airways.

The underage girl thing was never fully investigated outside of Epstein pleading out to a 2 year sentence for sex trafficking.

Posted on: 2017/4/29 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Menendez donor, Fla. eye doctor guilty on all counts of Medicare fraud

By The Associated Press
on April 28, 2017 at 3:29 PM, updated April 28, 2017 at 4:35 PM

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A prominent Florida eye doctor has been convicted on all counts in his Medicare fraud trial, raising the possibility he could be pressured to testify in the bribery trial of New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez.

Jurors announced their verdict Friday for Dr. Salomon Melgen. He effectively faces a life sentence if no deal is struck. Menendez denies any wrongdoing.

Prosecutors contended that the 62-year-old Melgen stole up to $105 million from the federal insurance program between 2008 and 2013, by giving patients treatments and tests that couldn't help them.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2017 ... guilty_on_all_counts.html

Posted on: 2017/4/29 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I thought my point was pretty clear! Republicans are treated differently and held to a different standard then Democrats are.

Posted on: 2017/4/12 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Menendez is complete and total scumbag, and his not being in federal jail on a long sentence is downright pathetic. But, what does have to do with the GWB access road closure? It's a bit of a stretch to claim a bridge was closed, don't you think?

Posted on: 2017/4/12 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
This scumbag has been avoiding prosecution for years on his shady deals. Meanwhile in Ft Lee a bridge closed.

Posted on: 2017/4/12 13:27

hcdo sponsor' fraud trial continues in florida
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 13:42
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/c ... s/7o3sXPiKJ4InqpBiTS3VEK/

terrence too busy twitting about trump to notice.

Posted on: 2017/4/12 12:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Now this should be interesting to watch... this was a political hit job from the previous admin "non- political" DOJ... now with all the NJ connections in the WH. What can we do to make this all go away?

Let's start watching how the senator starts voting? Starting with a Scotus vote?

Meh... I see no indication that the case has in any way affected his voting habits.

I can only assume you are referring to BM past voting record under Obama. That is what got him in trouble with the WH.

I was talking about the future...

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _a.html#incart_river_home

Posted on: 2017/3/24 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Now this should be interesting to watch... this was a political hit job from the previous admin "non- political" DOJ... now with all the NJ connections in the WH. What can we do to make this all go away?

Let's start watching how the senator starts voting? Starting with a Scotus vote?

Meh... I see no indication that the case has in any way affected his voting habits.

Posted on: 2017/3/22 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

LoL

Posted on: 2017/3/22 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/3/20 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Supreme Court refuses to dismiss Menendez corruption charges

POLITICO - By 03/20/17 10:48 AM EDT

The Supreme Court has rejected Sen. Bob Menendez's attempt to throw out the bribery and corruption charges against him, setting the stage for a trial for the New Jersey Democrat this fall.

With Monday's announcement, Menendez can no longer block the proceedings against him from moving forward, a major setback for his efforts to avoid criminal trial.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03 ... corruption-charges-236252

Posted on: 2017/3/20 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Menendez supports Israel and Cuba-American politics because his constituents want him to-this is what Senators are elected to do, and he succeeds in these areas. His dirt bag dealings with the Florida ophthalmologist are what's getting him in trouble, which isn't what he was elected to do in NJ.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 11:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Correction:

Less like Borsip and much more like "do-goodie-goodie" bodhipooh.

The latter so obviously a craven sycophant of the corporate media culture and its subservience to Israel, much to the detriment of the American people. (Tee, hee, hee...I get paid!)

Posted on: 2016/10/11 5:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Like Borsip, Menendez, is an utter scumbag. Purchased, duped and paid for by the Israel lobby -- Israel first, of course. Although, Menendez, unlike *most* sheeple, is well aware of the treason he has committed. (Pedophilia and all.)

Traitor(s) extraordinaire.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 4:19

Edited by score09 on 2016/10/11 4:48:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Feds renew contested allegations in Menendez case

By Thomas Moriarty | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Email the author
on October 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM, updated October 10, 2016 at 7:30 PM

NEWARK — More than a year after a judge dismissed four counts of bribery in the corruption case against U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez and Florida ophthalmologist Dr. Salomon Melgen, a federal grand jury Thursday renewed the accusations in a superseding indictment.

Menendez, a Democrat from Paramus, was originally indicted in April 2015 along with Melgen, who prosecutors allege gave the senator more than $1 million in gifts and campaign contributions in exchange for Menendez intervening in federal matters involving Melgen.

The bribery charges returned in Thursday's superseding indictment, filed in the U.S. District Court in Newark, concern a $20,000 payment Melgen made to the Fund to Uphold the U.S. Constitution, a trust formed by the senator "to defray the outstanding costs of a politically charged recall effort," according to a motion filed by Menendez's defense team in July 2015.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... s.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2016/10/11 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Sen. Menendez has been busy working since his indictment | Political Insider

By Agustin C. Torres | The Jersey Journal
February 13, 2016 at 7:09 AM

The Hudson County raised and trained Big Bad Bob has been extremely busy. It is almost as if since his indictment on federal corruption charges U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez has kicked his legislative work and senior legislative influence into high gear.

Let's just take a look at the past week as an example. On Monday it was about Flint, Michigan and the lead-laced drinking water in the Wolverine State's city. Menendez and fellow Garden State Sen. Cory Booker, as well as U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell, Jr. of Paterson, all Democrats, said they will introduce bills in Congress that will call for upgrading the nation's (and that means Jersey too) less than stellar water systems.

"Flint has taught us all that ignoring our aging water infrastructure has dire consequences," said Sen. Menendez. "We've under invested in our infrastructure, certainly we've under invested in water systems, and now we're paying the price ..."

Just put it on the list of the many things that are "under" in the nation.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... dc_since_his_indictm.html

Posted on: 2016/2/13 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Doctor in Menendez corruption case to stay in jail

By The Associated Press The Associated Press 
May 08, 2015 at  5:23 PM

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.  — A Florida doctor charged with corruption alongside New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez has been ordered to remain jailed while awaiting trial for alleged Medicare fraud.

Attorneys for 60-year-old Salomon Melgen said their client posed no risk of fleeing. But U.S. Magistrate Judge James Hopkins sided Friday with prosecutors who said the ophthalmologist's extraordinary wealth gave him a chance to go anywhere in the world, particularly his native Dominican Republic, where he has close ties to government officials.

A 76-count indictment claims Melgen falsely diagnosed patients with eye conditions that allowed him to perform unnecessary and costly procedures. He has pleaded not guilty to those charges, as well as those in the separate New Jersey case, in which he's accused of swapping donations and vacations for favors from Menendez.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... in_jail.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/5/9 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Pebble wrote:
Quote:
Pebble wrote:

The only difference between Score and Borisp is the side of the political spectrum that they sit on...

Your reading comprehension is about as awful as it gets. If you think I ?hate? you, you?re way off base. I?d never seen anyone that thinks they are so smart put forward such poor arguments. Your clownish warm-up act to make people laugh. You aren?t someone I take seriously. How can someone hate a clown?

I want to point out that as soon as you wanted to personally attack someone, you felt compelled to mention my name. This is not a behavior that is commonly associated with "not taking seriously". This is more like obsession.

Quote:
Pebble wrote:
I don?t have to argue you or provide information to counter what you write. That would imply what you write isn?t completely absurd on its face. If you want an example, just look at when you tried comparing the American Civil War to the Iraq War.

Yeah, yeah, I know. If only you wanted to, you could have easily explained what was wrong with any of my statements. It's just that you don't want to. It's just too easy for you. And you don't have time. And the dog ate your notes. You are a king of debate.

Posted on: 2015/5/1 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Utterly AMAZING as to the dearth of commentary on my latest post. Would have expected a total onslaught, replete with Anti-Semetic accusations. Might that be to those who agree but are AFRAID to speak out against Israel, lol? Nonetheless, quite obvious indeed is the impact. Let this percolate for now, and check yourself as to your opinion that Israel is worth a dime.

Because people, it is TOTALLY okay to speak AGAINST Israel. the research is overwhelming.

I think of you as the crazies that stand at the corners of heavily transited areas (like the Port Authority Bus Terminal) proclaiming the imminent return of Jesus, and how everyone needs to repent. They are also ignored by every person walking by. It never occurred to me that crazies concluded "quite obvious indeed is the impact" and felt confident that people were "percolating" their deep thoughts. A deranged mind is a sad thing, but quite intriguing to observe, as well.

The only difference between Score and Borisp is the side of the political spectrum that they sit on...

Look, you know as well as I do that the only thing common between me and Score is that you don't like either of us. Nothing else. He's antisemite, I'm not xenophobic in the slightest (in fact, you are a very hateful person and much closer to him in this respect than I am). He's raving, I'm arguing (in fact, you never explain your declarations and are much closer to him in this respect as well). Politically, as you noted yourself, he's on your side of the spectrum.

Even the reasons you don't like us are different! You don't like me because I reason my side. You don't like him because he shows how much of your side is just pure hate.

Your reading comprehension is about as awful as it gets. If you think I ?hate? you, you?re way off base. I?d never seen anyone that thinks they are so smart put forward such poor arguments. Your clownish warm-up act to make people laugh. You aren?t someone I take seriously. How can someone hate a clown?

I don?t have to argue you or provide information to counter what you write. That would imply what you write isn?t completely absurd on its face. If you want an example, just look at when you tried comparing the American Civil War to the Iraq War.

Posted on: 2015/4/30 17:35
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Utterly AMAZING as to the dearth of commentary on my latest post. Would have expected a total onslaught, replete with Anti-Semetic accusations. Might that be to those who agree but are AFRAID to speak out against Israel, lol? Nonetheless, quite obvious indeed is the impact. Let this percolate for now, and check yourself as to your opinion that Israel is worth a dime.

Because people, it is TOTALLY okay to speak AGAINST Israel. the research is overwhelming.

I think of you as the crazies that stand at the corners of heavily transited areas (like the Port Authority Bus Terminal) proclaiming the imminent return of Jesus, and how everyone needs to repent. They are also ignored by every person walking by. It never occurred to me that crazies concluded "quite obvious indeed is the impact" and felt confident that people were "percolating" their deep thoughts. A deranged mind is a sad thing, but quite intriguing to observe, as well.

Look, you know as well as I do that the only thing common between me and Score is that you don't like either of us. Nothing else. He's antisemite, I'm not xenophobic in the slightest (in fact, you are a very hateful person and much closer to him in this respect than I am). He's raving, I'm arguing (in fact, you never explain your declarations and are much closer to him in this respect as well). Politically, as you noted yourself, he's on your side of the spectrum.

Even the reasons you don't like us are different! You don't like me because I reason my side. You don't like him because he shows how much of your side is just pure hate.

Posted on: 2015/4/29 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/28 15:22
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/28 12:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Menendez is indicted because of his blatant disregard of ethics, not because of his support for Israel, opposition to the Iran deal, and anti-Castro positions.

Posted on: 2015/4/28 10:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/28 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Professorial DershoSHITS
Ayatollah Assaholla
Scumbaglio Extraordinitius

Sen Men, aligns with Sol Melgen
No problemo con Dershowenzo

Wow! This is the first time I've seen anybody actually frothing at the mouth (or, should I say, frothing at their fingertips!) on JCList.

Posted on: 2015/4/27 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Professorial DershoSHITS
Ayatollah Assaholla
Scumbaglio Extraordinitius

Sen Men, aligns with Sol Melgen
No problemo con Dershowenzo

Posted on: 2015/4/27 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Does Alan Dershowitz matter? The same insolently outspoken "American Jew"(as opposed to Irish-American, African-American, Italian-American, Polish-American or Japanese-American...all of which place emphasis on AMERICAN as opposed to JEW) who has the TEMERITY to challenge an American President committed to the peaceful acceptance of the state of Israel, lol? A State which now fights against the VERY PLAUSIBLE concept of illegitimacy? A question of LEGITIMACY, lol. Harvard Law Professor Dershowitz is a total scumbag.

When the revolution comes (and trust me people...it will) this Harvard Law Professor will be burned at the stake. And a certain country on the eastern edge of the Mediterranean will be wiped off the map.

Dershowitz is a virulent agent of oppression, robot makes my stomach turn. So pathetic! AMERICA and its allegiances, lol.

Posted on: 2015/4/27 3:25

Edited by score09 on 2015/4/27 3:41:19
Edited by score09 on 2015/4/27 3:51:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Dershowitz says Menendez indictment related to senator's foreign policy views

By Matthew Speiser | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal
April 12, 2015 at  6:58 PM

SECAUCUS - Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz believes New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez may have been indicted by the Obama administration due to differing stances on foreign policy.

"Senator Menendez has challenged the Administration's policy toward Cuba, expressed concerns over a nuclear deal being brokered with Iran, questioned why an agency would condone throwing good medicine in the garbage, and asked whether a foreign government or the private sector is better at port security," writes Dershowitz in a post on policy forum the Gatestone Institute titled "Dangers to Democracy in the Prosecution of Senator Menendez". "Senators should not have to fear that the Executive Branch will unleash prosecutors to go after politicians who are critical of the administration."

Menendez was indicted earlier this month on charges of corruption and bribery stemming from his relationship with friend and Florida eye doctor Salomon Melgen. Menendez, the former mayor of Union City and chair of the Hudson County Democratic Organization, has been accused of accepting close to $1 million dollars in gifts from Melgen in exchange for using his political clout to help Melgen businesses and get three of Melgen's girlfriend's US visas.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _to_sen.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/4/13 2:42

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017