Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Christie: Have I ever been angry with Steve Fulop? 'You bet I have' but ...

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/13 2:21
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Sean Thomas, Chairman of The Jersey City Democratic Organization Sold His Soul to the Devil. He sat down with Gaughan, I mean Craig Guy, and agreed to Endorse Healy, I mean Tom Degise for Hudson County Executive.. In Exchange Sean got a County Job on top of his $60,000 City Job and he is trying to deal out other County Jobs to Committee people and Community Activists. I wonder if Mayor Fulop is in the loop and Bill O'dea can't be Happy with Sean.

Posted on: 2014/2/11 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Didn't Obama support Healey? Face it, only Essex and Hudson counties didn't support Christie in blue NJ, and he had great support from women, minorities, and Democrats statewide.

That ship has sailed. Chistie's "Democrat Party" support has plummeted. Would you like to see the poll again? Ya see, you're not supposed to show your true colors until your in the White House. Does Christie have a Checkers speech in him? Gee, I sure hope so...

Posted on: 2014/2/10 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Didn't Obama support Healey? Face it, only Essex and Hudson counties didn't support Christie in blue NJ, and he had great support from women, minorities, and Democrats statewide.

That was true but no longer. He just was getting booed at the Super Bowl events. This bridge scandal has really beaten him down.

Posted on: 2014/2/10 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/10 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop: It's easier to get a meeting with President Obama than with Christie and state honchos

By The Jersey Journal
on February 09, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Resized Image

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop tells The Auditor in today's Star-Ledger that it's easier for him to get an audience with President Obama and members of the cabinet than it is to get a meeting with Gov. Chris Christie and high-level officials in his administration.

After Bridge-gate exploded, Fulop divulged that after he informed the Republican governor's office that he was going to stay true to his Democratic colors and endorse Barbara Buono for governor, cabinet members in the governor's administration promptly canceled meetings with him.

Fulop has since met with three federal cabinet secretaries -- Kathleen Sebelius of the Department of Health and Human Services, Thomas Perez of the Department of Labor, and Anthony Foxx of the Department of Transportation.

"(Christie) said I'm hard to get along with," Fulop told The Auditor. "I think it's more a difference in his style of politics ... It's been easier for us to deal with the president and the president's staff."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... honchos.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/2/9 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Christie plays nice with Stack in UC because he wanted the Hispanic vote. Same thing with the Harrison mayor.

JC has exactly who Christie and Republicans know won't vote for them: the city is 25% black, 25% Asian (voted for Obama in numbers in line with Hispanics), a huge gay community, and a lot of upper-middle class white people with advanced degrees who happen to also be urban- an overwhelmingly liberal constituency.

Another investigation needs to be done into the Port Authority. 3M to a place where they don't operate, how about even 1M so the PATH doesn't run 35 minutes apart at night?

When it comes to constituencies not important to national Republicans, or not part of the Norcross South Jersey machine, Christie tells you to pound sand.

It's no coincidence that he has actively punished nearly every major liberal city in the state, and taken stabs at Rutgers and other liberal bastions.

Posted on: 2014/1/17 18:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/18 2:12
From Beautiful Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Rachel Maddow - 20 Minutes on Mayor Steve Fulop:

Posted on: 2014/1/17 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
The right thing would be not to withhold federal Sandy funds from taxpayers because of political games.

From New York Times article:

"The mayor of Union City, another Democratic endorser, got an increase in state aid when bigger cities were being cut off, and $3 million in Port Authority money even though the authority does not operate there."

This just sounds wrong

It doesn't just sound wrong, it is wrong. We're living in a state run by a child. This is the type of crap you see in grade school playgrounds. (Interestingly, you saw it with Pres. G. W. Bush and his federal anti-terrorist aid and how NY and NJ got less than states like Wisconsin. Maybe it's a Republican thing...)

If you want support, you take actions to gain that support. It really isn't a hard concept to understand.

Posted on: 2014/1/16 14:44
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
The right thing would be not to withhold federal Sandy funds from taxpayers because of political games.

From New York Times article:

"The mayor of Union City, another Democratic endorser, got an increase in state aid when bigger cities were being cut off, and $3 million in Port Authority money even though the authority does not operate there."

This just sounds wrong

Posted on: 2014/1/16 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Bridge controversy expands into new areas for Gov. Chris Christie in New Jersey

By Robert Costa, Matea Gold and Carol D. Leonnig
The Washington Post

Meanwhile, Christie aides contended Monday with a new charge of political payback after Jersey City released e-mails and text messages in response to a public-records request from the Jersey Journal.

The documents show that Christie?s staff initially made friendly overtures to Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop when he was elected in May, arranging a day of meetings for him with top state officials. The meetings were then canceled, around the time Christie aides apparently learned that Fulop was not going to endorse the governor for reelection.

A spokeswoman for Fulop said Christie officials have not responded to multiple requests to reschedule. When asked about the emerging allegations at a news conference last week, Christie acknowledged conflicts with Fulop but said his administration was assisting Jersey City in several areas.

?I don?t know about specific meetings or what?s going on, but certainly, you know, I will look into all those things,? Christie said. ?But the fact is that what Mayor Fulop knows is, when we agree with him from a policy perspective we?ll work with him. When we disagree with him, we?ll express those disagreements. And sometimes that?ll mean friction.?

Christie spokesman Colin Reed said in a statement Monday that the governor?s office ?has and continues to work with Jersey City officials on numerous issues, including taking criminals off the streets, Sandy recovery aid and improving local roads.?

?Mayor Fulop?s words and actions must be viewed through the lens of partisan politics and his attempt to advance his own personal agenda,? Reed said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politic ... 6-4a4bf7bcbd84_story.html

Posted on: 2014/1/16 2:18

Re: Fulop on Christie emails
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop would be wise to document every meeting or interaction with ANYONE via an email, letter, memo, minutes of meetings (phone conversations especially) or recorded dialog - Politicians and Public Servants are renown to be dishonest or love to the play the word game to avoid accountability or honesty when siht hits the fan with their actions

Posted on: 2014/1/15 20:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
it's partisan politics with fulop all the time. if fulop had been willing to do the right thing and endorse christie, then christie would have magnanimously made it rain for dtjc

I can't tell if you're serious or if this is tongue in cheek.

Posted on: 2014/1/15 20:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/15 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
it's partisan politics with fulop all the time. if fulop had been willing to do the right thing and endorse christie, then christie would have magnanimously made it rain for dtjc

Posted on: 2014/1/15 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Total side note - the narrator of this video needs to blow their nose. Holy crap man!

Posted on: 2014/1/15 16:58

Fulop on Christie emails
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 7:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/15 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Christie's office accuses Jersey City mayor of 'partisan politics'

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
on January 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM

The feud between Gov. Chris Christie and Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop kicked into higher gear today, with a Christie spokesman accusing the mayor of engaging in ?partisan politics.?

Colin Reed, a Christie spokesman, today blasted Fulop, hours after the mayor released emails and text messages that back up the mayor?s contention that state officials canceled a series of meetings it set up with Fulop last July.

Fulop, a Democrat, says the meetings were canceled because he told Christie?s allies he wouldn?t be endorsing the Republican governor?s reelection bid.

Read more from the Jersey Journal

Posted on: 2014/1/14 7:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/13 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
So NOW the New York Times is interested in JC.

Posted on: 2014/1/13 18:08
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
The New York Times on possible Christie reprisal against Fulop & Jersey City:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/14/nyr ... nt-documents-show.html?hp

Posted on: 2014/1/13 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, thank you for your observation. I've never been to a council meeting and it's nice to know that some people are still gentlemen, even though we may not always agree with their policies.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have been attending council meetings for a long time. It is somewhat standard practice for politicians to practice revenge. However, some mayors do have common sense. While I did not agree with their policies, former Mayor Cucci and even Healy did not dabble in revenge. I was even surprised how Healy was generous especially at public events especially with Fulop. I do not like how Mayor Fulop treats Councilman Boggiano.

Posted on: 2014/1/13 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I have been attending council meetings for a long time. It is somewhat standard practice for politicians to practice revenge. However, some mayors do have common sense. While I did not agree with their policies, former Mayor Cucci and even Healy did not dabble in revenge. I was even surprised how Healy was generous especially at public events especially with Fulop. I do not like how Mayor Fulop treats Councilman Boggiano.

Posted on: 2014/1/13 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for sharing this info bjay :)
I hate this whole retribution thing. I suppose all the PATH failures/delays can be part of the retribution thing. Why are JC residents penalized for this?

I hope with the whole christie-gate thing, that there will be more transparency and a level playing field.

Quote:

bjay wrote:
Today the Wall Street Journal published the emails about Christie's commissioners abruptly canceling their meetings with Mayor Fulop last summer. Smells like retribution for the non-endorsement.

Link to the emails here.

Posted on: 2014/1/13 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/25 21:48
From Van Vorst Park area
Group:
Registered Users
Today the Wall Street Journal published the emails about Christie's commissioners abruptly canceling their meetings with Mayor Fulop last summer. Smells like retribution for the non-endorsement.

Link to the emails here.

Posted on: 2014/1/13 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

luvHomeMyJC wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Why can't someone create some honest robots to govern things?

I fully get the frustration and the sentiment but "honest" and "robots" can't go together. Robots will only do what they are programmed to do so the "honesty" will depend on the corporation that defines the "honesty". Kindof like right now ... only the corporations control DC and developers control local city halls. So in a way we do have robots with a facade of - we the people, of the people, for the people.

As in every tale the almighty fairy godmother says - be careful what you wish for :)

Sadly you are correct.

Sometimes politics reminds me of that scene in the first Matrix movie where Agent Smith explains that in the original Matrix, everything was ideal and people all lived comfortable lives free of drama. Then people subconsciously rejected their "reality" because things were too "perfect" and the Matrix fell apart.

They then created a new Matrix full of corruption and problems, and people happily accepted it, as it was "real."

Posted on: 2014/1/10 2:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/27 14:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Why can't someone create some honest robots to govern things?

I fully get the frustration and the sentiment but "honest" and "robots" can't go together. Robots will only do what they are programmed to do so the "honesty" will depend on the corporation that defines the "honesty". Kindof like right now ... only the corporations control DC and developers control local city halls. So in a way we do have robots with a facade of - we the people, of the people, for the people.

As in every tale the almighty fairy godmother says - be careful what you wish for :)

Posted on: 2014/1/10 2:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/27 14:10
Group:
Registered Users
Or a better approach would be put TERM limits of 2 terms just like the office of the US President on every elected political office. Same people in the same office for years and what happens? eventually nothing and who ends up getting to foot the bill - we the people. Look at our city and school budgets and tell me are we getting what we pay for?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Read the news lately about Democrats Sweeney and Fulop lately? Democrat vs Republican, or Republican vs Democrat-somewhat expected.

Democrat vs Democrat calling each other out? Truly pathetic. And on the sideline is Christie, who has already backed Fulop on this issue. Sorta, kinda takes the wind out of Fulop's anti-Christie screed, no?

I think pretty much all politicians are pathetic, at every level and on each party. Why can't someone create some honest robots to govern things?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Comedian John Moses said it best:
"Some people think that this lane closure in Fort Lee was a petty vendetta that just dashed Christie's presidential bid. It's just the opposite. This is just the type of thing Republicans demand of their candidates or did you forget about that little government shutdown thing?"

Sarcastic? yes. Probably true!

If that is true, then Republicans must be the most pathetic people on earth.

Read the news lately about Democrats Sweeney and Fulop lately? Democrat vs Republican, or Republican vs Democrat-somewhat expected.

Democrat vs Democrat calling each other out? Truly pathetic. And on the sideline is Christie, who has already backed Fulop on this issue. Sorta, kinda takes the wind out of Fulop's anti-Christie screed, no?

Posted on: 2014/1/10 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A Jersey City mayor complaining about Hudson County-like politics is pretty amusing, no?

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:06

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017