Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 34 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
The bridge issue is bad for Christie's administration but he's been better for this state than any Governor for a long time. Still has my support. Go Christie!!!

Posted on: 2014/1/9 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Non-stop coverage on MSNBC; Fox mentioned the story once during 3:00 PM show. What a country.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 2:37
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
My9 is calling it bridgegate. Bwahahaha

Posted on: 2014/1/9 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Hahaha suckers. Christie isn't going anywhere...

Definitely not going to the Whitehouse! Where will Christie go when his term is over? Fox News, most likely. And Jeb Bush is dancing a jig in FL.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
So are PATH "signal failures" really Christie sticking it to the people in Hudson and Essex county who didn't vote for him?

"It could be a number of things," said a Port Authority employee, who asked not to be identified discussing the bi-state agency. "Unless someone died or someone gets shot, they chalk it up to signal problems."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _to_signal_failure_1.html

Posted on: 2014/1/9 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
By the time the 2016 race begins, the 4 killed in Benghazi under Mrs. Clinton's watch will be a MUCH bigger deal than a few traffic jams under Christie's.

But I totally get how the looney left are getting stiffies and moist over this-enjoy your moment, because it won't last.

The looney left ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah but Obama, yeah but Clinton .. is that all you got ?

Christie is an arrogant vindictive man and those around him follow his lead.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
So are PATH "signal failures" really Christie sticking it to the people in Hudson and Essex county who didn't vote for him?

Posted on: 2014/1/9 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
This just keeps getting better. Wildstein is trying to get out of testifying tomorrow, because....

? He claims the subpoena wasn't "actually" signed by Wisniewski
? It's "unusual" for the legislature to issue investigative subpoenas
? Wisniewski allegedly has a conflict of interest with PA

http://www.businessinsider.com/chris- ... testimony-subpoena-2014-1

Posted on: 2014/1/9 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

"Hey Bridget, it sure would suck if someone closed down a few lanes in Forte Lee."

I Believe Donald Segretti Called it rat fucking.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 0:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
It's a traffic jam. We get those in NJ. Please.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 0:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Intriguing comment.

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

I just know you never get the top guy. There is always a fall guy.

Exactly right. Wouldn't it be great if just once someone next to the top guy broke ranks and actually gave the real story? Just once? That's not a comment on Christie - just in general.

Ironic, even.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Intriguing comment.

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Exactly right. Wouldn't it be great if just once someone next to the top guy broke ranks and actually gave the real story? Just once? That's not a comment on Christie - just in general.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 23:38
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Pebble, I KNOW Obama has nothing to do with the story. It's called drawing a comparison.

I'm making the comparison that one side says the other has a baseless claim based on circumstantial/inferential evidence, yet it's ok when they make the same type of accusations without solid facts.

Get it yet?

Yes, I get it. You're building a strawman. You have no defense for what Christie is doing so you act like other people are defending something that has absolutely zilch to do with this to score political points. As such, you use words like ?one side? and ?they? because you really don?t have an actual example of who ?they? are.

There are people out there that don?t play this game of which side pulled off whatever BS noise they pulled. There are people that can look at one situation and say, ?This is fracked up? without saying, ?Well, the other party does it too!?

Screw your need for noise. Christie is the governor and he?s the one that was this freaking petty. It?s obscene.

Quote:

Bogart wrote:
The wheels on the bus go round and round, right over Gov. Meatballs' staff:

Quote:
What I've seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions.

I find that to be an odd thing to say considering he has a guy following him around filming for YouTube clips of him acting like a bully. Maybe he is just a big fan of irony?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Hahaha suckers. Christie isn't going anywhere. The sacrificial lamb will be named and it will be business as usual.

Blip on the radar.

On this we agree.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
In fact, a pro Clinton group has been pushing this non story with little effect.

LOL! I guess this ?non-story? just became a little more of a story?
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
By the time the 2016 race begins, the 4 killed in Benghazi under Mrs. Clinton's watch will be a MUCH bigger deal than a few traffic jams under Christie's.

Both disavow involvement.

Of course, we haven't seen every email between Mrs. Clinton's staff, the embassy, US armed forces that may have saved lives over the 12 hour assault. Nor have we found out why she lied about the video.

What we do know, is that when Christie found out, he fired close friends from cushy, six figure income jobs, and will likely fire the gal apparently behind this.

Which will be three more people than Mrs. Clinton fired over the FATAL Benghazi attack and its coverup.

But I totally get how the looney left are getting stiffies and moist over this-enjoy your moment, because it won't last.

I guess now that it?s pretty much proven that your favorite person in the world really is this petty, the best you can do is constantly mention Clinton. I guess if it lets you sleep better at night?

Posted on: 2014/1/8 23:27
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Both disavow involvement.

Of course, we haven't seen every email between Mrs. Clinton's staff, the embassy, US armed forces that may have saved lives over the 12 hour assault. Nor have we found out why she lied about the video.

What we do know, is that when Christie found out, he fired close friends from cushy, six figure income jobs, and will likely fire the gal apparently behind this.

Which will be three more people than Mrs. Clinton fired over the FATAL Benghazi attack and its coverup.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Hear what I'm saying; he probably ordered it. Even if its proven, this wont do crap to him in the long run. You guys are so sad that you hang your hoes on this.

I'd be posses if its proven conclusively he ordered it. I'm not gullible, I just know you never get the top guy. There is always a fall guy.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Christie will get though this with his reputation only slightly tarnished. When he makes his bid 2016 the Tparty will be waiting for him with their daggers drawn.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think this will be that devastating to him. He's already released a statement I believe to the effect that overzealous employees were acting on their own accord and not at his directive. and people have short memories.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/a ... eatly-exaggerated/282918/

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Top Christie Staff Sought to Disrupt Traffic as Revenge

Newly released emails and text messages show that Gov. Chris Christie?s office was closely involved with lane closings on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge in September, and that officials closed the lanes as retribution against the Democratic mayor whose town was gridlocked as a result.

The growing scandal around the bridge threatens Mr. Christie at the moment he assumes an even larger position on the national stage, as chairman of the Republican Governors Association and a leading candidate for his party?s presidential nomination in 2016.

In the documents, obtained by The New York Times and other news outlets on Wednesday morning, Bridget Anne Kelly, a deputy chief of staff in Mr. Christie?s office, gave a signal to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to close the lanes about two weeks before the closings occurred.

RELATED COVERAGE

document Document: Emails Between Top Christie Aides and Port Authority OfficialsJAN. 8, 2014
David WildsteinClues but No Full Account of Order That Turned a New Jersey Town Into a Parking LotDEC. 9, 2013
The Manhattan side of the George Washington Bridge. Gov. Chris Christie said ?a mistake got made? when his appointees closed bridge access lanes.Christie Views Lane Closings on George Washington Bridge as OverblownDEC. 13, 2013
?Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,? she emailed David Wildstein, Mr. Christie?s close friend from high school, and one of his appointees at the Port Authority, which controls the bridge. Mr. Christie and some officials at Port Authority have said the closings were done as part of a traffic study, but they caused havoc for days, backing up traffic for hours.

Timeline of Events

Aug. 13, 2013
Bridget Anne Kelly, a deputy chief of staff to Gov. Chris Christie, emails David Wildstein, Mr. Christie?s close friend and appointee at the Port Authority, which controls the bridge. ?Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,? she wrote.

Mr. Christie?s handpicked chairman of the Port Authority, David Samson, was also involved in the closings, according to the emails, which describe his efforts to ?retaliate? against New York officials who had not been told of the changes and sought to ease the gridlock.

While the emails do not establish that the governor himself called for the lane closings, they do show his staff was intimately involved, contradicting Mr. Christie?s repeated avowals that no one in his office or campaign knew.

That conflicts with the governor?s carefully crafted reputation as the rare politician who will tell it like it is, even when the news is difficult. And the pettiness described in the emails flies against the image Mr. Christie?s aides have sought to craft for him, of a new kind of leader, above the partisan politics and small-mindedness of Washington.

After the emails were released, Mr. Christie canceled his one public event for the day, which had been billed as an announcement of progress in the recovery from Hurricane Sandy. He issued a statement in the late afternoon, saying he had been ?misled? and emphasizing he had no prior knowledge of the events.

?I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge,? Mr. Christie said.

?This type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it, because the people of New Jersey deserve better,? he added. ?This behavior is not representative of me or my administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions.?

The emails indicate that Mr. Christie?s staff and his associates at the Port Authority were closely aware of the political context. Mr. Christie was leaning on local Democratic officials to endorse his re-election bid so that he could then seek his party?s presidential nomination by arguing that he was the candidate who could attract bipartisan support in a blue state.

Mr. Christie won re-election in November by 22 points, and instantly became a leading candidate for his party?s presidential nomination by winning across many demographic groups. His campaign boasted that he had been endorsed by more than 50 local Democratic officials.
Resized Image

I'm generally a supporter of Christie, but this type of behavior cannot be tolerated by any elected official. They work for the people they represent, including the ones who didn't vote for or otherwise oppose them.
1358 COMMENTS LEAVE A COMMENT
But the documents released Wednesday further the perception of what Republicans as well as Democrats in New Jersey have long said about the governor: that he wields fear and favor to get what he wants, and lashes out at even the smallest perceived slights.

Read More: NYT

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Until I see something tying Chris Christie himself to the lane closures (not his 'office') it's all ado about nothing. Likely it was an overzealous staffer thinking she was doing her boss a solid.

Like the people in the PA that he forced to resign, he'll do the right thing and fire this woman as well.

That's what leaders do.

On the other hand, all the Christie haters better not get too gleeful about this, since Fulop's decision to blockade the trucks coming from the Port Authority ship terminal for 'safety reasons', while in a dispute over $400 million he says the PA owes Jersey City, appears eerily similar, causing similar traffic jams. Except that Fulop is tied directly to that himself. If the drive-by media is getting their panties all moist over Christie and cone-gate, then this would warrant similar attention, no?

Why would a staff member pull something like this without Christine knowing? Makes no sense.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/8 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Not everyone is as gullible as you to believe everything he says.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Hahaha suckers. Christie isn't going anywhere. The sacrificial lamb will be named and it will be business as usual.

Blip on the radar.

Quote:

Bogart wrote:

Quote:
What I've seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge. One thing is clear: this type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote: Christie isn't going anywhere.

Exactly.

I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Blip on the radar.

Quote:

Bogart wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2014/1/8 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Posted on: 2014/1/8 21:44
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Pebble, I KNOW Obama has nothing to do with the story. It's called drawing a comparison.

I'm making the comparison that one side says the other has a baseless claim based on circumstantial/inferential evidence, yet it's ok when they make the same type of accusations without solid facts.

Get it yet?

Posted on: 2014/1/8 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I don?t think this kills his aspirations for presidency, but it certainly doesn?t help. It really isn?t any surprise though. The guy has YouTube after YouTube videos of him bullying people and cursing them out.

Why wouldn?t he shut down Fort Lee? The pettiness fits in perfectly with his personality.

When it comes to children there were always those that were bullies. Then, you had the kids that cheered the bully on because they were weak on their own and probably had some daddy issues. This is what I see when it comes to Christie. He?s the bully and those that cheer him on either have daddy issues or some other severe insecurity issues.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I have 5 employees that work for me and they don't send emails on my behalf without me knowing about it. Lets not make excuses for a bully who's staff did a shitty thing. If he did not know what his staff was doing, what kind of leader is that? Not a very good one.

I guess than you'll be shredding Obama over IRSgate?

Or Mrs. Clinton over Benghazi??

Please don't be partisan.

Once again... What the frack does Obama or Clinton have to do with this story?

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Wait, where in this article, or any article, is there a definitive link to Christie? Note, if he is responsible, I will call for his head too. But, much like the clowns speculating about the Rutger kids death in the canal, there still is no direct link.

If all the lib-lefties on here think this is a link, then it's just as valid to connect Barry Obama to all of his scandals (NSA, IRS, Benghazi), to which all of you say there is no direct link (even though Obama is, ultimately, in charge).

That's not off-topic, that's a direct comparison of how most of you refuse to see the obvious unless it tells your narrative.

Like I said, if Christie directly ordered this, then screw him. But, until that proof comes out, let's take the speculation down a notch.

Fact: Obama has nothing to do with this story.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 21:19
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Business Insider has joined the dogpile: "What The Heck Were Chris Christie's People Thinking With This Bridge Nonsense?"

http://www.businessinsider.com/chris- ... tie-bridge-scandal-2014-1

Posted on: 2014/1/8 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wow I love the comments...

"I never really took Christie as a serious contender for any office outside of New Jersey. His state might have a fetish for him but outside of there not much plays to his character."

HA!!!

Posted on: 2014/1/8 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/8 20:28