Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Del Forno - good faith deposit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCLiving wrote:
Just hope they do not manage the building you want to move into. They are the most unprofessional company I have ever experienced. It's one thing for a company not to solve your issue, its another thing for them to just flat out not respond to your calls or emails. They have a bunch of building from before this area was popular, zero customer service. The only time you will hear from them is if your rent check is late.

This. Your heat can stay out for 48 hours, but your rent damn well better not.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Trivia wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
JoeGee nailed this reply. If you put your check on hold and it's declined, well, you just lost your lease opportunity.

DelForno has been around a long time. Generally OK, but apartments that they also MANAGE (and sometimes own outright) have had TONS of renter complaints about repairs, etc. And they play hardball if you bitch. Personally, I'd work with another realtor...

From what I heard from my realtor as to why I could not see any Del Forno listings with them when I was looking around is that they do not post anything of theirs on the MLS. They get listings and hold on to them until you go to their office so that they don't ever have to split commission with any other office. That seems wrong to me, I would never list with them.

Most people would not. However if they have an agreement with the landlord they are legally allowed too given an exclusive listing agreement. Whether or not you are comfortable renting in a situation is a question that is left to be answered by the prospective tenant.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 20:19
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/12 13:54
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
JoeGee nailed this reply. If you put your check on hold and it's declined, well, you just lost your lease opportunity.

DelForno has been around a long time. Generally OK, but apartments that they also MANAGE (and sometimes own outright) have had TONS of renter complaints about repairs, etc. And they play hardball if you bitch. Personally, I'd work with another realtor...

From what I heard from my realtor as to why I could not see any Del Forno listings with them when I was looking around is that they do not post anything of theirs on the MLS. They get listings and hold on to them until you go to their office so that they don't ever have to split commission with any other office. That seems wrong to me, I would never list with them.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 16:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/31 3:44
Group:
Registered Users
Just hope they do not manage the building you want to move into. They are the most unprofessional company I have ever experienced. It's one thing for a company not to solve your issue, its another thing for them to just flat out not respond to your calls or emails. They have a bunch of building from before this area was popular, zero customer service. The only time you will hear from them is if your rent check is late.

Posted on: 2013/12/31 3:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Worst realtor I've ever worked with. But considering your unwavering interest in living in a place that's sure to flood, I don't feel bad for you.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/30 20:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/12 13:54
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I am about to make an offer on an apartment that is listed through Del Forno. They are telling me that before they present the offer to the property owner, I need to leave a "good faith deposit" of one month's rent, as well as getting a credit report and filling out a rental agreement.

If you do give them a check, I would put it on hold with the bank until you have a signed agreement, also get it from them in writing either by letter or e-mail as to why you need to give them a deposit before they present the offer to the property holder. What happens to the money if the property owner does not accept, or if someone else swoops in?

Posted on: 2013/12/30 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is, all checks are always made to broker until second month. The amount should be 1 month rent, commision, plus up to 1.5 months security. They can not ask for more than 1.5 months security.(NJ Law). However check out this link below. Their feedback is not the greatest.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/delforno-real-estate-jersey-city?nb=1

The one that bothered me the most is the tenant that they charged commission to, to live in one of their own buildings.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Joe, so it's standard to make the check payable to the realtor?

Posted on: 2013/12/30 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is standard to have a credit check and to pay security and first months rent towards the broker. They will then pay the land lord upon the landlords acceptance. If the landlord declines your application they will not cash the check. This is standard with all brokers. Delforno has been around forever and I doubt they would want to compromise their license over a few thousand dollars.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 16:24

Del Forno - good faith deposit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys,

I've actually never rented through a realtor before, and now I am experiencing it for the first time.

I am about to make an offer on an apartment that is listed through Del Forno. They are telling me that before they present the offer to the property owner, I need to leave a "good faith deposit" of one month's rent, as well as getting a credit report and filling out a rental agreement.

Is this standard practice? I have never heard of such a thing. It seems very odd to write a check (to Del Forno no less) before I even know that the realtor will consider the offer.

I have heard not great things about Del Forno in general, but if this is standard practice I don't have a problem with putting down the deposit. It just seems fishy to me that this "good faith deposit" check needs to be made out to Del Forno, not the property owner.

Thoughts are much appreciated.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 16:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017