Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 10 N.J. towns with the highest number of heroin, opiate abuse cases
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I posted this for one reason, to show how filthy and dirty the city looks to outsiders. We are number 2 on the list, I know that JC is trying re-brand itself as this new and improve city, really? Ok I to want raise a family with Heroin everywhere, that's right EVERYWHERE.

I see we have my usual fans who like to point fingers at the inner city dealers or the suburban buyer, or this part of town or that part of town. Another day... another man with over sized ba!!s in beige pants living in denial.

As a resident of this city I feel its a city problem and needs to be dealt with swiftly. No amount of branding is going to make us look good with homeless junkies roaming around your properties looking for their next fix.

Jersey City has a real problem right behind Newark and that is who folks will compare us with, and not Park Slope or whatever fantasy place you want to live.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

I've never seen any stats to back it up, have any of you?

I did in the study I mentioned, which focused on the South Bronx. I have never been able to find a copy online. I lost my hard copy years ago.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Substance abuse is eventually a self-correcting problem. Back in the later 18th century, it was not uncommon for a good portion of the population to be sloshed by noon time. The problem was corrected in a small part by a budding temperance movement (putting fear into younger people to even try the stuff).

The larger part of the correction was simple Darwinism. The drunkards at one point or another dropped dead. Crack-cocaine also burned itself out** as it killed off its users.

** Back in the later 90's, there was a serious study done tracking crime and drug abuse problems. Huge spikes in drug crime were followed by a sudden drop off. The study found out the reason was that the criminal class were dead or in prison serving near life sentences. The writers of the study referred to the above as "The Self-Cleaning Oven Effect".

I've always suspected that HIV accelerated this process by adding another cause of death to ODing and violence. I can't be the only one living in DTJC in the 90s who didn't see several of the 20-something punks just wither away and then disappear. Just an observation, I've never seen any stats to back it up, have any of you?

Posted on: 2014/1/30 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Substance abuse is eventually a self-correcting problem. Back in the later 18th century, it was not uncommon for a good portion of the population to be sloshed by noon time. The problem was corrected in a small part by a budding temperance movement (putting fear into younger people to even try the stuff).

The larger part of the correction was simple Darwinism. The drunkards at one point or another dropped dead. Crack-cocaine also burned itself out** as it killed off its users.

** Back in the later 90's, there was a serious study done tracking crime and drug abuse problems. Huge spikes in drug crime were followed by a sudden drop off. The study found out the reason was that the criminal class were dead or in prison serving near life sentences. The writers of the study referred to the above as "The Self-Cleaning Oven Effect".

Posted on: 2014/1/30 13:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Yep, and people in finance, law and other white collar professions never have incredibly serious cocaine habits.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
The up-and-coming transit city remains plagued by what?s made it infamous: crime and drugs. Jersey City had 1,127 reported cases of heroin abuse in 2012. In August 2013, Jersey City police arrested a 15-year-old boy and seized 59 bags of suspected heroin after doing surveillance on Van Nostrand Avenue because of numerous complaints of drug trafficking in the area, according to the Jersey Journal.

Full List

REPEAT AFTER ME, THERE IS NO CRIME OR DRUG PROBLEM IN ALL SECTIONS OF JERSEY CITY. THERE IS A HUGE DRUG AND CRIME PROBLEM IN WHERE?

Hey does somewhere know where Van Nostrand Avenue is? Does anyone know where 99% of the 2013 JC homicides occurred?

Posted on: 2014/1/30 5:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This would also relate to the high drug related crime in our city. Lets hope O'Shea notes this (which I'm sure he is) and targets dealers, manufacturers and the end users that cause the related crimes. Bring in zero tolerance to drug related crimes.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 4:18
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
I've always understood Paterson to be a huge hub for heroin trafficking.

Posted on: 2014/1/29 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The up-and-coming transit city remains plagued by what?s made it infamous: crime and drugs. Jersey City had 1,127 reported cases of heroin abuse in 2012. In August 2013, Jersey City police arrested a 15-year-old boy and seized 59 bags of suspected heroin after doing surveillance on Van Nostrand Avenue because of numerous complaints of drug trafficking in the area, according to the Jersey Journal.

Full List

Posted on: 2014/1/29 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
http://www.nj.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... ey_homicide_map_2013.html

First 15 homicides in JC in 2013. Zoom into JC and please tell me again if ALL OF JC shares in the blame.

Again, again, again, the article in the OP is referencing drug use, so why are you referencing homicides?

Posted on: 2014/1/2 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... ey_homicide_map_2013.html

First 15 homicides in JC in 2013. Zoom into JC and please tell me again if ALL OF JC shares in the blame.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, that article is a bit misleading. I know that Ocean County - Toms River - is reaching epidemic levels of young people ODing on heroin... it is now cheaper there than a beer or cigarettes... so the kids are turning to it... and dying!

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This was in 2002 but unless things have gotten incredibly bad in DTJC or incredibly good in GV and BL (not shown from the stats), I see no way DTJC has caught up:

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... s?instance=search_results

Quote:
"Last fall, the police department began a comprehensive effort to take back our neighborhoods," said Cunningham, referring to the Sustained Anti Drug Initiative, which targeted high crime areas throughout Jersey City. Cunningham said the results were 2,950 drug arrests, including the finding of 6,660 bags of heroine and 27 handguns, in the last year.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... espite-citywide-decrease/

Quote:
?We apply more assets to that area (and Greenville) than other areas,? says Police Chief Tom Comey. ?For example, take 101 Hudson (in Downtown Jersey City, a generally safe area) ? there?s no benefit of having a narcotics unit assigned there. That would be a misuse of funds. We?re putting anti-drug units into areas where the drugs are embedded. We gather intelligence in the neighborhoods and put additional units there almost on a continuous basis.?

All of you guys can believe what you want. Say that all areas of JC are the same for all I care. Everyone knows drug use, drug trade, violent crime are not problems of DTJC but are problems of the areas known for them - Greenville and BL. In fact go ahead and say that The Beacon and 77 Hudson are the same. Minus well just say that Greenville is a better place to live than Manhattan. Go crazy

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Umm waaay to change the subject. I said the majority of drug SELLING AND USAGE is within Greenville and BL and you in turn say white people use drugs??

I don't want to talk about race and you keep baiting me into it...all I'm saying is the majority of crime is in Greenville and BL - drug and homicide crime. I have stats to prove that and you don't. Only a fool would say that "every ward sells drugs and is equal in blame"

This article was about drug usage, not drug trade, so you're the one shifting the goal posts here.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... of_jersey_city_build.html

Didn't know that 445 bergen ave was in dtjc...

Didn't know that posting one incident of a drug arrest would disprove my point. Again, the article in the original post was about drug use, not drug trade.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Umm waaay to change the subject. I said the majority of drug SELLING AND USAGE is within Greenville and BL and you in turn say white people use drugs??

I don't want to talk about race and you keep baiting me into it...all I'm saying is the majority of crime is in Greenville and BL - drug and homicide crime. I have stats to prove that and you don't. Only a fool would say that "every ward sells drugs and is equal in blame"

This article was about drug usage, not drug trade, so you're the one shifting the goal posts here.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... of_jersey_city_build.html

Didn't know that 445 bergen ave was in dtjc...

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Did someone say something? I thought not.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/1/2 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/2 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I think we made the list because we have dealers in every ward selling it.

rofl. Yes, I see many drug dealers at Newport Green and Hamilton Park. FYI - Those moms hide heroin in the strollers.

As much as you would like to put DTJC in the same boat as Greenville, can I remind you that that almost all homicides occur in either Greenville or BL. End of story

Yup, everyone knows rich people don't use drugs! lulz

Posted on: 2014/1/2 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I think we made the list because we have dealers in every ward selling it.

rofl. Yes, I see many drug dealers at Newport Green and Hamilton Park. FYI - Those moms hide heroin in the strollers.

As much as you would like to put DTJC in the same boat as Greenville, can I remind you that that almost all homicides occur in either Greenville or BL. End of story

Posted on: 2014/1/2 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
For Example.

A New York City couple was arrested in Jersey City and charged with endangering the welfare of a 1-year-old girl and being under the influence of narcotics after they were spotted swaying as they pushing the child in a stroller, officials said.

Bridget Connelly-Cochari, 33, and Leory S. Williams, 42, were arrested at 3:48 p.m. near the Pavonia-Newport PATH Station Friday, a police report says. Connelly-Cochari was also charged with spitting bodily fluids at a police officer, the report says, adding that Williams was also charged with possession of hypodermic syringes and possession of marijuana.

When police approached the pair they appeared intoxicated, their speech was slurred and a search revealed Williams had syringes and a suspected marijuana ?Blunt,? the report says.

While in a police holding cell, Connelly-Cochari complained that her handcuff was tight but when an officer entered to check, Connelly=Cochari yelled a racial slur at the officer and spat at the officer as she walked away, the report says. Officers then handcuffed both of Connnelly-Cochari?s hands to the holding cell bench and she began kicking and screaming and was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center, the report says..

Both defendants made their first court appearance on the charges in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City today via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny. There is a warrant for Connelly-Cochari's arrest on a violation of parole for allegedly leaving a drug rehab program, court officials said.

In CJP, the judge noted that Williams was charged with robbery in 2009 and was later sentenced to three years probation and 100 hours of community service. Both defendants' bails were to be set later in Superior Court.

It is not clear, based on the redacted police report, if the state Department of Children and Families was notified, nor who took custody of the child.

JJ

Posted on: 2014/1/2 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Newark is the largest city in NJ, with 227k residents. Jersey City is #2 at 247k. Paterson is #3 with 146k.

A few cities indicate much higher rates, e.g. Atlantic City is #4 on the heroin incident list, and #55 in population.

This guide is partly misleading, because it's using absolute numbers. We really need to see incident / arrest rates to determine how these cities actually compare to one another.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Surprising due to the low income status of these cities. Illegal medicine ain't cheap.

Being a resident of Greenville who lives near a lightrail station this drug is not being consumed by its residents from my visuals. 80% of these folks are white who come to the Richard street stop and get off and 10 min later get back on the train while nodding like a hot mess. We have talk to the police captain about it at our last meeting.

I must admit there are less junkies getting off and on the train (Thanks JCPD) . I think many folks are from suburbs and neighboring towns like BAYONNE. If you click on the link to the story some of the most conservatives towns have also made the list. I think we made the list because we have dealers in every ward selling it.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Psst...Vindication....User1111 lives there...Shhhhhhhh....

Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
While abuse of heroin and opiates in New Jersey is skyrocketing, a deeper look at the numbers shows that the problem isn't specific to one area of the Garden State. The 10 towns with the highest number of reported heroin abuse cases represent eight counties across the state, according to a report from various local Patch sites.

The community with the highest number of reported cases of heroin and opiate abuse is Newark with 1,827 in 2012. Jersey City is No. 2 with 1,127 reported incidents, followed by Paterson with 871 cases.

Read More: JJ

Instead of JC, they should say Greenville, Jersey City

Posted on: 2014/1/2 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
While abuse of heroin and opiates in New Jersey is skyrocketing, a deeper look at the numbers shows that the problem isn't specific to one area of the Garden State. The 10 towns with the highest number of reported heroin abuse cases represent eight counties across the state, according to a report from various local Patch sites.

The community with the highest number of reported cases of heroin and opiate abuse is Newark with 1,827 in 2012. Jersey City is No. 2 with 1,127 reported incidents, followed by Paterson with 871 cases.

id?i?ot

noun informal
1. a stupid person.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Surprising due to the low income status of these cities. Illegal medicine ain't cheap.

Posted on: 2014/1/2 18:52
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/2 18:45

10 N.J. towns with the highest number of heroin, opiate abuse cases
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/2 18:32

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017