Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 35 36 37 (38) 39 40 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Christie vs. Clinton. Either way, you have a democrat in office.

My prediction exactly.

It would take another decade for GOP to get their sh** together.

But in a decade or two, I don't think GOP will be a national party.

It would be great if Tea Party splits off from GOP.

Who is looking forward to GOP primary debates? It's going to be quite a circus.

The Republicans and Democrats are the same party at this point. They work together to screw you, the common man, financially. People need to figure this out and start to consider voting for third party candidates who don't subscribe to one party's ideology vs. another. Fiscally conservative, and socially liberal would be a good middle ground for me. Democrats and Republicans seem to know one thing these days, and that's how to spend all your inflated tax dollars into debt.

We need another 21st century party that embraces the social things that DEM does and at the same time, being fiscally conservative.

Being fiscally conservative goes against what the Democratic party represents, which is why I can never vote Democrat and choose third party candidates.

Yes, and I understand that. Voting for third party candidates is a lot better than voting for GOP.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Aww, you still believe the Dems are an acceptable political solution. That's cute. It's like seeing someone being happy watching movies on a Betamax.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
You're nothing more than an ignorant f*cking troll. And you, yourself, are probably a racist pig.

Quote:

NO, I will not stop. At every opportunity I get, I will continue to speak how racist GOP is. You do what you have to do to promote your agenda. It's your prerogative.

GOP is a racist party.

Fine by me. Most likely, you are too.

GOP is a racist party.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

At the same time, it shouldn't be dominated by one party. So we need a great counter balance. The current GOP is NOT a good counter balance. They are just too anti-minority, anti-gay, anti-women, anti-science. GOP is a relic of the past.

This whole white washing (no pun intended) of the GOP needs to stop. It makes you and people like you sound woefully ignorant.

You take the stances of the most visible and stupid (Palin and her ilk) and apply it to the whole party.

Trust me, the Dems have quite their share of racist (Sharpton, etc.), pro-life/"anti women" (Jim Oberstar, Joe Donnelly, Steve Driehaus), anti-minority (Obama - don't really see many/any high ranking minorities in this cabinet do you? Robert Byrd), anti-science (Robert F Kennedy, California Dems who supported Prop 37), so don't play this stupid game.

NO, I will not stop. At every opportunity I get, I will continue to speak how racist GOP is. You do what you have to do to promote your agenda. It's your prerogative.

GOP is a racist party.

Atsushi, please provide us with some examples of the GOP's racism. I think you would be taken more seriously if you actually backed up your argument with some facts. It just sounds like you're ranting.

http://republicansareracists.com/

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Don't take my words for it.

Those are both links from very biased sites. Do you have anything from an unbiased site that doesn't just support your misgivings about the GOP? I'm not supportive of either party, but you sound worse than the nut job right wingers on Fox News. Your language is full of hate, and it doesn't help your party's image. Since we're throwing links around, here's one to check out:

http://hnn.us/article/3554

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
You're nothing more than an ignorant f*cking troll. And you, yourself, are probably a racist pig.

Quote:

GOP is a racist party.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

My prediction exactly.

The Republicans and Democrats are the same party at this point. They work together to screw you, the common man, financially. People need to figure this out and start to consider voting for third party candidates who don't subscribe to one party's ideology vs. another. Fiscally conservative, and socially liberal would be a good middle ground for me. Democrats and Republicans seem to know one thing these days, and that's how to spend all your inflated tax dollars into debt.

We need another 21st century party that embraces the social things that DEM does and at the same time, being fiscally conservative.

Being fiscally conservative goes against what the Democratic party represents, which is why I can never vote Democrat and choose third party candidates.

Yes, and I understand that. Voting for third party candidates is a lot better than voting for GOP.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

My prediction exactly.

Yes, and I understand that. Voting for third party candidates is a lot better than voting for GOP or Dem candidates.

Fixed.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

At the same time, it shouldn't be dominated by one party. So we need a great counter balance. The current GOP is NOT a good counter balance. They are just too anti-minority, anti-gay, anti-women, anti-science. GOP is a relic of the past.

This whole white washing (no pun intended) of the GOP needs to stop. It makes you and people like you sound woefully ignorant.

You take the stances of the most visible and stupid (Palin and her ilk) and apply it to the whole party.

Trust me, the Dems have quite their share of racist (Sharpton, etc.), pro-life/"anti women" (Jim Oberstar, Joe Donnelly, Steve Driehaus), anti-minority (Obama - don't really see many/any high ranking minorities in this cabinet do you? Robert Byrd), anti-science (Robert F Kennedy, California Dems who supported Prop 37), so don't play this stupid game.

GOP is a racist party.

Atsushi, please provide us with some examples of the GOP's racism. I think you would be taken more seriously if you actually backed up your argument with some facts. It just sounds like you're ranting.

http://republicansareracists.com/

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Don't take my words for it.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

GOP is a racist party.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

GOP is a racist party.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

My prediction exactly.

Yes, and I understand that. Voting for third party candidates is a lot better than voting for GOP candidates.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Much as I appreciate the spectacle of Christie scrambling to contain this, I'm disappointed that the corruption and unaccountability of the PA seems to be forgotten. They'll still get to pillage us for building their empire unimpeded.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

My prediction exactly.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Atshushi, so much is unknown about Benghazi that remain to be uncovered. Dozens and dozens of the government contractors who were sited in Libya-we don't know what they were doing there. Congress has been prohibited from interviewing them to find out, under the guise of they're part of a criminal investigation.

Freedom of Information Act requests have been stonewalled. We don't even know where Obama and Clinton were during the 12 hour attack, and why no support was instantly sent-after all, the last of the killed happened many hours after the attack began and could have been saved. And I'll leave aside the cover up and distraction about the 'spontaneous' riot vs an Al Qaeda supported/aided attack on the anniversary of 9/11.

And Hilary's convenient concussion when she was called to testify still boggles the mind. Talk about accountability?

Anyone who thinks a traffic jam in Ft. Lee is within a million miles of Clinton's exposure on Benghazi is stupid, na?ve, or delusional.

Clearly, there is a lot of conflicting evidence on what happened in Benghazi http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013 ... benghazi-attack-challenge and, given the "spiders' web" of regional politics and alliances we may not know for a very long time. And of course not - a traffic jam does not compare to an international incident, although IMO we are more likely to see Clinton's downfall as being that of putting people with poor command of events on the ground in charge of giving her information, as opposed to Christie's scenario which is the usual fallout from sad patronage hack's actions. Is that in-and-of-itself a reason to question his leadership skills more than Clinton's? I for one am not prepared to say.

But Monroe I must say, Christie's popularity here in NJ will only hurt him as a presidential candidate - NJ is too diverse, too urban, too Catholic, etc. Do you really see inbred, flat-earth, southern "Christian" Republicans supporting the guy?

Posted on: 2013/12/17 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

My prediction exactly.

I agree and disagree. What we need is two (or more) great parties. I'm almost (not 100%) happy with the current DEM, but I want them to go further.

Best policies can only come from debates between two (or more) competent parties present their best ideas to move the country forward.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

My prediction exactly.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

My prediction exactly.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Atshushi, so much is unknown about Benghazi that remain to be uncovered. Dozens and dozens of the government contractors who were sited in Libya-we don't know what they were doing there. Congress has been prohibited from interviewing them to find out, under the guise of they're part of a criminal investigation.

Then press on it. Keep pushing and talking about it. I think you are wasting your time, but please do let me know when you uncover any evidence that Clinton was directly responsible (I already said that she is responsible, okay? It happened under her watch).

Quote:

Freedom of Information Act requests have been stonewalled. We don't even know where Obama and Clinton were during the 12 hour attack, and why no support was instantly sent-after all, the last of the killed happened many hours after the attack began and could have been saved. And I'll leave aside the cover up and distraction about the 'spontaneous' riot vs an Al Qaeda supported/aided attack on the anniversary of 9/11.

If you feel this strongly, don't give up.

Quote:

And Hilary's convenient concussion when she was called to testify still boggles the mind. Talk about accountability?

Baseless accusation. Evidence, please!

Quote:

Anyone who thinks a traffic jam in Ft. Lee is within a million miles of Clinton's exposure on Benghazi is stupid, na?ve, or delusional.

Two things are clearly not the same.

One is a serious allegation with no credible evidence (keep digging!).

I already said that *IF* Clinton is found to be *directly* responsible for the deaths of four Americans, she shouldn't become the President.

The other is a stupid allegation still under investigation (it initially appeared so ridiculous but not so stupid for the last few days....I want to know more about....because I don't like Christie, okay? I would love to see him making fool of himself and self destruct.)

IF Christie had ordered lane closure for no good reason (and I stress again, it's a big IF still), that's him abusing his power. IF so, in my view, Christie should not become the President. He shouldn't even be the governor IF this allegation turns out to be true.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/17 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/17 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
All this Democratic circle jerk about the local lane closures only shows how they're scared to their pinky toes about Christie.

It would be comforting to think that your guy is feared by his opponents. I totally understand. I would feel the same to know Clinton is feared by your side. It's a good comforting feeling.

And maybe some people on my side do fear Christie.

I personally do NOT....because...well, I already said why many times.

Let's keep in mind that this is still under investigation. We do not have all the facts yet. I'm looking forward to learning new findings....or maybe this is just going to go away. We do not know at this moment.

Quote:

Four lanes diverted from local access is exactly what compared to four murdered Americans, on the anniversary of 9/11, under the watch of Christie's opponent in 2016-whose department was begged by the murdered Ambassador for help and was denied?

No one is arguing about seriousness of the two. People being killed is far more serious matter.

However, no credible evidence was found Clinton was directly responsible for it....although no matter what, she is responsible because it happened under her watch. And Obama bears the ultimate responsibility.

Would this hurt Clinton? Absolutely. But would this disqualify her? Not even close.

To be fair though, IF Clinton as the secretary of states, had ordered NOT to increase the security despite the request from the ambassador, then, yeah, I don't think she should become the President. But there is NO evidence of that.

If you feel that Benghazi still calls for further investigations, I'm sure there are plenty of GOP members who agree with you. Maybe you feel such evidence may be uncovered if we dig more. I do not.

Quote:

Which is the bigger scandal? A traffic jam or four dead Americans and dozens more injured? An alleged bridge lane coverup, or Benghazi victims being hidden from Congressional enquiries?
Christie, perhaps 'Four lanes closed? What difference does it make'
Mrs. Clinton, on record 'Four dead Americans? What difference does it make?'

If (again, I would stress that this is a big IF still; we do not know) Christie ordered his high school buddy to close the lanes for no good reason, that's clearly abusing his power. And in my view, it at least damages Christie brand as straight shooter tough guy. And I also believe that it disqualifies him as an elected official.

But again, we do not have all the facts yet. We just have to wait and see how this is going to develop (or not).

Posted on: 2013/12/17 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Obamacare has had teething problems..but it is likely to succeed if given time. Of course, certain people don't want it it to succeed.

The worst website roll out in the history of the world, meant to corral 1/6th of the US economy, is suffering from 'teething' problems?

And by 'certain people', you mean the vast majority of US citizens who oppose it?

Gotcha. I think you've graduated from Kool Aid to that bath salt stuff.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Obamacare has had teething problems..but it is likely to succeed if given time. Of course, certain people don't want it it to succeed.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
All this Democratic circle jerk about the local lane closures only shows how they're scared to their pinky toes about Christie.

I hate to break it to you, but it's pretty clear by now that the lane closures were petty political revenge.

? There were no warnings or advance notice of the lane closure
? There is no report, not even a preliminary one
? Executive director of the PA says the traffic study did not and does not exist

No matter how you slice it, it's bad for Christie. Either he knew about it, and allowed it to happen; or he didn't know, and is foolishly trying to cover it up. Either way, he's not good at damage control, though at least he has kept his temper in check (in public).

Is it a huge deal? Probably not. Are his political opponents stoking a fire? Sure. That's politics.

Anyway, I have my doubts that anyone will change their vote based on it. It is troubling, though, that Christie is trying to make it all go away, rather than figure out what actually happened.

Quote:

Your quote is (unsurprisingly) taken out of context. She was not saying that "the deaths of four Americans didn't matter." She was responding to allegations that the Susan Rice intentionally misrepresented the incident:

"Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they?d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."

Anyway... Conflating this with Benghazi doesn't change anything.

Either Christie can take responsibility for his administration, or he can't. Same for Clinton -- who did, in fact, say that she felt responsible for the loss of lives at Benghazi.

Back on planet earth, the two appointees were fired by Christie for the non-gate lane issues from their high paying jobs. Clinton had four staffers placed on paid leave, and they have returned to government positions. No one has been fired by Obama for the financial disaster of Obamacare, the website, or the bungling thereof. So we have Christie taking responsibility, and Mrs. Clinton and Obama doing nothing over their responsibility.

So four dead Americans in Benghazi, dozens injured, no one fired by Clinton. A 600 million dollar website practically useless, no one fired by Obama. A traffic jam in Fort Lee and Christie fires the dopes in charge.

That about sums it up, no?

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
When a Democrat is obtuse and opaque, it's "ballsy". When a Republican is the same, it's "lying".

You people amaze me sometimes.

How about we all stop siding with politicians, and side with each other for once?

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I remember Mrs. Clinton in those Congressional hearings about Benghazi..she showed that she had the balls to do deal with GOP jerks who were trying to politicize a tragedy.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Isn't Christie just a bitter old man

If Christie is an 'old man' at 51, what is Mrs. Clinton in her middle 60's??

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I remember Mrs. Clinton in those Congressional hearings about Benghazi..she showed that she had the balls to do deal with GOP jerks who were trying to politicize a tragedy.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but it's pretty clear by now that the lane closures were petty political revenge.

? There were no warnings or advance notice of the lane closure
? There is no report, not even a preliminary one
? Executive director of the PA says the traffic study did not and does not exist

No matter how you slice it, it's bad for Christie. Either he knew about it, and allowed it to happen; or he didn't know, and is foolishly trying to cover it up. Either way, he's not good at damage control, though at least he has kept his temper in check (in public).

Is it a huge deal? Probably not. Are his political opponents stoking a fire? Sure. That's politics.

Anyway, I have my doubts that anyone will change their vote based on it. It is troubling, though, that Christie is trying to make it all go away, rather than figure out what actually happened.

Quote:

Your quote is (unsurprisingly) taken out of context. She was not saying that "the deaths of four Americans didn't matter." She was responding to allegations that the Susan Rice intentionally misrepresented the incident:

"Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they?d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator."

Anyway... Conflating this with Benghazi doesn't change anything.

Either Christie can take responsibility for his administration, or he can't. Same for Clinton -- who did, in fact, say that she felt responsible for the loss of lives at Benghazi.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Unless you ignore the fact that, historically, the Dems have a long history of abject racism (Robert Byrd anyone?) and demolishing military budgets, then you're right. And guess what, reverse racism does exist. Deny it if you want, but as the demographics shift, so does the paradigm. When whites are the minority, and the ruling class is non-white, who exactly will minorities get to blame for their woes?

The point of my characterization, was to counter the ridiculous Republican stereotype that everyone gets away with stating. They're both ill-informed and just plain stupid. There are good people on both sides, but it's the loudest idiots (Palin, Fox News/Al Sharpton, Nancy Pelosi)

In fact, in 2010 alone, there were significantly more Democrat millionaires in the Senate and House of Reps than Republicans. So, which party is the millionaire party?

At the end of the day, if you think either party actually cares about you, you're out of touch.

Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
the Democrats are hardly anti-white, anti-rich or anti-military. Who are you .... a Megyn Kelly who laments things like reverse racism?

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Isn't Christie just a bitter old man

Posted on: 2013/12/17 16:19

« 1 ... 35 36 37 (38) 39 40 41 »