Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 ... 37 38 39 (40) 41 »


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#33
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
I got into this "debate" originally to express my view on Christie, which is "He is not going to survive the GOP primaries and even if he miraculously does survive and gets to be the nominee, because of the things he had to do to please the GOP base, he will not win the general election."

To add to this original prediction, I will also predict that at some point in the campaign, Christie will lose his temper and the media will criticize "Is Christie Presidential?"

I personally like the fact that he is a straight talker. But what works in NJ does not work nationally.



Posted on: 2013/12/16 12:10
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You're just repeating the defensive meme that liberal groups were also targeted by the IRS, without mentioning how the overwhelming numbers denied were conservative groups.


I thought that all but one conservative groups were in the end granted the 501(c) status? I do admit that I do not have the exact number. If you say that overwhelming numbers (of conservative groups were indeed) denied (the tax exempt status), I don't have the clear fact to argue against it.

But to get this status, a group must be primarily to promote social welfare. So in my opinion, IRS was doing its job and has nothing to do with Obama. So to me it doesn't raise a red flag even if overwhelmingly conservative groups were scrutinized than progressive groups based on some words in their names. That's wrong of IRS strategy (They were just trying to do their job efficiently), and Obama has nothing to do with it. Darrell Issa is GOP's attack dog, and he has already lost credibility on pretty much everything. If you think this is some big Obama conspiracy, why don't you keep pursuing it? I have not seen any credible evidence that Obama orchestrated this. But I would be interested in examining credible evidence if there were any.

Quote:

As for Obamacare, just look at how the overwhelmingly majority of Americans feel about it.


The law has been unpopular; you are correct on this one. But this loony left believes that once people realize its benefits, popularity will rise (look at Social Security and Medicare; the same thing!).

I personally like Obamacare though.... although I do prefer single payer system (Some people on the left are not happy with it because Obamacare does not go far enough).

If you oppose it, why don't you support a candidate who is committed to repeal it? You (assuming you are an American citizen) can do that, right? I can't (I'm not a citizen).

And because I have health insurance through my employer, Obamacare really affects me little at this time. But it gives me a peace of mind that I can always get coverage even if I lose my job (or had a pre-existing condition).

Quote:

Why has Boehner put his staff on it, and Harry Reid exempted some of his-after saying he wouldn't. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.


Not sure how to respond to this one. Obamacare was supposed to be for people who don't have insurance through employment. People in Congress already had insurance through their employer: the government. So it puzzled me why politicians had to give this up and get a health insurance through Obamacare.

So what part of Obamacare specifically do you oppose? Are you personally negatively affected by it?

Posted on: 2013/12/16 11:58
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
You're just repeating the defensive meme that liberal groups were also targeted by the IRS, without mentioning how the overwhelming numbers denied were conservative groups.

Because when the filters used by the IRS were looking for words like 'patriot' it's clear how it was partisan based against centrists and conservatives.

As for Obamacare, just look at how the overwhelmingly majority of Americans feel about it.

Why has Boehner put his staff on it, and Harry Reid exempted some of his-after saying he wouldn't. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 11:23
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You're great at quoting, but you're making stuff up. Just to debunk your 'debunking', the IRS targeted conservative groups-and Jay Carney apologized for doing it. As Obama apologized for lying to the public about his 'signature' program.


Obviously, we don't have the same facts, and I can't convince you. So I'm just going to state this again: IRS targeted both conservative and progressive groups.

I would characterize Obama's "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" as mis-leading. I'm unhappy that he said it in this way but quite different from your reaction. I'm not happy because he didn't take more combative tone, like "Listen folks, the insurance polices that are cancelled under Obamacare are substandard, garbage policies that do not cover anything. If you like these policy, that's because you have been misled by insurance companies. You would be better off with a new policy you can buy under Obamacare."

Quote:

And you're ok with someone on the looney left talking about crapping and peeing in a woman's mouth because she's a public person?


YES.

Quote:

As if someone on the right saying the same thing about a public woman-say, the First Lady-you'd be ok with that? You'd be fine with that? Or maybe suggesting she should be strung up? Fine by you?


YES, I would be absolutely fine with that. For example, I have no problem YOU saying that. It's only not cool if a journalist or public official making comments like that. The same rule does not apply to normal folks like you and me.

But at the same time, I do acknowledge that it is more difficult to say nasty things about Obama without sounding racist. But I'm sure you can manage that.

Quote:

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'd be disgusted at such hateful and harmful words. Apparently we differ.


That's fine that you find this disgusting. I don't. Yes, we differ.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 11:08
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
You're great at quoting, but you're making stuff up. Just to debunk your 'debunking', the IRS targeted conservative groups-and Jay Carney apologized for doing it. As Obama apologized for lying to the public about his 'signature' program.

And you're ok with someone on the looney left talking about crapping and peeing in a woman's mouth because she's a public person?

As if someone on the right saying the same thing about a public woman-say, the First Lady-you'd be ok with that? You'd be fine with that? Or maybe suggesting she should be strung up? Fine by you?

I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'd be disgusted at such hateful and harmful words. Apparently we differ.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 10:43
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Poor atsushi. Don't you know Christie is in favor of granting in-state tuition to all residents, legal or illegal, but like the vast majority of NJ residents he opposes giving them grant money? And you must be really annoyed at Obama, whose level of deporting illegal aliens is epic in numbers. How do you feel about that?


These are some of the reasons why I don't think Christie is going to survive the GOP primaries.

Yes, there are a few things I'm not happy with Obama. For example, use of drones, NSA policies, to name a couple. But overall, I give Obama 4.5 out of 5 (you can disagree, of course).

Quote:

The Democratic war on women (just how loud were the voices from the left commenting on the misogynistic and utterly disgusting Bashir talking about shitting and peeing in a woman's mouth? And you're complaining about Christie? Did Mrs. Clinton call out for MSNBC to fire Bashir?


Don't forget Bob Filner, Anthony Weiner and John Edwards. But they are personal failures; not misogynistic policies of GOP. I don't think we need to argue which party is anti women. We can see which party women tend to vote for. We don't have to dig too deep to see women tend to vote for Democrat...despite these bad examples listed above. That's because GOP policies are anti-women.

Bashir shouldn't have used that kind of language because he is a journalist. That's the job of regular folks, like you and I or of comedians.

And Sarah Palin is a public figure. We can make fun of her all we want. We as regular folks can employ any language to put her down. That's what the freedom of speech is for. So you can make fun of Hilary Clinton, and that's perfectly fine with me.


Quote:

And Christie ordered the closing of the local lanes to the bridge? Was that reported somewhere, outside of a looney left wet dream that is turning into a Democratic circle jerk?


This first appeared total ridiculous, as Christie had put it himself. I do not know how this is going to play out, but *IF* this connects Christie, it's not going to help him for his national ambition. It's going to hurt him--enough to kill his presidential candidacy? I don't know.

But when Romney asked Christie if he would be interested in being his running mate, his campaign asked Christie for full disclosure, and I heard that Christie was unable to give it. So Romney decided not to pick Christie because he would be more a liability. I do not know how much of this is exactly how it played out.

I am interested in learning what kind of ugly stuff would come out if Christie does run. Imagine the kind of scrutiny. Whatever is going with this lane closure would be nothing in comparison if he is a Presidential candidate. For example, some questionable things he conducted when he was an attorney general (for example, abusing his authority to walk away from a car accident).

I can't speak for other loony left, but I am looking forward to seeing him run. And what kind of crazy things he would have to do to please the GOP base. And if he miraculously wins the nomination, those crazy things will prevent him from wining the general election.

Again, I do not believe he will survive the GOP primaries, but if he does, he would be a very lame candidate as Romney was.

[/quote]

Quote:

I'll bet you thought when Obama said he didn't know about a) the IRS targeting of conservative groups,


This has already been debunked (progressive groups also received extra scrutiny).

Quote:

b) the phone tapping of foreign leaders,


The U.S. government has always spied on foreign leaders. Obama did not start this. I as a looney left am unhappy, but blaming Obama is missing the point.

Quote:

c) Eric Holder's Fast and Furious,


Yes, I am very unhappy about this one.

Quote:

d) the re-engineering of the unemployment numbers just before the election you believed him.


Just like IRS, this has already been debunked.

Quote:

But when Governor Christie says the same thing you feel differently, lol? Oops, partisan politics again.


I don't think I ever claim that I'm not partisan. I am. I don't view the conflict between DEM and GOP as liberal/progressive vs. conservative. I view this as good vs. evil.

So yes, if Christie says the same thing, I would probably feel differently (because I don't view him as a good person). That's not an accusation, okay? It's just my personal opinion.

Quote:

And for whoever commented upon Governor Christie's, er, manhood-do you feel it would be ok to comment on Mrs. Clintons backside, now that Christie's is smaller than hers?


Again, they are public figures. It's absolutely okay to make fun of their weight, backside or hairstyle, whatever.

Quote:

Or Obama's ears flapping about? Or is insulting someone ok only when directed to a Republican (see Governor Palin above). (Hint, the answer by the looney left is no to my first and second questions, and yes to the second).


I am indeed unhappy about Obama not being more combative against what I consider GOP bulls***

Quote:

The intolerance shown by those who demand tolerance can be quite amusing in its hypocrisy.


Not sure how to respond to this one. Perhaps both sides are guilty to some extent.

Posted on: 2013/12/16 10:11
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/27 7:04
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1179
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Your fear, like many on the looney left, is palpable. A centrist Republican, especially an attractive populist one like Christie, scares the crap out of the looney left.


The looney right cost Republicans the Senate in 2010. Keep it coming.

Resized Image
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/12/14 6:51
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#26
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/7/2 15:11
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 148
Offline
Attractive?

Posted on: 2013/12/14 3:57
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Deputy Director Bill Baroni resigns from Port Authority amid political firestorm

http://www.app.com/article/20131213/N ... 100?odyssey=mod%7Cmostcom

One can only hope this is just the beginning of a series of misfortunes to befall Christie. A man who opposed marriage equality, would hinder a woman's right to choose, who is attempting to balance the State's budget on the backs of the working poor and the middle class.

And you can't forget he supported Dubya and Romney. He's no moderate. Just an arrogant bully who represents one of the worst elements of the Republican Party. Romney's remarks about the 47% could have just as easily been mouthed by Christie


Your fear, like many on the looney left, is palpable. A centrist Republican, especially an attractive populist one like Christie, scares the crap out of the looney left.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 23:03
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2918
Offline
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Deputy Director Bill Baroni resigns from Port Authority amid political firestorm

http://www.app.com/article/20131213/N ... 100?odyssey=mod%7Cmostcom

One can only hope this is just the beginning of a series of misfortunes to befall Christie. A man who opposed marriage equality, would hinder a woman's right to choose, who is attempting to balance the State's budget on the backs of the working poor and the middle class.

And you can't forget he supported Dubya and Romney. He's no moderate. Just an arrogant bully who represents one of the worst elements of the Republican Party. Romney's remarks about the 47% could have just as easily been mouthed by Christie


I will bet ANYTHING that both this man and David Wildstein will get hooked up with cushy state jobs as soon as this blows over.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 22:52
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/2/5 19:52
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 279
Offline
Deputy Director Bill Baroni resigns from Port Authority amid political firestorm

http://www.app.com/article/20131213/N ... 100?odyssey=mod%7Cmostcom

One can only hope this is just the beginning of a series of misfortunes to befall Christie. A man who opposed marriage equality, would hinder a woman's right to choose, who is attempting to balance the State's budget on the backs of the working poor and the middle class.

And you can't forget he supported Dubya and Romney. He's no moderate. Just an arrogant bully who represents one of the worst elements of the Republican Party. Romney's remarks about the 47% could have just as easily been mouthed by Christie

Posted on: 2013/12/13 22:07
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#22
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/7/2 15:11
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 148
Offline
Anybody who thinks they know what's going to happen in national politics in 3 years has delusions, the field and situations change significantly every month. Case in point the 2012 Republican Primary. Sit back and enjoy, or throw up.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 19:25
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
Poor atsushi. Don't you know Christie is in favor of granting in-state tuition to all residents, legal or illegal, but like the vast majority of NJ residents he opposes giving them grant money? And you must be really annoyed at Obama, whose level of deporting illegal aliens is epic in numbers. How do you feel about that?

The Democratic war on women (just how loud were the voices from the left commenting on the misogynistic and utterly disgusting Bashir talking about shitting and peeing in a woman's mouth? And you're complaining about Christie? Did Mrs. Clinton call out for MSNBC to fire Bashir?

And Christie ordered the closing of the local lanes to the bridge? Was that reported somewhere, outside of a looney left wet dream that is turning into a Democratic circle jerk?

I'll bet you thought when Obama said he didn't know about a) the IRS targeting of conservative groups, b) the phone tapping of foreign leaders, c) Eric Holder's Fast and Furious, d) the re-engineering of the unemployment numbers just before the election you believed him. But when Governor Christie says the same thing you feel differently, lol? Oops, partisan politics again.

And for whoever commented upon Governor Christie's, er, manhood-do you feel it would be ok to comment on Mrs. Clintons backside, now that Christie's is smaller than hers? Or Obama's ears flapping about? Or is insulting someone ok only when directed to a Republican (see Governor Palin above). (Hint, the answer by the looney left is no to my first and second questions, and yes to the second).

The intolerance shown by those who demand tolerance can be quite amusing in its hypocrisy.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 18:42
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#20
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/10/12 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 63
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Christie and Clinton are essentially neck and neck.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/ ... ypothetical-2016-matchup/




poll discussion this far out are meaningless.

you'd have better luck predicting who will win the 2015 Superbowl.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 14:08
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Christie will never survive the primaries south of the Mason Dixon.

He thinks women, gays and immigrants should have some, but not all the rights of others. Far, far too liberal for todays' Republicans.

Not only that, but he had the audacity to work with Democrats instead of following Congressional Republicans lead of running home with the ball when you lose.

All that said, sorry but what is the defense to I didn't like what a mayor did so I decided to fark over his city by ordering a corrupt agency to ruin traffic there? How is that a defensible act?

It shows Christie is as petty and partisan as the big bad teachers union, meanwhile the PA and police unions walk all over us.

Christie is big on cutting taxes, we are told, let allowed PATH fares and tolls to rise...property taxes...HA...$24 million so he doesn't have to face Booker on the same day...

He is the tallest midget in a party where Senate candidates think women's bodies shut down rape. That's a celebrity because they have nothing else.

Who cares what Clinton did. I don't like her. But I'd vote for her over the cesspool on the other side, which isn't about less government or lower taxes. It's about right wing fundamentalist Christians and corporations and neither of whom should have any role in our government.


I completely agree!

Posted on: 2013/12/13 13:58
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/7/11 15:25
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 357
Offline
Christie will never survive the primaries south of the Mason Dixon.

He thinks women, gays and immigrants should have some, but not all the rights of others. Far, far too liberal for todays' Republicans.

Not only that, but he had the audacity to work with Democrats instead of following Congressional Republicans lead of running home with the ball when you lose.

All that said, sorry but what is the defense to I didn't like what a mayor did so I decided to fark over his city by ordering a corrupt agency to ruin traffic there? How is that a defensible act?

It shows Christie is as petty and partisan as the big bad teachers union, meanwhile the PA and police unions walk all over us.

Christie is big on cutting taxes, we are told, let allowed PATH fares and tolls to rise...property taxes...HA...$24 million so he doesn't have to face Booker on the same day...

He is the tallest midget in a party where Senate candidates think women's bodies shut down rape. That's a celebrity because they have nothing else.

Who cares what Clinton did. I don't like her. But I'd vote for her over the cesspool on the other side, which isn't about less government or lower taxes. It's about right wing fundamentalist Christians and corporations and neither of whom should have any role in our government.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 13:27
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
This story shouldn’t be remotely plausible, but it gets traction because of what the public already knows of his tendency to behave unprofessionally. I think that's a bigger story than the traffic jam.


He may be funny on TV, but he is NOT presidential. And his policies suck!

Even if miraculously he gets to be the GOP nominee, he is not going to win if Clinton runs, which I'm sure she will.


He's not presidential? Two people have been removed from the PA over the traffic jam-which is TWO MORE PEOPLE than have been removed over the debacle we call Obamacare. (You know, the 650 million dollar website that doesn't work, the millions losing the insurance they were told they could keep, yadda yadda).

Please try to figure out what Presidential means to you outside partisan politics, lol. And while polls change, right now Christie is ahead of Mrs. Clinton. And the press won't give Mrs. Clinton a pass the way they did Obama. Lots of time for Benghazi information to come out.



Please believe whatever you want to believe, including what Fox is telling you about Bengahazi and made-up conspiracy theories. It's your prerogative.

No one knows for sure what's going to happen in 2016. That's why my prediction is just prediction. And my prediction is A) Christie is NOT going to survive GOP primaries and B) even if he miraculously gets to be the GOP nominee, he is NOT going to win the general election....although I do believe that he is the only GOP candidate who even has a slightest chance.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 13:06
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/30 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 288
Offline
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/ ... -chris-christie-2016.html

Too moderate (not conservative enough) in most Republican opinions, especially southern and heartland party (where it counts nationally) hardliners. Popular out east, but not everywhere else.


Posted on: 2013/12/13 12:55
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/13 21:38
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3317
Offline
Well, Christie certainly talks loudly but I wonder about the other part. maybe he's overcompensating!

Posted on: 2013/12/13 12:41
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/4/2 7:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 725
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Please try to figure out what Presidential means to you outside partisan politics, lol.


An American President should “Speak softly and carry a big stick,” not “Berate loudly and carry on like a big dick.”

Posted on: 2013/12/13 12:28
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/13 21:38
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3317
Offline
Christie and Clinton are essentially neck and neck.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/ ... ypothetical-2016-matchup/

Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:57
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
This story shouldn’t be remotely plausible, but it gets traction because of what the public already knows of his tendency to behave unprofessionally. I think that's a bigger story than the traffic jam.


He may be funny on TV, but he is NOT presidential. And his policies suck!

Even if miraculously he gets to be the GOP nominee, he is not going to win if Clinton runs, which I'm sure she will.


He's not presidential? Two people have been removed from the PA over the traffic jam-which is TWO MORE PEOPLE than have been removed over the debacle we call Obamacare. (You know, the 650 million dollar website that doesn't work, the millions losing the insurance they were told they could keep, yadda yadda).

Please try to figure out what Presidential means to you outside partisan politics, lol. And while polls change, right now Christie is ahead of Mrs. Clinton. And the press won't give Mrs. Clinton a pass the way they did Obama. Lots of time for Benghazi information to come out.


Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:54
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
This story shouldn’t be remotely plausible, but it gets traction because of what the public already knows of his tendency to behave unprofessionally. I think that's a bigger story than the traffic jam.


He may be funny on TV, but he is NOT presidential. And his policies suck!

Even if miraculously he gets to be the GOP nominee, he is not going to win if Clinton runs, which I'm sure she will.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:42
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/4/2 7:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 725
Offline
This story shouldn’t be remotely plausible, but it gets traction because of what the public already knows of his tendency to behave unprofessionally. I think that's a bigger story than the traffic jam.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:38
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#9
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/5 6:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 687
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I think the Christie-yites are feeling desperate. They know Christie has done nothing good for NJ. In fact, Cuomo has far outperformed Christie.


Yup, real desperate. Did you miss the November election? The 'Christie-yites' you mention were black, white, latino, male, female, rich, poor-in fact, his appeal extended across gender, race, economic status, and most importantly political party.

The sheeple trying to make a mountain out of a small traffic jam are the same people (like State Senator Nia Gill) who are trying to shift blame from Obama for 800,000 NJ residents losing the healthcare he promised they could keep, to Christie for not setting up a NJ program (which was part of the 'settled law' featured in Obamacare).



My prediction on Christie surviving GOP primaries: ZERO

Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:29
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#8
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
Brewster, you're spot on in your critique of the PA. I'm a Christie supporter, but if asked to note how I think he's underperformed it's in the area of reining in the PA. I wish he'd go after them the same way he's gone after smaller patronage mills such as the Passaic Valley Sewerage Authority and the Delaware River Port Authority. Cuomo and he should throw those bastids on the frying pan and sweat them out a bit.

As spot on as your are about the Port Authority, you're dead wrong about Benghazi, especially if people are trying to make a 'gate' about a traffic jam in comparison-on any level.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:22
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4815
Offline
The attempts to create a "gate" type scandal out of the tragic events in Bengazi just illustrate how desperate the right is for something to hang on Obama that isn't something a GOP president would have doubled down on, like drones, NSA etc.

The PA scandal on the other hand is just business as usual for a thoroughly corrupt dysfunctional agency coming to light. Christie's pal was just more sloppy than most. The PA should be broken up like Ma Bell was, it has no business running railroads or building commercial office buildings. At least Robert Moses's empire disintegrated when he retired, the PA just grinds on.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:16
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I think the Christie-yites are feeling desperate. They know Christie has done nothing good for NJ. In fact, Cuomo has far outperformed Christie.


Yup, real desperate. Did you miss the November election? The 'Christie-yites' you mention were black, white, latino, male, female, rich, poor-in fact, his appeal extended across gender, race, economic status, and most importantly political party.

The sheeple trying to make a mountain out of a small traffic jam are the same people (like State Senator Nia Gill) who are trying to shift blame from Obama for 800,000 NJ residents losing the healthcare he promised they could keep, to Christie for not setting up a NJ program (which was part of the 'settled law' featured in Obamacare).


Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:15
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4077
Offline
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
It's apparent how frightened the far left is over Christie's popularity and resonance with the public. In fact, a pro Clinton group has been pushing this non story with little effect.

Fast forward to the 2016 debates. Just imagine the questions-Governor Christie, how do you respond to allegations that you ignored a traffic jam that one of your appointees caused? 'What difference does it make?'

Secretary of State Clinton, how do you respond to allegations you did nothing to prevent the murder of a US Ambassador, could not identify where you were or what you did during and after the attack, and helped cover up the aftermath? 'What difference does it make?'

Which action carries more gravitas, and reflects worse upon the candidate?



It really takes zero imagination to figure out where you get your news from.


What did I say that wasn't factual, lol? Has the NYTimes interviewed ANY of the dozens and dozens of staff that were attacked in Benghazi, including those injured in the attack who still suffer from their injuries?

Of course, a minor traffic jam (not dissimilar to those caused when Governor Corzine had the Lincoln Tunnel closed when he drove into Manhattan for booty calls with his now wife, then girlfriend) is of more interest to the faded Grey Lady than a cover up of a murdered US Ambassador. Sadly, the NYTimes will end up like MSNBC and other looney left faux news outlets.

Too bad you don't have Martin Bashir or Alec Baldwin jumping all over this non story!

Posted on: 2013/12/13 11:01
Print Top


Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/13 21:38
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3317
Offline
I think the Christie-yites are feeling desperate. They know Christie has done nothing good for NJ. In fact, Cuomo has far outperformed Christie.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 10:57
Print Top




« 1 ... 37 38 39 (40) 41 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017