Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Letters: McCann: Healy was not wise

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:06
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
I can't take anything McCann says seriously. Of course he'll write an anti cop piece . . .he is a convicted felon who threatened a judge.

The man was a felon and ran for school board. You don't even need to go to the rumors of coke, poop on the desk, etc. Just that alone is enough that he should be banned from Hudson County.

That said I wish their were more politicians like him . . . . .

. . . . convicted felons!

Posted on: 2014/1/15 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
McCann lecturing anyone on their personal judgements is mildly humorous. I know one person who worked for him while he was mayor. The stories that became public are only the tip of the iceberg of the shenanigans that he was up to.

Don't people like him ever just go away?

Yes, but he has some valid points.

Posted on: 2014/1/15 6:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

No, they just go work for the incinerator authority.

Posted on: 2014/1/15 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
McCann lecturing anyone on their personal judgements is mildly humorous. I know one person who worked for him while he was mayor. The stories that became public are only the tip of the iceberg of the shenanigans that he was up to.

Posted on: 2014/1/14 14:45

Letters: McCann: Healy was not wise
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Letters: McCann: Healy was not wise

By Letters to the Editor/The Jersey Journal
January 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM

It is very easy for former Chief Troy to oversee the world of government in Jersey City. The simple solution to him is to spend more money on police and everything will be fine. The fact is, Mr. Troy, crime statistics for Jersey City are created by the Jersey City Police Department, not by the FBI. They only report what Jersey City sends them. You want to lower the crime rate, ignore reporting of crimes or downgrade the crime. You want to increase the crime rate, charge the offender with far more multiple crimes than the prosecutor can even charge the person. All charges that are dismissed by the court and/or the prosecutor still end up in the crime statistics. The police are given four hours of overtime every time they appear in court, even though their time there is almost always less than one hour. The overtime dollars are tremendous during the time of large numbers of police.

Very, very rare is the occasion when police prevent crime. Police respond to crime incidents. A criminal does not commit their crime in front of the police, so police patrols only shift the location of the crime. The economy more than anything else helps prevent crime. When people are working there is less crime. Educating children to the problem of drug abuse and keeping young children occupied in organized recreation and after school programs make much more sense. It is far less expensive in the long run to fight crime that way than to hire more police. The interesting fact you did state is that when I was mayor there were over 1,200 police officers. During my tenure, I rarely hired police officers because like Mayors Cucci, Cunningham and Schundler, we viewed other areas of crime prevention more important than crime responding.

During the year 2012, there were zero deaths by terrorism and I believe that will hold up also in 2013 in the United States. In fact, since Sept. 11, the incidents of death by terrorism are very, very little, yet we spend billions and billions of dollars every year in the United States because the government has spent billions and billions of dollars telling us that the terrorists are coming. There is no doubt that we should be diligent, but at what expense? The number one goal of almost every prosecutor in government is to get another job. Even they are tired of their jobs. The police find more and more ways to get out of work. The police union -- because of Mayor Healy being asleep at the wheel -- increased every police officers' time off by 14 days without even knowing it. To put Mayor Healy as a person of wisdom is an embarrassment to yourself.

FORMER MAYOR GERALD McCANN

JERSEY CITY

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... s_not_w.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/1/14 6:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact