Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Where can us artist folk promote our creativity on JCL?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/3 10:54
From Village, DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Here are a list of websites where artists can promote themselves and their latest events:

JC-Arts.org: Artists and musicians can submit their events and promote their cultural events.

JCArtist.org: Artists can register for a free online portfolio and curators can promote their organized exhibitions.

JC Fridays: JC Fridays is a quarterly event, held four times a year at the start of every season: March, June, September, December. The next JC Fridays will be held on Friday, March 7, 2014.

DestinationJC.com: Run by the Department of Tourism. You can submit your art event by e-mailing the administrator.

Reddit JC: Post images of your artwork and links to events in this community subrreddit.

American Towns: Community calender for events.

I can also recommend a number of Facebook pages and Twitter accounts, if you'd like.

Support JC Arts!

Posted on: 2014/1/29 3:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

7thstreeter wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Regardless of the personal income of the "artists" (my bad for that pointless aside), with exception of a few notables listed before, it's pretty pitiful. There are definitely a few shining beacons of artistic talent, but hopefully they up the ante in the coming years since JC draws artists to it.

Have you been to MANA in Journal Square? There are many talented, thoughtful, and successful artists who keep studios there. The place blows my mind every time I visit.

I was also impressed by the group show at the recently reopened 58 Gallery.

Posted on: 2014/1/28 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Regardless of the personal income of the "artists" (my bad for that pointless aside), with exception of a few notables listed before, it's pretty pitiful. There are definitely a few shining beacons of artistic talent, but hopefully they up the ante in the coming years since JC draws artists to it.

Have you been to MANA in Journal Square? There are many talented, thoughtful, and successful artists who keep studios there. The place blows my mind every time I visit.

Posted on: 2014/1/28 22:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 17:37
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Awww thats not fair to say - have you been to Freshly Baked Gallery on Monmouth St?

No trust fund babies there, just art lovers trying to rally and expose more JC locals to fill their homes with art.

JC art world is expanding - slowly... but we all need to stop whining and start supporting!

Posted on: 2014/1/28 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/1/27 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Unfortunately, the JC "art scene" is about quantity over quality.

There are a few notable exceptions (Kayt Hester, Robert Piersanti), but by and large it's filled with true hipster trust fund babies who choose art over 9-5 jobs.

'Let it be passed down'?

Who are these trust fund kids? 90% of the artists I know have day/side jobs. The remaining few make their living solely off art endeavors. Part of what I like about the art scene here is that it's not pretentious rich kids playing starving artist.

And even if they are living on family money - so what. Isn't it a salute to the American economy and our tax laws that we not only generate so much wealth but that we let it be passed on from generation to generation. Sounds like you are envious of these daubers and might even be advocating yet more confiscatory taxes. As an aside, no well brought person has a trust fund, it's called having a small family income.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

There are a few notable exceptions (Kayt Hester, Robert Piersanti), but by and large it's filled with true hipster trust fund babies who choose art over 9-5 jobs.

Who are these trust fund kids? 90% of the artists I know have day/side jobs. The remaining few make their living solely off art endeavors. Part of what I like about the art scene here is that it's not pretentious rich kids playing starving artist.

And even if they are living on family money - so what. Isn't it a salute to the American economy and our tax laws that we not only generate so much wealth but that we let it be passed on from generation to generation. Sounds like you are envious of these daubers and might even be advocating yet more confiscatory taxes. As an aside, no well brought person has a trust fund, it's called having a small family income.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/26 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/1/26 14:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/30 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
This is not on JCL, but JC Made on Grove might be another good fit for artists and craftists to promote their creativity:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jc-made-jersey-city

Posted on: 2014/1/25 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ItalianGuy525 wrote:
Maybe make another tab "promote you're creativity". For me it's a hobby and calms me at the same time it's fun! Thoughts?

I'm not an artist, but enjoy the arts tremendously and find artists and creative people have a lot to bring to most situations.

How about responding to different posts, even if they don't specifically relate to the "arts"? Politics, real estate, all loom large on JCList - I would enjoy seeing posts from creative people suggesting reading material, shows, venues, etc., that engage us in response to things that are happening in the culture at large.

For example - the tragic shootings in JC that left 5 people dead. How can we comprehend, let alone respond to that? Can art help it make sense, or bring it home to those of us who didn't experience it, in a way that will make a lasting impression?

Posted on: 2014/1/25 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I find this breakdown of venues helpful, it lists current exhibits around town. Hats off to whoever provides this website! http://jcartist.org/venues

Posted on: 2014/1/22 13:55

Where can us artist folk promote our creativity on JCL?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/17 3:02
From JC waterfront
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe make another tab "promote you're creativity". For me it's a hobby and calms me at the same time it's fun! Thoughts?

Posted on: 2014/1/21 11:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017